PDA

View Full Version : return to the citadel

Daggertail
08-23-06, 11:18 PM
Wow I thinks it's been over a year since I had a battle thread and I was thinking of trying one out, though I want something IC be on the line, it won't be a life but maybe a prize.

I had this idea to introduce a Lord named Dario Renato. He's a wizard lord who was sworn to not get involved in the politics of the world and he has grown quite bored, so he has decided to use the citadel for a means of gambling. He has decided to make some matches with an enchanted item on the line in hopes that the fighting would be fiercer if there was something to gain by fighting and winning.

Well my first idea is to take place in an overgrown temple that has two swords. each sword has an enchantment that will be up to the player. The characters will think the enchantment stays for the person who wins but it will instead be up to Dario as to who was the most entertaining fighter. So OOC win gets the enchanted weapon while the loser gets a weapon sans enchantment (Unless the fight is really good then I think both should get the enchantment if that happens.)

I'll take one opponent, when you apply please give a description of your sword's magic and I'll use that to decide, just so I don't end up fighting a guy with a sword that is way too powerful or something like that, also I will choose based on who I most want to RP with and that has nothing to do with scores or how long you've been here. I'm just saying that it won't be first come first serve.

And so you know what I mean by sword description, I'll give mine:

Phobos: A Cutlass made of a dark material that's stronger than steel, the hilt and guard are of the same material except it's of shifting clouds of images of beings in torment. The blade projects an aura of fear on command, against mooks (weak, nameless NPCs that are often in groups) will likely break and do there best to get away. PCs might do that but it's rare, but they will have to deal with the pang of fear from the blade and while some can ignore it is tough and those that don't resist will find that apprehension will add to their mistakes. The aura of fear lasts a post or two and Eris can use it once during a battle and once every few hours in a quest

Zerith
08-24-06, 06:43 AM
I'll take you on...

Eyukin: A beautifully crafted katana with a blue-coloured blade of damascus and a black guard of the same metal. The hilt itself is wrapped in marvelous blue silk and capped with a black demon's head bearing sapphire eyes. The odd thing is, the blade often appears to be covered by a thin layer of ice. With this weapon in hand, the wielder can command the sword to help sheild him. When this happens, the ice forms around the blade, then continues to progess and cover the sword and the wielder. It starts by covering the arm used to hold the sword, but eventually will cover the entire body. This new, thin layer of temporary armor is easily breakable, probably equivilent to bronze or iron. The armor takes one post to form and only lasts for about two post before the ice retreats until it only covers the blade again. This ability can be used once per battle thread or once or twice a day in a quest

Daggertail
08-24-06, 08:26 AM
hey nice sword. this should be a good battle, unless I'm rustier than I thought then it'll be an wasy win for you.

I should have it up later today.