PDA

View Full Version : Need a boost!

Death's Nephew
08-24-06, 12:44 PM
Alrighty guys, here it goes.

This is Sword-for-Hire, obviously on one of my other accounts, and I'd like to get back into the swing of things with a small 2 person quest. I'm open to any pet ideas any of you have out there, like your character needing an item or skill or just story progression.

My main goal is to just get my writing back up to par. I'd also like to get some of my own character development in as well, but as for leading the story, I don't claim any senority. If you have an idea you want to put on the table, be my guest. I'll be brainstorming in between classes today with my own ideas and post them after I get done with a few chores at home.

So this is open to anyone at all, but not subject to choice on a first come first serve basis. :D

Death's Nephew
08-25-06, 11:01 AM
Double post, heh.

Well, I was thinking of making a quest a little bit out of the normal hack and slash protect a town and/or random meeting at a bar and all hell breaks loose.

I was thinking that the story should be based around something from our real life childhoods. Like McDonalds, Jack-in-the-Box, Lucky Charms, Fruit Loops, Power Rangers, Ren and Stimpy, etc.

It would be a quest centered around finding one of these things, obviously a reward would be in order for finding them, something cool like a bag of exploding marshmallow stars and ballons, deadly french fries, or the ability to summon a giant robot dinosaur....well, that might be a bit much....but you get the idea right?

I'm leaning towards finding "the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow" and being attacked by evil little leprachauns all the while.

Anyone wanna build on these ideas?

Devil May Care
08-25-06, 11:57 AM
If you mind to wait a bit I can join in with my newly proposed character, Grimoir.

Most of the threads I am in have become inactive or are close to finished anyways.

Ürei
08-26-06, 02:17 AM
Tada, Grimoir. I'm up for anything.

Death's Nephew
08-26-06, 10:39 AM
Alright, you have any thoughts on what I said in my second post?

Ürei
08-26-06, 10:53 AM
Maybe it could be something bigger then that. Our characters get transported into a kid's dream. Like we are toy-size and all the normal toys are alive.

Death's Nephew
08-26-06, 09:46 PM
Interesting idea, but we'd have to becareful how we do it. The RPer Toy Soldier may sue for copyright infringements, lol.

If you're not familiar with his work, try searching for it. Usually really good stuff.

But you're onto something. How would we get transported there? Or is that the big mystery we must unveil at the end?

Devil May Care
08-26-06, 10:33 PM
Big mystery works.

Death's Nephew
08-27-06, 10:49 AM
Alright. You want to start the intro post or want me to do it? Not sure if you had a certain theme you wanted to set-up unless it doesn't matter.

Ürei
08-27-06, 01:00 PM
You start it.