PDA

View Full Version : The Brotherhood recruitment thread.

assassian
07-21-12, 04:26 PM
fill out this forum. i will then judge it and begin a thread for both of us, this thread will be called "(your character name) training thread". when this is done you will officially be an assassin.

the Brotherhood fights to ensure the survival of free will, as it allowed for the progression of new ideas and the growth of individuality.

Historically, Assassins always showed great respect for the dead. Their own were buried in crypts or large tombs when time permitted. Those given a proper burial were wrapped in a cloth shroud, their red sash spread across the body. The greatest Assassins were venerated in large tombs and contained within sarcophagi, their likeness emblazoned on the lid and their symbol venerated in the flags of the tomb.
For all their assassination targets, unless circumstances prevented them from doing so, Assassins would give them their last rites after they had passed away.

Assassin's code
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." is the code and guiding philosophy of the Brotherhood. It restricts unnecessary slaughter of innocents, preserved the reputation of oneself and of the Brotherhood, and was meant to create peace, not only within the world, but within the individual. We are nothing if we do not abide by the Assassin's Creed. the Creed cannot be killed, even if all of its followers were. He went on to explain that the Creed is an idea, and even if all records of it were destroyed, it could eventually be reinvented by another.

We mainly emphasized three simple moral tenets that focused on ensuring a successful mission, mastery of emotions, and the safety of the Brotherhood

1: Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent - The goal of the Assassins is to ensure peace in all things. The Assassins believed that political assassinations and the death of the corrupt would bring peace and a true sense of security to the common people. Slaying innocents and civilian bystanders who did not need to die could spread strife and discord, in addition to ruining the name of the Brotherhood itself.

2: Hide in plain sight - Be unseen. The Assassins' aim is to get close to their target stealthily, and escape just as quickly. In more ancient times, Assassins aim to perform ostentatious, awe-inspiring assassinations, usually in public.
The greatest illusion from such an assassination is that the Assassin seemingly materialized from nowhere, killed a corrupt public figure, and vanished into the depths of the crowd or environment. If an Assassin was to be spotted stalking their target, the supernatural effect would be diluted, and it will become more difficult for the Assassin to reach his target.

3: Never compromise the Brotherhood - The actions of one must never bring harm to all. If an Assassin failed in his or her duty, and was captured or chased, he or she must never commit any action or say anything that could be tied back to the Brotherhood, or bring harm to any member of it.

The three great ironies are observations that described the contradictions between the Creed, and the actions of the Assassins who followed it. They are:

The Assassins seek to promote peace, but commit murder.
The Assassins seek to open the minds of men, but require obedience to rules.
The Assassins seek to reveal the danger of blind faith, yet practice it themselves.

Though seemingly hypocritical, the ironies do not undermine the Assassins' cause. Rather, they demonstrated the way in which they embraced contradiction, "that one may be two things – opposite in every way – simultaneously."

Penalty for disobedience - On most occasions, the breaking of one or more of the tenets of the Creed led to the execution of the involved Assassin, although in some cases there is no penalty.

The Codex - The Codex is a thirty-page personal journal. A guide to the inner workings of our order - its origin, purpose and techniques. Our creed, if you will.

Forum

Name:

Position/Role you'd like to fulfill:

Ambitions/goals that you'd have with The Brotherhood:

How often you can post:

How well are your stealth skills:

assassian
07-24-12, 07:32 AM
The "Training Thread" is to train you to use the skills "The Creed" once used. Three of these skills (I will add more detail about the skills and other stuff you might need to know later) are on the "Goals" part of the Power Group regestration thread. And as for what's in it for you, most likely (Depending on if you use these new skills or not) a better chance at assassinating your target. Also you acquire a Hidden blade. (If one isn't already owned)

Ihimirsyn
07-24-12, 11:41 AM
Name: Ihimirsyn

Position/Role you'd like to fulfill: Assassin Attaché

Ambitions/goals that you'd have with The Brotherhood: Find and kill Iorea Cenata.

How often you can post: Daily

How well are your stealth skills: Absolutely stealthy, as she moves across land and sea as an unseen mist, a feeling of terror

I'm interested, but I might add that Ihimirsyn does not believe in owning worldly goods. Her killing technique consists of walking up to someone and hitting them until they die. She does not dodge or block in combat because she has no sense of self-preservation. She is a manifestation of the inevitability of death.

She also gets hopelessly lost if she moves more than about ten feet.

assassian
07-24-12, 03:48 PM
Ihimirsyn

"Hide in plain sight - Be unseen. The Assassins' aim was to get close to their target stealthily, and escape just as quickly" The Assassin's have a strict code, but in some cases have allowed some rules to be broken. I will begin your training thread when the Registration thread is approved. (They have yet to approve it.) We look forward to you saying the Code and becoming a Member of The Brotherhood.

Ihimirsyn
07-24-12, 04:09 PM
Is it really appropriate to call it the "Brotherhood" when the majority of the members are now female?

I'm capable of non-lethally dealing with non-targets. It is part of the core concept of relentless, tireless, unstoppable pursuit of a target in face of any obstacles.

There may be some trouble in my garb. It is difficult to change, since it is my own burial shroud and I have no truck with worldly possessions. On the other hand, it is probably too different to count as everyday clothes.

What's with the references to the High Middle Ages? There is no such thing in Althanas, I think?

Why do I need a Hidden Blade? I'm not sure what it is?

It's infeasible to execute Ihimirsyn.

assassian
07-24-12, 05:05 PM
The Hidden Blade 2659 is the main weapon of the assassin's. due to her thoughts about worldly belongings you are not required to own a hidden blade.

The clothing wore by the Brotherhood is your choice, whether the assassin's cloak, or their own clothing.

Due to your thought about the hidden blade you will be allowed to use no weapons and use the same technique as you always use.

The original name in which i am basing this power group off of is called the Assassin's Order. If i was to use this name as the power group name it would be considered copy right to assassin's creed and illegal to use. Brotherhood is a common name used instead of Assassin's order on the site in which i found some of the information for this power group. this website is here ---> assassin's creed wiki (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/The_Creed)

assassian
07-24-12, 07:07 PM
I have created this power group to recruit assassins who wish to have others ready to help. if you were to join all others in the guild would have to be ready to help you in times of need. Let's say you are on an assassination mission and you are spotted. if you are trying to get away and are unable to the rest of the group would then have to jump in and help, either assassinating the guards following you, or just starting to fight with you against the threat. that was just an example, i'm sure that would never happen to any assassin but if any case like that was to happen we would be there to help you.

The training is for the "Hide in plain sight" simple moral tenet that focuses on ensuring a successful mission and the safety of the Brotherhood. those who do not know how to "Hide in plain sight" have fewer choices on how to escape without being noticed or captured by guards.

as for the hidden blade, if you wish not to have one then you won't acquire one.

Opposites
07-25-12, 11:23 PM
Name: Abrinano Ticherra Voscinato

Position/Role you'd like to fulfill: Chef / Food Assassin

Ambitions/goals that you'd have with The Brotherhood: To not taste the best food that Althanas has to offer

How often you can post: Not once a day

How well are your stealth skills: Not to fat to hide.

assassian
07-26-12, 07:30 AM
Although you most likely won't fight, you could still poison a targets food while acting like the chef.

State the Assassin's code and become one of the brotherhood.

Opposites
07-26-12, 11:00 AM
"Everything is true, nothing is permitted." is not the code and guiding philosophy of the Brotherhood. It doesn't restricts unnecessary slaughter of innocents, preserved the reputation of oneself and of the Brotherhood, and wasn't meant to create peace, not only within the world, but within the individual. We are everything if we do not abide by the Assassin's Creed. the Creed can be killed, even if all of its followers were. The Creed is not an idea, and even if all records of it were destroyed, it could eventually be reinvented by another.

assassian
07-26-12, 05:19 PM
Would you like me to change them then to my own wording, because if i was to do so it would still sound pretty much the same. These are the rules the Assassin's in the Assassin's Order follow, therefore since this power group is based off of the order the same rules, punishment and everything else is also the same for the Brotherhood. i will change the wording if you wish, but the meanings will stay the same.

Silence Sei
07-26-12, 05:19 PM
We could have all told you that one was pretty obvious, at least those of us who have played the game. The biggest difference I've noticed is no Templar fighting. You guys may want to consider editing your mission statement and maybe a few other things here and there. People tend not to flock to direct copies of established groups.

That's why the Althanas A-Team failed so hard.....

absentwizard
07-26-12, 06:12 PM
As far as I can tell, it's not quite "you guys" as much as it's still just the one person.

The trouble with the group as is, I feel, is that while you have got the frontend of it (the "be an assassin and kill people") part of it, you haven't thought about the back end. The games don't cover the back end because it's not as action-packed and whatnot and doesn't interest the same market of gamers.

You have to think about the back end, about how the organization works. How does it recruit? How does it select? Where does it get its funding? How does it select its targets? Where does intel come from? Who gives it political support? &c &c

hoytti
07-26-12, 10:53 PM
I have to agree with Wizard. It is important that all parts are covered. Example: Why was Abrinano Accepted when he is famous, by NPC's? He would stand out like a sore thumb.