PDA

View Full Version : A (hopefully very short) hiatus.

Skie and Avery
09-18-12, 09:44 AM
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I will be unavailable for a few days. This week is my finals week for my class and I have a very large research paper to write based on my labs so for the next few days I'll be very busy poring over chromosomal charts and genetic tests and slogging this monster out.

For those in the Guided Quests - Let's consider this a short breather for everyone, though I know our quests have slowed down in the last week. When I return, we can expect to surge forward once again with renewed vitality. :)

Periwinkle - I'm working on getting you a reply to our battle before my doctor's appointment today, so that should be up soon!

Revenant and Zook - I haven't forgotten about our threads, and you guys can expect replies as soon as I get back from the hellhole that is the precise and boring world of academic writing standards. Srsly, the last paper I had returned from one of my professors mentioned, "You don't need to write so elegantly." Hey, sorry it was an interesting read, bro. I can't help it if I find cellular function to be beautiful. TT______TT

Luned
09-18-12, 09:54 AM
Good luck!!! I'm sure I'll be in your shoes soon enough, so I totally understand.

Ashla
09-18-12, 10:50 AM
Blah, school papers and tests... Good luck :)

Enigmatic Immortal
09-18-12, 12:52 PM
Best of the time to you!

Skie and Avery
09-24-12, 09:06 PM
Aaand I'm back! :D Our professor tossed a surprise powerpoint presentation group project at us on the evolution of the rock hyrax. Hilarity ensued when one of my teammates handling characteristics of the hyrax (I got the fun part of taxonomy and close relatives) did a slide on the reproductive cycle and included graphics of two hyraxes getting it on. Hopefully we will get extra credit.

Zook Murnig
09-24-12, 09:15 PM
Fun fact: the rock hyrax, while rodent-like in appearance, is not actually a rodent. This small gopher-like mammal is most closely related to the African elephant.

Mordelain
09-25-12, 03:44 AM
My eyes...they cannot unseeing! :eek:

(Also, welcome back!)