PDA

View Full Version : Are you spiritually indisposed?

Resolve
10-03-12, 10:52 AM
So, who has a dead (or otherwise spiritually indisposed) character or NPC they'd like to offer up as fodder for Resolve's experimentation as a medium and exorcist? This could go in many directions, some examples being:

• Straightforward exorcism of unwanted spirits
• Investigation into the death/secrets of a recently deceased loved one, acquaintance, or enemy
• Get information from someone who is comatose or otherwise unable to communicate through a normal manner

There are many opportunities for these events to get bungled up in festive and horrific ways. For example, Resolve doesn't always know exactly what she's doing; anyone want to go on an unplanned vacation on another plane of existence? Or perhaps an exorcism gets botched and opens a whole new can o' worms. It could be as ridiculous as something straight out of Beetlejuice as well as on the darker/more serious end of the spectrum.

I'm open to both entirely new stories as well as supplementing people's current story lines, if Resolve's services would be helpful in some way.

Arden
10-03-12, 11:32 AM
Hi, Luned.

My necromancer character, Hallow, lives in an old hospital tower with a narcissistic liche spirit called Malfegor. I'm thinking their comic double act and lots of maudlin' wails is right up your street.

I'd log in with him, but I'll be blown what the password is (it's Duffy, in any respect).

Luned
10-04-12, 02:44 PM
haha, oops.

I'd be down for a thread, Duffy, except you've disappeared from the others we've been in together. ; (

Mordelain
10-04-12, 02:49 PM
If you mean the group quest, that was entirely down to general lack of hubbub - is there something else I'm missing?

I can only apologise in advance - anything I started before my...blackout needs to be slapped in my face (as Enigmatic Immortal will attest, he's been trying to get me to post in something I forgot about for ages).

It's winter, I have SAD, I write like the clappers to keep above the waves - I'd understand if you declined, of course!

Luned
10-04-12, 03:12 PM
Oh, well then, in that case... (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?24370-A-Tale-In-Shrink-(Closed))

I could be up for something. And for the record, if you don't feel like reviving a super-dead thread that we didn't really plan out, I don't really mind. Let's just make the next one count!

Mordelain
10-04-12, 03:15 PM
Shit...totally on it right now!

Leopold
10-04-12, 03:44 PM
There, my debt is repaid...

Now, about that potty mouthed liche :D.

Luned
10-05-12, 11:43 AM
That's some quick work, sir!

Where is Hallow located?

Duffy
10-05-12, 11:48 AM
He is based in Anebrilith, the city of the dead in Raiera. It's now called Beinost, mind.

He can teleport, in a way, so technically, anywhere is possible. He can only leave the tower by night, mind - so, wherever we go, it has to be dark. His sleeping pattern is reversed (awake all night, asleep all-day).

This is your story, though, so I'm open to requirements like an all diner.

Luned
10-05-12, 11:58 AM
I should've mentioned that Resolve's currently in Corone and stuck there for vague-over-arching-character-goals reasons; the rest is open. Could I have a link to Hallow's sheet?

Duffy
10-05-12, 12:07 PM
He is basically a travelling necromancer, called upon to exorcise and deal with the injured as a member of the sort of 'are they evil or woot?' College of Necromancy in aid city. So Corone is cool with me!

His current profile is here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?23463-The-Surgeon-(Level-One)&highlight=ashley+turgor+level+2).

Please apologise for the multi-posting as different people, I keep forgetting who I'm logged on with at the time - I'm not schizo :rolleyes:.

Luned
10-05-12, 07:55 PM
Maybe he gets called in for something but Resolve's already there, stealing his gig (and probably doing a terrible job of it at that)?

Mordelain
10-06-12, 02:35 AM
Sounds like a necrotic sitcom I can't possibly turn down :).