PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and all that!

Tinker Kid
10-19-12, 01:22 PM
Hello friends and countrymen and woman and uncountry men and women, and all those who don't fit into the set there!

I'm vaguely generally new here; I played a TINY bit ages ago here before disappearing without making a splash, but I've been wanting to RP and recall Althanas as a pretty cool place! Hopefully some cool adventures are to be had!

Luned
10-19-12, 01:32 PM
Welcome back, hope you like it here! If you have any questions (the site has probably changed a bunch since your last visit), don't hesitate to ask.

Did you draw your avatar?

Mordelain
10-19-12, 01:36 PM
Welcome, Tinker Kid, or rather, welcome back!

Hope you have a pleasant stay.

Any questions? Feel free to pester us dry, or peruse the FAQ and factual located to your toppermost browsery thingy.

Tinker Kid
10-19-12, 01:48 PM
Hallo!

I did draw it; I was feeling compelled to create character-type stuff yesterday, and felt like drawing, so I actually started sketching before I had an idea beyond 'some Tinker boy'. I didn't mean to spend a lot of time on it though x_x

I sort of have a couple small questions; I recall that you can't start with firearms, but I'm considering RPing a little adventure where he acquires one. Can you tell me if that's allowed, or if it's a "level-0" restriction rather than an initial creation restriction?

My other question is that my main aspiration at this point is to FINISH a thread, and to that end I want to do a few short and sweet adventures. The limit on length is 10 "posts", right? (My mental image of a post is between 300-1000 words, ish)

Thanks for the welcome!

Edit: Oh, and for shameless preening, I put the full picture in my profile =P

Ashla
10-19-12, 01:50 PM
Hello, welcome back to Althanas! :) I hope you like it here

hoytti
10-19-12, 01:58 PM
Welcome back. Hope you can stay.

Tshael
10-19-12, 02:03 PM
You are correct that you can quest for firearms, though I do believe that they are difficult to come by, limited to flintlock by the setting, and require a pretty good quest to be awarded one, especially in working condition. Also your ammunition will be expensive and difficult to come by. I could be completely wrong, though, and you'd be best to ask one of our Realm of Greeting mods for confirmation.

Of course you can write stories in the Nexus without limits on firearms, though they don't grant experience in the same way.

The completed post length is 10 posts or 10k words. :) Welcome back! Looking forward to see where you go.

BlackAndBlueEyes
10-19-12, 02:12 PM
Welcome (back) to Althanas!

Luned
10-19-12, 02:28 PM
That's so cool, you should totally make a thread in Creative Endeavors to share your drawings! Do you have more artwork online somewhere? : )

Revenant
10-19-12, 06:48 PM
I feel like I'm jumping in a little late here but I've been busy. Welcome to Althanas! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Tinker Kid
10-23-12, 07:15 PM
Belatedly, Thanks for all the welcomes! Luned, thanks so much, and your art is awesome! I love that super vibrant, whimsical sort of stuff. Yours' reminds me of Secret of the Kells (Which is amazing).

My drawings and stuff... don't really exist online, just because there aren't really very many of them. I've been drawing for years, but it's all sketchbooks and pencil stuff. I'm kind of afraid of a lot of other media =P
I only recently got a wee wacom which I've started using for things like that suuuuuuper sketchy boyo there, and a couple more substantial things, but it still takes me AGES compared to pencils.

That said... maybe I shall go make a small thread and show a bit of what I've got =]

Luned
10-23-12, 09:41 PM
Super cool, I look forward to a thread if you decide to make one! If you ever want to talk art or something, drop into the chat. : ) I looove my wacom. Someday I will have a cintiq... when I'm a wealthy artist (lolol) with thousands of extra dollars just laying around.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments –– Secret of Kells was amaaazing.

Roc
10-23-12, 09:59 PM
The completed post length is 10 posts or 10k words.

Er... not trying to start anything here, but I could have sworn that this rule went the way of the dinosaurs.

Welcome, TK! Feel free to ask if you have any questions. Also, you can always jump in the chat if you want to get to know a few of us better! Looking forward to seeing you write!