PDA

View Full Version : Visual Ramblings: Wherein I'll show random stuff

Tinker Kid
10-23-12, 09:17 PM
So, at the behest of Luned, I suppose this is me starting a creative endeavors thread! Mostly I sketch, and they get pretty messy so I doubt I'll share a lottttt... probably? Who knows what'll happen! But I can at least show a few random or more finished things.

I've started using a little wacom but I'm still learning and it seems to take a thousand years to get anything halfway done x_x

Stuff! These are all recent things I made using Sketchbook Pro...

Super sketchy thing I made for here, Raime (though I hadn't named him and didn't know who he was when I drew it). He is still kind of dapper from his big city days, though perhaps a bit impractically dressed for the road.

An old character I really like. An orc raised by humans and later on the streets of an Elven city. Needs a haircut >.>
My most recent art! I finished this today, actually; it's a redrawing of one of the first characters I ever happily drew, who's had a special place in my heart even though I made her for a single day game like 4-5 years ago. Rose - Future fantasy professional demonhunting mage; her guns are magitek which fire enscorcelled bullets she makes. She's SO happy ALL the time, because if you're NOT the demons will eat your SOUL!!! :D:D:D:D
This one... I don't know who this is. Some magical lady, obviously. I wanted to try thick lines, color, and lighting in sketchbook pro, and this is what happened!

I think that's all for now =]

Luned
10-23-12, 09:51 PM
Oh nice, I use Sketchbook Pro too! Usually I do line art in there and then bring it into Photoshop. What tools do you use in SBP? I've only really used the default pencil settings, haven't really experimented with coloring with it yet either.

Btw, that orc is freaking awesome. I'm a little jealous of that hair.

Tinker Kid
10-24-12, 02:26 PM
I already mentioned this in chat, but to answer the other part of your question here: I mostly used the default pencil and the airbrush for quick coloring; that's everything on the Raime picture. Other than that, all the other ones are done with a custom brush I've set up like a chubby chisel tip pen, along with a couple modified actual chisel tips on occasion

Kir (Orc Girl)'s picture was a little more complicated; I used a chisel tip for all the black, and a kind of generic paintbrush to do the colors, but for the leather I had a custom brush with high jitter, stamp spacing, and noise to try and texture it a bit. The Sorceress I wanted it to look a little like a lino-cut, but the tools were pretty simple, like above.

Tinker Kid
11-09-12, 10:27 AM
I haven't been drawing much this week at all! Would anyone like a character/other kind of sketch? I could use motivation =P

Luned
11-09-12, 10:38 AM
... Art trade? You want?!

Tinker Kid
11-09-12, 10:42 AM
Sure! Of what? And what're we talking here? Sketches or like, stuff that's hard work? =P

Drawing Luned would be fun.

Luned
11-09-12, 10:45 AM
We can do sketches, I'm not going to impose on you too much! I'd love something of Luned. Should I draw Raime, or someone else?

Tinker Kid
11-09-12, 11:30 AM
I will give you choices!

A) Miranda - Windborn Warrior Poet - A young, serious but fairly serene woman, at twelve she accidentally used magic to infuse herself with elemental air; she spent the next 6 years living as part of the wind, and then came back as part air-elemental. Her breath is bound to the air around her; she exists in constant flux, becoming more ethereal as she breathes out and more corporeal as she breathes in (plus or minus will in either case). Physically, she's a big, 5'9" with a physique somewhere between an amazon and a dancer. She's got broad shoulders and hips but a lot of grace as well. Lots and lots of windblown light brown hair, an oval face trending toward heart-shaped, with strong cheekbones, large brown eyes, and a broad nose.

B) Bathenka/Eiaieilyeiana - This character has waaaaaaay too much shit going on to ever ask for someone to draw him. But if you really WANT to, I'm not gonna say no =P
Bathenka is a rake and a rogue, the last scion of a decaying, broke, and bitter line of nobles stretching back to the equivalent of Julius Augustus. He commited a surprisingly selfless deed acting against a very powerful, corrupt Baron, and got literally torn to pieces and half-eaten by a monster hound for his trouble. Before he died, a paladin-esque spirit of life (Eiaieilyeiana) was so impressed that it fused with Bathenka, filling him with lifeforce (for a little while, at least). This didn't solve the 'half-eaten' problem, but in acting against the Baron he saved a very greatful alchemist/artificer who built him a new... half.

tl;dr This guy is a schizophrenic half-paladin half-rake part human part positive energy spirit part dungeonpunk cyborg. He has a crystal left eye that serves as Eiaieilyeiana's anchor point; his right arm, shoulder, leg, hip, and much of his torso is made of fancy alchemic wood/metal/handwaves, as is his left foot.

C) Raime would be totally cool. I'd be happy with that! =D

Luned
11-09-12, 12:06 PM
Oh man! I suppose we'll see what I'm in the mood for when I get around to it (hopefully this weekend).

If you'd like options, my list of alts with links to profiles is here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?21167-Alternate-Character-List&p=203349#post203349). Aside Luned, the options are an exorcist and a fairy princess.

Tinker Kid
11-09-12, 12:16 PM
Aha, but I'm desperately procrastinating something terrible, so I already started fiddling with Luned =P

Luned
11-09-12, 12:24 PM
ohhh man, so excited to see it! : ) : ) Thank you!

Tinker Kid
11-09-12, 08:37 PM
Kapow!

http://www.althanas.com/world/attachment.php?attachmentid=2832&d=1352514847

Super messy, but that's what I got! I started obsessing about the details of each line (like that front leg of the dress O_O), and decided it might be time to call it quits for now =P

Hey, how do I insert an image so it isn't a thumbnail? And is her hair dark enough?

Edit: Bahahahaha

Luned
11-09-12, 08:45 PM
OMGGGGG SO AWESOME

it is perfect. srsly. Thanks times a million, I'll work on yours tonight!

To insert an image big-wise I host it elsewhere (not sure how to make it work with attachments directly in the post) and use url-to-jpg-or-whatever-goes-here tags.

Tinker Kid
11-09-12, 09:21 PM
And while I'm at it, here's a random drawing I made from a gesture sketch I liked

http://www.althanas.com/world/attachment.php?attachmentid=2833&d=1352517657

Luned
11-09-12, 11:06 PM
My side of the deal is here! (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?24666-Art-amp-Sketches-amp-Such&p=203371#post203371)