PDA

View Full Version : Orc Hero

Tummo
12-16-12, 10:52 PM
Hi everybody,

I decided to join in order to brush up on my writing skills. I used to write a lot of short stories and such when I was younger, but I haven't written anything but essays for a few years so bear with me. I posted my character profile here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?25029-Tummo&p=203827#post203827). I like to write about orcs and goblins because I feel like they get a bad rep in fantasy books, and I tried to construct my character so that he could work as either a hero or a villain. Anyone interested in starting a battle or a thread?

Elthas_Belthasar
12-17-12, 09:44 AM
Hahahah! A devil's advocate, right on. I'd be game to fight you anytime though I think recruitment is best done in the recruit forum :D . Just so you know my character is actually the opposite of what you're trying to do with your Orcs. I am playing an Elf who pretty much became a villain :D . I can tell you more through Althanas IM's or whatever.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
12-17-12, 09:48 AM
Though if you want books that glorify the Orcs as heroes, I recommend Stan Nicholls' 'Orcs' series.

Tummo
12-17-12, 02:43 PM
That sounds like a good match-up, Elthas! I'll private message you; we should fight.

And I never read those, Aurelianus, but they look interesting. Now that it's break I'll have time to do more reading, although I kinda just wanted to catch up on my Pratchett...

Schematism
12-17-12, 08:38 PM
Hello fellow new person! Your profile is stinky-ly funny. Pratchett is awesome. Let's write. >:)

Jack Frost
12-18-12, 01:19 PM
I love your first solo...
Please teach me your ways....

Elthas_Belthasar
12-18-12, 04:29 PM
Hey bro I am working on the thread right now man :D .

Elthas_Belthasar
12-18-12, 05:13 PM
Oh snap! A double post.

Here is the thread bro: Men (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?25037-The-Nature-of-Men-%28Closed%29&p=203878#post203878)

Check it out and let me know what you think dude.

Mordelain
12-18-12, 06:42 PM
Hey there.

Welcome to Althanas!

I too hate stereotypes, and have a goblin character who is...different.

I always envision goblins, and similar tribal races as intellectual creatures driven to destruction by their kith and kin with the raging spirits of nature.

Starr Redmaw is his name, a goblin shaman who protects the forests of Scara Brae.

I'd love to write with you, given the chance :).

Tummo
12-19-12, 06:34 PM
Hullo! Thank you Schematism & Jack Frost.

I'll try to respond as soon as I can, Elthas. With Christmas and all I might be a bit slow posting, but at the same time it's not like there's work to do... :P Just depends on how much I can get away from my family.

And I'd like to write with you too, Mordelain. Maybe after my thread with Elthas is over? My conception of orcs and goblins seems pretty similar to yours, although I think I'm going more New Age mystic than nature-protector with Morfug. It's probably weird, I'm not sure how well it's going to work out. I'm trying to focus on my solo to figure out how to develop him.

Elthas_Belthasar
12-19-12, 09:18 PM
Bro-I understand man take your time.

I am always around anyway so if you wanna chat up with me, hit me up on AIM or Yahoo and we can plan things out. I am actually really looking forward to seeing what you are capable of doing.