PDA

View Full Version : Round 1 Results

Enigmatic Immortal
02-14-13, 02:44 PM
They are completed, however due to an internet failure they will not be posted until later this evening. If you have questions please feel free to PM me and I will answer them as swiftly as possible.

Administration of Features,
Paul

Enigmatic Immortal
02-15-13, 01:33 PM
Once again I apologize for the tardiness, and I plan on getting them all up tonight. Again, the Internet of one of the judges went out and wasn't repairable like we had hoped, so I will be given them tonight on a flash drive. If you have questions, please feel free to PM me.

Thank you for you patience,
Paul

Mordelain
02-15-13, 01:58 PM
How soon can we contest those results :P

Silence Sei
02-18-13, 07:24 AM
Results have been posted, and it has been passed down on me to reveal the matches for Round 2!

My little Homicidal Maniacs vs Misery business
Champions of Lornius vs Plane Curiosity
Lute & Hammer vs Leauge of Nightmares
Golden Dawn vs Rage

BYE ROUND : Chivalry & Savagery**

** While Chivilary and Savagery gets a break during round 2 technically, the winner of Misery Business Vs My Little Homicidal Maniacs will be fighting them in a 'Sudden Death Round'. What thgis means is that their thread will be judged first, and while the other judgements are finishing, the winner will be revealed and take on Chivalry and Savagery. The winner of that match advances to the semi-finals. This prevents a triple threat match, a bye into the finals, or prolonging the uneven teams by boosting up a losing team.

Alden
02-18-13, 01:54 PM
-There are NO disqualifications due to absence. If it is certain that a fellow team member will not return for a short time or falls during the battle, the other player can remain to battle. There are no EXP penalties for non-participation, however wildcard points will be deducted for non-approved extended absenses.

Just saying. >.>

Nwalmaer
02-18-13, 06:33 PM
I'm glad you brought that up, because I was about to...

Dissinger
02-19-13, 12:00 AM
Just saying. >.>

Even with that point made, the penalty for not posting would have lost your team the round anyways. As the point of the system is to be the average of the team, you not posting would make your team automatically lose. You posting once made it so you would be -14 points on a score that would have been halved. So while yes you are right, by technicality the judge was in the right as well to just declare a winner as that big a deficit could not have been overcome.

Letho
02-19-13, 04:50 AM
The rules do state that every thread going over 10 posts gets EXP. And to distribute EXP, you need the formula. And to complete a formula, technically you need a score, unless you want to eyeball the amount awarded. A team that lost has a score, a disqualified team does not.

I already addessed this point with Enigmatic Immortal. The judgments for those threads are forthcoming, they are just not a priority. And rightfully so, because as said, the result is already known. The only ones that are getting temporarily hurt are the victors of those threads that didn't get their EXP which might get them a level up. But given the fact that even the regular threads didn't all get EXP calculated yet and there was no time for a level up between rounds, it's not really a big issue.

Alden
02-19-13, 05:30 AM
The rules do state that every thread going over 10 posts gets EXP. And to distribute EXP, you need the formula. And to complete a formula, technically you need a score, unless you want to eyeball the amount awarded. A team that lost has a score, a disqualified team does not.

I already addessed this point with Enigmatic Immortal. The judgments for those threads are forthcoming, they are just not a priority. And rightfully so, because as said, the result is already known. The only ones that are getting temporarily hurt are the victors of those threads that didn't get their EXP which might get them a level up. But given the fact that even the regular threads didn't all get EXP calculated yet and there was no time for a level up between rounds, it's not really a big issue.

Although normally, Letho, yes you would be correct, in this case I disagree. It all comes back to the rule this site's staff made for the tournament. NO disqualification due to absence. And since absence isn't effectively defined, it stands to fall back on its open-ended definition. Win or lose, I don't care. I knew I was going to lose the moment Dirks and Sei decided to blatantly ignore me in their team's posts. All I want is the same treatment as every other participant. One thread, a member only posted three times. The thread was still judged.

Nowhere in the list of rules posted for this tournament does it have an exception rule or a by-law where in such and such case the judge reserves the right to decide to completely disqualify, therein thoroughly breaking one of your own rules.

My team did lose, although by a large deficit as Diss put it. As such, there should be a judgement. And since this is the "highly acclaimed" LCC, it takes priority.