PDA

View Full Version : New here! Hello

The Aeromancer
03-01-13, 05:59 PM
Hello,

I haven't done much play by post RPG's in my life, so I am not quite sure on how everything works, but I am confident that I will enjoy my time here!

Red Dawn
03-01-13, 06:03 PM
Welcome!

Why an animosity for chipmunks?

The Aeromancer
03-01-13, 06:06 PM
I dare not speak of it. At least not until approved for the creation of that character!

Luned
03-01-13, 06:06 PM
Welcome to the site! Just let us know if you have any questions or need help settling in. : )

The Aeromancer
03-01-13, 06:08 PM
Thank you! I will definitely keep that offer open.

Silence Sei
03-01-13, 07:26 PM
I like the character, especially considering that I really do have a real life issue with squirrels trying to kill me. Welcome.

Red Dawn
03-01-13, 08:17 PM
I've never seen a chipmunk, but I have had issues with squirrels in the past... I guess in that light I can appreciate the character more.

The Aeromancer
03-01-13, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I am glad some people can appreciate the devastation that certain creations can bring upon us.

The Aeromancer
03-01-13, 09:20 PM
I do have a quick question.
The Nexus.
What is it?
From my understanding, it is just basically a place to RP outside of Althanas without having the same restrictions?

Silence Sei
03-01-13, 09:22 PM
Pretty much exactly that.

The Aeromancer
03-01-13, 09:45 PM
How does one go about creating a subworld there? (Is there like a FAQ for that area? I might be blind if I missed it)
I was just curious cause as I said I don't have much PBP RPG experience, I have a decent amount of pen and paper RPGs under my belt, so I might consider doing some type of shindig over there with a fictional world that I created, once I get more comfortable with this whole online thing.

The Aeromancer
03-02-13, 12:28 AM
Also my character was approved (yay!), so now I am trying to figure out where I actually start.
The suggested forums were desolate.

Otto
03-02-13, 01:21 AM
Welcome to Althanas, Aeromancer :)

EDIT: wherever you like. Yosef is a traveler, so he should fit in anywhere. You can start a solo, PM someone specifically to see if they're interested in a quest/battle, or put it up in the recruiting forum (http://www.althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?170-The-Recruiting-Forum) for everyone to see (or just start one without bothering with any of that - just be sure to mark it as open, closed, solo, etc.).

The Aeromancer
03-02-13, 01:06 PM
Thank you Otto!
Okay, so I can do a solo one to basically introduce (more like finalize/conceptualize) my character?
I should probably plan something out haha.

Mordelain
03-02-13, 02:05 PM
You can approach this however you like, Aero - feel free to write a starting thread, or jump straight in at any point in your character's history.

Also, a delayed welcome - feel free, as has been said, to ask any more questions you need answered :rolleyes:.

The Aeromancer
03-02-13, 06:38 PM
Thank you!

Revenant
03-02-13, 09:55 PM
Welcome to the site. If you're looking to write in a personal world, the Nexus is the place to do it. Simply create a thread detailing your world and any major features, etc, and go to town.

The Aeromancer
03-02-13, 11:32 PM
Thank you! I will try to draft up something within the next week.