PDA

View Full Version : Please allow me to introduce myself...

Ellion
03-02-13, 07:42 PM
Hello folks, I'm new here. Was looking for a way to practice my writing, and I found that I really can't keep a blog, a journal, a writers notebook, or anything else really. I'm hoping this website will help provide me with incentive!

To tell you a little about myself: I'm a 22 (soon to be 23!) year old from Pennsylvania. I recently graduated with a BSE in English, and I'm currently looking for teaching jobs. In addition to allowing me an outlet for writing, I'm seeking a way to escape the crippling depression of job searching. In all seriousness, I've always had an interest in fantasy novels, games, and roleplay, and this really just seems like a great place for me to hang out. Despite having my degree in English, I don't consider myself to be a great writer by any means. I just want to keep improving, and I'm excited for you all to help me with that :)

I look forward to getting to know everyone and creating wonderful tales of swords and sorcery!

Silence Sei
03-02-13, 07:56 PM
Welcome! You have 24 hours until I invite you to join one of my two powergroups! : D

Luned
03-02-13, 07:57 PM
Welcome to the site, Ellion! Don't hesitate to drop a line if you have any questions or need help getting started. Althanas can be a bit daunting at times for new people, but we're all very friendly! How did you hear of us?

Otto
03-02-13, 08:06 PM
Hello, Ellion. Make yourself at home :)

BlackAndBlueEyes
03-02-13, 08:23 PM
Pay no mind to Sei's threats, Ellion. Know that The Bandit Brotherhood is the only power group worth joining!

And welcome to Althanas!

Silence Sei
03-02-13, 09:01 PM
Says the guy whose character is considering MizBiz : P

Zook Murnig
03-02-13, 09:23 PM
Jesus, guys. You act like yours are the only Power Groups around. If someone would go ahead and approve the re-registration of the Order of the Golden Dawn, he'd have a real option.

Silence Sei
03-02-13, 09:52 PM
......BaBE, can we proceed to laugh at Zook?

Hu
03-03-13, 01:20 AM
Hello Ellion.

Welcome to Althanas, and all the wonder and strangeness that entails!

Congratulations on graduating, it's nice to see more graduates here writing away in our twilight years, hehe.

Ellion
03-03-13, 06:54 AM
Appreciate all the warm welcomes folks! To answer an earlier question, I had a friend who used to frequent this site, but I'm not entirely sure what handle he used.

BlackAndBlueEyes
03-03-13, 07:14 AM
Hmm..

Yes, Sei, I think we shall.

*guffaw*

Silence Sei
03-03-13, 07:35 AM
What a joke! Much like the Golden Dawn!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Pepita
03-03-13, 03:50 PM
welcome aboard. : )

BlackAndBlueEyes
03-03-13, 07:15 PM
Sei, don't you mean the Golden Yawn?

AAHAHAHAHAROFLCOPTERLOLLERSKATES

Zook Murnig
03-03-13, 08:27 PM
Is this a welcome thread still? Because I'm not sure anymore.

As a fellow English major, welcome to Althanas, Ellion.