PDA

View Full Version : World Governments (disorganized as it may be)

Red Dawn
03-05-13, 12:21 PM
I am interested in making sure I have everything right when I'm looking at Althanas as a whole:

Corone

The Corone Empire has sway over the Northern portion of the continent, the Comb Mountains are technically a DMZ type area and the Concordia Forest is the border of their control. They use the Corone Armed Forced (CAF) as their military. There is only a few Viceroys remaining. The assault by the Ixian Knights did not destroy them outright. Government style is Despotism based on Viceroy's complete control?

The Corone Rangers are their own military as well as governing body. They hold sway in Concordia alone, their capitol being Underwood - which was razed during the war but has since been rebuilt. They lost Gisela during the war, but aren't destroyed yet. Government style is Stratocracy.

Ixian Knights control Gisela and their castle in the South, but otherwise the South portion of Corone is self governing and left alone?

Scara Brae

Absolute Monarchy with Queen Valeena at it's head. The Scara Scourge is more active and has a stronger base than ever before (Duffy, right?)

Salvar

With the king dead, and the church in shambles and almost a taboo to openly accept or believe in, the nation has been reduced to a feudal society. There are plenty of fiefdoms, run by self-appointed Dukes, Barons, Princes, and Kings (none of which had to prove their lineage due to their still present positions of power in their small regions).

Alerar

An industrial community based on the government style of Monarchy, with social representation in the form of a noble input akin to Aristocracy?

Raiaera

What cities remain are without a direct leader, same as the ones being rebuilt. As such, there is no direct government in control. Instead, the still living members of the Bladesingers and Bards form a Kritocracy in which they rule over disputes and issues based on their knowledge of elven lore, custom, and history.

Mordelain
03-05-13, 12:31 PM
The Scara Scourge is currently the most active 'criminal' element in Scara Brae - it has been reformed, with Arden Janelle as it's second command. It has destroyed the Thieves Guild (through amalgamation), and is making it's preparations to take on the Bandit Brotherhood to claim oligarchy over the Black Market.

Valeena's rule is as strong as ever, stronger still with Corone's position weakened.

Silence Sei
03-05-13, 02:13 PM
As far as Corone goes, the country is pretty much under Ixian Knights control at this point, save for Radasanth, controlled still by the 3 viceroys, and Akashima, which is forever neutural in the Coroe conflicts.

The Rangers mostly integrated into the Knights during the war, though.

Zook Murnig
03-05-13, 03:28 PM
I'm curious, Sei. When did this happen?

Silence Sei
03-05-13, 03:46 PM
Last PG war.

Zook Murnig
03-05-13, 03:54 PM
By "Radasanth" do you mean the city of Radasanth? Or do you mean Radasanthia, the city and the plains surrounding it all the way to the northern border of Concordia. The latter seems more likely, and more canonically interesting. For the Empire to exist as only the city of Radasanth, they would have to be getting significant support from the other governing bodies of Althanas, financially, militarily, diplomatically, and otherwise.

Red Dawn
03-05-13, 04:06 PM
Agreed. It's the area of Radasanthia as far as I was concerned. Seemed to be that it covered the Jagged mountains to the North and East, and cut off at the Comb mountains to the South. From the Comb in the West all the way to the Eastern shore, which is the mountains north of Akashima, is the area of influence for the Corone Empire.

Also:

"Now that Gisela is in the hand of the Ixian Knights, the Rangers have no more forward base to run out of. Their fate at the current moment is unknown to the forces of Corone, but it is far to much a dreaming thought to think they will remain silent for long."

That is what is mentioned regarding the Rangers in Corone after the war. It said nothing about the IK absorbing them. When did that happen?

Silence Sei
03-05-13, 04:07 PM
Just the city. Not the surrounding countryside.

And they don't need the support of other governing bodies, as the IK isn't going to let a city full of innocent people starve out/go bankrupt. Radasanth is still getting the supplies they need from the other cities, with whatever some of the other countries wish to aid in.

Red Dawn
03-05-13, 04:12 PM
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?22949-Toll-of-The-Corone-Civil-War

That's before the war. What happened to Jadet and Serenti. I get that Gisela fell to the IK, booting the Rangers. But there is no mention of Jadet and Serenti in the synopsis of the PG war. How do you control everything except the capitol city?

Zook Murnig
03-05-13, 04:13 PM
That doesn't make any sense, and beyond that isn't an interesting premise for the canon. Also, looking at the PG War results, it looks like the Ixian Knights are in a similar position to the Empire, only having a single city as claimed territory. Perhaps both sides have claims in the intervening "contested territory?" Because if the Empire has only the city of Radasanth, the IK has only Gisela, and the Rangers are gone, with no other major organizations in the area, who's in control of Radasanthia? Concordia? Jadet? The Comb and Jagged Mountains? Is it just completely lawless, with brigands roaming the countryside? Or are we assuming that people will be perfectly decent to one another without the law of the land being enforced, or indeed without any "law of the land?"

Hu
03-05-13, 04:17 PM
The Comb Mountains belong to the Ninja clans, and to the Spirit Warders of the Kazumi, and the Blood Shinobi of the Janelle families.

They're technically Akashiman.

Red Dawn
03-05-13, 04:22 PM
The Comb mountains aren't anywhere near Akashima. They're directly south of Radasanth between the Radasanthia Barony and the Concordia Forest. Maybe the Southeastern portion of the Jagged mountains is what you're thinking of?

Silence Sei
03-05-13, 04:22 PM
That doesn't make any sense, and beyond that isn't an interesting premise for the canon. Also, looking at the PG War results, it looks like the Ixian Knights are in a similar position to the Empire, only having a single city as claimed territory. Perhaps both sides have claims in the intervening "contested territory?" Because if the Empire has only the city of Radasanth, the IK has only Gisela, and the Rangers are gone, with no other major organizations in the area, who's in control of Radasanthia? Concordia? Jadet? The Comb and Jagged Mountains? Is it just completely lawless, with brigands roaming the countryside? Or are we assuming that people will be perfectly decent to one another without the law of the land being enforced, or indeed without any "law of the land?"

Hu handled the Jagged mountains question

The IK is based in Concordia itself, and therefore all territories within their forest are within its jurisdiction. Jadet was also claimed during Round 2 of the PG war, and Serenti in Round 1. The Rangers got absorbed at the end of the war.

Hu
03-05-13, 04:34 PM
Apologies, after double checking my geography, I mistook the two regions. The Jagged is what I was referring to, though, given we currently have three completely different maps for Corone, who knows?

Red Dawn
03-05-13, 04:52 PM
Serenti was mentioned twice before the third round: Once by a character talking about the tournament, once by a character talking about a place to bring supplies along with other cities in Corone

http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?24201-Clan-War-The-Ixian-Knights-vs-The-Phoenix-Ascendant

This thread says that there was a battle in the Gisela style, but nothing about it being in Gisela itself. Also it does not mention any specific cities in which the other fights took place.

http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?24444-Round-3-IK-vs-PA-1v1

The 3rd round of the PG War

In post 4 you have a line saying "Despite the best efforts of Phoenix Ascendant, the Ixian Knights had claimed Gisela, Serenti, and even Jadet."

And again in post 6 "“Ending me will no longer end the war for Corone’s independence. In the time you were unconscious, my Generals had taken Gisela, Serenti, and Jadet…” " | "“Funny you should mention them, the Corone Rangers,” Sei spoke, his face still holding the stupid sadistic grin of moments before. “Did you not find it odd we were able to claim their territories so quickly? Underwood I could understand, but places as heavily fortified as Gisela and Serenti, claimed within a week? It seems almost…impossible.” The last word was spoken with such sarcasm to it that Victor could not help but take the bait." | “The Rangers only feigned a fight against us, Victor,” Sei spoke, his grin widening to proportions the Mystic himself did not think possible, “They put up a small fight, but let us walk right in the front door and ‘liberate’ them. I had been in talks with them for weeks before I even declared war. They’ve never been against us. Are you seeing the picture now, ‘friend’?”

However, neither Serenti nor Jadet were fought over according to what was written in any thread to that point. Also, there is nothing in The End of War! thread that mentions either Jadet or Serenti.

Silence Sei
03-05-13, 05:00 PM
Then do with the country what you will. *shrug*

Rayse Valentino
03-05-13, 05:00 PM
A discussion was had about this here. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?22977-Corone-War-Q-amp-A/page3)

Sei couldn't prove his claims beyond a reason of 'I talked it over with EI in private'. As a member of the winning party who supposedly stopped IK's invasion of Corone, I don't accept Sei's interpretation that they won anyway. I'm sticking to what's actually said in this thread. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?24593-The-End-of-War)

In response to that discussion, Sei declared war on The Cult during a tournament, and I assume Corone will be in the spoils of victory should they win. I hope they continue to postpone it until after the tournament, otherwise it would be unfair for potential Cult participants who are currently in the rounds.

Red Dawn
03-05-13, 05:13 PM
From what I saw in the Corone War Q&A there was a private discussion about how the IK is in control, which reeks of admin influence and favoritism more than anything. Also, in a post by you right after that you say: "Considering the IK fused with the Rangers, who already were in control of everything in the south, and the IK had Concordia as a whole, all that's left is Radasanth and Jadet, which, once again, was Ranger controlled. "

According to this map: http://i.imgur.com/TIgeY.jpg

You said that all that's left is Radasanth and Jadet, but other than the End of War! thread which gave you Gisela I see nothing about Serenti or Jadet. In that map, Jadet and Serenti are actually Empire controlled, not Ranger controlled, and that was the most up to date map prior to the war. As for Concordia, I wasn't aware anyone could actually claim it, as it's a massive forest filled with mythical creatures that can't be tamed. I can see it as a base of operations for the Rangers (and other player controlled PG's) but other than controlling Underwood I don't understand how the IK claim all of it?

"Then do with the country as you will *shrug*" -- Sucks to have someone try and make sense of the site and you have no response huh? Honestly, I created this thread just to try and figure out what was what and how it happened. What you say you have and what is officially on the site, not AIM logs between admins, is completely different. Let's be fair and make things a level playing ground instead of just saying a PG who did not win and did not lose a war suddenly owns all but one city of an entire region.

Silence Sei
03-05-13, 05:20 PM
"Then do with the country as you will *shrug*" -- Sucks to have someone try and make sense of the site and you have no response huh? Honestly, I created this thread just to try and figure out what was what and how it happened. What you say you have and what is officially on the site, not AIM logs between admins, is completely different. Let's be fair and make things a level playing ground instead of just saying a PG who did not win and did not lose a war suddenly owns all but one city of an entire region.

Meh, not really. Just lost interest in arguing with you over trivial things. You fail to realize the beauty of our site is that you can play it however you'd like thanks to the beauty of liquid time and the fact that nothing your character does ever has to be canon. : D

You could be an anime swordsman fighting nazis who have taken over Corone and it'll still get a fair shot, because it doesn't -h
have- to be any one way or another.

Red Dawn
03-05-13, 05:28 PM
But you're discussing how your personal PG has control over an entire continent, which affects other people and canon itself. Let's be real, if you want to play however you want and do whatever you want - claim whatever you want - than you can write it out in a document on word and just use the names of Althanas in it. But if you are going to try and affect something on a grand scale, such as an entire region and the most productive one in regards to posts, than you should at least make sure that it's accurate and makes sense. We can all ignore the IK owning all of Corone, because it makes no sense, but when it comes down to what is going in site lore as canon we need to make sure it's all on par.

Also, as a PG who declares war on other PG's who might operate within Corone, how do you justify that you are in charge of everything when the canon doesn't reflect that? How does that affect the writing of other people in the country, and those that are in other PG's within Corone and their defense against the IK? If you are going to say you own everything, than you can muster the entire forces of the country to fight against other clans, but it's not going to make any canon sense and in turn it's going to be your word vs theirs about where those people came from, where you are going to fight, what you control and why, and everything related to writing on within the region. Can't see that as fair, especially since you basically sapped all the ability to write in Corone if you're not a friend or part of the IK; otherwise you're just writing in Radasanth and can't really write anywhere else without having to mention the IK as owning it without a logical reason behind it.

Enigmatic Immortal
03-05-13, 05:31 PM
Sei, no. The Ixians DO NOT control everything but neutral territory and just ONE CITY. That's asinine and you know it.

Zook you are more or less correct. The goverment controls Radansathia and the surrounding area up to the coast, but MOST of the forest region to the mountains is "contested territory " and no military presence has more control than the other.

Gisela is in IK hands firnly. Serentei and Jadel on paper are in IK control, but no real presense is able to fully hold them. (So bandits and dealers and what not)

But as I said. The terms are mostly to zooks idea.

Red Dawn
03-05-13, 05:33 PM
Thank you for clearing that up.

Silence Sei
03-05-13, 05:34 PM
Can't see that as fair, especially since you basically sapped all the ability to write in Corone if you're not a friend or part of the IK; otherwise you're just writing in Radasanth and can't really write anywhere else without having to mention the IK as owning it without a logical reason behind it.

Don't see what you're basing that off of; Judges aren't going to dock you for not mentioning the IK, but whatevs, like I said, I'm done arguing.

Ninja'd by EI. Thank you for clarifying.

Zook Murnig
03-05-13, 05:43 PM
It actually has been established in precedent that a judge can dock you in Setting if you blatantly ignore the current lore of a region without making some reference to use of liquid time to justify it. As well, it's established that a judge can give bonus points in Setting if you include, and even work with, current lore of a region within your story.

So, it does matter that you're writing an anime swordsman fighting Coronian nazis with machetes.

Silence Sei
03-05-13, 05:44 PM
Never mentioned machetes.

- 5 points for setting.

Zook Murnig
03-05-13, 05:48 PM
See? And I totally wouldn't get mad about that, cause I took some serious liberties with your premise, with no establishing reasons within the setting for why. I might get mad over the scale of the penalty, though...

SILENCE SEI IS A HARDASS ON SCORING, EVERYONE! :p

Silence Sei
03-05-13, 05:55 PM
Said no one ever.

Zook Murnig
03-05-13, 05:57 PM
To be fair, you aren't a judge anymore, so meh.

Ihime
03-06-13, 03:03 PM
I'm confused. If IK is in charge of bits of territory and has jurisdiction there, where are the published policies and laws of their rule? I mean, you're not allowed to claim territory without also claiming the administrative responsibilities as well. It wasn't an issue when NPCs controlled that area, since it wasn't as if they would object to someone making up stuff.

Red Dawn
03-06-13, 03:57 PM
I was going to start working on the wiki that we have, updating it and everything. I'll need to know that information as well; so I can add it into the wiki.

Silence Sei
03-06-13, 04:09 PM
Now that Inhime has sent me the exact questions, I will answer them for the Southern half of Corone here.

In general, fantasy law codes are based upon RL law codes, with modifications to account for other factors. What is the base criminal law code that your government uses as a reference?

Standard American Justice System

What deviations from that base criminal law code does your government have?

Drug use is probably a little more liberal, as is public intoxication. Also laws that require advancements in technology above the Althanas standard (tail lights, failing to signal, jaywalking) will also not be applicable.

What categories of people are recognized by the government? For example: citizens, freemen, helots, foreign nationals, refugees, etc. Everyone is a citizen once stepping foot into the Ixian controlled territory. There is no process, just arrive and you're a Corone citizen in our eyes. (This may not be the answer your looking for, and if it is not, I will refer to it if asked)

What difference in rights do each category of people have?

There is no difference in rights. Any Ixian general can be arrested just as easily as a drunken farmhand for any offense worthy of such punishment.

Is there a general curfew? Is there a curfew specific to some category of people?

Nope. No curfew at all.

Are there any people who are exceptions to the law in practice? That is, are there any privileged classes that the legal code treats differently?

No, the legal code is expected to treat everyone in the exact same manner. No exceptions.

What is the tax structure? Is it based on property? Income? Value added? Licenses? Esp., what is the tax on salvage as might be found by explorers or adventurers?

The tax is income based, roughly 15% of yearly income either in money or goods. There is no tax on salvage.

What permits are required to conduct business, and are they separated by area? What types of business permits are there? What are the procedures to obtaining them?

There are no permits; such things just obstruct people from doing business.

What is the currency of your government? Are other things legally accepted as tender? What is the currency backed with, if not fiat?

GP, same as every other country. Trading and bartering is also acceptable.

Does your government use instruments other than cash for finance? For example, does it sell bonds?

Getting quite detailed here, eh Wiz? I hadn't planned on going as in-depth as selling bonds, but if there's ademand for such things, then I suppose...

What nationalized industries and services does your government possess? How are they regulated?

Crops, leather, mostly clothing and food, with some steel and jewelry making. And I'm not sure I understand the second part of you're question. You're making this way harder than it needs to be : P

How is the judicial system organized? If it exists, is there an appeals procedure?

Most of the time, the judicial system is ran by one of the Ixian Generals who serves as the judge in any court matter, though there is a jury of peers to actually make a decision most of the times. Should the matter involve an Ixian general, or you wish to appeal to a higher judicial form, Sei Orlouge will hear all appealed cases.

How are government employees chosen? For example, if I needed a tax collector, where does he come from?

Most of the government positions are chosen from within the Ixian Knights, though each town/city has its own stay-in tax collector. However, ifyou seek a gvernment position, simply file an application at Ixian Castle and we'll take care of you.

How does your government handle dissenting opinions, especially published ones?

Freedom of speech policy, its their right to speak or even publish their dissenting opinions.

Does your government exercise control of the media? If so, how and to what degree?

We do not.

What type of economy does your government mandate? Is there price fixing and if so, what? Are there industry regulations against cartels and monopolies? Who enforces these?

The Ixian Knights enforce the monopolies, and wipe out any cartels that try to form with a swift hand. There is no price fixing.

Does your government listen to petitions and complaints by its people? How are these submitted?

Yes. Submit them by submitting the petition/complaint at Ixian Castle.

Where does the government money go? What social, economic, educational, military, and programs does the government fund?

It goes to schooling, military, health care, the economy, and the arts.

Is there a safety net provided for cases of famine or disaster?

Yes, The Ixian Knights have a money surplus in case there is a disaster.

How is the police force, if any, organized? Are there specialty units? If so, which?

Ther specialty units are those commanded directly by Ixian Generals (Taka's Mercenary company, for example) which act as a SWAT force type of deal. The normal police force consists of Ranger forces that live in the cities they patrol.

Hope I answered some, if not all, of your questions.

Ihime
03-06-13, 05:00 PM
IK has nationalized agriculture and textiles, as well as some metalwork and jewelry. ... IK runs communes?

Additionally, you don't have business licenses/permits, but also enforce monopolies and wipe out cartels. Enforcement may be difficult.

And IK has a full-fledged patents/copyrights office. This will become important in international trade relations.

These are the the main things that raised an eyebrow for me.

Silence Sei
03-06-13, 05:12 PM
The monopolies thing was a typo on my part, wherein I meant they do not enforce monopolies, meaning they are not allowed.

Most of the knights have been roleplaying an irrigation system within the castle for months, so if you wanna say that about agriculture and textiles, thats fine.

And Patents are exempt from that too, you meanie who likes to pick on people ;-;

Red Dawn
03-06-13, 05:44 PM
Sei:

Most of the time, the judicial system is ran by one of the Ixian Generals who serves as the judge in any court matter, though there is a jury of peers to actually make a decision most of the times. Should the matter involve an Ixian general, or you wish to appeal to a higher judicial form, Sei Orlouge will hear all appealed cases.

Do you have courthouses set up in Gisela and the Ixian Castle for the process of trial? Are there smaller courts around the area that you claim as yours (such as small towns in the surroundings) that can handle stuff in villages instead of having to travel to the main cities under IK control? Also, any specific generals that rule as judges in those courthouses of Gisela and the Ixian Castle?

Ihime:

And IK has a full-fledged patents/copyrights office. This will become important in international trade relations.

There isn’t an established “patent” or “copyright” law on Althanas as a whole. I know history has proven that some cultures have had them in the past, but without the ability to regulate those patents and offer the incentive of intellectual property to the owner (due to the nature of Althanas politics and regional disputes) it’s incredibly hard to do much with that. I guess, in the long run, if you create something that nobody else has and seek government protection against others claiming it as theirs, it’s a matter of paying a fee to the government in question to protect you from others lying. In that regard, if you don’t see it I doubt they’ll bother to watch out for it. Plenty of other things going on that need more attention than making sure someone who discovered a new way to make a water-clock or new design for a shield doesn’t have that idea replicated by other people.

Silence Sei
03-06-13, 06:09 PM
The Ixians have built a courthouse in every city in the southern part of Corone. and makeshift courthouses in the town halls of villages.

As far as Generals go, the Nine Generals of the Ixian Knights, or certain members of their family (Anita Orlouge, Andrew Octane, Adolph, Aislinn Orlouge to name some examples) are the judiciary system.

Isylle
03-06-13, 09:54 PM
Are the Nine Generals disposed towards looking more favorably among each other or each other's families, in judicial matters?

How are the appellate courts divided up? Or do all appeals always go straight to the top?

Silence Sei
03-06-13, 10:12 PM
No, they do not treat anyone with more favor than anyone else.

Yes, appeals go straight to Sei, Anita, or Andrew Octane, the 'supreme court' of any legal matters. Their say is final.

Isylle
03-06-13, 10:45 PM
That's quite an amazing amount of discipline that the Nine have. Possibly more so than any group in history, if they can maintain it in the long term.

What are the government's views on weapons ownership by civilians, or the organization of paramilitary groups, or self-organized militia, or any methods for the people to gather military power without the express involvement of the government?

How is military service determined? Who gets in? How long do they serve for?

If public works need to be done, who does it? Is there a corps of engineers, or are requests for bids sent out for private contractors to do it?

What sorts of import/export restrictions exist? Are there any protective tariffs (such as on the nationalized metalworks and jewelry, perhaps?)? Are there any embargoes? What are the dues payable at customs?

Does the government have any legal activity on social relations, such as marriages? For example, is there such a thing as a marriage license?

Is there a census? If so, how often and by whom?

What is the government policy on extradition, since any such person is automatically a full citizen?

Max Dirks
03-06-13, 11:10 PM
Courthouses in Althanas...

Are you being serious?

Red Dawn
03-06-13, 11:35 PM
Isylle, you're going way too indepth. We don't worry about every little tiny detail. Courthouses were brought up, so I figured I'd ask about where they were. How they work and who runs them, as well as each portion of the process, isn't exactly important details. If someone wants to write something that has that stuff in it, they can PM Sei and ask him. Otherwise, it's beyond what's necessary for the details in the wiki.

Zook Murnig
03-06-13, 11:37 PM
How does the government keep track of incomes over such a large population, especially given the lack of any bureaucracy regarding citizenship? Anyone who lived in the northern territories could simply cross into the empire come tax-time, and therefore no longer be citizens and not owe taxes. And anyone else could falsify their incomes, especially without work permits or business regulation.

Further, business permits exist for a purpose beyond simply restricting business. They exist for the protection of the populace, maintaining a level of quality in the products or services provided. Otherwise, what you end up with, especially in such an idealized government, is a lot of people getting bilked by con-artists, "miracle" cure elixirs, and other unscrupulous entrepreneurs.

Also, I rather enjoy the idea of Sei personally listening to every single case that doesn't get a favorable ruling.

How does the government maintain its legitimacy in the eyes of the people, especially with such intrusion into what was, prior to the war, an essentially laissez-faire governing policy in the countryside?

I'd also like to point out that the majority of the "standard" American justice system is a result of our particular social background, our brand of democracy (which is almost impossible to maintain in a medieval-tech setting), and our peculiar leadership over the years. As such, it is far from "standard."

America has only been so focused on the equality of every individual as a result of their oppression under colonial rule, and even then they had concepts of non-citizenry amongst the populace (slaves), and second-class citizens who did not have the vote (women). That only changed very recently, under huge amounts of societal pressure from interest groups, as well as growing technology making it possible to enforce such equalities. The majority of societies prior to the American Experiment had varying levels of citizenship and protection under the law, including aristocracy, military, clergy, wealthy merchants, normal citizens, resident non-citizens (we even still have those in modern America), citizens in poor standing, and indentured servants or slaves.

Silence Sei
03-06-13, 11:39 PM
I'm going to quote Dirks at this point, as I have done my fair share of explaining.

Who. Cares?

Isylle
03-07-13, 05:38 AM
We do!

Max Dirks
03-07-13, 12:04 PM
And it's good that you do, but here's the rub. Althanas was never designed to be as restrictive as say, Alleria (or whatever it's called now). Even with my push for greater continuity over the last two years, I never meant for a timeline to replace liquid time. If you're interested in the Ixian storyline and want to play what's considered "current" RP, then get with Sei and plan your RP accordingly. Also look for "canon quests" or "feature quests" that pop up from time to time, as those are automatically added to the timeline when completed. Otherwise, use the concept of liquid time to play Serenti, Gisela, Concordia, or Radasanth however you want (FYI Zook it's Radasanth, not Radasanthia anymore).

Finally, Red Dawn, do not update official canon into the Wiki. That responsibility is reserved to moderators. If you would like to add your own character's canon into the wiki on your own page (or create a new player canon wiki page), be my guest.

Letho
03-07-13, 01:37 PM
One shouldn't have to "get with Sei and plan RP accordingly" if one wants to write in the canon setting, though I use the word "canon" loosely. The information of the current state of regions should be clearly displayed on the forums because the regions shouldn't be a personal playground. Instead, what we have is fishing for information that either exists in someone's head or is conjured on the spot when asked. What the Ixian Knights (or any other group or canon-influencing people) did or did not do should be posted somewhere with links to the threads where such continent-influencing events occurred if they are to be considered canon. Granted, there is such a thing as too much depth, but as of this moment there is no official information in the Wiki or in the Corone subforum. And while there might be some info elsewhere, it's certainly not easily accessible, especially for the newer people who don't know what occurred in the past.

Max Dirks
03-07-13, 05:32 PM
One shouldn't have to "get with Sei and plan RP accordingly" if one wants to write in the canon setting, though I use the word "canon" loosely. The information of the current state of regions should be clearly displayed on the forums because the regions shouldn't be a personal playground. Instead, what we have is fishing for information that either exists in someone's head or is conjured on the spot when asked. What the Ixian Knights (or any other group or canon-influencing people) did or did not do should be posted somewhere with links to the threads where such continent-influencing events occurred if they are to be considered canon. Granted, there is such a thing as too much depth, but as of this moment there is no official information in the Wiki or in the Corone subforum. And while there might be some info elsewhere, it's certainly not easily accessible, especially for the newer people who don't know what occurred in the past. One should have to get with Sei and plan RP accordingly, as he is the story administrator for the site. Prior to the reorganization, if you wanted to RP something that impacted "canon" you would have to speak with the region writer. Since we recently got rid of region writers and don't currently have any "canon masters" the appropriate person to contact would be the story administrator. Whether Sei chooses to add the Ixian Knights to "canon" is his own choice. Need I remind you that all previous Corone writers have had their characters and their friends permanently added to "canon," including the infamous Letho Ravenheart. Thus, I consider the inclusion of the Ixian Knights in Corone's history a non issue.

I will admit that canon needs to be updated to include such things and fortunately I believe FAQ, Wiki and "canon" updates are on the way.

Letho
03-07-13, 05:44 PM
The issue I was trying to address are not stories that impact canon, but rather stories that want to use canon information that is not easily accessible. That was technically what this thread was initially all about: a request for information on the current state of the regions. The only bit of recent information I was able to find is the post Paul made after the PA/IK war (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?24593-The-End-of-War!), and it's anything but easy to find unless you know where to look. But I guess with the updates coming that will be rectified.