PDA

View Full Version : Yet another introduction…

Lycoris
04-03-13, 07:53 AM
Hello everyone! I am new her (obviously) and this is my first attempt at forum RPG. I hope I manager. Since I live in Norway English is not my native language but I read a lot in it (we have just a population of about five millions so not very many books gets translated) so I hope I at least manager to write readable. I t got a whole lot of ideas I like to get down at least. I love fantasy; my favorite books are the Codex Alera series and everything Discword. Anyone who is not familiar with those I really recommend you tries them out. They are great and I think anyone who like fantasy will enjoy them.
Well now before I get even more of track I will just say that I look forward to write stories her and hope it is going to be as fun as I think it will be and that I get to maybe know some of you out there better.
That was all.
See you around!

Otto
04-03-13, 09:34 AM
Did you say... Discworld? :D

I think you'll fit in just fine here, Lyrcoris. I'll also have to check out Codex Alera, since you are clearly a person of refined taste. Welcome to Althanas!

Zook Murnig
04-03-13, 10:34 AM
I haven't read Codex Alera, but Jim Butcher's other series, The Dresden Files, is a favorite of mine. Welcome!

Lycoris
04-03-13, 11:08 AM
Thank you both for the greetings!
Yes I have read The Dresden Files, it is really good (I personally think it is beginning to drag out somewhat, Codex Alera has fewer books so that’s why I prefer it. Both are great however (:).
Nice to know people here has good taste in literature!
Has anyone read Skullduggery Pleasant?

Slayer of the Rot
04-03-13, 11:29 AM
Welcome to the board. You shouldn't worry too much about english not being your native language, even us natives have a hell of a time with it.

Lycoris
04-03-13, 11:41 AM
Welcome to the board. You shouldn't worry too much about english not being your native language, even us natives have a hell of a time with it.

That’s good to know, thanks!
:D

Letho
04-03-13, 11:46 AM
Welcome. English is not my native language either, but if you hang around here for a while chances are enough of it will stick on you to make you half-decent at it.

Mordelain
04-03-13, 01:17 PM
Hi Lycoris.

Welcome to Althanas!

If you've any questions, don't be afraid to ask anyone, really.

And Discworld fans are especially encouraged here :)

Lycoris
04-03-13, 01:26 PM
So many friendly people her!
Thank you all, I am sure I will bother you all a lot with questions in the future so don’t be afraid!
:)

BlackAndBlueEyes
04-03-13, 01:48 PM
Welcome to Althanas, Lycoris!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. We're all a really helpful and friendly bunch!

Luned
04-04-13, 01:02 AM
Welcome to Althanas! : ) You're welcome to post your own recruitment thread if you have ideas or are looking for people to write with, as well.

Red Dawn
04-04-13, 07:37 AM
Welcome to the party! Good to have new faces on the site and I look forward to seeing your writing develop as you go. Don't get discouraged with the language differences, the staff here is plenty helpful in assisting all aspects of your writing.