PDA

View Full Version : Rebirthing

black shadow
04-08-13, 10:04 AM
This thread is a continuation of the story "Exile" (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?24625-Exile-(Open-to-two)&highlight=exile)

Black Shadow clenched his arm in pain. The cut he had earned from the Bandit just minutes earlier felt like a thousand needles going through his shoulder. His crimson blood now stained his metallic suit. If his ability to talk was not lost in his escape attempt from his father, surrely he would have been gasping in pain the entire ride. Black Shadow rose his head, letting the cool brease flow across his face. He took a deep breath in through his nose, trying to calm himself down. He could smell the sweet smell of the blossoms, combining with the smell of sap from the trees. He closed his eyes, taking in the beauty of it all. He suddenly felt relaxed. The bright red trees of the fall showing thathe would need to get a home... and soon. Black Shadow had taken the reins of their stolen horse, it's coat as white as snow, and a mane as black as coal, about half way through the ride. Him and Ashla continued their 4 hour ride to Hanquilden, a town know for their medical advancements.

As they rode on, Black Shadow could see Hanquilden in the distance. The walls were made of the finest stones, and the war machines stood tall, ready to fight at a moments notice. Black Shadow slowed these horse down to a trot as the city gates opened, letting them through. The building were beautifully built, not a flaw on hem in his eyes. The rooftops were a bright red, and the decorations covering the porches cause them to be a beautiful sight. As Black Shadow serve yes his new surroundings, he saw two elves walking towards them. Both the elves were cast in fine steel, weilding steel tipped spears. One of the elves began to speak in elvish toung, in which Back Shadow knew none of. He mootioned his hands in sign language saying "I'm terribly sorry, but I don't speak elvish. If you can understand this than I could write, but if you do then please speak in the trade speech." He looked and waited for the guards reply.

Ashla
04-08-13, 05:47 PM
Ashla's leg still hurt, but she still loved the wind's soothing blow, it blew her hair out of her face and cooled her down. With how long her hair was, she was surprised that she didn't have her hair blow into Black Shadow's face the first half of the journey, or catch any branches in it on the second half (they switched places half-way through the journey). The nature around Ashla was beautiful on this ride, she couldn't help but take in the smell of the sweet flowers and trees sap. Ashla knew that a lot of people took the freshness and wonder of nature for granted, from what Ashla knew though, you had to be careful around this paradisaical landscape and take care of it to keep it alive.

At last, throughout this peaceful journey they got to their destination, a well known place of medics, the town called Hanquilden. From the buildings to the guards, this place was spectacular; Ashla gasped at it- then gasped again to the remaining pain in her leg. They saw two guards come up to them and ask something in Elvish. Even though Ashla was half-elf, she didn't understand Elvish one bit (her mother was the elf, and she died in child birth.) Ashla watched Black Shadow do some of his hand motions to the guards... they couldn't understand what they meant. Ashla rolled her eyes, neither did she.

Ashla tried to speak trade speech, "Hello, we are travelling here for medical assistance. Can you understand me?"

They stared at her, once again, not knowing their own trade speech.

Ashla sighed, Only one option left... she spoke the one other language she knew Akdeneth, saying the same sentence in it. Once again, they just looked at her. Ashla growled and turned back to Black Shadow, "Any other ideas?"

black shadow
04-14-13, 09:44 PM
Oh joy. Black Shadow thought to himself as he listened to Ashla ask for medical assistance. if the only know their language, then how are we to gain medical assistance? he thought for a minute. I'm going to look like such an idiot he thought as he began moving hos arms as if playing a friendly game of charades.

Black shadow quickly motioned his hands towards Ashla and himself. The guards appeared to understand. He then pointed to their wounds and acted like he was in great pain. (In which he's actually was) the guards then said a few words in their elvish tongue. They motioned the two to follow as they began to walk towards a large white building with a red "H" like letter on the side. The guards left as Black Shadow and Ashla entered the building. The smell of sanitizer filled the air. eeck! I've always hated this smell! he thought to himself as he walked over the front desk. The furniture I the waiting room was coated in fine leather, and the books set out For the patients to view was filled with calligraphy. One book caught black shadows eye, and before he reached the desk, he picked it up and began to read.

The cover read "ტოპ 100 საუკეთესო სურდა" giving Black Shadow the thought that this book would perform a countdown of some sort. He turned the page and realized what this book was... It contained the most wanted men on Althanas. He continued to turn page after page looking at the pictures of the men who have been entered. His look of amusement at the sight of the men being wanted and having to hide suddenly turned to horror as he turned to see the 76th most wanted man on Althanas. There, He saw a picture of himself, completely unmasked. He quickly closed the book and looked to see if anyone was watching him. When he felt he was safe, he slipped the book into his quiver and continued to the front desk, Where Ashla was vigorously trying to communicate with the elves. As far as Black Shadow could tell, she was failing.

BlackGhostofSeaside
04-20-13, 06:49 AM
Julius was looking at the book shelf for a book of at least some entertainment. He just got out of this place from when he has badly scrapped his wrist while crossing a river west of this town. He had been infected so he had to stay here for what had been a long two months! Two months! Took me long enough to recover! Why didn't Julius like it in here? Well, for one thing, all the medication and his wound hurt like heck! The other thing was... Alone in a quiet, peaceful room with no forms of mental occupation at all, he was often left in his thoughts; and he hated his thoughts. He hated them because he could think so many terrible, selfish, blissful thoughts, and he could share with himself the worse memories in the world. He hated his past, present, and most likely his future too. Julius Tabor was his own worst enemy, he hated, but at the same time deeply cared for himself. He wanted to live, but he wanted to die. He wanted to hope, but he was afraid that if he looked there would be none. He was afraid of himself. Even now, his mind swirled with the things that haunted them the most, he tried to shake himself out of it and paced faster to the waiting room. Right before he stalked out of the building though, he noticed a book shelf full of books placed neatly inside. He smiled and decided to take a look.

It was then that a dark, hooded figure passed by him to look as well. Holy cow... Julius's eyes widened at this mysterious man; he wore all black to where you could not even view his face! He wore a quiver on his back and avoided eye contact with anyone. Julius narrowed his eyes... something wasn't right about him. The man picked out a book and started to read it, after flipping through the pages and pausing to look at a few, he slipped the book into his quiver and started to walk towards- Julius's heart missed a beat.

There she was. The most dazzling gem, the most sweet of roses, the most white of snow, the most light of the sun, the most swift of the wind, the most dark of the night, the most fierce of the midnight predators in nature. It was her; it was the same girl he had come to know. It was her; the same person he knew to fear. It was her, the very person who he had let down the most into shadow. It was her; ... she was alive and well.

It was Ashla.

Julius watched in concern as she briefly talked to the dark man and turned to look around the room. Julius blushed, afraid she might notice him, and turned to face the book shelf again. It wasn't like Julius didn't like Ashla... He was just too ashamed to see her again; after deceiving and back stabbing her, he learned how much of a terrible person he was... and he swore he would never try to hurt her again- even if it meant never talking to her again. He quickly grabbed a book and opened it- it was an Elvish book on how to speak trade speech! He then felt somebody tap his shoulder.

Ashla
04-20-13, 10:23 AM
Ashla was trying so hard to get these elves to understand her! Well, she was failing miserably and felt like a disgrace to half-elves... She sighed and motioned her hands to her wounds and then took out her credits, trying her best to make a question mark with her other hand. The elves just stared, confused. Ashla threw her head back, extremely annoyed, and screamed. She didn't know what to do, maybe take Elvish lessons sometime? She wished she could talk to someone who knew elvish and trade speech. That gave her an idea, as Black Shadow approached her she whispered in his ear, "Hey, I'm going to try to find someone who can translate for us. Keep them occupied." and she left to search for another human who may have been around.

She briefly looked around, there wasn't much of anyone else in the room. Two other elves chatting in the corner, and somebody else who was facing the book shelf where Black Shadow had just been. Ashla could just tell this young man was a human, so she walked up to him and tapped his shoulder, "Excuse me, but- but- do you know elvish?"

BlackGhostofSeaside
04-26-13, 06:12 PM
Julius recognized that voice. He shivered, It can't be! But Ashla had just prodded his shoulder and asked for help. Julius chocked up, How can I ever help you when all I do is hurt you? He attempted to scruff his voice up a little, hiding his identity and avoiding any chance of reveling who he was to her. Once again, he didn't want to face up to her after everything. "I-I... I cannot help you. Even is I did know Elvish, I couldn't know."

The voice behind him sounded surprised and somewhat confused, "W-Well okay..."

Her voice pulled a string of Julius's- maybe a heart string, maybe a soul string- it moved had him like something so powerful it could make you cry. Her voice was music to his ears. Is she an angel? Is her strength and beauty so powerful it could move you to tears and even make you die at first glance? as he looked down at the book he had one idea. "Actually!" he called, "I-I have this book you could use." And he twisted his arm around to give her the book- he forgot that this was his bad arm though and instantly he felt pain. Now, he'd have to admit it as much as anyone could tell: he was a bit of a baby. He instantly dropped the book, grabbing his arm, and fell to his knees, "Gah!"

He felt Ashla take his shoulders, "Oh my gosh, are you okay?"

Julius shook his head, his blackish-brown hair flopping around, "Y-Yeah, I'm fine! I just-" he nervously laughed as he searched for the book, he found it and then looked up, pushing his hair out of his face. He realized he had made a mistake- Ashla had seen who he was...

"You!!" the next thing Julius knew was pain. He flew backwards and slammed into the book shelf, books fell all over on top of him; his arm felt most painful in this. He reached up and rubbed where Ashla had hit him, his cheek, and looked at her, "Hey..." Yeah, she can kill you alright... But she seems more of a demon than an angel now. Just look at that face! She's scary...

black shadow
04-27-13, 03:28 PM
Black Shadow looked back at the nurse. What to do, what to do... He thought to himself. He looked at her for a moment, trying to think of what he could do to make her understand him. I guess charades will have to work. it did with the guards. He pointed at himself and the to Ashla, who at the moment was asking a man if he could help. He then grabbed his arm and acted like he was in pain. As he did this he heard a crash come from the direction of Ashla. Black Shadow sup around as he heard Ashla yell out "You!!" He then saw the man Ashla had been talking to, lying on the floor, covered in a pile of books. Black Shadow began running towards Ashla, quickly pulling his bow out, and readying an arrow. Ash he approached the two, he pulled back on his bow string, just as the man had said "Hey..." Black Shadow soon found himself with the arrow tip placed lightly on the man's chest, just below his heart. I should just shoot him now, take his life and be done with him. Ashla seems like she would surely be fine with it. He thought to himself. But if I do, then I'll go to prison, and maybe even worse... my father would find me... I'd pay the ultimate price. No... I can't risk that. He then replaced his arrow into his sheath, and let Ashla take the lead. I'll ask what her problem with him is later. If she doesn't answer that now.

Ashla
04-28-13, 12:34 PM
Ashla watched Black Shadow as he pulled the arrow and pointed it at this man. This man, who -who- fed her to the wild bears called criminals! She seemed to mean nothing to this arrogant idiot who lie before her, rubbing his cheek which Ashla had been happy to smack. But when Black Shadow aimed his weapon, something welled up inside her... was it pity? Ashla shook her head, she didn't care about him, not anymore... She didn't know Black Shadow very much, but something told her he would shoot.

Something screamed into her head, Don't let him do it!

Why?? Ashla asked, Didn't he leave me to cry to death?

The next thing that went into Ashla's head took her back, But if you left him to be killed wouldn't you be as bad as him?

Ashla's eyes shot wide in shock, "Never!" She shrieked, falling back. She looked to Black Shadow to realize he had put his arrow away. She tipped her head to the side in confusion, Why didn't he shoot? Ashla then realized with a jolt that he had let her take the lead against Jul- this man. Ashla sighed deeply, "We won't kill him. I dare not take life unless I have too." she shot a glance at Black Shadow, "I once knew him" - she shrugged her head towards Julius, "But now I call him my enemy. But we don't need him dead; and who am I to say he deserves to die." She sighed again, this was an extremely hard choice, but this probably was the only way to get the elves to understand them.

The room around her, the two elves staring in terror at the two humans attacking another, the man at the desk crying out in fear of what was going on, even Black Shadow, her own self - all felt faint and far away. She only saw the face of a traitor, and the small knife she pulled out and held in her hands. She felt like her legs were going to collapse and she understood how pale she had become, she didn't care though, Julius was here! He was back to torture her some more! Ashla knew she had to show courage in the face of whom appeared as her enemy and briefly closed her eyes, pulling herself together. Ashla walked up to Julius, her whole body was shaking within the temptation to draw her sword and end him; but her reasonable sense told her it would be erroneous of her. She forced herself to stop trembling and knelt down to him, "That book," she pointed to the book he had tried to hand to her earlier, "That books translates trade speech and elvish, doesn't it?" she had spat to him in her anger, but her eyes were forced to calmness, "You will let these elves know we need medical care and be our translator while we're here." She tightened the grip on her small knife out and put it to his neck, once again, straining herself not to shove it into him, "You got it?"

BlackGhostofSeaside
06-02-13, 02:17 PM
Julies looked at Ashla, shocked, as she pulled out a knife and put it to his throat. As she threatened him with death unless he help her and whoever that cloaked creep was, he golfed down every word, he would do anything for her, even though she didn't realize it.

If only I could tell you, he thought, If only you knew... He nodded slowly to Ashla's words, trying to act scared instead of in awe of her. "As you wish." He stated.

She growled at him, he simply got up- minding her knife. Picking up the book he looked across the rock and wood room to the desk manager. He sighed and walked across the room, the red carpet on the floor suddenly looked like blood to Julies- was this a sign that something bad was to happen from all this? Julius shook his head sharply, No! He was simply put off by suddenly meeting the love of hi- Ashla - again... He walked up to the dark, wood desk and spoke, reading out of the book frantically, "Hello, these two people need medical attention and fast. How much will it cost to handle their wounds?"

black shadow
06-04-13, 06:26 PM
Black Shadow watched as the man stood from his current knelt position, and walked over to the desk. Ashla knows him from somewhere... I intend to find out where. I'm just glad that he will translate for us though. Black Shadow thought to himself. He walked behind the man, readying an arrow in case he tries anything to harm him or Ashla. The man spoke again as he reached the front desk. He spoke in a language very similar to that of the lady behind the desk. He spoke in a calmer voice than he had before, and seemed to have pulled himself together. Something didn't seem right about this man, but Black Shadow was not one to get into anothers buisness. The woman spoke back to him slowly, making sure he could understand her. What is he saying? I need to know! He thought to himself. The man began to answer her back....

Ashla
06-04-13, 08:05 PM
Ashla listened to the elvish conversation between the woman behind the wood desk and Julius. He soon turned to face her, "She says that treatment will cost about twenty coins."

"Twenty?? Ashla asked in disbelief, "But our wounds are minor!"

Julius smirked, something that surprised Ashla; her instinct was to put her dagger up to his chest; not enough to hurt him, put still giving him some comfortableness, "Don't give me that look!"

He scoffed, dropping his smile, "Well, just be thankful it's not anything more than fifty."

Ashla was fuming at his stubbornness, Well, he hasn't changed at all... She took her dagger off his chest and lifted it higher to where if she plunged it forth it would go through his neck, "You're paying."

He just stared at her for a moment before reaching down to his belt and pulling a bag of coins out from a patch, "Fine with me." And he dug out twenty coins and handed them to the she-elf, speaking in elvish, "Here, I'm paying for their expenses." She took the coins without saying another word and pointed to a wood door to the side of the room, close to the corner.

black shadow
06-04-13, 09:04 PM
she really doesn't like this guy. He must've done something to her in the past. Black Dhadow thought to himself. He looked to where the woman had pointed and noticed a dark oak door, a not in the center, and a shiny steel knob. He slowly took the lead, walking towards the door. As he reached it and turned the knob he looked back to Ashla and noticed her with the dagger still in hand. yea, she hates him. he turned the knob and opened the door, motioning Ashla to come with him. When he turned his head back towards the new hallway, he was about nocked back by the sudden smells that overtook his nose. The smells if disenfectents along with illnesses form each room they passed, became intensly strong. The voices of injured elves filled the hallway as they screamed in pain. The carpet floors of the previous room had become a white marble flooring, stained with blood in various places. As Black Shadow took his breaths he could almost taste the diseases that had made its way into the hospital. The air was also cooler in this area of the hospital. Black Shadow continued to walk along the hallway, now bein led by a nurse who actually understood the trade speech. now if only she knew sign language. Black Shadow thought to himself as he followed her.

"So your wounds are minor, no major gashes?" Ahe asked with a soft sweet voice. Black Shadow nodded his head as he followed her into a room. "The doctor will be in Shortly."

Black Shadow studied the room carefully. Two window on the one side of the room, a oak table in which he was not sitting on, a few pieces of surgical equipment, and a magnifying glass. well, lets get this over with. he thought as the doctor entered.

Ashla
06-06-13, 07:32 PM
(OOC: All three of us have given each other permission to control each other)

Ashla sat down on the one of two beds and checked her wound again. After only a moment the doctor walked in. He was an elvish man with long, black, hair. He was rather obtuse for an elf and wore a white, regular doctor's outfit that had splotches of dried blood here and there. It grossed Ashla out, What kind of hospital is this? she asked herself. The doctor spoke, his voice was surprisingly light, "Hello there, I am doctor Tuck."

"You speak Trade Speech?" Ashla asked in surprise.

"Yes," The doctor replied, "I've been taught how to so I can easily commune with human patients."

"Wow..." Ashla naturally looked at Julius; she surely didn't need him anymore... Did she?

The doctor walked towards her and examined her leg. Ashla winced as he did things like move her leg and asking if it hurt. In the end, he agreed that the injury was minor and gave her treatment for it before turning to Black Shadow, "Now, shall we take a look at you, sir?" he walked up to him and spoke to Black Shadow, "Could you role up your sleeve, please?"

black shadow
06-06-13, 08:08 PM
Black Shadow suddenly became concerned. roll up my sleeves? No one had seen my skin since I ran... I've never taken this thing off... He thought to himself. He hesatated before giving in.He can't heal me unless I do what he says... He slowly pulled off his black leather gloves and began rolling up his sleeves. His skin was pail from the lack of sun, and his muscles were easy to make out. The doctor began to examine his wound. Black Shadow clenched his fist in pain as the doctor moved his arm and prodded it in a few places. If he was able to, he would have answered with more than his head shakes. Yes, it hurts, it's a cut in my arm, why wouldn't it!? The doctor spoke after his examination. "Your wound is much more serious than that of your friend's here. I'm afraid we will have to perform surgery to fix it." Surgery? It's that bad? Oh no... he looked at Ashla and motioned her to come towards him. As she approached he looked for something to write on. He looked at the doctor and noticed his notepad, ink, and quill. He reached his arm out towards them. "You can't talk can you? Here take them." The doctor said as he handed Black Shadow the writing items. He turned back to Ashla and began to write.

Listen, I'd rather not have this surgery done, but I need my arm, so I'll go through with it. But you must make me one promise. You will be in that room the entire time and make sure they don't remove my mask. If they do I fear what might happen. You will do that for me won't you?

He ripped the page out and handed it to Ashla.

Ashla
06-06-13, 08:29 PM
Ashla took the note, wondering why Black Shadow was so nervous. She read it and slowly nodded. She wondered why he didn't want his mask taken off, but she would follow his orders. Meanwhile, she would still need Julius... She turned to him and said rather harshly, "Hey, I need you to do me a favor."

He nodded to her, still silent. Ashla walked towards him and said, "I need you to hold these." She took her long-sword and long-knife off her belt and handed them to him, "I'm staying in her during his operation, and from where I came from, weapons weren't allowed in the operating room.

Julius nodded, "Indeed," it was as if he knew exactly what she was talking about. He took them then looked at her dagger which was strapped to her leg. "What about that?" he pointed to it.

Ashla looked down at it blankly for a moment, I can't be completely unarmed though, what if he refuses not to take the mask off to a point of... She bent down and placed both her hands on the leg belt; with one hand she unstrapped the belt, with the other she silently took her dagger out. She carefully guided both hands down, covering the blade with her belt. She slipped the dagger into her right boot and quickly got up with the empty belt in her hands. Sh handed it to Julius and winked, "Here then."

He seemed to understand, he took the belt and placed it behind his back, "Of course." He nodded and stepped out of the room, "I'm in the nearest waiting room if you need me." And he slipped out.

Ashla wiggled her right foot to make sure the knife wasn't where it could cut her. She had put it in a good place. She closed her eyes, remembering the spot, then turned back to the doctor and Black Shadow. "My companion has required that I stay for this operation." She told him, briefly flashing her eyes to Black Shadow, "Am I allowed to do this?"

black shadow
06-06-13, 09:29 PM
"Of coarse you may, it is very common for this to happen." The doctor replied to Ashla. He turned back to black shadow and began to speak. "Now the surgery shouldn't take long but it will require you to be asleep. We cannot risk further onjury to yourself due to pain reactions." The doctor continued, "we will place you on the gasses. Shortly after you are asleep we will cut open your arm a bitter in order to remove any unwanted scraps that might've made their way in on your ride here. Afterward we will reposition the muscle that appears to have been dislodged from it original position, and cover that up with your skin. Now once you come through it'll take about 6 months to heal. Any questions before we get started?" Black Shadow shook his head. "I'll be right back." The doctor said as he walked out of the room. Black Shadow looked out the window, watching birds fly by and squirts try to open acorns.

A few minutes pass by before the doctor returns with 3 other elves, all
Speaking in the elvish tounge of this city. "Now, shall we begin?" The head doctor asked as Black Shadow shook his head yes. "Now then, lay down and take deep breaths." The doctor said, placing the gas tank tube over black Shadows mouth. 17 seconds go by before Black Shadow's vision becomes black. The surgery is about to begin.

Ashla
06-11-13, 11:47 AM
Ashla watched as Black Shadow fell asleep due to the gasses. Sleep... She suddenly realized how tired she was- having not slept any sense she first asked the bounty hunters for food and they took her prisoner for not giving them money; leading to these chains of events! Ashla sighed and leaned back against the wall. She couldn't see what was going on so far due to how the three elves practically blocked her friend from view; so she decided to take a closer look. Ashla pushed herself off the wall and walked close behind the doctors. What Ashla saw made her writhe in disgust; whatever they were doing, she only noticed one thing... The blood. Ew!! She had to look away for a moment. Ashla was very uncomfortable around blood; it wasn't like it made her feel frightened of blood or anything, but she was still giddy around it. She took a deep breath and looked back. She watched silently, making sure nobody would remove his mask.

She wondered why he wouldn't want his mask removed. Yes, he was being chased by his father for ransom; but whatever he did, was it that bad that he felt scared of showing his face? Fearful of his father; the ransom... his own shame? Ashla pondered why while watching the elves do their work. The operation took another two hours of nothing but the doctors yapping to each other and Ashla trying not to doze off after leaning against the wall again before trouble finally came.

The doctors finally closed the operation by sowing his arm together again (Which made Ashla want to puke). The third doctor looked up at his mask. "Hang on a second," he started, "Why shouldn't we take a look at his face."

"Why?" The second doctor asked, confused.

"Just to check to see if his eyes and mouth aren't infected with everything- hey, while we're here..."

Ashla pushed herself up and spoke, "I'm sure his face is fine."

The man turned to her, he was blond haired with brown eyes, "You're no doctor. Now let me do my business!" he snapped, adding on slyly, "Little girl..." He turned to walk over to Black Shadow's head. Ashla reacted immediately by jumping down to the floor and sliding under the doctor, she grabbed his brown, lever boots and did her thing. A couple moments and he was fixed to the spot. "Wh-what??" He looked down to Ashla who was now looking up to him; her eyes blazing ice white in her frustration.

"Y-Your eyes!" He gasped, "Those a-are-"

Ashla growled, "I said, "He's fine!"

"I-Icebreaker!" He gasped, "Get away from me!"

Ashla was now puzzled; how did he know her last name, did he know a relative of hers from somewhere before? Did this relative do something to him to make him suddenly scared like this; or was there another reason behind his cowering. "H-How do you know my name??" He questioned him, her eye's icy flame fading.

BlackGhostofSeaside
06-11-13, 02:15 PM
After a long time of searching through hallway after hallway for a waiting room, he decided to come on back. The rest of the hospital wasn't much better than what he and the others had seen so far! Dried blood on the marble floor and wooden walls and doors, the stench of sickness and barf, coughing and gagging. Julius was very uncomfortable here- the better reason to get back to Ashla. She could be hurt! Julius shook his head as he walked back down the hallways. Ashla was a strong girl, she could take care of herself. She wasn't some dismal in distress who needed saving all the time! But at the same time he was still worried, and since there weren't any waiting rooms- just a couple of rotting chairs set in a row in each hall- he decided to go check on her and that Black Shadow creep.

Julius walked into the room and gasped; Ashla was under one of the doctors freezing his feet while the other two were slowly stepping away, shocked. Julius shouted, "What's going on here!?"

"She won't let me pule his mask off!" the man cried, "An-And she's an Icebreaker!"

Julius growled, she was indeed that- and the only one left! He pulled out his steel bow and placed and arrow in it. Pulling it into place (pointing it to where it could kill both the doctor and Ashla in one shot) he demanded, "Why are you fighting?"

For once, Ashla seemed scared of him, she instantly replied, "Black Shadow told me not to let them see his face!"

The elf laughed, "Oh c'mon! What's so bad about looking at somebody's face?"

Well, what if you were liking that face too much and they noticed? Julius breifly looked at Ashla then back to the doctor.

Julius's old friend now bit her lip, "Why do you... You must be a spy or something!"

He nervously grunted, "I'm no spy! What makes you think that?!"

Ashla let out a giant gasp, "Julius! Kill him!" Julius felt uncertain, why? She seemed to know what he was thinking and demanded again, "Kill him now!"

Julius was still uncertain, "But..."

"Only a spy would be that nervous over a question like that, kill him!" Ashla demanded.

Julius nervously re-checked his aim and shot. The grey, steel arrow crushed through his body. Blood splotched out from his puncture and splattered across the floor. Red, scarlet blood. It seems to fall like tear drops, grieving his death. For a moment he stood there in shock and pain, then he fell back onto the dusty floor of the operating room. Julius stood there, frozen to the spot. His arms held the bow exactly the way he had shot it. His face was sweaty from all of these events. He then heard stirring; his eyes -only his eyes- drifted to the table to see Black Shadow was waking up.

black shadow
07-08-13, 04:24 PM
Black Shadow slowly picked his head up, expecting to be in an empty room with nothing but a few pain medications strapped to his arm. To his suprise, he awoke with blood on his face and an elf, apparently dead, sitting along the wall. Black Shadow suddenly grew alarmed as he saw Julius with his crossbow aimed in Ashla's direction. He pulled his good arm back and threw himself up off the operation table. A sharp pain, like a thousand needles being jabbed into him all at once, shot through his arm, the pain unbearable.

He threw his good arm to the spot the operation had been done on and clenched it, trying to scream, but unable to. He knelt in a small ball for a few seconds and then looked up, meeting eye to eye with Julius once more. Black Shadow scanned his suroundings for a moment, noticing a small, elvish sword. He threw himself towards it, the sharp pain from before going through his arm again. He clenched his teeth, the pain still almost unbearable.

He reached for the hilt of the sword, leaned up against the smooth, white wall. The hilt was a light brown leather, smooth and comfortable. The blade itself was of steel, wider towards the tip and grew narrower as it grew closer to the hilt. Imbeded into the blade was a word, written in elvish and unreadable by Black Shadow, that meant courage. the word glowed a bright yellow but did not show light, and the sword felt warm to the touch. He gripped the hilt with his good hand and pulled it up, pointing it at Julius, motioning him to put the bow down. He better know that I won't hesitate to kill him.

BlackGhostofSeaside
07-08-13, 04:36 PM
Julius watched, concerned for the man who was so much in pain! He could tell Ashla too was shocked because she had gasped at him. Julius watched him whither towards a sword and take hold of it. He pulled the blade out and pointed it towards him, murder in his eyes. Julius gasped as he realized, "Hey, hey! I only shot the guard, not anything like- C'mon!" He was obviously alarmed.

The man in black simply stared at him, his blade still pointed.

Julius sighed, "Hey... If you were thinking I would have hurt Ashla, I would never in my life! She's an amazing gi- I- I- I mean! - She isn't worth killing! Heck I was killing at Her command!" The words spilled out in his fear. He even realized his hand was pointed at Ashla who's expression was unreadable. Please, let me have not given away too much... He waited for Black Shadow- or even Ashla now- to kill or extremely harm him. Despite the fact that the room was cold, he was sweating. Sweating in fear of the untrustworthy man with the sword and the sweet but really scary girl standing at the other side of the room. He waited for something bad to happen...

Ashla
07-09-13, 01:44 PM
Ashla just glared as Julius spoke. Really? Was he really meaning she wasn't worth killing and was "amazing"? She hardly believed it! However, one thing for sure was true in his words: he was not threatening her in any way. Ashla looked at Black Shadow pointing the sword towards Julius, she would have enjoyed so much to see Julius get sliced and diced to death; but once again, her better judgement got the best of her. Ashla let out a long sigh, "Don't worry, Black Shadow, Julius isn't hurting me in any way." Yeah right... I'm such a liar.

After a couple of dreading seconds, Black Shadow sighed and dropped the blade. The sound of metal clanging against the rotting wood floor was a simple bash, and Black Shadow started to wince again. Ashla realized he must be in terrible pain and drew her blade, she faced the other doctors."Two things. One: Nobody knows about what happened in here! Two: do everything you can to numb his pain!" Ashla threw her other hand in Black Shadow's direction, "Now!"

The doctors seemed intimidated enough; they hastily ran to a shelf made of oak wooden a corner of the room, it was about six feet tall and above it had a huge web hanging over. Ashla could tell that a whole family of spiders were living up there and noticed the unhatched spider eggs. This day is getting grosser and grosser! she winced. The doctors opened the shelf, The two doctors blocked Ashla's view of what was inside. A part of her wanted to know what was inside, the other side told her that the doctor's blocking whatever in there was a good thing because something else disgusting could be in there! The doctors finally closed the doors and ran to Black Shadow with some herbs and a small glass of some type of medicine. Ashla gasped and stepped between them just as they got to him.

"I'll take care of those treatments," Ashla stated, "Thank you." She yanked them out of the doctor's hands and nelt down to Black Shadow, "Do you need help with these?" She asked, her tone softening a great amount. When Black Shadow tried to lift his hand and shake his head, Ashla scoffed and took his arm, gently laying it down again, "You can trust me." She smiled.

black shadow
07-15-13, 02:58 PM
As Ashla placed the medicine on his arm, he closed his eyes and tried to think of something other than the pain. At first, the pain of her and rubbing against the now stitched up wound burned like fire, but after a few seconds, the pain withdrew. He looked up at Ashla when she was finished, and noticed her eyes were like ice. What the!? He thought as he quickly pushed her away and stood up. He eyes, what happened to her eyes?! He took a step to the side, reached down for the sword, and pointed with his bad arm at her, gesturing for an answer.

"It's a long story." She answered. "Let's get out of here."

Yes, let's do so. I already don't trust this place, don't want to make it worse. He thought as he walked over to a chest with his gear. He placed his quiver on his back and placed his bow on the holster he had specially made for it. He then looked at the sword that he was still wielding. This is such a nice sword... I'm taking it. He thought as he placed it into his quiver as well, being careful not to destroy the book he picked up earlier. He then walked out the door, motioning Ashla to follow him. He looked back only to see Ashla and Julius in a heated discussion. He then heard "NO YOU CAN'T COME!! WHY WOULD WE LET YOU COME!? come from Ashla. Oh no, not him.

Ashla
07-15-13, 03:10 PM
Ashla tapped her feet, her eyes were like ice chips as Julius kept annoying the heck out of her by asking if he could come over and over again.

"Can I come, Ashla?" He asked.

"Uh, no." Ashla replied.

"Please?" He asked again.

"No thank you." Ashla turned to leave but Julius caught her shoulder.

"Please?"

Ashla shoved his hand off, "No..."

"Ashla, please..."

"NO YOU CAN'T COME!! WHY WOULD WE LET YOU COME!?" Ashla screamed.

Julius took a couple paces back, "Hey, hey..." He held up his hands.

BlackGhostofSeaside
07-15-13, 03:26 PM
Julius took a couple paces back, "Hey, hey..." He held up his hands, trying his best to find a way to let her come. "Y-You may need another archer, right?" He started, still intimidated by Ashla's gaze. No doubt about it, she carries too much Icebreaker blood... He sighed, "Your Black Shadow friend still is in bad shape." Julius placed his hand on his lip, "I also know how to use bow and arrow, maybe I could-"

"No!" Ashla shouted back to him, "A big fat no!" She sighed, "I sure hope you still have his good side of things cause-" Julius saw Black Shadow take a couple steps towards him, Yup, he isn't happy with that...

"You can trust me, can't you?" Julius asked, feeling very upset about how this was turning out.

"How can I trust you?" Ashla asked, placing her arms out to hold an angry Black Shadow back, "How do I know that you're not working for those stupid bandits again?!" Her voice had a hint of pain in it, though it still shadowed the intense anger he knew she had towards him.

Julius paused for a moment, the memory flooded back to him.

"Julius? Why are you so..." Ashla pondered as she noticed the sadness in Julius's eyes.

Julius blinked back to reality and faced her, "It- It's nothing..." I can't betray her, why do I have to... Julius shook his head, I have to do this! This is the only thing I have left... Ashla smiled, "Whenever you want me, I'll be there. Okay?" She smiled and wrapped her arm around his neck. The fireflies shot across the darkened field of dark green grass. The moon was reflected in the water of the crystal clear pond that they sit by. Julius sighed, it seemed that right here, he was safe from everything. However, he knew that just behind the trees that grow behind them, his boss and his men were waiting for his signal to come out and capture her. Julius sighed again and stood up.

This was it.

... Julius shook his head to clear away the painful memories that follow and faced the girl he loved, "I don't even work for them anymore!" he defended.

"Liar!" Ashla screamed, one hand tightening to a fist and the other falling onto her long sword.

Julius sighed, his head falling to the ground, "I know you don't believe me anymore," he confessed, "But I- ..." Paralyzing silence fell. Julius's eyes watered as his gaze fell to Black Shadow who was still behind her.

black shadow
07-15-13, 04:09 PM
Black Shadow's eyes met with Julius'. He's sincere. I can see it in his eyes. He thought to himself. He's right though. We might need another archer.... Dang it, why must I have gotten injured this bad? He took Ashla's arm and pulled her to the side. grabbing the pencil and paper he had used before.

Look, I know you hate him, but he's being very sincere. He is telling the truth and wants nothing but to help us, help you. Let him come, and maybe your rivalry or whatever is wrong with you too will be sorted out.

Ashla read the note and sighed, turning to Julius. "Fine, you can come. But try anything and I'll deal with you personally." She said as she turned and walked with Black Shadow out the door.

"Yes!" Julius said under his breath as began following them.

As Black Shadow walked out the doors of the Hospital, he had to shield his eyes from the brightness of the sun, as his eyes readjusted. The three of them walked through the city, looking for any place they could stay as Black Shadow's arm healed. They walked for around an hour, stopping at every inn, each time the price being too expensive. Finally, they reached a small house, burned and abandoned. Black Shadow pointed at it and walked towards it. The structure was of oak, painted an orange color, most of which was burned to a dark black color. the roof was torn off in a few places, and holes were all throughout the walls. Well It's not pretty, but it'll work He thought to himself as he opened the door and took a step into the house.

Ashla
07-15-13, 04:39 PM
It had started to rain a couple minutes faster they set out, so Ashla had her hood up and her cloak wrapped around her. It was at the outskirts of town that they found the old house. As Black Shadow entered the house, Ashla cautiously followed, then came Julius. Inside the oak house, it was very dusty. A round table was broken in half; one half was still standing, the other half was crumbled all over the ground. There were two bunk beds at the others side of the room; there were still two pillows on one, but other pillows and blankets had been burned to ash along with plenty of other things inside the room. All but one chair was standing, the other seats burnt to the ground. There was a door at the back of the room blocked by a large, wooden pole. The pole and the door was a perfect place for cob webs to collect and so they were there by a thousand thick threads. In other areas, cob webs had collected as well; the floor was very dusty and sort of burnt in some areas. A rug that was seriously taunt was below the dust covered table. There were three windows, two of them (back and right walls) were blocked by fallen wood, the window a the left wall left had broken glass though and shafts of light pored through.

Ashla coughed for a moment and looked around. Throwing the hood off her head, and placing her hands on her hips she huffed, "This place is lovely..."

BlackGhostofSeaside
07-15-13, 06:51 PM
Julius looked around for a second, he could tell for sure this place had been invaded and set on fire. There were glass shards scattered all over the floor and a white cloth hanging off a large hook on the wall. The cloth was splotched with blood. Julius looked around, his eyes searching for signs of danger, "Are you sure it's safe here?"

He slightly drew his sword from its hilt and explained, "This place was raided. I know it!" He pulled his sword and and stepped into the center of the room, this place could have been burnt close to five years ago... but he had to be sure it was still okay around here. He anxiously looked around, his curled hair flying around and his head turned from left to right. He suddenly lost his footing and fell over something! He heard Ashla call to him to see if he was okay, but something else had caught his eyes that made him terrified.

He had tripped over a skeleton.

Julius shook as his eyes widened, "I- I knew it..." he whispered, "This place has been attacked." He got up again, realizing that this already decomposed carcass meant that this place was safe from bandits or anyone else deadly now. But another thing concerned Julius now, "Can this building even stand much longer in this state?"

black shadow
07-15-13, 07:43 PM
And now the paranoid little prick speaks again. Black Shadow thought as he motioned for Julius to calm down. We are fine here, I don't see why he is so paranoid. He then walked over to one of the bunk beds, fluffing the pillow and brushing off the dust. He climbed in and layed down. Ugh! it's not very comfortable, but it'll have to do. He closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths. within seconds he was asleep.

Two Weeks Later

Black Shadow stood across from Ashla, his hands by his side, ready for Ashla's daily sign language lesson. Today was her first test to see what she had learned, and she seemed excited. Okay, first sentence. He thought as he motioned his hands to say "Hello, my name is Black Shadow. What's yours?"

"Hello Black Shadow, my name is Ashla. How are you today" She answered in sign language.

"I'm very good. How are you?"

"I'm great! Thank you for asking."

She smiled as she completed her test and saw Black Shadow nodding his head in approval. He picked up a piece of paper and wrote on it.

100% you didn't miss a word. Good job.

He handed her the note, and she smiled. She's a fast learner. He thought to himself.

Ashla
07-15-13, 08:34 PM
Ashla beamed as she got up, "Th-Thank you..." She usually didn't learn this fast, but she had done everything she could to do anything else other than be around him... So she had been quite pulled into her lessons to not let Julius bother her.

Now she stepped outside for a fresh breath of air. She and Julius had pulled down the wood that blocked the other two windows from view and she had swept the floor, but it was still very drafty in the old building. Julius was leaning against the side of the house and starring off into space. Ashla noticed how tired he looked and asked, "Why you so tired?"

The boy blinked and faced Ashla, coming back to reality. "Eh," he started, "I haven't slept much in a while..."

Ashla placed her hands behind her back and asked, "Why?"

He sighed, "Just can't..." He starred off into space again. Ashla looked around and noticed what a nice day it was. The grass was bright green and short with some spots of taller grasses here and there. The sun was shining brightly through the trees that stood around the house. There were a lot of trees around, but somehow the light still came through. Ashla smiled, the way the sun still seeped through encouraged and reminded her what never giving up really meant.

Ashla was a stubborn girl, she tried her best not to give into anything that seemed wrong or troublesome in her eyes- though she was quite a troublesome person herself. She always tried to believe in herself and tried her best to push forward in any way she could. Whenever something didn't go her way she would act very brashly towards anyone and everyone, and costed her the arrival of new enemies. She tried her best not to make enemies, if anything she wanted friends who would be there and support her. Somehow things would turn the opposite though, and it was tiring her out. Ashla turned to Julius, he was about half asleep leaning against the wall. Ashla scoffed, "Hey."

The boy opened his eyes and turned his head to her again.

"You can sleep inside- if you like..." Ashla's eyes rolled away from his.

BlackGhostofSeaside
07-16-13, 05:14 PM
Julius's eyes squinted, he was confused. Was she being nice to him?? Julius shrugged the question off and pushed himself off the wall, "Okay, thanks." He yawned and started back to the door. He really was tired. Julius walked inside and walked over to the bed without even giving any hint that he knew Black Shadow was there. He quickly fell asleep. Memories quickly flooded his mind...

... "Yo-you're a girl!" Julius pointed at the young girl in front of him. He had come all the way to the back of this stupid beer barn just to see the one responsible for killing his teammates was a girl!

The girl scoffed and placed her hands on her weapons, a long sword and a long knife in another, "Yeah, what about it?"

Julius chuckled, "I like your style there!" In reply the girl silently laughed, "I guess I am pretty cool." The mud from all the rain had splotched up her boots and leggings, but she didn't seem to mind at all at the moment, She wasn't taking her eyes off him. Leaves fell off one of the many oak trees that surrounded the clearing and fell on Julius's black locks, he brushed it off as he thought 'Pretty' indeed...

"What's your name?" Julius asked her.

The wind blew, making her hair flow, "Ashla."

"Why did you kill those men?" Julius asked her. She brushed some of the hair out of her face and continued walking, "I had to defend myself, right? Hey, I don't kill unless I have too." She faced him again.

Julius simply nodded, So this was all just to defend herself, eh? She just doesn't deserve what... Julius shook his head. He then felt Ashla's hand on his arm, "Look out!" She pulled him aside from a wagon that was making its way on the road. Julius briefly lost his breath from almost getting hit and the way Ashla had yanked him. He regained his composure a couple seconds later, "Th-thanks!"

Ashla just smiled. Since it was still very wet out, the wagon had splashed a lot of mud towards them and now they were both very messy! However, today, nothing seemed more clear to Julius than that the fact there was something special about this young woman. Something he couldn't explain...

Julius pulled his hood up, he couldn't let the men see him crying like this! As they beat and bonded Ashla without end. She was almost un-cautious as she look up at him, blood trickling from her mouth and nose, "You- You betr"-

Julius shot up from his bed, sweat dripping off him. He screamed as he pulled his sword out! A moment later an arrow stuck the blade against the wall and Julius felt another sword against his throat. It was Black Shadow.

black shadow
07-17-13, 09:46 PM
Black Shadow motioned Julius to calm down. Within the last few weeks, the two of them had developed a slight friendship. Black Shadow pulled out his notebook he found under some fallen pieces of wood, and a pencil as well.

I know what it's like to have memories flood back to you in your sleep. What happened that caused you to awake in fright?

Julius took the note and thought for a minute. "How could you tell something was wrong?" he asked

I knew... because I as well have woken in my sleep in the same manner... plenty of times. What's up Julius?

"Do you really want me to tell you?"

Talking helps. and even though I'll never be able to talk, I can still let people know. Tell me.

"Okay, fine." Julius replied as he began telling his story.

So you tricked Ashla into being a friend, then gave her to a group a bandits that don't like her? But you still like her, and regret the choices you've made? Well that's a tough situation man. Don't worry though. When the time comes, you'll know what to do.

"You really think so? I was born and raised in a castle where any problems I had were immediately solved. But after... that incident... everything turned for the worse, and I don't know what to do."

No, I don't think so, I know so. And wait, did you say you lived in a castle?

"Yeah, I was a prince after all."

Well I know what it's like to be kicked out... I mean, my father (The king of my country) does want me dead.

"You're a prince as well? What country?"

It was called Terra Obscurum

"Was? Is it destroyed?"

No, but it has been lost to me... I can never go back. If I was to go even 100 miles from the walls of a city, I would perish.

Black Shadow stood after handing Julius the last note, and walked to the bed he was sleeping on. within seconds, he was asleep again.

Ashla
07-17-13, 10:00 PM
Ashla stepped up to the door. She had spent about three hours out looking for food since she let Julius inside. Now she was back with some berries and a small rabbit. She carried them both in a lether bag she had gathered off the floor of the house. Ashla shuddered,she didn't want to go back in that haunt. Even two weeks after staying here it was a bit too dusty for her. Ashla took a deep breath, in and out. She reached for the doorknob but just then felt something hard hit her head. Immediately swift, heavy pain flew around her head. She lost cautiousness.

Her dreams were dark and lidded with harsh memories...

It was so painful. Not just the beating that caused her to bleed all over, but her dark realization that the man she had fallen in love with had just betrayed her. "You-you betrayed me!" she called out to him. In one, last, desperate attempt to reach him, she stretched her bloody arm and opened her hand. "Why..." black fog clouded her vision and a red liquid flooded around her head. "Would..." Her breath shook, "You..." She gave into the pain and fell. ...

BlackGhostofSeaside
07-17-13, 10:14 PM
Julius awoke from a groggy sleep and fluttered his eyes open. He looked around the room and suddenly realized something: Ashla wasn't back yet! Julius quickly threw the blanket off him and without stopping to put his brown boots on again, ran over to Black Shadow's bed. He took his shoulder and shook it, "Black Shadow, wake up! Bla-" Before he knew it he was lying on the dusty floor. Realizing that Black Shadow had back flipped him, he coughed, "Hey, it's me! Julius!"

Black Shadow had already taken his bow and aimed at him, but when he realized he lowered it. He nodded in silent questioning of why Julius had woken him up. Julius got up and threw his arms, "Black Shadow, Ashla isn't back! And it's night out!" It was true, it was a full moon and the moonlight was shining down into the drafty room. Julius started pacing, "What is she was hurt? What if she was attacked by a bear or something? What if..." He trailed off in his worries.

black shadow
07-17-13, 10:36 PM
Back at the prison of Terra Obscurum

"So this is the one who you believe shall bring my son home?" Kransov asked his prison master.

"We believe so. Your son seems very attached to her already, She's perfect bait."

"And when we have finished his execution?"

"We shall Kill the girl. We have no use for her."

"Good. Send a courier with the message to my son. I want him here as soon as possible."

Back at the abandoned house

Ashla is gone. Why? When? How? Black Shadow thought to himself as he heard a feint knock on the burned oak door. Black Shadow pulled back on his bow and motioned Julius to open it. As the figure became clear, he realized who it was. A courier... from my fathers palace! He slowly lowered his bow and pulled out the his sword.

"I have a message from lord Kransov." The courier said as he pulled out an envelope and handed it to Black Shadow. He opened it and began to read.

Dear Ardon Firil

You have realized by now that your friend, Ashla, is missing. You have exactly 70 hours to be at the front gate of my capital city. If you fail to be there in such time, your friend will die. I hope to see you soon.

Your loved father
Kransov Firil

Black Shadow's anger boiled throughout his body. He Pulled up his sword, and stabbed the courier...........

Thread finished and closed for judging.

I request that Black Shadow receives the sword and book that he received at the hospital. (I realize that i need a sword to fight close combat instead of my arrows, and the book is needed for my quests that I shall be performing later on.)

Skie and Avery
08-13-13, 11:54 PM
Thread Title: Rebirthing
Judgement Type: Full Rubric, Full Commentary
Participants: black shadow, BlueGhostofSeaside, BlackGhostofSeaside

Plot ~ 14/30

Story ~ 6/10 –

I liked where you guys went with this, and I saw marked improvement from Exile. You gave me enough of Julius and Ashla's backstory that I wasn't confused, and tied all three characters together nicely. What started out as "hey we need medical attention from a town where our communication skills are seriously crippled" thread ended up becoming so much deeper. I do, however, have a serious problem with the fact that you guys could murder one of the doctors without any ramifications. If the Icebreaker name had serious sway in the town to get them off the hook for that, it wasn't explained.
Setting ~ 2/10 –

The setting was sparse, and it seemed that the three of you were confused about it as well - especially in the hospital. BlackGhost described the floors as marble in the operating section, BlueGhost claimed they were rotting wood. black shadow said the place smelled of disinfectant and sanitizer, leading the reader to believe in the cleanliness of the institution, though the Ghost characters both described dried blood that went unclean and the smell of infection and rot. If this was meant to show that in the lobby everything appeared pristine but behind the scenes the hospital was really poorly taken care of, it wasn't made clear.
Pacing ~ 6/10 –

One tip that I would give to improve your pacing is to try and write your posts as fluidly from the end of the posts that come before as possible. There was a lot of repetition, especially in dialogue with the men describing what Ashla would scream in their post, and Ashla putting her screams in her posts. It can make the narrative feel fragmented and bog it down where it would otherwise flow smoothly.

Character ~ 15/30

Communication ~ 5/10 –

You did pretty well here. I enjoyed the different text used in the Elven writing, and the way Julius slipped his true intentions into his dialogue accidentally. The part where Ashla accuses the doctor of being a spy was confusing with the way the conversation was written. I had to read it multiple times to figure out who was accusing who of being a spy.
Action ~ 4/10 –

I felt like this was often a bit over the top. Ashla attacking Julius and holding a knife to him, ordering the death of the doctor, etc. There were a lot of things that really detracted from the believability of your characters.
Persona ~ 6/10 –

I was able to see more of your characters with this thread, and I did enjoy what you showed me of Julius. His inner struggle was a bit dramatic at times, but I kind of liked that. I do think you did a better job in this thread of showing black shadow as someone who is both kind but anxious and protective than you did in Exile.

Prose ~ 8/30

Mechanics ~ 1/10 –

I was really disappointed to see so many mistakes in this thread. The first post almost seemed like you were drunk when you wrote it, black shadow. And BlackGhost, how does one golf down their words? I would definitely suggest editing posts with a critical eye in the future. If you cannot, find someone to read your posts and point out mistakes for you. Spelling and grammar are so important. There were first words in sentences left without capitalization, which is something so basic that can make a world of difference in the readability of your writing.
Clarity~ 4/10 –

With exception of a few scenes, I understood mostly what was going on through the writing. I brought up the conversation between Ashla and the doctor right before his execution, which I feel was the most confusing part of the thread.
Technique ~ 3/10 -

I don't feel like your technique has changed much since Exile, though I could tell that you guys were putting in effort. You have a huge compendium of literary devices that help to draw the reader in. If you'd like some more help on learning these techniques, this website (http://literary-devices.com/frontpage?page=1) is a good place to start.

Wildcard ~ 5/10 –

I did see improvement in this thread over Exile, and I could see in the thread that you guys were putting the effort in to your story. I think you succeeded. Rebirthing felt like a much more compelling tale, and the cliffhanger at the end was well done. I look forward to seeing black shadow's reunion with his father and what this turn of events holds for Ashla and Julius.

Total ~ 42/100

black shadow gains 800exp and 218gp
BlueGhostofSeaside gains 800exp and 250gp
BlackGhostofSeaside gains 554exp and 151gp

black shadow also gains the book and steel sword.

Mordelain
08-15-13, 05:11 AM
Experience and gold added.