PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

Caera Inress
05-19-13, 07:23 PM
Hi all! I'm Caera and I'm new here, though I've been lurking on and off for awhile. I love this site's emphasis on quality writing and storycrafting, so I finally decided to jump in and create a character. Caera is a dreamchild - she was created in the dreamworld and lived there until . . . well, right about now. So, she's now awake and ready for adventure.

My other hobbies include tabletop and board games, the occasional video game, and reading like woah. I'm a huge fan of sci fi and mysteries, and I'm always up for book talk. :) I have a day job in research and a night job herding cats out of my kitchen as I try to cook dinner.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to RPing with you guys!

Otto
05-19-13, 10:33 PM
Hello, Caera, and welcome to Althanas! Glad to have you on board. If you'd like help with something which you're having trouble finding in the rules or the wiki, you can drop the staff a line through PM or speak to us through chat, if anyone's online.

and a night job herding cats out of my kitchen as I try to cook dinner.

I think you'll fit in just fine, here (protip: go to the bottom left hand corner and change your theme setting to 'Alcatnaps'. Trust me). What sort of research do you perform, if you don't mind my asking?

Luned
05-19-13, 10:45 PM
Ooh, I am also curious about the research. And yes, cat herders are always welcome here.

Caera Inress
05-20-13, 07:17 AM
(protip: go to the bottom left hand corner and change your theme setting to 'Alcatnaps'. Trust me)

OH MY GOD THERE ARE CATS ON MY ALTHANAS!

As for the research, it's mostly psych. I work at a lab that studies mood disorders primarily - depression, OCD, bipolar. Like all science, it alternates between mind-numbing (data entry) and totally awesome (getting a paper accepted for publication), and I really enjoy it. It's my stopover between undergrad and grad school, and it's letting me figure out what I want to do with my life. :)

Mordelain
05-20-13, 07:42 AM
Welcome to Althanas, Caera.

It is always a pleasure to introduce newcomers to our crazy corner of the internet.

As people have already made the kingly offer of aid, all I have to say is enjoy your time here, and get stuck in! :D

Witchblade
05-20-13, 08:01 AM
Welcome to Althanas!

You seem like you'll fit in just fine here and the place could always use some fresh meat.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
05-20-13, 08:50 AM
As for the research, it's mostly psych. I work at a lab that studies mood disorders primarily - depression, OCD, bipolar.

Ooooh! I have all of the above! =D so between that, and the obsession with cats shared by so many of our members, I think you're off to a flying start.

So, welcome to the board, and if you ever have the urge to be stabbed and set on fire, drop me a line.

BlackAndBlueEyes
05-20-13, 09:15 AM
Welcome!

Any cookies offered to you by the veterans are to be thrown in the trash. They're usually poisoned.

Silence Sei
05-20-13, 09:27 AM
Not true. *subtly throws tainted cookies away*

Welcome!

Aurelianus Drak'shal
05-20-13, 10:01 AM
*picks up cookies*

Oooo, cookies!!

Caera Inress
05-20-13, 07:09 PM
Step 1: Discover Antidote.
Step 2: Sell to Aurelianus.
Step 3: Profit.

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I'm working on a little intro to get Caera into the world, so I hope to start RPing with you all soon. :)

Witchblade
05-20-13, 07:15 PM
There is no antidote.

*Drags Aur's unconscious body off screen to have her way with it*

We look forward to reading your stuff.

Otto
05-20-13, 08:07 PM
Likewise! Er, about reading stuff. Aur is all yours, Witchblade.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
05-21-13, 07:39 AM
Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

If you can find something I *don't* enjoy having done to me, luv, you can keep me. ;)

Witchblade
05-21-13, 06:28 PM
*pulls out the whips, chains and handcuffs*

Sure I can't just keep you anyway? My last newbie pet died rather suddenly...

Aurelianus Drak'shal
05-21-13, 07:01 PM
If those child's toys are all you're bringing to the party, cutter, then I'm sorely disappointed.

Ashla
05-21-13, 07:01 PM
Heyo, welcome to Althanas! :)

Witchblade
05-21-13, 07:03 PM
Bwahaha! I like you already. This is just the warm-up, the following act involves an interesting trick with a chainsaw and me figuring out just where I can stuff The Rot Slayer into your body.