PDA

View Full Version : New Player Here

Ashley
06-19-13, 05:45 PM
Hi! I just got here a couple days ago, and I've been working hard on my character profile. I got approved a little while ago, and I'm looking forward to roleplaying, but it all seems a little overwhelming. I'm not sure where to start. I have prior roleplay experience, but I'm probably kinda rusty. It seems the type of roleplay going on here isn't what I'm familiar with. Any of the veterans have any tips or advice for me?

Witchblade
06-19-13, 08:44 PM
Heh, I've been here since Jesus was in diapers.

The only way to really get started on Althy is to dig in, get your hands dirty and just go for it. Corone is probably the easiest place for beginners, since it's populated with humans and you don't need to look up any kind of history or much in the aspects to understand it. Some of the regions have mission boards that you can take on and then write up a solo (story by yourself) or recruit some others in the recruitment forum.

I suggest just grabbing another player and asking them to go on a simple Fetch Quest. Or Treasure Hunting quest, whatever you want to call it. You'll get a good feel for your character, how we play here, get to earn yourself some experience and perhaps a valuable item as well. Don't be afraid to hit up any of the players on AIM, we're all quite friendly. And I had my rabies shot last month.

Luned
06-19-13, 08:49 PM
I've already said welcome, but if you need help figuring out where to start, hit me up in the chat. : ) Corone is easy and I think you've got a good handle on the basics of Raiaera, so that's also a good option. There are always people looking to write, so if you want to find a partner or two for your first quest, feel free to post in recruitment if you have an idea or ask around.

Otto
06-19-13, 08:58 PM
All good advice. If you haven't come across it already, the recruiting forum (http://www.althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?170-The-Recruiting-Forum) is through 'the role-player's corner' from the main page. Welcome to the site, and I hope your stay is a pleasant one :)

Krausus
06-19-13, 09:37 PM
I honestly think if you want a true roleplay go make one. But if not im willing to start up an intro quest for ya. You and the blind guy trekking through the world. Or go battle which is shorter but tends to need a bit more detail. I hope this helps!

Ashla
06-19-13, 09:39 PM
Heyo! Welcome to Althanas!
When I first came here I had the help of my cousins who also had/ have accounts to help me on what to do. If you know anyone who also is here, you can turn to them if you need help :)

Ashley
06-20-13, 02:02 PM
Thanks everybody for the advice and the welcomes. It's great to see such a friendly community. My first Citadel battle is already taking place, and I'm already pondering her first quest.

WiseyMouki
09-16-13, 04:08 AM
Corone is probably the easiest place for our beginners.

hoytti
09-16-13, 08:00 AM
Welcome to Althanas. I hope you have a great time here.

Try working with a moderator, they would know what a judge is looking for and they are all willing to help you get better at writing while you write.

There is also the chat room that can be used to help you when you get stuck.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. Many people here are willing to help you out in any way possible.

Max Dirks
09-16-13, 08:50 AM
Moved your thread to the right forum.

Welcome!

Zook Murnig
09-16-13, 08:56 AM
I do believe we have ourselves a thread necromancer.

Luned
09-16-13, 09:04 AM
A spam bot, alas. It has been vanquished.

Zook Murnig
09-16-13, 12:49 PM
A spam bot? But...it was hoytti...

Luned
09-16-13, 12:52 PM
Edit: It looks exactly like some spam accounts we've had before (they're sneaky by putting links to online stores in signatures instead of posts so the system doesn't automatically flag them) and it has a sketchy IP (proxy or something?), so I assumed that's what it was! I'm double checking to make sure it wasn't one of hoytti's accounts.

Max Dirks
09-16-13, 12:59 PM
The account was not SPAM! Sorry for cluttering your thread, Ashley.

Prophet
09-16-13, 02:25 PM
Welcome. Again.

Silence Sei
09-16-13, 03:46 PM
Welcome, could I interest you in joining the Ixian Knights or Misery Business? Both groups are full of friendly people who like to roleplay with all sorts of newcomers.

Ceidon
09-16-13, 05:14 PM
Or you could go your own way and join a clan (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?25900-Chronicle-•-Recruitment-amp-Roster) that'll let you develop your character at your own pace!

Prophet
09-16-13, 07:09 PM
You're the co leader. Wow. That was unexpected.

Anyways. Ceid, you spoilsport. Sei can tell people to join Iaxians as much as he wants.

Naw, anyways, join a PG, and you'd be good.

Roc
09-16-13, 07:23 PM
...what am I missing? Ashley hasn't logged on in more than a month, hasn't posted in nearly three.

The thread was necro'ed by WiseyMouki, whose post history and signature suggests that it's a bot. Hoytti only posted after that. You're all recruiting somebody who no longer comes here.

Silence Sei
09-16-13, 08:50 PM
Shut up! : P

Zook Murnig
09-16-13, 11:42 PM
...what am I missing? Ashley hasn't logged on in more than a month, hasn't posted in nearly three.

The thread was necro'ed by WiseyMouki, whose post history and signature suggests that it's a bot. Hoytti only posted after that. You're all recruiting somebody who no longer comes here.

Is what I saying from beginning!

Enigmatic Immortal
09-17-13, 10:11 AM
HA! Nice....