PDA

View Full Version : Snooping About

The Emerald Hind
09-01-06, 01:31 AM
Heh, well, I thought I should introduce myself since I'm new around here. Well, sort of new, anyway. I had two characters here a little over a year ago, Cassiel and Rhoslyn (I think that was her name, anyway), but neither were very well known characters as I had to quit the game due to personal reasons not long after I joined. (Broken hearts and all... Then big storms named Katrina. >_>)

Anyway, the name's Kricket. I'm a twenty-one-year-old gamer--how pathetic!--with a penchant for emotionally scaring my characters. I'm a pisces who enjoys [insert all manner of sentimental gook here]. My hobbies include reading, writing, working out at the gym, and collecting the discarded left socks stuck in various dryers. I am currently taking a break from college, but I am returning in the spring to complete my degree in art. Oh, and did I mention I am the step-mother to a ten year old? Yes, a mummy at twenty-one. >_<

Well, that is all there is to say about me. You probably know more than you care to now, but I am rather bored and suffering from insomnia, so I thought I might burden others with my resistence to sleeping. >D Read, reply, flame, whatever. I'm open to it all!

*Meep* I really need some sleep, as you can see....

(Please ignore any randomness or craziness. This is like the second day I've gone without sleep, and that after going a straight week with no more than a few hours of sleep each night. Not a severe case of insomnia, but bad enough for me. x_X)

AdventWings
09-01-06, 05:43 AM
Welcome to Althanas, Kricket. Name's Raven and I'm somewhat of this board's unofficial Avatar Maker. It's good to see someone who's a college student, a gamer (yes, I'm one as well) and resistent to insomnia.

As for the going crazy part, apparently almost every Althanian frequenter has gone through it sometime in their RPing lives. It's a common thing we share.

I look forward to seeing you RP as well as get down to it myself. Oh, and say hi to my Girls for me if you happen to run into them anywhere on the OOC forums.

Happy Rping, Kricket. ^_^

P.S., I think this would be more appropriately announced in the Intro/Outro subforum, so you might want to ask a mod or admin to move this thread there. ^_^

Letho
09-01-06, 06:58 AM
Well, I heard people collect a lot of various stuff, but socks left in dryers... Yeesh. At least they're clean socks. ;)

Anyhow, welcome to Althanas. I have to say, that was certainly a nice profile you put up. I think/hope you'll fit right in.

And just so you know, the stastic says that people that "gamers" on average aren't kids, but grown ups. So definitely not pathetic. Hell, I'm a gamer as well. All your base are belong to us! :P

Empyrean
09-01-06, 07:02 AM
Your profile is pretty damn awesome. Welcome to Althanas and I hope to get to RP with you sometime. :)

Letho
09-01-06, 09:30 AM
Hmm... Now that I think of it, I remember somebody using the tiny font in their profiles/posts. Did you have like a fairy character once?

Dissinger
09-01-06, 12:42 PM
Welcome to the Site, its always nice to see someone come in here.

Umm don't believe the rumors about me, I'm pretty stable, I think....

And umm what kind of art you doing? Whats your media?

Zephyriah
09-01-06, 12:47 PM
Wait, wait wait. Cassiel? Did you happen to go by the user name of Shattered Haze way back then?

Dissinger
09-01-06, 01:09 PM
Wait, Shattered Haze? Oh wow...

Talk about reuinions...

Sighter Tnailog
09-01-06, 01:53 PM
As the generation that grew up on video games grows up, the average age of a gamer will increase. Thus the proliferation of Senators who talk about how they are "gamers" and reflect whimsically on playing Pong all day.

Welcome back, it's always good to see old faces return.

Cyrus the virus
09-01-06, 04:18 PM
As the generation that grew up on video games grows up, the average age of a gamer will increase. Thus the proliferation of Senators who talk about how they are "gamers" and reflect whimsically on playing Pong all day.

Welcome back, it's always good to see old faces return.

Beep boop beep beep boop... That was sad.

Hi Emerald! The Emerald Hind is an unbelievably erotic name, just so you know.

Serilliant
09-01-06, 08:03 PM
I get to be big bad thread mover. Sorry.

Don't feel ashamed of being a gamer. I gamed in my early teens, stopped for a while, and then now that I've turned 21 and can drink, magically video games are fun again. Nothing like shooting your roommate in the chest with the Golden Gun (tm) after shooting tequilla.

In any case, welcome. Nice to see that you're breeding a legacy of Althanians. Get them addicted early, I say.

The Emerald Hind
09-01-06, 09:17 PM
Ack! I should have looked around more before I made put the post on the other forum... >.> Ignore me, I'm not that observant. Thanks for moving it, Serilliant.

I'm glad to see I'm not the oldest role-player around, at least. I cannot tell you how many times I have become the mother of teens simply by the virtue of my "advanced" age. Heehee

And believe me, it feels great to be back on Althanas. I've missed it. ^^

AdventWings: Shall do. Hope to see you around, as well. ^_~

Letho: Yes, well, we all have our hobbies, and someone has to be responsible for taking all those missing left socks, right? I'm just that responsible and caring a person that I thought I should do that very thing! But, sorry, but no fairy chars. Just Cassiel, the stoic trader b***h, and Rhoslyn, my terribly optimistic harper. And now there's Kaia, of course.

Empyrean: Thanks! I worked damned hard on that frickin' profile. I'm glad people appreciate it. And I hope we get to rp together sometime, too. ;D

Zephyriah: Yes, I am the one and only Shattered Haze. I can't believe you remembered me! *Feels special* It upset me so much not to be able to finish that thread with you, but, like I said, certain situations got in the way... I would have returned with Cassiel, even, if I could only find her damn profile. Unfortunately, my computer was swiped by the hurricane. Bleh... I just can't believe people remembered me. o_O;

Dissinger: I prefer colored pencils (PrismaColor all the way!), watercolor, and pastel on sandpaper. I'm getting into oil and acrylic now, though. I'm finally brave enough to mess with the permanent stuff. I tend to mix media, as well. Usually colored pencils on watercolor.

Cyrus: Hind as in female deer, just so you know, my friend. Dirty minds... Tsk, tsk. *Snickers and pats the Cyrus*

Empyrean
09-01-06, 10:04 PM
I can always appreciate a good profile, because it takes so damn long to finish them. I know from personal experience. x__x Of course that's my fault, but still.

Whenever you feel like questing with a bitchy jeweler, just let me know. :)

Raelyse
09-01-06, 10:30 PM
More MILF!

AsukaStrikes
09-02-06, 02:25 AM
Raelyse: Down, boy.

Enjoy your time, Kricket. And do watch out for the ego-leeches like Raelyse here and a few others I'd rather not name. Getting them to unlatch from you could be painful, but an entertaining stunt if I should say so myself.

Dissinger
09-02-06, 03:01 AM
Dissinger: I prefer colored pencils (PrismaColor all the way!), watercolor, and pastel on sandpaper. I'm getting into oil and acrylic now, though. I'm finally brave enough to mess with the permanent stuff. I tend to mix media, as well. Usually colored pencils on watercolor.

Heh acrylics are fun. Then again I do a Model Hobby. Then again I also work for Games Workshop, so I get paid to do my hobby, its kinda cool. I dislike oil though, don't like the idea of using turpentine to clean my brushes.

The Emerald Hind
09-02-06, 06:12 AM
*Slowly backs away from the Raelyse* ^_^() *Hides behind Asuka* Thanks for the warning, hun. o.O; I'll just have to keep my trusty club 'round. It usually does the trick. :P *Taunts Raelyse with a big club*

Empyrean: Give me a few days to get some things organized, and I'll do just that.

Dissinger: Actually, I just found a way to clean oil from brushes without turpentine. In fact, it was same thing that kept me from using oil paints for so long, but a gentlemen I helped paint a house for (yes, I also paint houses part time with my husband) showed me how you could avoid its use. Just use ivory soap and some very warm water and saturate your brushes with the stuff. It takes some elbow grease, and you have to get to it right after painting (I never leave me brushes dirty, but some people do), but it works beautifully. I just wish I could make money doing what I love to do like you. I paint for a living, but only walls--even then I only get to do prep work and the first coat. x_X; That Workshop sounds like loads of fun.

Zephyriah
09-03-06, 02:32 AM
Of course I remembered! I always loved the way that you write so naturally, your character stuck in my head. Mentioning Cassiel just brought it all to the forefront of my mind.

The Emerald Hind
09-03-06, 12:07 PM
You were always so supporitve of my style. Thanks. I changed it a little, unfortunately, so I do not describe the surroundings nearly as much, but I am working on a post that is of my usual writing preference. At least there is one person around who I won't bore with the overembelished detail. ^^