View Full Version : For Bounty Hunters in Salvar

Ashiakin
09-02-06, 06:11 PM
This works almost exactly like a missions board. You claim that you want to attempt to thwart or kill one of the criminals I've listed and go make a role-playing thread in Salvar to do so. Please don't post here to ask about a thread if you see that it's already been claimed--you should contact the person who claimed the thread and ask them if you can join. However, they are in no way obligated to take you on. But players should remember that rewards do NOT have to be shared or split up amongst the group. Everyone in thread that I feel made an effort will be able to receive the award listed. These are rewards and rep received in ADDITION to the judging.

When you complete one of these threads, post a link to it here. I'll make sure all those who are deserving (active) got the appropriate rewards. However, at the end of the thread you should post a link here and make sure the judge knows everyone worthy should get the stuff listed in addition to the GP, rep, and rewards they were going to give you anyway! Please note that these bounties are open to the general public. No prior reputation or membership in a faction is needed to participate.

Whether or not you're a criminal in Salvar is done on a common sense basis. A high-ranking noble who is having people killed for his own personal gain might not have a bounty put on them at all, but a lowlife mass-murderer is likely to have a substantial bounty on their heads.

Also, Salvar makes distinctions between two different kinds of criminals: common criminals and enemies of the state. Common criminals are thieves, rapists, murderers, and the like. The maximum bounty on a common criminal is 5000 GP. Enemies of the state are traitors, political dissidents, terrorists, and the like. The maximum bounty on an enemy of the state is 10000 GP.

Known NPC Criminals

#1 - Aslar Bernir: A Salvic human male, renowned in the criminal world for his swordsmanship and silver tongue. Aslar and an unknown number of followers manufacture illegal hallucinogenic drugs from mushrooms and weeds that grow under the sewers of Knife's Edge. Enter the sewers and find their laboratory. Once you have made your way in, either kill Aslar and as many of his followers as you can or destroy all of the drugs.
Score 65+: 300 GP, 3 Salvar Reputation.
Score 50-64: 100 GP, 1 Salvar Reputation.

#2 - Isea Varlik: An Aleraran drow female, well-known for her skills with necromancy. Isea is said to be using her witchcraft to raise a small army of undead and unholy spirits in her mansion on the west side of Knife's Edge. Break into Isea's residence and kill her or find some other way of stopping her from following through with her illegal experiments.
Score 65+: 300 GP, 3 Salvar Reputation.

#3 - Avlo Dekfen: A Coronian elven male, skilled in archery and with daggers. Avlo recently liberated a number of vicious animals from the Knife's Edge Zoo and used his beast magic to lead them north from the city to freedom. They've created a base of sorts in a small cluster of woods ten miles outside of the city. Avlo is thought to be surrounded by about twenty of Salvar's nastiest polar animals, under his magical control, and an unknown number of armed sympathizers. Kill or detain Avlo and his followers and return as many animals to the Knife's Edge Zoo as possible.
Score 65+: Prevalida weapon of choice*, 2 Salvar Reputation.

#4 - Bise Iarae: A Haidian demon female, feared for her prowess with the battle axe and the war hammer. She and seven of fellow Haidians were recently fired from their jobs at a large armory for disobedience. During the night, she led the Haidians on an attack on the armory and killed all of its guards. The armory's dwarven owner and his family have been taken hostage and they threaten to kill them unless they are award 35000 GP. Find a way to save the armory's owner and his family, whether it is through killing the renegade demons or negotiating with them somehow.
Score 65+: Sea-serpent scale armor piece**, 2 Salvar Reputation.

* This means a prevalida melee weapon—a sword, a mace, an axe, etc. Not a gun. If you want something like throwing stars or knives, you get three.

** If you want to get a helm or a breast plate, you get one. If you want boots, gloves, gauntlets, pauldrons, greaves, etc., you can have two.

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR JUDGES: If a player turns one of these missions on its head and aids the criminal, that's totally acceptable. They should still get the rewards listed.

Known PC Criminals

[none at this time]

Molotov
09-02-06, 06:38 PM
I'd like to go after Avlo Defken (number 3), if you please.

Also, do previous crimes in Salvar count for the mission board?

Ashiakin
09-02-06, 06:43 PM
Sure thing, it's yours. And they can, if you're interested. Take a look at the note on the Reputation Chart about this.

Poison
09-02-06, 07:01 PM
I claims numero uno (#1)

Ashiakin
09-02-06, 07:45 PM
All righty, edited.

Séreméla
11-20-06, 01:14 PM
hmmm...Necromancy eh? I think she will help in the search for the books I need too, I'll add her to the list 'o things I am taking from you hun. number 2 it is

MaxBlade
11-20-06, 01:44 PM
#4 is the one I want, I can do prety good with that one. I am new but one question can I be in Salvar even if that isn't my home land?