PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment for a battle or quest - all levels welcome!

Breaker
09-01-13, 11:13 PM
Let me start by apologizing to anyone (and I know there are lots of you) who I've let down in past projects or failed recruitments... I'm working on a few old solos to shake the rust off, but I want to move forward with something new and invigorating.

Please express interest in only one of the following options, with only one account. I have a few questions regarding IC motivations for each, so knowing which character you want to use is important. Depending on the timing I may want to execute one or both of these concepts.

The good news is, I'm not going to be picky about posting speed. Threads that move quickly are great, but if you'd like to work with me and you're not super active, don't let that stop you from posting!

The Quest ~ Twenty Days Too Late - open to any level!

Based on this urban legend (http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Russian_Sleep_Experiment) about a Russian sleep deprivation experiment gone horribly wrong. Please read the entire page; if you don't have the stomach for it, this won't be the thread for you. We won't be emulating this story exactly of course, but I would like us to start with the same spark.

The storyline would follow an Aleraran sleep deprivation experiment, however I'm fine with it taking place in any region necessary to suit your character. I want us to examine both the effects of severe sleep deprivation on Althanas in this thread as well as the motivation of the 'doctors' performing the experiment. In order to do this, one of our characters must pose as subject of the experiment, whilst the other observes from the exterior.

Josh is an obvious choice for the "inside man" because he can survive sleep deprivation and whatever they use to enforce it. However, I have an idea I'm interested in exploring with him on the outside as well, so if you want to put your character through this... be my guest :P ... I want to explore the possibilities that this creates a zombie apocalypse or else successfully creates supersoldiers for the dark elves.

Questions! Why would your character become involved in this? I want an element of international espionage to this... so why would your character risk infiltrating this experiment? Would they spy from within the ranks of the Alerarans, or would they endure the torture of extended sleep deprivation? What would motivate them to undertake such a task?
What region would you prefer? Alerar is an obvious choice for international characters, but if you're landlocked, where could a cadre of Aleraran scientists and soldiers hide such a horrific experiment, and why would they choose your people as the subjects?
What knowledge do you have of sleep deprivation that would enable you to successfully complete this thread? Obviously we're not going for total scientific accuracy (or any at all, for the endgame) but in order to make the initial phases realistic I'd like a partner who also has a working understanding of sleep deprivation.

The Battle of Behemoths - A challenge to the mighty!

I've never actually unleashed Josh's full powers outside of tournament or Citadel or Dajas Pagoda arenas. I want a battle against someone whose character believes they can overpower Josh, and finds a reason to attempt it in a public setting. In this battle we'll pick a city in Corone other than Radasanth, and most likely lay waste to part of it. I'd be happy if we traversed to a secondary setting at some point, but really the sky's the limit.

Why would your character fight Josh, and why would the disregard the safety of innocent bystanders? Does your character have a grudge against Cronen, an assassination or kidnapping mission by any means necessary, or something else entirely? And what would motivate them to put bystanders in danger in order to execute their plan?
How would your character deal with Cronen's arsenal of abilities? Take a look at my profile (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?23307-No-reason-to-cry-out-your-eyes) and let me know how your character could kick Josh's ass. You don't have to go into specifics, you can even treat it like a pre-fight trash talk if you want, just don't break any forum rules please! All I want is some reasonable assurance that your character can last more than six seconds :P

Last thing - please link me to an example of recent writing with the character you intend to use. If you haven't written with them yet, a profile link and something else you've written will do.

That's it! If you made it through all that, I congratulate you! Feel free to post your responses here or PM your answers and any other pertinent information to this account. Thanks for reading!

Duffy
09-02-13, 02:52 AM
I'm not remotely sure how Duffy would even begin to outmatch Joshua...

But I'll keep thinking about it, :p

BlackAndBlueEyes
09-02-13, 05:22 AM
It would be hilarious to see Madison try to take on Joshua again, only to absolutely get destroyed in a single post.

Of course, she'd be surprised, claim that she was caught off-guard, and demand an instant rematch.

Then promptly get destroyed again.

Witchblade
09-02-13, 09:23 AM
Well, I read the whole thing on the Russian Experiment and I must say that is one creepy and messed up test that they did on those poor people.

I'm still interested, though pretty hesitant. I'll catch you on aim next time I see ya and we can talk about what exactly is going to happen in this thing. I don't want to subject any of my characters to going crazy and ripping out their internal organs. XD

P.S. I've done a bit of research on this Russian Sleep Experiment and I think it's a complete work of fiction, but since we're writing fiction anyway I suppose it does not matter.

Christoph
09-02-13, 11:46 AM
Haha, he did say it was an urban legend.

Anyway, I might be interested in the battle. Elijah is a powerhouse when he needs to be, more than capable of causing excessive collateral damage when things get desperate. His abilities to manipulate fire and earth make him a good foil for Josh's air- and water-based abilities. He can also use some of his spells to harden his skin and increase his physical attributes considerably, so he can take more than enough of a beating to go head-to-head with the 'Breaker' without, ahem, getting broken too fast. Plus, it would make for an intense, dynamic clash with our characters getting thrown through buildings and huge explosions everywhere.

I still need to update my profile to level 10, but you can find my level 9 profile in my signature if you want to get a general idea.

Hysteria
09-03-13, 04:24 AM
Well, I read the whole thing on the Russian Experiment and I must say that is one creepy and messed up test that they did on those poor people.

I'm still interested, though pretty hesitant. I'll catch you on aim next time I see ya and we can talk about what exactly is going to happen in this thing. I don't want to subject any of my characters to going crazy and ripping out their internal organs. XD

P.S. I've done a bit of research on this Russian Sleep Experiment and I think it's a complete work of fiction, but since we're writing fiction anyway I suppose it does not matter.

Yeah, I about it. Freaky as all hell, but no way it is possible. I remember learning about sleep deprivation, i can't remember the length that they got to keeping normal people away but in the end they just fell asleep, regardless of what they did (throw water on them, loud noises, etc). They kept some mice (maybe rats?) alive using drugs, they died....

Anywho... Numbers, I'm interested in the quest. I could tie it into Talen's Red Six (we are recruiting in case anyone was interested >.> ) clan somehow.

Breaker
09-03-13, 09:44 AM
Haha, he did say it was an urban legend.
Urban legend means not real! I said I liked the concept behind the story, not I wanted to discover whether this actually happened for not :P For the record though, I originally saw this posted on facebook and it fooled quite a few of my friends. Anywho..

At this point I'm leaning towards an epic duel with Christoph, but I want to see if this thread can attract any more takers. I gotta say, I'm surprised at the lack of interest in a thread about sleep deprivation torture!

Witchblade
09-03-13, 01:08 PM
I suppose not to many people are interested in torturing their characters.

Hallow
09-03-13, 01:24 PM
I might be able to pluck up a slow-burner interest in the concept.

Ashley is already schizophrenic, and has a multiple personality disorder, and is used to bodies, cannibalism, and madness.

Hysteria
09-04-13, 04:07 AM
I suppose not to many people are interested in torturing their characters.

I beg to differ. I made Talen immortal just so I could kill him over and over.