PDA

View Full Version : For Adventurers in Salvar

Ashiakin
09-02-06, 07:57 PM
In order to claim a mission, post here saying which one you want. If you want to participate in a mission you already see claimed, don't post here, but contact the person who claimed the mission. They have no obligation to let you join, but hopefully they will be nice enough. When the thread is complete and before it is judged, you should post a link in it to this thread so that the judge will know that you're supposed to receive the following GP, rep, and rewards in ADDITION to whatever they were going to give you anyway. They're only obligated to give these bonuses to those they feel were active enough, though. The bonuses are not split--everyone gets the same amount of the bonus listed. Once the thread has been judged, post a link to it here. I'll make sure that the rewards and such were dealt with fairly.

These quests are open to everyone, regardless of reputation or faction.

#1: Many miles north of Knife's Edge, where the Fertile Testhan Valley runs into the foothills of the Ahyark Mountains, a rock fall has uncovered an ancient underground burial complex. The origins and history of this labyrinthine tomb are unknown as a band of outlaws occupied it shortly after it was discovered. It is thought that there are likely myriad treasures and riches awaiting anyone with the courage to brave the bandits--and whatever darker creatures may live in the lower depths of the tomb. Residents of nearby towns who have fallen prey to raids may be able to tell you more.
Score 65+: 300 GP, 3 Salvar Reputation.
Score 50-64: 100 GP, 1 Salvar Reputation.

#2: The Gallowsfort, one of the colonies Salvar has set up on the southern shore of Berevar, is waiting on a shipment of furs and liquor promised by one of Salvar's northern tribes in exchange for political autonomy. The tribe claims that they sent a delegation with the goods north across the frozen northern sea some time ago. Visit the lands of the tribe and inquire as to the exact path of the delegation, then attempt to track them and find what became of them. Recover all of the goods you can, rescue the tribesmen if they still live, and take the goods across the frozen sea to the colony.
Score 65+: 300 GP, 3 Salvar Reputation.

#3: Vampires are said to have been congregating in the ruined city of Hothric in the harsh plains of central Salvar. Usually creatures who live and prey alone, many of the locals are disturbed by this convergence and fear that something darker and more powerful must be luring them there. Nearby tribes and towns have suffered more deaths from vampire attacks during the past several weeks and are eager to be rid of the menace. Travel to the ruins of Hothric and discover what has been drawing the vampires there. Once you know, you may destroy them or join them as you see fit. No matter what your eventual intentions are, they are not likely to warm to outsiders.
Score 65+: Prevalida weapon of choice*, 2 Salvar Reputation.

#4: A group of nearly twenty city-dwellers have renounced all but their simplest possessions and left Knife's Edge for good, claiming that they wish to live as the tribes of Salvar live. They've headed northwest over the mountains and into the plains of central Salvar, wandering about and surviving as if they were simply another band of tribal nomads. The government of Salvar considers this act a great embarrassment and would greatly like to see these people returned to their families in the city. The runaways, however, are quite happy with their new lifestyle. Many real local tribes have taken a liking to them--and would likely not be pleased if they were taken back.
Score 65+: Sea-serpent scale armor piece**, 2 Salvar Reputation.

* This means a prevalida melee weapon—a sword, a mace, an axe, etc. Not a gun. If you want something like throwing stars or knives, you get three.

** If you want to get a helm or a breast plate, you get one. If you want boots, gloves, gauntlets, pauldrons, greaves, etc., you can have two.

Rheawien
09-02-06, 08:37 PM
Rheawien will be all over those vampires in #3. If somebody wants to join me, PM me and we'll work something out. :)

Ashiakin
09-02-06, 08:41 PM
It's yours. Edited!

Séreméla
09-15-06, 11:24 PM
Yeah so I need to get back to questing and I would like to do #1...it would be nice to get back into the swing of things with a storyline already partly made up.

Ashiakin
09-15-06, 11:36 PM
Sure thing. Edited!

Séreméla
11-14-06, 03:13 PM
Quest (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=2688&page=2) Quest completed but I still need the extra spoils approved by either you or Sighter.

Ashiakin
11-14-06, 08:45 PM
I'll see that the extra stuff gets added.

Séreméla
11-20-06, 01:09 PM
Hey I think I will take number 4 too, it'll fit in with my main quest since I am already around the northern part of Salvar and near an unmarked village.

Jahl
12-09-06, 04:06 PM
I believe that I will be taking nuber 2, I'll incorporate it into my solo thats already in Salvar, called an inner being (if that's ok of course)