PDA

View Full Version : The Cell OOC Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3

Max Dirks
09-17-13, 11:09 AM
Guys, the Cell is here. I'm shocked that there are only 13 participants so far. Without Sei and I participating, you might actually be able to win.

Feel free to talk some crap here. New folks, I really think you should join. The time limits aren't that daunting, as characters tend to drop fast ;)

Breaker
09-17-13, 12:07 PM
Question: if we join with multiple characters, is there any sort of guarantee they won't all end up in the same chamber first round, or is it completely random? Thanks.

Max Dirks
09-17-13, 12:20 PM
It's always random!

Ashla
09-17-13, 01:15 PM
The "Cell" thread is the one with all those prison camps, right? ... No thank you :P

Max Dirks
09-17-13, 01:19 PM
But you could easily poop on numbers, Blue Ghost. He sucks!

Ashla
09-17-13, 01:23 PM
But you could easily poop on numbers, Blue Ghost. He sucks!

???

Ashla
09-17-13, 01:24 PM
Okay, so it isn't the one with the prison camp xP

I don't know if I have the time to play though (school)

Silence Sei
09-17-13, 01:42 PM
You could at least give it a shot. Anyone who can throw out at least 5 or more posts will get experience, which is calculated by the highest level person in the thread. That's a pretty substantial bonus for people.

Silence Sei
09-17-13, 01:44 PM
Also, while we can not promise that multiples won't be in the same cell, you have my word that I will try to make the set-ups as fair as possible with what the randomizer gives me.

Ashla
09-17-13, 01:52 PM
Okay then, I'll look at the thread again and see if I could join. I'd like to

Witchblade
09-17-13, 03:58 PM
I'm honestly not to keen on the time limit. I remember the last time I participated in The Cell it was 48 hours and that was hard enough. I have school and a full time job, plus friends. 24 hours is not a lot of time. Frankly, there are moments when I'm not on althy for two or even three days cause I'm busy. With life.

Enigmatic Immortal
09-17-13, 04:17 PM
i know I won't be able to make it every 24 hours, but you know what? I'll be trying, because dammit I need ONE tournament victory under my belt.

Max Dirks
09-17-13, 04:27 PM
The time limit is awesome!

Part of the magic of this tournament is that it focuses on brevity. You could easily participate if you dedicate 30 minutes per day to the cause. The question, of course, is how good of a post can you churn out in that timeframe? In this tournament noobs can easily out write vets. I love it!

Also, I'll be doing gambling as well, with fun bets like "First DQ" and "First Death"!

Enigmatic Immortal
09-17-13, 04:28 PM
I'll put money on first death, die, and respawn! Hah!

Breaker
09-17-13, 04:38 PM
I'll put money on first death, die, and respawn! Hah!

Yeah, gambling on IC happenings seems a bit easy to metagame. Looking forward to winning me some gold, either way.

Unless you meant first DQ and first kill, which would be a bit better, but still easy to plan between two people.

Ashla
09-17-13, 05:01 PM
I'm honestly not to keen on the time limit. I remember the last time I participated in The Cell it was 48 hours and that was hard enough. I have school and a full time job, plus friends. 24 hours is not a lot of time. Frankly, there are moments when I'm not on althy for two or even three days cause I'm busy. With life.
Yes! Exactly! (Except I don't have a job) but school is hard enough :P Doing the 24 hour thing is gonna be tricky

Enigmatic Immortal
09-17-13, 05:19 PM
So...numbers...you wanna stab me?

Mordelain
09-17-13, 05:42 PM
if you can't commit to the rules of a tournament, one with substantial rewards, don't enter*.

*so I can win :cool:

Rayse Valentino
09-17-13, 06:16 PM
What if you make a post vs someone, and they reply right after you, then they get DQ'd cuz they didn't reply in time, do you basically have a few minutes to post before you're out as well?

Silence Sei
09-17-13, 06:18 PM
Those situations will be handled on a case-by-case basis. That being said, you will more likely than not get a small extension if that's the case.

Max Dirks
09-19-13, 07:30 AM
We need MORE CHALLENGERS!

Otto
09-19-13, 07:47 AM
Sorry. Overcommitted and not interested.

Hysteria
09-19-13, 07:51 AM
http://www.my-favorite-coloring.net/Images/Small/Famous-characters-Troll-face-Challenge-accepted-140949.png

BlackAndBlueEyes
09-19-13, 07:53 AM
>> sees 24-hour time limit between posts
>> looks at his track record

nope.avi

Max Dirks
09-19-13, 08:04 AM
You sit in chat for at least 4 hours a day, implying you have some freetime. Do it. The Cell needs a babe.

BlackAndBlueEyes
09-19-13, 08:11 AM
It's more like ten hours, actually... Just most of it's while I'm at work :P

I'll see what my schedule looks like here in a bit and think it over.

Max Dirks
09-19-13, 08:46 AM
Excellent! Remember you don't have to write 10 Microsoft Word page epics per post in the Cell. Everyone is on a time crunch, so there's a slight decline in quality. If I recall, you have pretty decent brevity which should help immensely!

Max Dirks
09-20-13, 11:05 AM
We need like four more participants to make this badass. Surely there are four of you who would love to poop on the existing registrants. Don't be shy.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
09-20-13, 11:07 AM
Let's try a different tactic:

There are bound to be four people out there who want to kick Aur's smug face in?

Witchblade
09-20-13, 04:57 PM
Oh oh oh!!!!

*raises hand and jumps up and down excitedly*

:p

Prophet
09-20-13, 05:22 PM
Hi.

*Subtly pulls out a sword*

Witchblade
09-22-13, 07:49 AM
If we need a couple more characters, I suggest pushing back the deadline from tonight until later on in the week. I don't think anyone will have a meltdown over it being postponed a bit, and we have a new player who may be interested in joining The Cell, once they get their sheet approved.

Prophet
09-22-13, 08:41 AM
Cec i believe...

Max Dirks
09-23-13, 09:25 AM
Hey everyone, I just wanted to jump in to tell you all of your profiles & bazaar threads will be completed prior to the start of the Cell if you post them by Thursday this week. Gambling will also be put up in the next day or two with some spreads and fun bets.

Roht Mirage
09-24-13, 01:09 PM
You are all cordially invited... to make my character's first Cell a waking nightmare.

Linky (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?25978-The-Cell-Hangover-Edition)

Breaker
09-27-13, 04:04 PM
I have some questions about the Ella chamber... what's the nature of the invisible dome? Is it unbreakable so we can smash up against it, or is it like a line that you get DQ'd for crossing? Also, are the dozens of people outside it just standing around, or are they on bleachers or something? And lastly, can I assume that when the battle starts (at high noon) there won't be any more shadows of trees in the arena?

Max Dirks
09-27-13, 04:15 PM
Oh yeah, you were the one who tried to break the last Cell. Breaker literally broke the Cell.

Classic!

Warpath
09-27-13, 04:35 PM
I have some questions about the Ella chamber... what's the nature of the invisible dome? Is it unbreakable so we can smash up against it, or is it like a line that you get DQ'd for crossing? Also, are the dozens of people outside it just standing around, or are they on bleachers or something? And lastly, can I assume that when the battle starts (at high noon) there won't be any more shadows of trees in the arena?

Also how do you exit and enter the arena? Are there gates/doors? What do they look like? Is there anything demarking where the dome begins or how high it goes? Does the dome extend underground?

I'm sure I'll think of more, let's just start with this.

Rayse Valentino
09-27-13, 04:44 PM
Word of warning: If you try to do anything to the setting it will be considered powergaming. Half the people were accused of that in the last Cell.

Solar Haven
09-27-13, 04:48 PM
i am assuming it is the same barrier in all chambers. The Anita Chamber also has a Magical dome. is it considered 'natural' like it uses nature magic? or just magic in general?

i know it probably sound's weird but with my magic i need that answer.

Also hoorah for being literally unknown in this cell! i guess that gives me a bonus for IC fun... i don't even get a fancy sentence in the intro post!

i am liking this!

Dissinger
09-27-13, 05:05 PM
Word of warning: If you try to do anything to the setting it will be considered powergaming. Half the people were accused of that in the last Cell.

Then someone started a riot in another cell and won the entire damn tournament. Take this advice with a grain of salt and talk with Sei to see what would and would not be considered power gaming.

Luned
09-27-13, 07:16 PM
I'd like to know how they got into the Emma chamber as well, and if there are starting positions which should be noted.

Hysteria
09-27-13, 08:13 PM
I just realised there are three Ixian's in the Anita Chamber and Homunculus, self-described Ixian killer.... this is going to be interesting...

Amber Eyes
09-27-13, 09:41 PM
Sei should be off work shortly to answer any questions but I will try to clarify the dome issue. It is made out of mystic light magic, and should be invisible to anyone who doesn't have an eye for magic. Also...it is made out of the type of magic Kyla uses and I was still told that if I tried to mess with it I would be docked...so that's probably not a good idea.

Les Misérables
09-27-13, 09:53 PM
But what if say, someone gets thrown into the dome? Would they bounce off, get zapped, go through and get DQ'd? I'm not looking to mess with it, I just want to know what happens when people inevitably run into it. (Just to clarify the question for sei, if you don't know)

Hysteria
09-27-13, 10:03 PM
I plan to use mine as a solid barrier, a more solid form of Sei's Mystic Protection.

Silence Sei
09-27-13, 10:17 PM
The Cell is magic, think of it as a giant, impenetrable bubble. It does extend underground and it is treated as a wall, people can be pushed up against it and nothing living (Or unloving in Gronds case) can enter or exit once the Cell begins unless Sei wills it so. The only crowd with 'bleachers' at all is the Anita Chamber, which has castle walls that people are on top of getting a better angle of the action. The rest of the crowds just lounging around on the ground or standing up, as if it were some sort of underground fight club. The barrier can not be broken by any means.

And Solar, my bad for forgetting you. If you'd like, I can edit you in, or keep it as is and make it seem like a surprise when one more person comes in that Cell. Your choice.

Silence Sei
09-27-13, 10:27 PM
And to answer Numbers' question, yes, depending on how long the fight remains in the Ella Chamber, the shadows will be gone at high noon, and slowly start returning as the sun moves.

Breaker
09-27-13, 11:58 PM
Thanks! Hopefully my last one... are we allowed to post more than once every twenty four hours? There's a chance I may want to on occasion in order to properly exploit Josh's speed advantage :P

Rayse Valentino
09-28-13, 12:27 AM
Was it answered if we started inside the arena or do we have to enter it ourselves? So you can mention seeing everyone else in the first post and such?

Silence Sei
09-28-13, 12:45 AM
Breaker; Yes that's absolutely fine.

Rayse; You have to enter the arena.

Abomination
09-28-13, 01:34 AM
How do you enter it? Are there gates, doors, do people just jump down a large height from the walls?

Silence Sei
09-28-13, 06:32 AM
Walk through it, it's just like a bubble, only a bubble that seals you in once you get inside. No doors, no windows, and a jump from the walls is optional.

Cicilix
09-29-13, 09:08 AM
Hiya! Just wanted to pop in and say hello. And to say that I absolutely love the description I got in the intro post :D

Enigmatic Immortal
09-29-13, 09:22 PM
I got both my posts ready. :D

So in pacific time, does that mean the cell starts at 9? (Cali time)

Roht Mirage
09-29-13, 10:45 PM
Pacific time should be 10. Mountain time would be 11.

Enigmatic Immortal
09-29-13, 11:15 PM
Well, depends on if we all have to wait until the midnight of our own regions. Confusion abounds.

Mage Hunter
09-29-13, 11:26 PM
Start killing each other Monday, September 30th, at 12:01AM Central Standard Time.

Assume 10:01 PST I believe.

Enigmatic Immortal
09-29-13, 11:58 PM
Can we post now?

Resolve
09-30-13, 12:09 AM
"Perhaps a bit on the edgy side, she quickly commenced to throw it with bone-shattering force and respectable accuracy toward whoever glanced her way first." –– Anyone in the Emma Chamber, feel free to use that as an excuse to start something!

Mage Hunter
09-30-13, 12:21 AM
Sorry puking up my guts, feel free to try to take advantage of it if you wish, if no one takes you up on that I'll take the throw resolve.

For those unsure of what happened, null magic triggered when Drusilia went through the barrier. She briefly weakened it. (due to the nature of what she is) No, this is not license to destroy the barrier by the time she puked it was already back at full strength. (This would be in keeping with the idea of not destroying the magical barrier to prevent power gaming) This is one of the two uses of Null magic she has going for her.

The second thing is Drusilia came into contact with magic and therefore reacted appropriately.

Silence Sei
09-30-13, 12:44 AM
To answer the time question, The Cell started 43 minutes ago.

Honestly, haven't you people heard of google?

Hysteria
09-30-13, 05:43 AM
Ima get my slash and hack on.

Viva la cell! Viva la cell!

Aurelianus Drak'shal
09-30-13, 06:14 AM
Sorry puking up my guts, feel free to try to take advantage of it if you wish, if no one takes you up on that I'll take the throw resolve.

Mine mine mine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de2qxqScgzY)

Herald of the Tempest
09-30-13, 11:20 AM
Attacking you Cicilix, because that seems the most advantageous to us. We both are level 1's, so let's go kill ourselves....and hopefully drag it out to the end of the battle...

Cicilix
09-30-13, 11:22 AM
Oh god, I was hoping everyone would just wave her off as someone not worth the trouble... xD But whatever, bring it on!

Resolve
09-30-13, 12:42 PM
Look out, Amber Eyes. ; ) Let's see how poor of a decision Resolve made in choosing Kyla... I have a feeling she's bitten off more than she can chew, but in an awesome way.

Roht Mirage
09-30-13, 01:02 PM
Astarelle's staff is up for grabs, provided you can reach it in time. Keep in mind that she hasn't stopped trying to summon it. Once someone gets it free, it will try to go to her. At the moment, the pull is about half as strong as if she were physically wrenching on it.

EDIT: Also, it's as durable as iron. If you are strong enough to break iron... please don't. Pretty please. :(

Arden
09-30-13, 01:28 PM
Let us do this!

Crafters Three
09-30-13, 03:03 PM
Anyone can hit me, PREFREBLY nobody above level 2, as that would overall be a 1 hit kill, especially with EI and TH.

Breaker
09-30-13, 03:13 PM
The time for talk is over! Lets bruise some bones and break some hearts.

Enigmatic Immortal
09-30-13, 03:16 PM
How? How can I one hit kill anyone? Good sir, I'm only I think 2x Str. Lol

Tourneymant
09-30-13, 04:41 PM
Oh, come on people ATTACK THE ZOMBIE ALREADY!

Prophet
09-30-13, 04:44 PM
If i can get permission to post, on my other account mayhaps, i can.

Silence Sei
09-30-13, 08:32 PM
Post as many times as you want, dude. It not only may help your score (as you'll be able to continuously add details per post), but also reset your 24 hour timer.

Dr. Why
09-30-13, 08:37 PM
Im taking about grond, as he is rather boerd i think.

Witchblade
09-30-13, 08:44 PM
Yeah sorry, Reine's not into zombies and she's a defensive character. She'll keep tot he shadows for now.

black shadow
09-30-13, 08:49 PM
Trees eh? Hey that's my spot!

Prophet
09-30-13, 09:51 PM
I need to start posting on the right account.

Chelley
10-01-13, 01:27 AM
Sei, where does it say that everyone has to have posted within 24 hours of it starting? The only time rule you posted was that they must post within 24 hours of THEIR post.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-01-13, 04:58 AM
I thought it was set back to 30 hours?

Or didn't that go through?

Witchblade
10-01-13, 05:42 AM
Whooo! I'm being ignored in my cell!

Prophet
10-01-13, 06:01 AM
Do Grim and BGoS count as DQs?

Roht Mirage
10-01-13, 06:24 AM
Whooo! I'm being ignored in my cell!

I'm sorry. I can't see you behind the giant and the overwhelming loss of dignity. We'll do something soon. =)

Also, I would like to send my heartfelt thanks to hoytti for being the best sport with my hangover experiment. That was pure gold right there, buddy.

The Inventor
10-01-13, 06:44 AM
Thanks, I thought so to. If you remember, Barnabas also did have a grudge, he just will wait it out because everyone else has a bigger bone to pick with you.

Silence Sei
10-01-13, 06:54 AM
Sei, where does it say that everyone has to have posted within 24 hours of it starting? The only time rule you posted was that they must post within 24 hours of THEIR post.

That's always been the rule of the Cell. 24 hours, cut and dry. Some people even made it 48, but the contestants must make their post within their time limit from when the tourney begins.

I thought it was set back to 30 hours?

Or didn't that go through?

It did not go through. If there had been a severe lack of posts, the time probably would have been extended. Seeing how all but 2 people posted within the limit, and some of them such as yourself managed to post -twice- within said limit (hoytti clocked it at 3 times with that zombie of his, EI and Abomination also had 3-4 each), it seems as though there is no real issue with the 24 hour limit.

]Do Grim and BGoS count as DQs?

Yes they do.

Roht Mirage
10-01-13, 11:26 AM
Important question for everyone in Ella to see:

Hoytti, is it raining everywhere in the Ella cell now? Your profile says the rain falls in a 5 mile radius for one hour, so I assume we'll be getting a bath.

Breaker
10-01-13, 11:29 AM
Important question for everyone in Ella to see:

Hoytti, is it raining everywhere in the Ella cell now? Your profile says the rain falls in a 5 mile radius for one hour, so I assume we'll be getting a bath.

Follow up question for Sei: will the rain come through the shield or slide down the outside?

Silence Sei
10-01-13, 11:31 AM
Neither, the rain is stuck in the chamber with you guys. If it covers a 5 mile radius, well then....

Guess I hope you guys brought swim trunks o.o;

Breaker
10-01-13, 11:32 AM
Bwahahaha, this should be fun.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-01-13, 11:37 AM
Especially when you splash down with all that force. :P

Can you say 'tidal wave'?

Roht Mirage
10-01-13, 11:39 AM
It's official, then.

Rain drops are falling on my head
Here with the folks who all will soon be dead

hoytti
10-01-13, 11:45 AM
Yes! More of an advantage for Sorish! He lives under water HAHAHA! one hour should make it flood at least three feet if not more since it's stuck in the dome.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-01-13, 11:47 AM
That's providing the fight lasts an hour. :P

Silence Sei
10-01-13, 11:48 AM
The dome in the Ella chamber is roughly a football field long/wide (American football field).

So you're going a lot higher than 3 feet.

Breaker
10-01-13, 11:56 AM

So far I think I'm the only one to take damage in the Ella Chamber. Could be awhile.

Silence Sei
10-01-13, 12:08 PM

Not true, in theory, a miles(1.6km for you non Mericans) worth of rainclouds in a dome the size of the football field means the whole arena is filled with clouds. That means there doesn't have to be any hour of rain. They -are- the rain. And there's 5 miles of rain. I may just have to allow some of those clouds to go outside the chamber.

hoytti
10-01-13, 12:27 PM
I got hit by rocks as your hammer smashed the ground the second time, and since it only left bruises, I won't heal from those any faster then a normal human.

Abomination
10-01-13, 12:49 PM
I'm paying 100g for every Ixian head dislodged from their bodies.

This is only payable once per unique Ixian.

Enigmatic Immortal
10-01-13, 01:50 PM
Being honest here peeps, today is my last day to crank out posts then I have to work the rest of the week.

Abomination
10-01-13, 01:57 PM
Oh? I'll be on tonight then if you want to exit like a badass. I was actually expecting to lose to you. Also check your PMs.

Witchblade
10-01-13, 02:03 PM
Yay, finally I can get in on some of the action!

You ready for some Crouching Tiger, Hidden DRagon shit, Numbers?

Are you ready!?

Enigmatic Immortal
10-01-13, 02:19 PM
I just sent out a PM to all Anita Cell members. (Giggity)

I got a great plan in works, but we all need to work together.

Enigmatic Immortal
10-01-13, 02:20 PM
DOUBLE POST

Sei, if I crank out ten posts, finish in a suitable manner, and it's not a rush job, can I feasibly not be DQ'd if an ending is in sight?

Breaker
10-01-13, 03:39 PM
This is just a quick props post to the tournament officials, staff team, and everyone participating. It took me a post or two to warm up, but I think this is the most fun I've had in a tournament, or any feature for that matter. Thanks for reminding me what Althanas is about y'all!

And you cats not participating are cool too, keep the regions humming!

Prophet
10-01-13, 04:17 PM
They must DIE.

Abomination
10-01-13, 04:27 PM
Prophet, you seem mighty bored from the lack of attention. Don't worry, my next post will address this situation.

Silence Sei
10-01-13, 04:41 PM
DOUBLE POST

Sei, if I crank out ten posts, finish in a suitable manner, and it's not a rush job, can I feasibly not be DQ'd if an ending is in sight?

If you finish and specify your concluding post, no dq.

Abomination
10-01-13, 04:55 PM
In the Anita Chamber, is the dome in front of the walls, behind them, or inside them? I see people damaging the walls.

Silence Sei
10-01-13, 05:41 PM
Just in front of them, I thought I specified that nobody would be able to take out the walls.

Abomination
10-01-13, 05:46 PM
That's what I thought. It's a bit late for the others but I would chalk it up to a misunderstanding.

Enigmatic Immortal
10-01-13, 05:54 PM
I did misinterpret that Sei. Is there any allowance to let them in otherwise I think everyone needs to do some editing pronto

Silence Sei
10-01-13, 06:08 PM
You guys need to edit, destroying the walls would essentially be causing the foundations under the spectators to collapse.

The only people I saw mention wall chunks was EI and Prophet, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Prophet
10-01-13, 06:13 PM
Mine was old, yet i can edit into a rock, i think a barren wasteland arena, is just. Eugh.

Enigmatic Immortal
10-01-13, 07:51 PM
Just need to edit prophets post, have Arden swoop in and we can put a fork in this!

Witchblade
10-01-13, 08:10 PM
I totally just aimed a spear thrust at black shadow's twig and berries. :p

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-01-13, 08:11 PM
I approve of this!!

Warpath
10-01-13, 08:12 PM
Thank you for distracting her, BS, that is not a fate I wanted for Flint.

Prophet
10-01-13, 08:13 PM
Stabbing Arden is a last resort. Anyone up for killing me? He's currently sitting on a rock.

Witchblade
10-01-13, 08:26 PM
Thank you for distracting her, BS, that is not a fate I wanted for Flint.

Haha, you're lucky that BS shot at her, because Fae was totally going for you at that moment! Could be your twig and berries on the line. Bwahahahahahaha!!!!

black shadow
10-01-13, 08:38 PM
And you will hit your target. Painful thing for me! But if Shadow is anything like I am, the. He will just fall tp a knee and get up shortly. shouldnt take him long to get back up. And a flood is coming thanks to my brother! This is a very interesting tourney!

Breaker
10-01-13, 09:26 PM
Can we get an official ruling on the water level in Ella Chamber? Hoytti jumped it to about thigh hight on Cronen, and if we keep that going by the end of my post it should be close to drowning levels for the shorter characters. I'm perfectly fine with playing that out, but I thought we'd at least let Warpath get another post in before he's completely under water. Please let me know ASAP!

edit: that's assuming he continues at one post a day, which seems to me like it should be a legitimate strategy.

Tourneymant
10-01-13, 09:52 PM
I'd say it took a few minutes to reach that height after all, he had to pull out your icicles from his sides as well as his feet.

Silence Sei
10-01-13, 10:09 PM
As it stands right now, it's thigh high. I will make a post tonight to increase the water level, however.

hoytti
10-01-13, 10:16 PM
okay.

Witchblade
10-02-13, 04:30 AM
Waiting on BS, hopefully he doesn't take too long. I have limited time during the day to post and don't want to get DQ'd, so I'll be forced to post again unless he does something soon.

Arden
10-02-13, 11:12 AM
Prophet dear, come play with me!

Enigmatic Immortal
10-02-13, 01:30 PM
BOOM! headshot.

First death goes to, ironically, the Immortal?

Mordelain
10-02-13, 01:52 PM
You usually blow your load first :cool:

Breaker
10-02-13, 02:17 PM
Breaker leaped horizontally off the wall, diving headfirst between the zombie and the seaman with all his might. His arms outstretched like the wings of a soaring dragon as he angled to smash the necks of both brutes in a deadly double clothesline.

Welcome to Smackdown City!

... if it hits.

Prophet
10-02-13, 02:32 PM
He has a knife in his back, that's easy enough to remedy. Stabbash time!

Warpath
10-02-13, 03:02 PM
We now have an atomic dropkick and a double clothesline out in the Ella Chamber.

Best chamber ever.

Silence Sei
10-02-13, 03:19 PM
Waitin on that Insiguri and the Twist of Fate, guys.

Breaker
10-02-13, 03:26 PM
You guys TOTALLY missed my pélé, didn't you? Oh well, it missed too :P

Still figuring out how to set up that S lock...

hoytti
10-02-13, 03:29 PM
Hey Sei, if you are going to flag me for Power gaming you have to explain why so that I don't do it again, especially when it comes to the one with Timothy Gold. I do not know where you got power gaming in that thread, but until you do explain I'm calling favoritism!

Silence Sei
10-02-13, 03:41 PM
Emma chamber - blocked a gernade sized explosion with just your shield, and the shield is still intact.

Ella - Sorish took two icicles throw his feet, something that would make any character almost completely unable to walk, and you wrote it as a slight inconvience. Gold is 7 feet tall and 0 pounds, but there is no way he would be able to just 'walk' on the water there would be some part of him submerged.

hoytti
10-02-13, 04:10 PM
Your right about Barnabas, I could easily fix that, he could have his feet be slightly under but due to him being weightless it wouldn't be enough to completely submerge his feet.

I could also disable Sorish slightly, I am one of those who have enough time for edits in the cell.

Timothy saw the lightning head his way. Guess that answers that question, he thought as he pulled out his rapier, put it into the ground and jumped back just as the lightning hit his makeshift lightning rod. After all the lightning had entered the earth, Timothy walked forward and pulled the rapier out of the ground and sheathed it.

He also sheathed his short sword then saw the one who attacked him duck. He saw a strange orb form behind the other girl and knew this was bad he opened a portal in between the girl and the explosive as the exit portal appeared right behind the mystic that attacked him. The explosion traveled through the portal, right at the mystic. After the the explosion went through, the portal closed and Timothy was exhausted, he knew he wouldn't be able to make another one for about two hours, but it was worth it to gain an ally in this cell.

I don't see any mention of a shield, I used a portal to change the direction of the explosion that's it.

If you are talking about this

Timothy saw the glass fly towards him at speeds that seemed impossible. With one quick motion, Timothy pulled his shield in front of him and ducked behind it, as the glass shattered on his shield. I'm glad I brought this thing with me, but I think it's about time that we join in on this party. But who to pick?

Then you should know that there was no mention of an explosion, just glass sent his way. He hid behind the shield to block the glass. Nothing else.

Amber Eyes
10-02-13, 05:38 PM
I'm fairly certain he was talking about the original post, there was some confusion when you changed it all.

hoytti
10-02-13, 06:05 PM
oh, I thought I changed it almost instantly. I thought about it and knew that wasn't likely so I changed it.

Prophet
10-02-13, 07:55 PM
Hound? I don't remember reading that you're a mind reader in your profile. He wouldn't hear me mentally commenting on Sei helping me.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-02-13, 07:57 PM
I think that was more artistic flourish, than literal mind-reading.

Witchblade
10-02-13, 08:13 PM
I"m stuck waiting on BS again, whom I'm honestly surprised is still standing after he took a spear thrust to the groin. Even Twitch would find that shit painful.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-02-13, 08:16 PM
Moist-making.. but yes, still hideously painful.

Breaker
10-02-13, 08:28 PM
Hoytti: I'm afraid I don't quite understand your post. Is Sorish attacking Josh, or are you saying he will dodge and stab only if/when Josh attacks him first? It sounds like it's an only if situation, but I wanted to be sure.

hoytti
10-02-13, 08:31 PM
He will only dodge and stab when/if he attacks.

I'll try to make that clearer.

black shadow
10-02-13, 08:50 PM
Sorry whitchblade, I just did that two sentence post to ensure I would not get DQd, I'll edit it ASAP

Witchblade
10-02-13, 08:53 PM
Well, if you edit yours, then I have to edit mine because I did my reaction based off of your reaction. :S

black shadow
10-02-13, 08:54 PM
I'm just making it longer. more descriptive, stuff like that. the basics of it shall be the same though.

Witchblade
10-02-13, 08:57 PM
All right, as long as you're not dramatically changing anything that would negate what I wrote, 'cause that's just mean!

Also, please respond soon! I'm heading to bed and I'm working 12 hours tomorrow, I need to be able to get a post out before I get DQ'd.

black shadow
10-02-13, 09:06 PM
just posted, your turn, I died. Have fun killing the others though!

Arden
10-02-13, 09:50 PM
Aurelianus is correct.

It's 'artistic flourish', Arden is pulling strings. He cannot read minds.

Breaker
10-03-13, 12:57 AM
Quick message for fellow Ella Chamber participants:

Based on about 15 minutes of web research I concluded muddy water may be the most conductive kind, and I portrayed it accordingly in my post. However this is still just an attack like any other so effectiveness is completely up to each of you individually. The ability I used is usually employed by Josh first "charging" himself, and then automatically discharging when he touches something conductive. There is no "charge time" required though, and in this case, since he was standing in water, the charge/discharge occurred simultaneously. I had literally never considered what would happen if Josh used that ability in water, until the arena started flooding.

Hysteria
10-03-13, 02:38 AM
And I'm out!

Probably should have died a few posts ago, but how could I not stay to see Jensen's head explode? In fact, that thread now has three head explosions. Totally the leader of head-to-mush activities.

Solar Haven
10-03-13, 02:52 AM
and the bloodiest chamber i believe... even if it is just my corpse being ripped in half spraying blood everywhere

Enigmatic Immortal
10-03-13, 03:06 AM
We all did great. Head explosions for everyone!

Abomination
10-03-13, 03:10 AM
If I win I request my custom title to be changed to Professional Head Exploder.

Witchblade
10-03-13, 04:23 AM
Quick message for fellow Ella Chamber participants:

Based on about 15 minutes of web research I concluded muddy water may be the most conductive kind, and I portrayed it accordingly in my post. However this is still just an attack like any other so effectiveness is completely up to each of you individually. The ability I used is usually employed by Josh first "charging" himself, and then automatically discharging when he touches something conductive. There is no "charge time" required though, and in this case, since he was standing in water, the charge/discharge occurred simultaneously. I had literally never considered what would happen if Josh used that ability in water, until the arena started flooding.

I guess it's safe to assume I'll be okay since I'm walking on the water in boots? o.O

Prophet
10-03-13, 05:37 AM
So. I will kill you BOTH if you wait JUST long enough to get me DQd. And Sei, how was I powergaming, i didnt expect actual help, that's (cheating?)

hoytti
10-03-13, 07:30 AM
Well Sorish is out, and as for Barnabas, I think I will end him soon, you should know that that electricity is still in the water, thus you will also have to deal with the shock of it as well now that you don't have that built up energy.

Silence Sei
10-03-13, 09:45 AM
So. I will kill you BOTH if you wait JUST long enough to get me DQd. And Sei, how was I powergaming, i didnt expect actual help, that's (cheating?)

At that point, you had spent two posts with a sword that had pierced your heart. Not even Sei would be able to go survive more than that. Furthermore, you're acting as if it never happened to begin with.

Breaker
10-03-13, 11:12 AM
Witchy: That's what Josh assumed as well, but I left it up to you :P

Warpath: Describing it "like chain lightning" was a simile and possibly hyperbole. But given the fact that ordinary humans can survive a lightning strike and Josh's profile defines the current as able to kill someone twice as hearty as a normal human, it is reasonable to assume it's more powerful than a lightning strike.

Regardless, based on Flint's threshold for damage he probably wouldn't have died even if standing right next to Josh, and I think EVERYONE did a great job playing the effects. From Josh's perspective it seemed certain to kill everyone, but that's because Josh is used to everyone being so much less hardcore than he.

Surprises for everyone in this Cell ;)

Warpath
10-03-13, 11:19 AM
Fair enough!

This is nice though, I just found out that Flint has a particular aversion to both drowning and electric shock, both of which will probably remain relevant forever.

Breaker
10-03-13, 11:28 AM
Yay, scarring killers for life!

He doesn't just break the bodies...

Prophet
10-03-13, 02:16 PM
He's dropping dead next post anyways, so, i figured i might as well have a stab at Arden.

Prophet
10-03-13, 07:52 PM
I'm sorta up for a bit more fighting. Would it be possible for two or three of us to get 20 minutes ICly resurrects, and just battle it out?

Mage Hunter
10-03-13, 08:23 PM
For those of you who want the TL : DR of each cell here is the themes rampant through them...

Anita Chamber - "HEAD ASPLODEY!"
Ella Chamber - "WATER WATER EVERYWHERE!"
Emma Chamber - "MURNADO!"

Breaker
10-03-13, 10:52 PM
Oh no, attack of opportunity! He's on roller skates! FINISH HIM!

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-03-13, 10:54 PM
I'm sorta up for a bit more fighting. Would it be possible for two or three of us to get 20 minutes ICly resurrects, and just battle it out?

That's doubtful. If you want more fighting, best bet is just start a Citadel thread.

Mage Hunter
10-03-13, 11:51 PM
Emma chamber is done, what a roller coaster!

Silence Sei
10-03-13, 11:55 PM
So Anita finishes first, Emma comes in second...

And it looks like baby Ella is coming in third.

Ironic that that's also how the ages of the girls go, oldest to youngest.

Dissinger
10-04-13, 04:48 AM
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?26024-New-Game!-Pick-the-theme-song-for-each-Cell-Chamber

I'm just going to drop this here and tell everyone who's enjoyed the show to get to work. Lots of gold on the line for this one...

Witchblade
10-04-13, 04:53 AM
All right, I have to go to work, but if Numbers will be patient and give me the next post, I shall have it up in a couple of hours. I'll try to shove it up on my cell while at work.

Let's see if we can't kill this brute of a man who stares at underage girl's asses. :p

Breaker
10-04-13, 10:59 AM
Haha, he didn't know, he swears he didn't know! Hehe... I considered ninjaing you during the 8 hours I spent not sleeping last night... but it wouldn't be much of an attack of opportunity that way ;P no bunnying though please.

edit: Urgh, just noticed that when you said 'in a couple hours' that was about six hours ago... I'm gonna give you as much time as I can, but I'll need to post by around 4pm cuz I've got an appointment I can't break tonight. Hope you can post it soon :S

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-04-13, 11:06 AM
I leave for five minutes, and wind up castrated?

:P I approve!

I even have Aur's smart-arsed remark planned out for when we meet again Diss. ;)

Luned
10-04-13, 11:20 AM
It's tempting to do a solo just about Luned hearing what happened. She might throw a party.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-04-13, 02:14 PM
You forget.. this means now he gets to replace it with something even creepier than before. ;)

Dissinger
10-04-13, 04:10 PM
I'm pretty sure the monks will sew it back on and heal it. No rot crotch for you.

Ashla
10-04-13, 04:36 PM
Thanks to something that kept me off for a while I MISSED IT ALL!!! :'(

Dissinger
10-04-13, 04:44 PM
Not all, the first round is finishing up Ghost. Feel free to read the cells because there is another round of this happening at the least, two at most.

Ashla
10-04-13, 04:45 PM
Not all, the first round is finishing up Ghost. Feel free to read the cells because there is another round of this happening at the least, two at most.
THANK GOODNESS! :D YAY! Thank you!! Now I'm not feeling like Grumpy Cat anymore xD
*Goes to reading*

Enigmatic Immortal
10-04-13, 04:53 PM
I think that the most story driven cell is the Anita. The most destructive and violent was the Emma. And the Ella was the most random cell. Kudos!

Witchblade
10-04-13, 05:01 PM
Haha, it is definitely random in Ella. XD

Ashla
10-04-13, 05:23 PM
And how do I register for the next round(s)?

Witchblade
10-04-13, 05:36 PM
You can't, registration is over with, The next round(s) are only for those people who score high enough to continue.

Ashla
10-04-13, 05:58 PM
You can't, registration is over with, The next round(s) are only for those people who score high enough to continue.

Dang it!

Witchblade
10-05-13, 09:59 AM
Hey Sei, what kind of reprieve are we getting between rounds?

I need a break to catch up on my other threads! lol XD The Cell took up all of my posting time.

Mordelain
10-05-13, 11:51 AM
5 days I believe.

Silence Sei
10-05-13, 02:30 PM
Actually, it just depends. but anywhere from 3-5 days is the norm depending on when you guys in Ella finish.

Warpath
10-05-13, 02:36 PM
I think we'll probably wrap this up over today and maybe tomorrow. I don't expect any of us to last too much longer against Breaker.

Witchblade
10-05-13, 03:08 PM
Yeah, thee's no way Fae can block that last shot. She's fast, but she ain't that fast. Once I have the time, I'll write up her death. Make it as dramatic as I can. :P

Witchblade
10-05-13, 03:43 PM
Double post!

Well, Fae is out for the count. The only thing now is whether someone will give her an honourable death or let her drown in the murky depths of their arena.

Breaker
10-05-13, 11:16 PM
Stop! Conclusion time!

In case anyone didn't notice, Sei made a new post in the Cell Rules Thread, so we'll all have ample time to edit!

Additionally...

Don't read this if you don't want to know how Ella ends...

Oh my God, he's setting up the Twist of Fate! Get out of there, Skovic!

Witchblade
10-06-13, 09:10 AM
Haha, is what you wrote about Faelynn an invitation, Numbers?

Breaker
10-06-13, 05:37 PM
It certainly could be! Was your last post your outro? Sei gave me permission to bring the shield down but I gotta go last.

And fun fact: I dumped all my Cell posts into a word file and found I wrote over 11,000 words for this round. One week. Goddamn.

Witchblade
10-06-13, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I can't imagine being able to throw a better outro post than that together.

Also, Fae needs some hand-to-hand combat training. ;) Now that you've kicked her ass, she may swallow pride and come and ask for it.

Witchblade
10-08-13, 08:07 PM
Double-post!

So, next month, can we host a timed tournament during the weekend of American Thanksgiving? Just to make things fair.

Enigmatic Immortal
10-08-13, 08:26 PM
Canadian holidays don't count. You're not even a real country anyway. Just a providence we put up with as America dictates.

Witchblade
10-09-13, 07:59 PM
Question!

How much time is going by ICly for our characters between rounds?

Silence Sei
10-09-13, 09:45 PM
30 minutes ICly. Just enough time for everyone to get reattached/sewn up/dried out/and reassembled before going into the next chambers.

Enigmatic Immortal
10-09-13, 09:53 PM
Question! How are they being healed? Jensen's immortality is wonky.

Silence Sei
10-09-13, 09:58 PM
Ai'Bron/Aislinn's medical team.

Enigmatic Immortal
10-09-13, 10:53 PM
Appreciate it!

Abomination
10-11-13, 12:56 AM
Okay, here we go:

You made 2000 feet long tables. Is this a mistake? A mile is an absurd amount of distance for a mess hall. There is also no mention of the width of this room. Also, what is under the linoleum flooring?

How far does the barrier extend? Is it just under the ground, along the ground (can't break the flooring), is it before the walls/ceiling? If not, what are the walls/ceiling made out of?

Dissinger
10-11-13, 05:05 AM
Ahem, a mile is 5280 feet. That is all I will say on the matter.

I am however interested in other things like the equipment I get to play with on the table. Is this a clean mess hall, freshly after dinner? What do I have to work with here? We talking lunch, breakfast dinner? Do I get to food fight?

Silence Sei
10-11-13, 07:17 AM
Okay, here we go:

You made 2000 feet long tables. Is this a mistake? A mile is an absurd amount of distance for a mess hall. There is also no mention of the width of this room. Also, what is under the linoleum flooring?

How far does the barrier extend? Is it just under the ground, along the ground (can't break the flooring), is it before the walls/ceiling? If not, what are the walls/ceiling made out of?

It's a mess hall for a super large army dude, one that typically eats at the same time. The barrier is along the flooring so it can't be torn up. The width of the room is about a quarter mile in and of itself. The barrier stops about 100 feet before the walls on the side, and right at the front entrance, and several hundred feet before the actual smorgasboard so the spectators have room to watch. The ceiling is about 30 feet high, and the barrier stops at 25 feet. As such, the competitors can not destroy any walls/ceiling/flooring. However, the tables and whatever could have been possibly left on them before the fight (Serving trays, food, forks/knives), is free game. The timing is around 1:30-2 O clock, so there should be plenty of food laying around from the people who went to eat in the interim between round 1 and 2. There should be leftovers abound.

So yes, food fights are allowed.

Also, this round, the barriers come up -after- everyone gets in. Or after 24 hours, ehichever comes first.

Abomination
10-11-13, 01:46 PM
Central Park is 0.8 miles wide and 2.5 miles long. This mess hall is wider than Central Park.

A mile can contain 17.6 football fields.

It would take ~5 minutes to run from one end of this mess hall to the other. 10-15 minutes to walk. I doubt the spectators can even see what's going on beyond a few hundred feet.

Just some things for perspective.

Silence Sei
10-11-13, 01:56 PM
You let me worry about perspective.

Mordelain
10-11-13, 03:44 PM
I can teleport, so I'll let you guys worry about walking half a mile to get to me :cool:

Lye
10-11-13, 04:21 PM
It was not specified if the hall was completely linear, and should the castle incorporate an outer wall, it is possible that the guard barracks and mess halls can be ran within the walls. If we get nerdy and think of LOTR, those outer walls ran the perimeter of a majority of the marketplaces and living quarters. Considering training fields typically run along these walls also, as well as farms, I still find the mile and a half to be somewhat believable for a fantasy setting. Even if we were talking more of a stronghold than a castle, the inside of the outer wall can still accumulate a total of a mile or more along its circumference. Again, the best place for a mess hall to hold a large number of troops and trainees, in my opinion, would be in a structure as such. Obviously there would have to be arches, columns, or lattice-work to remain structural integrity. On a note for the tables - I can easily see the length of these tables working. Especially if we consider that the tables are made of the paneled redwood. Just press and laminate them all together with a resin, and you have infinitely long tables. Although uncommon, it is still possible. Especially if the owners of the mess hall were extremely vain nobles. It always boils down to whose is longer or bigger, am I right?

Key word for those that "TLDR" is FANTASY...

[P.S] I'm kinda ticked I didn't show up while enrollment for this was still open. Seems like a ton of fun. Any chance for a wildcard round down the road, or is this thing coming to an end?

Enigmatic Immortal
10-11-13, 04:42 PM
Can we rush out the bazaar threads before this round starts? We still got two people I think trying to add last minute purchases. :D

Max Dirks
10-11-13, 05:35 PM
Um, unless Sei decided differently the rule has always been you participate how you start out. Level ups and purchases cannot be used in later rounds.

Dissinger
10-11-13, 06:09 PM
He okayed bazaar threads, not level ups.

Enigmatic Immortal
10-11-13, 10:54 PM
Can we get your ruling Sei, because I got an hour to make this happen. :D

Silence Sei
10-11-13, 11:01 PM
I already said bazaar transactions are fine. I still stand by it.

Enigmatic Immortal
10-11-13, 11:06 PM
Ok, then I hope we get to it! Thanks!

Herald of the Tempest
10-11-13, 11:09 PM
That being said, regardless of getting it or not thank you all for the work.

Roht Mirage
10-12-13, 04:29 AM
Yes. I am having a superb time. Thank you for all this. =)

I assume we'll make our entrances and (if we're polite) not start the actual fighting until Sei posts to create the barrier. Correct?

Mordelain
10-12-13, 04:32 AM
Wishful thinking dear.

Roht Mirage
10-12-13, 04:42 AM
Just establishing that anyone who puts the audience at risk is a big meanie-face. =)

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-12-13, 05:25 AM
*chuckles* I'll bear that in mind.

Hysteria
10-12-13, 07:52 AM
Just establishing that anyone who puts the audience at risk is a big meanie-face. =)

*Reads this, looks at Aur's avatar.*

My god they are all going to die....

Witchblade
10-12-13, 08:08 AM
Bwahahahahaha!!!

I wish I was in Aure's chamber, we could have some fun with the audience!

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-12-13, 08:09 AM
:P I'm more looking forward to having fun with the contestants...

Who wants to drop the soap first?

Witchblade
10-12-13, 08:26 AM
Can't wait for Abom to post, then the explosive gay sex party between him and EI can begin.

Breaker
10-13-13, 12:19 AM
Note to everyone in the Felicity chamber: please respond only to the attacks described in my post, not whatever "Herald of the Tempest" insinuated in his. As is quite clearly described, each of you but Reine has a sword attack to contend with, and then there are some pieces of table flying in from the far end where Josh stopped.

To be perfectly clear, I have not allowed anyone permission to bunny my character. Herald's post is bunnying and he will be docked points for it.

As an addendum, I will not be modifying Josh's behavior for any OOC reasons, nor re-explaining things that are clearly described in my posts. PMs and IMs asking me to metagame or re-articulate what I've already written will be ignored.

Enigmatic Immortal
10-13-13, 12:33 AM
You know what. I'll just edit my post except for Heralds. That will stay docked. Sorry I misunderstood your well articulated piece of art.

Hysteria
10-13-13, 01:15 AM
I have to say, I am a bit envious of the environment of the mess hall. The cells make it interesting in terms of dodging and whatnot, but there is something sublime in throwing half a smashed table as someone.

Mage Hunter
10-13-13, 01:16 AM
Note to everyone in the Felicity chamber: please respond only to the attacks described in my post, not whatever "Herald of the Tempest" insinuated in his. As is quite clearly described, each of you but Reine has a sword attack to contend with, and then there are some pieces of table flying in from the far end where Josh stopped.

To be perfectly clear, I have not allowed anyone permission to bunny my character. Herald's post is bunnying and he will be docked points for it.

As an addendum, I will not be modifying Josh's behavior for any OOC reasons, nor re-explaining things that are clearly described in my posts. PMs and IMs asking me to metagame or re-articulate what I've already written will be ignored.

Is there a reason for this sudden hostile behavior?

Breaker
10-13-13, 01:33 AM
Whoa, bro, I'm herald and I have no fucking clue what happened in your post. I assumed you attacked us, an that's how I read it. What the fuck was I supposed to think?

Evidently you didn't read my post, you may have skimmed the end and read the OOC note. You responded before I was finished editing, which incidentally is permitted in this tournament. I didn't alter any of the original content of my post, but I did clarify things to a point where even you should be able to understand.

Is there a reason for this sudden hostile behavior?

That wasn't hostile, that was a public announcement responding to at least a dozen messages I've received between PM and IM. Any reason why you're advising your brother to swiftly edit his post, then quoting mine as if I would do the same and trolling for an argument?

Heh, that's right. Because you can.

Enigmatic Immortal
10-13-13, 01:37 AM
I edited the post before I saw this latest one, and you can look at the time stamps for it.

Have fun. Honestly. No Ill will. I just don't have the care for this anymore.

Mage Hunter
10-13-13, 01:47 AM
That wasn't hostile, that was a public announcement responding to at least a dozen messages I've received between PM and IM. Any reason why you're advising your brother to swiftly edit his post, then quoting mine as if I would do the same and trolling for an argument?[/I]

Oh my, you are deluded. I don't even try to tell my brother what to do anymore, because I know better. Lets talk hardball here sparky. Since a post has gone through you cannot edit, and you have definitely moved beyond a practical limit of actions. You want to talk powergame? Phsyically slashing at everyone in an arena might be considered that, but you didn't stop there no. You hacked through tables designed to be at least a third of a mile long, grabbed the chunks and tossed them about the arena as well. Then you conjured frost armor, because why not? You're Joshua Cronen.

You want to get snarky with me bro, take it to AIM, I have more beef with you than you can possibly handle. And picking on my little bro? That's only the tip of this iceberg.

Lye
10-13-13, 02:03 AM
Last I checked, a game is still a game. I'd leave all the finger pointing and critiquing for the judges. They'll be more than honest about who overstepped their boundaries and who didn't. So for the sake of good sportsmanship, keep posting and let the conversations happen after the fact. I'm in no way directly involved aside from being a reader, but the confrontation OOC is unnecessary.

Witchblade
10-13-13, 08:50 AM
Gentlemen, can we please leave the dick measuring contest out of The Cell and just try to have some fun? I'm sorry to see that you've bowed out Paul, I was looking forward to writing with you, as I have never gotten the chance. Another time then.

Hysteria
10-13-13, 04:33 PM
Just a note that Im going to edit my post later. I'll keep the actions the same, but right now I am late for work :s

Enigmatic Immortal
10-13-13, 09:09 PM
Alright, due to many requests of PM's and texts, I have been convinced to rejoin the Cell chamber.

So, let me be clear with the intentions: Yes, Breaker, I TL,DR'd your post. I apologize I misinterpreted the intent of your attack mostly because Herald of the Tempest had exactly 10 minutes to post before DQ. This resulted in a hasty post hashed out. I also write some posts using the speech function on my phone on my drive home, otherwise I would never be able to make that deadline. So yes, I edit my posts, but never the intent.

If this annoyed you, I am sorry. But let's try to make this work.

As I wrote that Jensen post I noticed Breaker popped in a post, but if I understand it correctly, he didn't attack abomination, who I was blocking the attack against Mage Hunter. So if that's all cool, then we can proceed as normal. If not, Breaker, please just let me know what i read wrong so we can get it back on track.

Thanks

Breaker
10-13-13, 09:23 PM
Glad you decided to stay in the tournament. That's correct, Josh sent nasty icy things at herald of the tempest and mage hunter. I'm glad we agree that editing posts is okay, so long as the original content (ex. attacks performed on other characters) are not modified, as this could cause someone to inadvertently have bunnied your character. I assure you that's not what I was doing, mostly I was re-formatting my post to try to get the onomatopoeia positioned the way I typed it in my wordfile.

In response to confusion about the tables in Felicity chamber:

The long tables stretched out the whole mile and half, orange and blue stools connected to the varnished redwood tables. Six rows of tables, each nearly a mile long. They would make for great cover for the clever fighter, or a great bludgeon for a powerful one. There was about ten feet of spacing between each row of tables

Rows of tables, not six tables that are a mile long each. Sei even specified that "a powerful (character)" could use an entire table as a bludgeon. So quartering them and tossing them wouldn't be too difficult.

Witchblade
10-14-13, 07:31 AM
I think you got mixed up where my character was at the time, Pat. I'm under the table, underneath Drusilia. I won't edit my previous post, but I will go with the flow and come out from hiding to keep the flow of the battle going. Even though I had a nice plan for staying under there. I just know you're not going to be up for another 8 or so hours. >.>

Arden
10-14-13, 11:06 AM
What did I ever do to you lot? *pout.

Silence Sei
10-14-13, 11:08 AM
*looks at Arden's report card, sees 'Does not play well with others'*

Sei's gonna have to teach you a thing or two, post-Cell.

Witchblade
10-14-13, 12:08 PM
I changed my mind. I edited my last two Reine posts so that she was never under the table. Since this doesn't in anyway effect anything but the pacing of my posts, I shouldn't be docked points for it. Especially as Pat misinterpreted mine and attacked me like I was never under there to begin with.

Don't worry, Numbers. Josh just noticed her roll off the table. Which she still did. Thus avoiding his attack entirely still.

Enigmatic Immortal
10-14-13, 03:21 PM
Hey Breaker, question. I know with me stepping out and being convinced to step back in made a confusing situation worse. However I appeal to your sense of sportsmanship for this question:

When Jensen wrote he was leaving, you posted next attacking everyone. But when I threw the hissy fit I edited my post.

So this creates a problem where you attacked something that didn't exist. This is in no way your fault, naturally I am the one on back pedal because of my edit. So I ask you: would you mind editing the post so you never attacked Jensen?

If your answer is no, it's cool and I'll take the penalty. :D

Also, you were fine to control Herald and crush him. I'll make sure to smash him to ribbons. May I bunny you to finish him off?

Witchblade
10-14-13, 04:24 PM
I don't understand what just happened... my characters actions stayed the same, minus going under the table, which affected no one around me as everyone acted like I'd never rolled under there anyway.

Well, I was having fun. Now I'm just frustrated and have half a mind to die. Sfter all, he's powerful enough to send my character flying back into an explosion, so yay. Let's just blow up Fae!

Breaker
10-14-13, 06:14 PM
EI: I'd prefer not to edit my initial attack because of the way it's arranged (I designed the post and the attack based on what was happening in the arena at the time and I'm quite fond of it). There's also the fact that I've already taken a penalty for that attack, so I'd prefer not to also lose whatever points I might gain for the nifty bit of onomatopoeia. My sense of sportsmanship in this case says, we both just need to take the penalty and focus on our writing moving forward.

I'm still working on reading the posts that have happened since my last, but I did skim Sei's note and saw that he basically (from the sounds of it) smashed Herald into Breaker while Josh attempted to execute the chokeslam. Since Josh had his sword between them at the time, I'd be okay with you stating that the collision resulted in the sword causing whatever damage you want (I could envision it cutting off Vyrabond's hands or lacerating his chest or throat, for example). Josh will probably take a similar wound from the impact. But in order to maintain my pacing I don't want anyone else bunnying Josh's specific actions at this point in time. Thanks for the communication!

Enigmatic Immortal
10-14-13, 06:58 PM
Ok Sei, I get the penalty.

Abomination
10-14-13, 07:04 PM
I think everyone would be happy if the penalties were in the form of gruesome dismemberment by me.

Witchblade
10-14-13, 07:09 PM
I would not be happy at all with that scenario. o.O

You only get gruesome dismemberment if I allow it!

Breaker
10-14-13, 09:08 PM
In keeping with Sei's ruling about posts being locked in and Tinerad's interjection, I've removed the following text from post #19

He backed into the empty space he'd carved out with a defensive swing of Rythadine's broad blade. Bodorson was right to insist I call her a lady, he mused as the greatsword hummed through sun-spotted air, this is like dancing with a partner at a harvest feast.

My understanding of Tinerad's attack was that it hit Josh while he was attempting the chokeslam, making the exit from the attack moot. If this text needs to get edited back in I'm cool with it, but in the interest of overall continuity and because no one has attacked Josh since then, I'm removing it.

Enigmatic Immortal
10-14-13, 09:27 PM
I'm about to come back to life! Neat!!!

Warpath
10-14-13, 09:47 PM
Luned just pointed out that I missed my deadline by like four minutes. Post was good to go, I just thought I had more time to actually post it due to clocks are stupid.

I posted anyway with the hopes that I'm close enough, and maybe I'll just get a penalty and you won't shoot at Flint. If not, let me know, but that would be super lame and I'd hate you forever. What I meant is, I respect the wisdom and authority of this court, and throw myself on its mercy.

Forever.

Enigmatic Immortal
10-14-13, 09:51 PM
*slow clap* Here here!

Breaker you mentioned NOBODY ELSE but Herald bunnying you. I'm going to go with that. If that's wrong, feel free to rip his head off and toss it in the scrap pile. (Permission granted)