PDA

View Full Version : Church Assignments

Ashiakin
09-03-06, 11:08 PM
Members of the Church of the Ethereal Sway will be able to participate in special events available only to its members. These threads will offer better bonuses in reputation, GP, and rewards than normal threads. Participating in these threads will also help your rank in the Church go up. As the Church completes more assignments successfully, its standing in Salvar will go up, so its higher ranking members will have more influence about what goes on in the region. The Church is especially interested in completing more assignments successfully than its main political rival, the Vogruk-Stokes Company.

No matter what your rank is, you may participate in these events as long as you are a member of the Church. Whenever a new event goes up, I will post here and ask what members are interested in participating. If I get at least three people who are interested, the assignment will begin. The person with the highest Church rank of all those interested will act as the mission leader, unless I feel the assignment needs a different leader. If two or more people have the highest rank, I will decide which is best for the thread.

Please understand that I and anyone else I appoint can intervene in your thread in any manner and at any time. This may or may not happen, though. It all depends on how easy or hard you make the project to accomplish. From the time the thread goes up, you have three months to complete it. Taking any longer than that will result in failure. The assignment leader is to create the thread when the group members are ready.

Assignment #1: A group of so-called "revolutionaries," mostly ex-priests and common laborers, have been writing up pamphlets critical of the King and the Church and distributing them in Knife's Edge. There are thought to be about ten to fifteen of them working in a secret hideout somewhere in the slums of the capital. Perform an investigation using whatever methods you deem necessary to locate this hideout. Once you know where it is, conduct a raid and destroy any pamphlets and equipment used for producing them that you find. It is possible that some or all of the revolutionaries may fight back. The Church does not deem it vital that any of the revolutionaries are captured alive. Do with them as you see fit.
Chain of Command: Workout Wonder, Deadnight Warrior, Calaelen, Run
Rewards: +5 additional reputation and a one-time-use Inquisitor's License, which allows you to place a 2000 GP bounty on anyone you suspect of participating in subversive activities. If the person is captured or killed, the 2000 GP will be delivered to you. If the person is stopped form committing an illegal act, 1000 GP will be delivered to you. Proof of this must be posted in this thread in order for you to receive your reward. You may not place a bounty on someone who has a greater rank/reputation than you.
Success: A score of a 65 of higher will be needed.
Outcome: Seditious groups and criminals in Knife's Edge will have more difficulty operating.

Completed Assignments

The Church has not completed any assignments at this time.

Ashiakin
09-12-06, 10:31 PM
As you can see, the first mission is up. Post here if you plan on participating. Feel free to discuss it and ask questions, as this is an OOC thread intended for such purposes.

Run
09-12-06, 11:16 PM
I plan on participating. In fact, I've been waiting for this.

Cyrus the virus
09-12-06, 11:34 PM
As have I, dammit.

Chain of command is... Rank? Posting order?

65+, eh... Sounds fun.

Ashiakin
09-12-06, 11:36 PM
Chain of command basically means the order in which the group leader is decided. Like... If Shyam doesn't participate or doesn't want to lead, you'd be next in line.

Cyrus the virus
09-12-06, 11:41 PM
Ah, nice.

So then, among us participating, any ideas?

Deadnight Warrior
09-15-06, 02:33 AM
Can I begin this without any word from Shyam? I'm kind of anxious to get started...

Osato
09-15-06, 07:12 AM
That'd be cool, I'm going to be joining it for sure...

Ashiakin
09-15-06, 09:44 AM
Since Shyam hasn't posted and I haven't seen him on AIM, Cyrus can lead if he wants to.

Cyrus the virus
09-15-06, 10:26 AM
Alllllriiiiiight. Giggity.

Since noone provided ideas, I'll just start this thing over the weekend and we'll wing it.

Deadnight Warrior
09-20-06, 05:22 PM
Alright. Lame post, but it's up.

First person to post next should be at the outpost, and describe it. It should be a border-like military building, perhaps. Artume is the IC 'leader' of the group, but he won't act too much like it.

So yeah, next post I'll have him arrive there and go over things with the others. Could you guys please PM me (on my Cyrus account) to let me know whether or not you are participating? Thanks.