PDA

View Full Version : The Ixian Knights Recruitment Drive Spectacular!

Silence Sei
09-18-13, 01:14 PM
Hello all, and welcome to this thread. If you are reading this, that means you're interested in being part of Althanas' greatest PG, the Ixian Knights!

Well, you're in luck, as it so happens, we are always seeking out new blood for our cause. Good, bad, or even neutural is welcome to join us in our endeavors. Hell, even if you're on the fence about joining, we could just do a general roleplay thread, feel out each others styles ICly and as writers, and then you can make a better, well informed decision as to whether or not you want to be part of our team.

If you would, we have openings in Every Single Team. That's right, all nine Ixian Knight teams are seeking members to help us further our cause! Let me give you a quick rundown of each division of this great PG.

The Nine

The Nine refer to the Nine Generals that run each division of the Ixian Knights. The Nine are lead by none other than 'Silence' Sei Orlouge himself. We are currently seeking a new leader for The Public Face Team, Investigations Team, Reformation Team, and the Monster Hunting Team.

Wetworks

Here is where the trained, professional killers of the Ixian Knights go. The Wetworks are a small division specializing in taking out threats to the IK from the shadows. You will be commanded in a joint effort by both Seth Dahlios (Dissinger) and Jensen Ambrose (Enigmatic Immortal).

Public Face

This is the team that holds meetings with delegates from other countries, rescues suffering villages, and overall just proves that the IK are everything they are made out to be. Not only are we seeking members for this team, but also a leader for it.

Mercenary Team

The Merc team earns more money than any other team in the IK. They are supposed to take Mission Board missions constantly, and are rewarded with a larger sum than normal teams for completing the tasks. Here, you will work under Taka (Tainted Bushido) to earn your room & board.

Monster Hunting Team

Where the Merc team gets more gp for missions, the MH Team gets extra spoils (usually in the form of materials for things) than any other team would. We are currently seeking somebody to lead the Monster Hunting Team, as well as members.

Information Team

The Info team is all about gathering intel on people/places/things. Essentially, you'll be the IKs own personal wiki. You find out the information we need to know, and turn it in in order to enlighten the other members of the army about what they're up against. Members will be subjected to the leadership of Talen Shadowwalker (Hysteria) should you apply for this group.

Investigations Team

Investigations handles missions, making sure to not leave any stone unturned. They mostly quest in missions that require a super sleuth to complete. Murders, thefts, anything that would require proper detective skills. Leadership of this group belongs to Joshua Cronen (016573) but we're also seeking dedicated gumshoes!

Reformation Team

This is a team comprised of mostly the villainous and the bads. Reformation attempts to reform these former crooks by making them work off their debt to society. Members of this group, while OOC are free to go whenever they please, they must do a thread ICly to 'escape' the control of the IK. Currently under the guidance of Kyla Orlouge (Amber Eyes) and is also seeking some prisoners to fill the roles.

Labor Team

The Labor Team is the heart and soul of the IK. They are the ones setting up shops, performing missions to gain materials and enchantments, and overall handling the economic side of the Knights. You will be commanded by Dorian Sessthal (Paragon) in order to help flourish the IK, and by extension, the Althanas, community.

So, there's your teams, to apply for the IK simply give me the following information.

Name
What Team you'd like to join
Why you think you'd be a good fit for the IK
Skills you think could benefit us
Writing Sample (Can be from a quest or off the top of your head)

And you'll hear back from us as soon as we see your app. Thanks for your interest!

Roster

The Nine
Leader - Silence Sei
Members - Dissinger, Enigmatic Immortal, Tainted Bushido, Paragon, Amber Eyes, 016573, Hysteria.

Wetworks
Leader - Dissinger & Enigmatic Immortal
Members -

Public Face
Leader -
Members -

Monster Hunting Team
Leader -
Members -

Mercenary Team
Leader - Tainted Bushido
Members -

Investigations Team
Leader - 016573
Members -

Information Team
Leader - Hysteria
Members - Prophet

Reformation Team
Leader - Amber Eyes
Members - Mutant_Lorenor

Labor Team
Leader - Paragon
Members -

Prophet
09-18-13, 04:30 PM
Kyle Prophet

16,000+

Neutral

Info Team (General, hopefully)

Kyle here is a good fit for many things, and especially gathering things. He is quite subtle, except when it comes to the questions of history, of which he recalls none of his own. He tends to lean towards obedience, and has no idea really what life is except roasting heat, and the IK. He is a great guy, stuck in human form, and totally malleable. He is easily directed, and follows quite well, and knows it all to a tee.

Kyle isnt much, no magic, but is experienced in combat with swords and blades in general, and can fight with a staff on an expert level.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
09-18-13, 04:40 PM
I may not actually join them, per se.

But, if you ever need a discreet contractor for the wetwork team.. then this (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?25769-I-ll-Punish-You-for-Pleasure) might help convince you I'm the man for the job.

Enigmatic Immortal
09-18-13, 04:55 PM
The wetworks team does a lot of outsourcing. You may be contacted in the future.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
09-18-13, 04:58 PM
*bows my head*

you know where to find me, cutter. ;)

Tainted Bushido
09-18-13, 05:38 PM
I feel obligated to point out he's a member of Misery Business which works with our enemies the Cult of Blessed Torture, so I think he'd be last ditch resort

Aurelianus Drak'shal
09-18-13, 05:40 PM
In my defense, I'm only employed there. I'm as loyal to them as anyone; that is to say "not very".

I watch my own back, no one else's.

Max Dirks
09-18-13, 05:54 PM
Dirks, although owing allegiance to no one, would like to be hired from time to time as a mercenary for the Ixian Knights. This would only be as a last resort, as his friend, Sei Orlouge, has often considered Dirks' methods barbaric and ruthless.

Silence Sei
09-18-13, 06:10 PM
Agreed Dirks, you're on Standby status for both Wetworks and Merc Team.

Aurie, your allegiance is more towards what benefits you the most, which is fine, Sei tries not to judge. As such, you are also a standby unit for Wetworks and Mercenary, should we need either of you, we'll let you know.

Prophet, the Information team has a leader, Hysteria. However, we can put you on the roster if both he and I agree that's where you'll be best suited. Agreed?

Prophet
09-18-13, 07:07 PM
Sorry. Meant investigations. But sure. Agreed.

Rayse Valentino
09-18-13, 07:52 PM
It really sounds like The IK should be a little more choosy with who they let in after the last two incidents...

Silence Sei
09-18-13, 08:12 PM
Sei's always a believer in 'Not every Person is Cassandra Remi'. So while he's now more suspicious of people, he's not going to turn them away.

Rayse Valentino
09-18-13, 08:25 PM
Or William Arcus.

Silence Sei
09-18-13, 08:49 PM
Meh, Arcus' betrayal wasn't as big as Remis. He did very little damage to the Knights as a whole.

Hysteria
09-19-13, 06:55 AM
Talen hasn't been kicked out, and he is a little deviant. *Shrug* but he plays nice with other Ixians.

Mutant_Lorenor
09-19-13, 11:35 AM
Brother Sei we spoke on AIM about this.

Name: Lorenor Vigilance (New last name :P )
Character Alignment: Lawful Evil (LE)
What Team you'd like to join: Reforming Group, then Wetworks.
Why you think you'd be a good fit for the IK: I'm Lorenor :P
Skills you think could benefit us: Lorenor has in depth knowledge of The Thayne Codex, including possession of a rare set of books called The Necronomicon. He would readily use the books as part of the IK. Lorenor also has in depth knowledge of Shadowmancy and aspires to becomes a highly skilled Sorcerer of the black arts.
Writing Sample: Robbery (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?25828-The-Robbery-Closed) (This is a thread me and Megan are doing. The basic premise of the thread is Lorenor is after a rare type of quadratic key. The true purpose of the key is known only to Lorenor and his lackeys.)

Silence Sei
09-19-13, 11:55 AM
Just let me discuss your app with our Reformation guy and see if you're eligible.

Prophet, you're working in Information under Hysteria.

Breaker
09-19-13, 02:46 PM
IK application time!

Joshua "Breaker" Cronen
Ageless
Alignment: Neutral, or lawful neutral depending on your definition of "lawful"
Team: Investigations (leader)

Basically I feel like it's time for Cronen to get out there and get involved with more IC happenings around Althanas. He's affiliated with Chronicle but they're much less active than the IK, and having access to their network should help greatly with investigations. Also, being Chief Investigator or whatever would make sense in his storyline at this point. He has a background in law enforcement, has tracked down a number of serious bad guys, and recently retired from a temporary posting as Sheriff of Underwood. He's the kind of guy who can and will follow the clues under any circumstances to get to the truth.

In addition to being almost indestructible and wielding a host of nasty abilities, he also has high ranking, well-informed contacts in Corone, Salvar, and Scara Brae, many of whom owe him favors and will provide resources as necessary for missions.

Since Josh is mostly known for breaking things, I chose a snippet from The Nomad Process (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?19188-The-Nomad-Process) that displays a bit more actual investigating.

A single glass-fluted lamp illuminated the bedchamber on the second floor of Silverton's estate. Its flickering shadows embellished the dark patches beneath Ferrin May's eyes, and the flatness of his brown shoulder-length hair. The nightshirt he wore hung slack across hunched shoulders, and the blankets tucked around his hips seemed to cover nothing but bones. The downy pillows he leaned against threatened to swallow his narrow chest. He was awake though, and slurping tepid tea with enough gusto for three men, when Cronen entered the room and closed the door behind him.

"Who's there?" Ferrin called, clutching the clay mug so suddenly it slopped a drop down his front. "Name yourself!" Knuckles white on the earthenware, he looked ready to use it as a weapon.

"Joshua Cronen. I saved your life last night," the martial artist said casually. He sat on a three legged stool next to the bed, letting the lamplight wash his sweat and dust stained face.

Ferrin barked a laugh, a single syllable that may just as well have been a sob. "I had a dozen saviours lay down their lives for mine, and their faces burn in my memory." Ferrin's neck popped as he turned and gazed into the shadows, as if his ghostly comrades looked back from the darkness. "You weren't one of them." He lapsed into silence and sipped his tea.

Cronen counted thirty seconds and then stood. He paced the small room in a slow circle, past the mirror and washstand and marble chamber pot, and stopped directly in the surly youth's line of vision. He swivelled the knob on the fluted lamp's base, and the flame doubled in size, beating the shadows back to the room's well dusted corners.

"You must have been the only one to escape, and only just." Josh's hard hazel eyes bored into May's grey ones. "I found you unconscious, being dragged through back alleys by a pair of horses." He leaned closer, until less than a shin's span separated them. "I risked my own life and my job bringing you here. You're being cared for by one of the Rangers' most secretive and influential allies. He is risking more than his life just letting you stay here." Josh straightened and sighed, paced back to the stool and sat facing Ferrin May. "You're among friends. There should be a hot meal for you soon, and you'll be welcome to stay here as long as you need to recover." The sharp edge appeared in Cronen's voice again as he finished. "But right now, I need to know what you know. Tell me what happened last night."

Ferrin tensed like a cornered animal, but then took a deep breath and relaxed. Between mouthfuls of tea he told of his alliance with the Rangers, the portal that had brought them to Radasanth, and the bloody attack by the mercenaries and Aleraran assassins. Cronen refilled his mug from the teapot which rested on a low bedside table, and listened attentively. Not until Ferrin mentioned the vlince-wrapped cargo the cart had contained did the martial artist pose a question.

"It's a weapon," Ferrin answered, a pink hue rising in his pale cheeks as he turned his face away, ashamed. "I should never have created it, but I was so angry, and it seemed such a sure path to victory." Josh shook his head but said nothing. "It's harmless ordinarily, but when properly cured and burned it produces smoke so volatile a single whiff could paralyse a man." Each word seemed to come from deep within the brilliant young botanist, from a time he'd rather not remember. But he continued. "Prolonged exposure brings certain death. In an enclosed area, a single parcel could kill hundreds. And there were dozens of parcels--" he cut off suddenly, shoulders shaking, throat retching as his stomach heaved. Did he truly never consider the repercussions of such a creation? Ferrin managed to calm himself without vomiting and took another sip of tea. He then set the mug aside and scrubbed a fist across leaking eyes. "We were to deliver the cart to the conduit, a man with the expertise to conceal the parcels throughout the Armed Forces' barracks. I personally cured the plant matter to ensure it was dry as tinder. A single match one night..."

"And the Empire no longer has such vast armies. It was... an elegant idea." Josh reached down and gripped two of the stool's legs, uncertain how to feel about such a drastic - and effective - tactic. Far from a perfect plan, but if it had worked... "What was the conduit's name?" He asked.

Ferrin hesitated only a moment before answering.

"Teod Goshawk."

Enigmatic Immortal
09-19-13, 03:23 PM
Speaking of betrayals, Sei we need to finish debauchery.

Silence Sei
09-20-13, 10:14 PM
Numbers, you are now officially head of Investigations team.

Lorenor, you are working in Reformation team.

Also, lets welcome back Amber Eyes, coming back to the IK to head up Reformation Team.

I'll try to have a mission board with at least 1-2 missions per team over the course of the weekend. If any of you have ideas for a good mission based quest/fight however, let me know.

Breaker
09-21-13, 07:20 PM
Any interest in having the investigations team run background checks on new recruits, or anyone for that matter? ICly there'd probably be some butting heads, but OOCly we could actually use it as an excuse to feature the previous works of IK members, maybe even bring in old NPCs for questioning. That's all I've got for "investigations" ideas at the moment, though I'm sure more will turn up as stuff happens.

Also, I've been talking about doing a thread with Luned that'd have an element of co-operation between the groups in it. We haven't hashed the details out yet, so it might just be the two of us, but there may be room for some other IK involvement in that.

Silence Sei
09-21-13, 08:33 PM
Numbers, that idea is so brilliant, I wish I had thought of it first. It not only keeps you guys in Investigations active, but as you stated, showcases some talent and feels out the new recruits.

And Looney mentioned something about it to me as well, and I like the idea of co-op between the two groups for the betterment of both. could even do an IC thread involving the alliance being formed, if that was cool with the Chronicle-lites.

Rayse Valentino
09-21-13, 08:48 PM
Dorian would be interested in that, Numbers. The cross-group thing.

Arden
09-23-13, 09:25 AM
Name: Arden Janelle, Hound of the Scourge
Character Alignment: Chaotic Good
What Team you'd like to join: Monster Hunting Team (leader).
Why you think you'd be a good fit for the IK: Previous history, with the good of the common man at heart, and plenty of past mistakes to attone for.
Skills you think could benefit us: Assassination, diplomacy, resources of the Scara Scourge, and a wicked sword stance.
Writing Sample (Can be from a quest or off the top of your head): Several high scores, In Her Web She Weaves, To Forge and Farrow, and innumerable quests asides. Killing big creatures is Arden's speciality.

Silence Sei
09-23-13, 11:15 AM
Welcome aboard, General.

Luned
09-23-13, 12:03 PM
And Looney mentioned something about it to me as well, and I like the idea of co-op between the two groups for the betterment of both. could even do an IC thread involving the alliance being formed, if that was cool with the Chronicle-lites.

Numbers can be the liaison, since he's in Chronicle's network. I'd like the thread to be a bit more substantial than simply establishing an alliance –– ie, going in with a specific plan and kicking things off –– but we could get rolling with this soon-ish. Perhaps it concludes with Luned and Josh organizing some efforts while Sei heads off for the Priority Target mission (since I assume that would be a big part of it)?

Breaker
09-29-13, 04:18 PM
I made a discussion thread for some clan activities in our special social group area thing. (http://www.althanas.com/world/group.php?discussionid=31&do=discuss)

Good luck to all IK members participating in the cell!

Musashi
10-09-13, 12:38 PM
Name:Musashi Mitsuru
Character Alignment: neutral good
What Team you'd like to join: Public face.
Why you think you'd be a good fit for the IK: A good man, quick to defend the good against the bad. And looking for a purpose, hopefully with the knights.
Skills you think could benefit us: Promenant fighter, but constantly traveling and quick to learn. a patient man who'll be able to pick up the art of negotiation.
Writing Sample: Currently submitted a piece of writing to the october Vignettes.

Lye
10-09-13, 07:36 PM
Name: Lichensith "Lye" Ulroke
Character: Chaotic Evil (Soon to be Chaotic Neutral)
What Team you'd like to join: Wetworks
Why you think you'd be a good fit for the IK Killing is the only thing he does well. Although untamed for the most part, he does tend to kill his target through whatever means. Wide variety of sneaky, violent skills at his disposal.
Skills you think could benefit us: Skills you say? Well, does killing things with mutated bones and magical shadows count? If so, he does that fairly well, and he can also copy character skills. Of course, he has to kill them off first.
Writing Sample: I R rite gud. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?5262-To-A-Shadowed-Past&highlight=ulroke) The end. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?5230-An-Old-Award-Winner)

Silence Sei
10-10-13, 05:14 PM
Welcome aboard guys. What would be each of your preferred methods of recruitment ICly?

Lye
10-10-13, 05:37 PM
Once I finish this planned thread to take Lye's anger down a notch, I 'd like to engage in some sort of open quest with a member or two. Throughout the quest, I'd use the opportunity to have him do what he does best. If his abilities are of merit, they could make mention of needing people to handle certain "dirty" jobs. Thusly, he would agree for sake of work and coin, and eventually stumble across the fact Mr. Dahlios is of rank in the Knights. Collaborated drama and story development to ensue.

Enigmatic Immortal
10-10-13, 06:36 PM
You'll have a great way to show your stripes if you're interested in working with me to get you on board.

Lye
10-10-13, 06:59 PM
I'm open to any ideas or suggestions, just shoot me a PM.

Musashi
10-11-13, 05:49 AM
I'd like to have a chance to prove his skills, without knowing he's doing it. Like a secret test, or something of that ilk. If it's plausable, but i don't see any reasons that it wouldn't be possible.

Silence Sei
10-11-13, 07:07 AM
Musashi. That's doable. Would you like to have a citadel battle, then?

Musashi
10-11-13, 10:27 AM
Indeed I do. I'm working soon so send me a PM and we can hash out some details.

Silence Sei
10-19-13, 06:48 AM
Musashi, here ya go! (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?26120-The-Warriors-Call&p=215799#post215799)

Andaris
10-21-13, 12:53 AM
Name: Andaris Rake
Character Alignment: True Neutral
What Team you'd like to join: Mercenary Team
Why you think you'd be a good fit for the IK: Andaris has spent years as a soldier with a significant portion serving in the Scarlet Brigade, he could make some good revenue for the Ixian Knights.
Skills you think could benefit us: Skilled fighter, veteran of the civil war, battlemage, and doesn’t crack under pressure.
Writing Sample:

During the rebellion

Well fought, remarked Andaris silently as he yanked his sword free from the dead’s man chest, sparing the corpse nothing more than a glance. The dead soldier deserved more but unfortunately Andaris couldn’t afford anything other than an unseen appraisal. He looked to his falchion, slick with the blood of his opponent and wondered how many times he had to clean his blade over the years. Andaris’ eyes searched the battlefield only to find his fellow soldiers nothing more than a reflection of himself. He knew there were those who had doubts about fighting their kin and yet Andaris saw not a sliver of emotion in the steady gazes of his fellow members of the Scarlet Brigade. They had all been at this for far too long to let their sentiment seep into their duties. There were some who would have pitied them for the fact but Andaris cared not.

The corpses strewn about the blood-soaked ground were that of the rebellion’s Rangers. They were the Brigade’s strongest adversary which was amusing since they were once considered nothing more than ragtag unit of scouts. Andaris had grown to respect them as fighters but cared nothing for their motivations. He had fought them like any other opponent albeit with a bit more vigor. The Rangers constantly shouted about freedom in their vain attempts to sway the members of the Brigade. Sure, a few hesitated but a majority did not. The battles between the two forces over the years had been marked by intensity, cruelty, and an unwillingness to capitulate. Andaris loved a good fight but even he was beginning to feel stretched by this war. He had expected to be physically exhausted but the mental strain was somewhat surprising. The soldier had lost the vigor he had once possessed when the war began. One might say that was only natural but not for a man like Andaris who lived for the thrill.

Victory always tasted sweet but the soldier knew that this battle here was no victory. The enemy had retreated and yet the atmosphere on the field was tense. Each member of the Brigade was fully aware of what orders were to come next. Andaris and the others now stood on the edge of Concordia, having pushed their enemy back. Concordia was the home of the Coronian Rangers and a living Hell for any invading army. A vast forest which could be easily defended if one understood the terrain, and you could be damn sure that the Rangers knew their turf. Walking into that forest was tantamount to suicide for the entire Brigade. They were the best soldiers in Corone but even they had their limits. Members rarely questioned orders that came from above but this particular mission had tested the limits of their fealty.

“Rake, you think they’ll order us in there?” inquired a voice from behind Andaris.

“Don’t ask stupid questions, Maple,” he responded without turning back. They both knew the answer to the question and it sure as hell wasn’t ‘no’.

Andaris simply sighed once and looked back at his bloodied sword. He noted that the blood was beginning to dry and knelt down next to the body of the fallen Ranger. In a swift motion, he cleaned his falchion on a relative clean piece of the other man’s uniform. He inspected the blade once more before returning it to the sheath at his hip. Andaris then looked around for his spear and found it resting in the belly of another corpse. He attempted to pull the weapon out but swore loudly as he heard the splintered of wood. One of these days he was going to have to buy himself a quality weapon. The soldier had lost count of how many spears had broken since this war had started. The sound of a horn prevented any further thoughts on the matter. Andaris turned to look back at the entrance to the great forest once more and could do nothing else but sigh once more.

Zarkin
10-21-13, 07:53 PM
Name: Zarkin Talker
character Alignment: Neutral
What team you'd like to join: Wetworks
Skills you think could benefit the IK: For one Zarkin is a highly trained assassin. He is very good with throwing knives, and a bow. He gets a thrill from seeing his enemies killed. He can hear at a good distance, is silent, and is very quick.
Writing sample: Zarkin slowly approached the enemy. He was a soldier that had lost the path, most likely wasn't paying close attention. Speaking a small charm Zarkin conformed with the trees and shadows in which he hid. Speaking another charm and slowly and quietly walking up on the enemy, Zarkin listened to what the man was saying.

"Damn, I always do this" he mumbled as he looked to the ground in search of his small groups foot-prints. The man's group consisted of three or four people. Zarkin didn't have time to see all of them. In his mind Zarkin knew that if needed he could easily pick off all of the others once he found them.

Zarkin slowly pulled his bow off from around him, pulling an arrow out of his quiver he drew and took aim. Just before taking the first shot Zarkin slipped off of the small log on which he stood. Breaking a small twig off of the log the man turned around.

"Whose there?" the man asked as he drew out his sword. Not answering Zarkin stood putting the arrow back in his quiver, and putting the bow back around his torso. "Show yourself!" the man demanded walking in Zarkin's direction. The man was obviously becoming irritated from not getting a response. As he came closer to the edge of the road he stood silently listening for any small movements. "Must've just been an animal" the man said as he put his sword away and turned around.

"Now's my chance!" Zarkin said to himself as he leaped out of the woods onto the road. The man turned around, and just as their eyes met Zarkin threw out a forceful punch right between the mans eyes knocking him clean off his feet and unconscious. The feeling in Zarkin's hand pulsed up his arms, giving him a euphoric feeling of extreme happiness. Dragging the limp body into the woods Zarkin tied him up to a tree with some vines he found hanging off of the trees surrounding them.

Zarkin stood there staring at the man until he awoke about five minutes later.

"What do you want with me mercenary?" the man screamed.

"I am not a mercenary, nave, I am your last hope. Choosing what you say wisely will choose your fate" Zarkin said to the man knowing he was going to kill the man anyway.

"Then what are you?" the man asked.

With a swift smack to the man's face Zarkin loomed over the man casting a devastating shadow of hopelessness to the man. "Do not worry about it. Tell me where your men have gone"

"I do not know. Most likely north-bound. You should find them easily since you caught up to me quick enough" the man said hoping this would be a good enough answer to keep him from getting smacked.

Zarkin pulled out one of his throwing knives. "You are no help to me, warrior. May death spare pity on your soul" were the last words the man heard before Zarkin thrust the knife deep into the man's right eye. Screaming Zarkin laughed, oh how he loved being an assassin. Quickly Zarkin finished off the man leaving him tied to the tree lifeless and bloodied. Heading swiftly north through the trees towards the man's group Zarkin replayed the scene back in his head. Smiling Zarkin showed no pity to any enemy of his.

Silence Sei
10-23-13, 08:41 AM
Welcome you two, obviously you're approved since I am recruiting you in Andaris quest (Let me know if I need to change anything btw Andaris)

Kyle Xandran
10-23-13, 10:08 AM
Hello, I would like to recruit a member of your Information Team to join in a historical quest. Details can be found here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?26157-Xandran-Arms-Mission-Board) under "Purchasing the Past." I'm unsure of whether Hysteria or Prophet have been on Althanas long enough, but I'd prefer someone who participated in or who has indepth knowledge of the Red Hand or the Bazaar War. I notice you also have some mercenaries who likely participated.

Stormborn God
10-24-13, 08:30 PM
If I remember right. Hyst and I, and what, one other are the only people on info team.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-24-13, 08:34 PM
Breaker would probably be the best candidate. Or Hysteria.

Ultimately, though, it's Sei's call.

Silence Sei
10-24-13, 08:39 PM
Breaker, think you may be able to help this guy out?

Landain
11-01-13, 09:23 PM
Pending Profile approval/critique.

Name: Landain Agrivar
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
What Team you'd like to join: Either Public Face or Investigations
Why you think you'd be a good fit for the IK: Maturity and writing experience. I prefer the activity of a mercenary or direct action of a soldier, but I noted you were interested in filling these empty slots mentioned above and created a character that hopefully may fit into either of them.
Skills you think could benefit us: Landain's ability to speak several different languages across the world of Althanas. He is a fast learner and can communicate with the locals. This is a beneficial skill that employed in negotiations, investigations, field interviews or simply displaying propaganda.
Writing Sample: (Just something off the cuff)
Landain Agrivar rode into town upon a black stallion dressed in a neatly sculpted black horse hair suit, with only the slightest hint of dark green silken interwoven threads. The jacket ended at the waist outlining a white frilly silk blouse. A dark green cummerbund sinched the waist and accented the brown leather belt slung low on his hips. His spit shined black shoes suggested a wealthy upbringing and only the finest amenities life had to offer. His white silk socks ran straight up and over his calf to his knee, trapped under the hem of his knee length trousers. A dark green cape made of a durable cotton with white lace cuffs slung down and over the ass of his mount while riding and flirted with the back of his knees as he walked. A matching wide brimmed hat, encircled by a two inch white silk band and stuffed with white plumage adorned his head. The rapier, a weapon Landain considered gentlemanly hung low at his left hip. After dismounting the horse, he removed his black leather gloves and tucked them into the leather belt in front on the right side.

After tying the horse to a hitching post Landain slowly strode up the steps to the hall of records. Landain eyed the city street as he moved, as though he were assessing a situation, but there was no situation. It was life as usual in the city. Landain was simply making himself aware of his surroundings. Knowing what is and is not there, is half the solution to being prepared for anything. A clean shaven soldier, focused on some unseen horizon opened the door to the elegant edifice for Landain, saying nothing. Obviously Landain's appearance informed the portal guardian this was a gentleman and belonged exactly where he was.

At 76 inches, Landain towered over many, but his slender build hinted at an almost feminine quality. The way he looked down upon others along his slender pointed nose, made insecure citizens uncomfortable to be in his presence. Locals quickly left his presence, possibly concerned he may criticize them. Maybe he didn't approve of their appearance or maybe they just felt threatened by him. Landain had no intention of criticizing the citizens and was definitely unaware that he made others feel this way. He appreciated the respect generated by his appearance, his affect, but considered it simply the nature of his genteel mannerisms.

His business today, was to speak with the Secretary or Clerk responsible for maintaining records on elected officials of the community. There was some unsavory affairs between a few of the citizens and the politicians. The Ixian Knights dispatched the young Agrivar to gather information during an investigation regarding misconduct.

Silence Sei
11-04-13, 03:38 PM
Welcome aboard, Landain. Is there a particular Knight you wanna run with for the official IC recruitment (We can still say Landain is already in heir ranks, but this was the first time he was noticed by one of the bigwigs) or any ideas you want to showcase for your recruitment thread?

Stormborn God
11-04-13, 03:54 PM
If he wants, he's more than welcome in my midlevel update/recruitment thread.

Silence Sei
11-06-13, 08:50 AM
Remember guys, by clicking PG Directory and going to the Ixian Knights, you will be able to view and make discussions exclusive to us!

Roht Mirage
11-08-13, 07:39 PM
Making it official.

Name: Astarelle Set'Roh (she is well-known as Roht Mirage, but doesn't like it much)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Potential Teams: Info, Investigation, or Reform
Good fit for IK? While Astarelle has little loyalty to any organization, she sticks by her allies, many of whom are members who fought at her side in the Cell. She does not act in the interests of the Ixian Knights, but in the interests of her friends. The fact that those line up is a happy coincidence.
Skills: Astarelle is an expert in espionage and -she's been told- manipulation. She can also kick ass when necessary.

Writing Sample: Here's a little something I wanted to write up, but I think might bog down the party thread too much. So, it shall live in this space.

~ ~ ~

Astarelle Set'Roh, also known as Roht Mirage, also known as the Champion of the sand-blasted Cell had butterflies partying in her stomach. There was also a bit of numbness in the back of her skull, but that was only because she was leaning against the carriage wall as it trundled along.

“You're looking green, I think,” Raylene said with a careful hand on the shoulder that Astarelle's dress bared. “Not a party person?”

The fallieni woman tilted her head and gave a thankful but long-suffering look that crinkled her divinely marked forehead. Raylene tried to return a gentle expression in kind, but the old burn scar that ran from brow to a few inches into her hairline left the expression half-finished. Her eyes said it well enough.

“It's not that,” Astarelle said quietly as she righted her head and played with the sapphire pendant hanging over her corseted -if still unimpressive- cleavage. “I can do a party. Being the guest of honor, well...” She felt her cheeks darkening, but forced her nerves to settle, “It's new. But, it's not a problem. Just another mask to wear.”

Raylene gave an inquisitive frown to the talk of masks, but didn't breach the subject. Instead, she fidgeted with the tri-corner hat in her lap. It was an odd pairing for her pretty blue dress, but she had affixed a plume of lilacs to it like others might place a feather. It was very lovely, and perhaps more importantly for her, it would hide her scar without given her the look of a shadow-eyed predator.

“It's the Ixian thing, isn't it?” she ventured.

Astarelle nodded and glanced across the small box of the carriage. Master Kotra's eyes shone like small garnets in the light that flickered through the window, barely lightening his tribal-dark skin. He had been staring at the passing lantern posts for the whole trip, and not even her pointed gaze could break him from it.

“You didn't need to join them,” Raylene said into the silence. Tabin, the lanky teen in the last remaining seat, shuffled to inspect the lace on his jacket very carefully, and Kotra really stared out the window. Astarelle glared daggers at him for a moment, then took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

Protect another's Fallien secrets as you would protect your own. It was her own turn of phrase, freshly-coined. She only hoped it would prove to be wise.

“It's fine,” she said, turning back to Raylene with a conspiratorial smile, “They're paying for the privilege. Or, they will, before the night's out.” And then I can just disappear again. It had worked so many times before but, suddenly, it felt like a lie; wishful thinking at best.

“You mean... him?” Raylene asked with a narrow expression that fought valiantly against her scar. Her eyes burned like freshly-stirred coals as she flexed healthy fingers that had been shattered ruins a week ago.

Astarelle's smile dropped. “Sorry. We don't need to bring it up now.”

“Later,” Raylene said, a quiet decree.

Bury me, you can be a scary woman, Raylene. She didn't dare say it aloud, but her face must have twitched because Raylene gave her a sharp look.

“Almost there,” called their driver, unmindful of just how opportune the interruption was.

Astarelle clapped her hands once. “Party faces, people. Forget everything and just have some fun.” Tabin slipped into a smirk, perhaps not as petulant as usual. Raylene patted her hat to her head and tilted it forward. The shadowing of one eye made her sudden smile like a bit too sinister. Kotra -ever the tribal elder- just gave Astarelle a blank look, then blinked. The shallow crags of his face twisted with that slight hint of humor; laughter at a joke he didn't want to share. It would do.

The carriage door opened to the music, voices, and fluttering lights of the Flesh Failures, and Astarelle gave her companions time to exit first. Her own 'party face' welled up in her mind, a persona she had donned before, if under different circumstances. It was the playful part of herself, the source of every smile she had ever had to force. Perhaps, with a few familiar faces around, she might not have to force it so much.

After the party, the danger there.... is something I don't need to think about until -after- the party. She affixed her mask of fake smiles, tied her cloak of unwanted celebrity, and stepped into the burning light of far too many enraptured faces.

Silence Sei
11-08-13, 10:11 PM
I'd like to ask everybody to refer to the IK Discussion threads in the PG directory please. Thank you.

Sir Walter
11-09-13, 02:29 PM
Name: Sir Walter
Character Alignment: Lawful Good
What Team you'd like to join: Monster Hunting, Maybe Reformation if they need guards or people to help control the criminals

Why you think you'd be a good fit for the IK:
Sir Walter is first and foremost a knight in every sense of the word. He is a man of honor and always does his best to fulfill his duty. He is basically impossible to bribe and is loyal to his lord and companions.

The only possible issue is Sir Walter takes vows as a knight very seriously. If he sees other knights dishonoring the knight's image or breaking vows they made, he becomes very angry.

Skills you think could benefit us:
While he was living, Sir Walter was the primary knight serving the local lord and protected his town for over 10 years. He has much experience battling, guarding, and getting along with people. He is honest to a fault and is willingly to die in line of duty (Actually, that's how he died). He has some leadership experience since he was in charge of the local guard. As an undead, he has lost access to most of his holy magic but he still can heal small wounds and help medium wounds heal faster (at the cost to his own body).

Here's a thread where Sir Walter is shopping for some new weapons. I hope this works...
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?26203-A-Necessary-Evil

Silence Sei
11-09-13, 02:38 PM
Welcome to Reformation, Walter!

Silence Sei
11-12-13, 07:08 AM
So, is anyone besides Landain going to register for the S-Rank exams? Keep in mind, they will not be starting for at least a week or two.

Speaking of Landain, I'll have a post up for him today. Sir Walter, I'll think of something good for you as well.

Issaldurn
12-13-13, 12:37 AM
Name: Issaldurn

Character Alignment: Neutral

What Team you'd like to join: Mercenary Team

Why you think you'd be a good fit for the IK: I'd like to think I'm a fairly decent writer with enough free time to be extremely active when needed. I tend to get along well with people, and I enjoy having a good time and writing a good story.

Skills you think could benefit us: I've been roleplaying and fighting since as long as I can remember, I started when I was eight on random chats and forums - and I'm 24 now, so it's been a long time. I've got a lot of experience with it.

Writing Sample (http://forum.lagedorre.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&p=3055#p3055)

Sir Walter
12-13-13, 12:43 AM
Issaldurn, I believe that you might want to link the profile in the account that your character is on. I believe this is the link to your profile?
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?23087-Aristocrat-s-Issaldurn

Silence Sei
12-13-13, 12:51 AM
You're approved, welcome to the IK, Issaldurn. I'll have a thread up involving your recruitment by the end of the week.

Sir Walter
12-21-13, 08:34 AM
Hmm, does Sir Walter need to go on a quest?

Silence Sei
12-21-13, 03:26 PM
He does. I'll figure something out with our favorite zombie knight.

Comindant
01-11-14, 05:33 PM
ok well ill be wherever you all need me

Silence Sei
01-11-14, 05:38 PM
Hello Comindant. Please refer to the first post and fill out the app, so me and the rest of the IK get a good feel for your character.

Comindant
01-11-14, 09:40 PM
Name: Alexai Mortain
Alignment: Good (Extreme Good)
Team: Mercenary/Public Face
Good Fit: Well im a creative individual that can on a good day Create vivid scenes with only a few sentences. Other than that im not to sure what im supposed right here.
Skills: Skilled Swordsman, Barterer/Haggler, Cloth and Leather Crafter.

Sample: "Its raining again..." says the boy who's using what's left on his back to cover his head from the rain. Shuffling out of an alley the boy reaches a covered threshold where he leans against he semi-dry wall. Seconds later he shifts down and is now sitting against the wall, the ground is now starting to puddle. "God." he mumbles as he looks at the road threw the thick sheets of rain. In the distance he can see two smaller children being corralled indoors by their mother, and further down a dog finding shelter under a bridge. "This is complete shit!" he says to himself "What is wrong with this place. Where is the Happiness in the world." he begins to weep uncontrollably tears mixing with the rain on his face. "I need to get out of this place..." he regains control of himself of himself and stands up, recovers his head with his shirt. Then he focuses and sets off into the rain.

Silence Sei
01-11-14, 10:04 PM
There we go, Commy! Welcome Aboard. I'll talk with Taka and/or Zerith and Ozoric about your team placement and have a thread for your recruitment soon.

Comindant
01-11-14, 10:23 PM
Honestly idc where I am put just wherever u think ill be best in;p

Dein
02-03-14, 06:52 PM
Name: Dein Vander
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Team: Public Face

I believe that I would fit in the IK with my character's healer arts, which would come across as a positive attribute for our reputation. I also can deliberate with others well, normally winning.

Sample:

A fountain of red, blood spilling out of a man mouth, covering his hands as he tries to cover his coughing. A crowd of people all over come by some sort of illness, many of them on the ground dying or dead. The scene begins to look like a dismal display of an evil curse. The sky is so dark as if the moon is even hiding from this atrocity, and the ground covered by a thick layer of fog.

Riding up on a graceful stead a man in pink enters the crowd "What happening here?!?" Dein says as he quickly dismounts his horse. His face is taken with fear as the crowd slowly turn to him and all continue feel their sickness. On instinct Dein raises his hand and to the nearest person and attempts to use his magic. A flash of white elegant light engulfs the man as his healing releases his illness. Again and again white light flashes over the citizens, but no matter his efforts his spell is not strong enough to over come this curse.

After a futile hour of Dein relentlessly trying to alleviate this plague from the citizens around him, there is no one left standing. All of the people are dead other than Dein himself who is kneeling in a pool of blood staring into the sky. Blood specs scatter his face as all emotion is stricken from it, this had been his first failure.

"I vow on my honor to never let something like this ever happen ever again." Dein mutters as one tear falls from his eye.

Rhaenar Talon
02-08-14, 02:46 PM
Name: Rhaenar Talon

Character Alignment: True Neutral

What Team you'd like to join: Mercenary or Monster Hunting

Why you think you'd be a good fit for the IK: As a open-minded citizen of Fallien he has seen many monsters throughout his travels in Fallien and as a mercenary he has experienced being hired on to do assignments.
Skills you think could benefit us: As stated above Rhaenar is a citizen of Fallien so he is well educated in the survival of desert and mountainous regions. He is also knowledgeable in the fauna and flora that call these regions home. On top of that he skilled in both a sword and hand-to-hand combat. He also has the ability to summon a wolf-like fauna in life-threatening circumstances.

Writing Sample:

Silence. Silence is what he tried to stay as he canter along down the windy trail, the towering sandstone walls that disrupted the peaceful tranquility of the rolling sea of sands shrunk in size into it gave away to a rickety blend of chains, ropes, and rotting planks that seem to give away to any sudden movement. The rickety monstrosity that the pair trotted across gave the mercenary no worry though. Desert Breeze pranced across the rotting planks with such graceful strides that it almost seem like a dance, mesmerizing most that cautiously passed by. This stallion had intelligence unknown to most breeds except for the legendary breed that hail from the herds of horses that the tribes of the Oasis breed, and Desert Breeze was of the finest of the breed.

Instead, Rhaenar let his silver orbs stay on his partner as he soaked in the words that she spoke trying to discern any information on the job or on her that he could. Years spent taking contract after contract has caused him to become suspicious, especially since a few of those contracts ended with some trying to double cross him. Yet, no matter what Rhaenar had always ended up with what he was promised just with more blood being shed than was expected; however, if he could find out about this possible deception before it was too late and prevent any unneeded bloodshed well that was more preferable way to go.

As they leveled out onto the dock he finally ended both his information seeking and silence, "Ah, finally away from the horrible smell of outsiders. Don't you just think the smell of desert sands is just transcendental?" To emphasize his point he takes a long deep breathe and lets out a long sigh enjoying the sweet scent of home.

The pair both unsaddle from their steeds; Rhaenar leading they walk down the docks with their steeds reins in hands passing. As they walk down the length of the dock they leave behind the cheaper vessels, which seem to be just thrown together with whatever float able object the owners could scavenge, for the more stable, expensive barges made of wood. Yes, it cost more for one of these barges, but you had insurance that half way across the waters of the Attireyi the vessel would not collapse under you and sink to the watery depths.

He turns to the side as his companion as he remembers her inquiry into his past, a slight frown slips across his lips as the thoughts of the last years of life with his father come to mind. His past life was a difficulty for him to speak of and usually he made up a story in order to satisfy a noisy contractor; however, this woman and him were going to spend some time together during this contract so eventually the truth would reveal itself in one form or another.

Rhaenar politely smiles and tells her, "I was born in the Nirrakal region or The Blight which it is commonly nicknamed. My mother was a shaman of the Mi’sheteri. A very strong, yet strange woman. Rye was her name. She would tell me a story about a story about 'The Children' and how they came to be. One night she left though and I have never seen her since. My father was a foreigner, a Skavian is what they call them I believe. He came to seek knowledge unlike most of his brethren who were mindless brutes. The day after my mother left we left the tribe to follow her; however, we never found her. We became mercenaries my father and I for the Oasis tribes. One day we were ambushed and he died. Now its only Desert Breeze and me. That's my story."

At the end of the dock they came upon a medium-sized barge compared to the rest of the ones on the dock. Sitting on the railings that go along the entire length of the deck of the vessel was a stout Fallien native with a pipe in his mouth. After blowing a circular smoke from the pipe he placed it on the railing and leaped off of it onto the deck.

He looked the pair up and down seriously with intense dark brown eyes; after he finished a smile cracked across his face and he shouted, "Oi, Rhaenar your presence brings joy to my old soul, and who is this lovely lass you have with ya?"

Rhaenar hugs the man before spinning around wrapping his arm around the man's shoulders, "Its nice to see you again to Faran. This here is my contractor Mordelain, and we need passage on your fine vessel here."

"Twenty coins should be good enough for passage for the two of you and your steeds."

"Ah come on Faran. How long have I been coming to you for passage across the Attireyi? Five years I believe, so can't you give me a discount. How about fifteen coins and I will buy you an ale once I come back."

Two of his fingers rub the length of his long wispy beard as he ponders on the idea. Another large smile appears on his lips before he claps Rhaenar on the back, "Fifteen coins it is, and I want two mugs of ale. And not any of horseshit stuff. Only the good strong Fallien Wine will do."

Smiling Rhaenar rummages through the leather pouch that Mordelain gave to him earlier and drops the agreed fifteen coins into the oustretched hand of Faran, "A deal it is then."

He then walks back to Desert Breeze and grabs his reins pulling him towards the barge with Mordelain following, their adventure about to finally begin.

Silence Sei
02-10-14, 11:54 AM
Welcome, both of you! Dein, if you wanna PM either Lancer Newella or Zerith to get started on Public Face, feel free.

Talon, since Taka is currently MIA, I'll throw you in Monster Hunters. Please PM Arden Janelle with how you guys wanna go about your quest.

Xilium Rupertus
03-05-14, 05:09 PM
Hey Sei, willing to join whenever, would like to get IC thread going at some point to play it out. Just wanted to get in there if you wanted me in before the war started. We can do the IC thread as a prequel basic and just throw some ideas back and forth so I can use it as backstory during the war. Anyway PM me or talk to me in chat about it. I really do want to do this in character at some point, hope that isn't a issue : ).

Sighter Tnailog
03-05-14, 10:10 PM
Name: Findelfin ap Fingolfin
Character Alignment: Neutral Good
What Team you'd like to join: Monster Hunt or Public Face
Why you think you'd be a good fit for the IK: You seem like generally good guys. I'm also looking, as a player, to find some new place to breathe life into my character after concluding his role in the Corpse War. I see this as an opportunity to develop him anew.
Skills you think could benefit us: Findelfin has wide contacts across the continents, significant skill as a tactician and commander, and significant martial prowess.
Writing Sample (Can be from a quest or off the top of your head): http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=19949

Silence Sei
03-06-14, 12:59 PM
I think good ol Fin would be perfect in Public Face, actually. Since Jensen is already in a fight with you, we can make that your recruitment, friend!

Xil, is there a particular team you'd like to be a part of?

Arden
03-06-14, 01:04 PM
Given recent events in Scara Brae, and the death of Duffy Bracken, Arden Janelle is returning to his home to contend with the conflict against Oblivion.

Silence Sei
03-06-14, 01:17 PM
....But he's still an IK at heart, right? :D

Enigmatic Immortal
03-06-14, 01:39 PM
He is, which btw, we need to update the main roster page so we can figure out how we want to do Night of Ascension. ^_^

when Diss posts...>_>

Silence Sei
03-06-14, 02:12 PM
The roster page on page 1 here?

Enigmatic Immortal
03-06-14, 02:43 PM
it'll do, but I am talking about the good ol roster page. Also...we need to update the shit out of the archives

Silence Sei
03-06-14, 02:53 PM
If someone wants to volunteer on that front, I handle recruiting and Jess is the new leader, so someone who'll update the roster page, or just outright make a new one, would be awesome :D

Arden
03-06-14, 02:57 PM
Of course. But, until the Bard to Death timeline is resolved, and the war with the Order is over, I'm unavailable for missions sans Lionheart.

The Muri
03-27-14, 03:53 PM
Name: Kaida
Character Alignment: Currently Neautral
What Team you'd like to join: Monster Slayers! (Not leader, please?)
Why you think you'd be a good fit for the IK: As a character? Kaida is young, but having come from the far future of another universe had advanced inteligance for a human. She isn't there yet, but she can tame the forces of nature themselves to bid her will (later levels). Kaida is rather smart and is quite the fighter. Both brains and power and necessary to take down mythical creatures.
Skills you think could benefit us: Her intelligence, adept fighting skills, and will power should keep things a bit lively around here - but be warned: she is still a blonde... Once again, she knows how to fight. It comes naturally. And also having the brain power, she could become quite the monster slayer.

Writing Sample (Can be from a quest or off the top of your head):
My eyes darted wide when I heard a name being called out by some male. I suddenly turned myself over from my back to my side. I saw mostly nobody… There was only a man picking up a little girl as they left the grainy shore and journeyed into a forest behind us all. I blinked, not knowing who they were but still wondering: Is my name ‘Kaida’?

Automatically bestowing the name Kaida upon myself, I decided to get up and explore. Some of my blond, punk designed hair fell into my face as I got up. I was soaking wet! Being inside a leather jumpsuit did not help that feeling one bit either… I sighed and picked up the backpack close to me. I walked awkwardly across the beach; I was covered in sand and water. I held my arms up and my legs were stretched out, I was just trying to cope with the uncomfortableness of what I was feeling…

Thus, I had walked across the area. I saw a sign made of some sort of brown substance pounded into the ground. I didn't know how, but the marking on it were ones I could actually translate.

Welcome to Scara Brae!

I blinked, wondering about such a place, then walked down the path it pointed towards. I hoped that I could find civilization by then… And maybe- just maybe, I would find out who I was.

black shadow
05-21-14, 06:31 AM
Name: Black Shadow
Character Alignment: Good
What Team you'd like to join: Wet-works
Why you think you'd be a good fit for the IK: My primary goal is to protect Althanas, whatever the cost. I put others before myself.
Skills you think could benefit us: stealth for the wetworks crew. Bow for distant, stealthy kills.
Writing Sample: "To End The War": (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?27210-To-End-The-War&p=227421&viewfull=1#post227421)
Black Shadow was about to enter the trap door to below deck when he heard crying. Not of a child, but a baby. As he walked towards where he thought he heard the sound coming from, it seemed to grow louder. There were a few barrels in the far corner of the ship, roughly where the tip of the bow was. There was not anyone, or thing, in sight. Maybe one of the barrels? He thought to himself as he opened the lid to the farthest back barrel. Sure enough there was what Black Shadow wished he would not have to see. A baby girl, probably only two weeks old. She had blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Without it's mother, or anyone really to take care of her, she would surely die. Black Shadow's protective instincts then kicked in. Picking up the child, he comforted it and gave it some ground rice, pounded to almost a powder. The baby ate then fell asleep. No name? No mother... Gosh dang it!

matthewkuch
05-21-14, 06:36 AM
Name: Gavner Nahs
Character Alignment: Good
What Team you'd like to join: Wetworks and Mercenary if possible. If not, just wetworks.
Why you think you'd be a good fit for the IK: Gavner is willing to do whatever he can to protect the night, even if it takes the ultimate sacrifice. Gavner is not extremely powerful right now, but he has lots of room to grow.
Skills you think could benefit us: The ability to operate at night as if it is day time. Also being able to track down and obliterate enemies with the utmost stealth.
Writing Sample (Can be from a quest or off the top of your head):

Gavner was leaping from rooftop to rooftop, toying with his pursuer. He didnt know what they wanted from him, but Gavner wanted to see what he was made of before finding out. Leaping to another rooftop he heard the creature on his tail say in his pretty-boy-voice, "Where are you going? Off to suck some more blood, or maybe off to hang upside down like the fruit bat you are?"

Clearly this creature was like all the rest and believed all of that fairy tail bullcrap about vampires. Gavner turned his head to smile but as he did the place where he had just set his foot gave out. Stumbling to catch his balance he noticed that the creature had lunged at him with a punch, but not just a normal punch, this time he had used his special sparkly stuff. Gavner knew that his attacker now meant business, and that sparkly stuff wasnt just for decoration.

He dodged the attack and popped up behind the creature. Gavner's attacker had missed and his hand was now lodged deep in the roof. "You're quick" he said. "have you figured out what I am yet?" The creature's back glowed with a bright white light and four wings were revealed. This could only be the body of one creature; a Seraphim. Gavner had heard legends of them at the vampire councils, but no vampire had ever lain eyes upon one before. These were creatures of raw power, not so much of strength or speed but more so that of their abilities.

Often the vampires had reminisced about battles between Seraphim and vampires, supernatural strength and speed against supernatural piercing and defense and Seraphim glimmer, but none necessarily took them seriously. The Seraphim was now free of the roof, which Gavner noticed immediately. He tilted his head, struck a pose, and wrapped his wings around him like a coat. Gavner stared into his eyes and squinted in disgust. This creature had displayed an attitude riddled with vanity and self pride, as if the whole world revolved around him. Gavner knew what he was going to do, and if this worked out correctly he would have his chance not to witness, but to live, the Clash of the Supernatural.

[Excerpt from Clash of the Supernatural]

Siegfried
05-22-14, 03:24 PM
Name: Siegfried Alfheim
Character Alignment: Neutral Good
What Team you'd like to join: Reformation
Why you think you'd be a good fit for the IK: I have served under various Military forces. It is only common sense that I should earn the good graces of the local Coronian forces. With a fortress so close to the Rangers, I would be able to offer my services in exchange for a bed to sleep between travels to their outpost. I have no desire to further your group's potential conquests, but will gladly contribute to any local restorations that come to pass.
Skills you think could benefit us: I am a ranking officer in both the Skynights and Bladesingers. I have many relations with the Raiaeran militant groups in both the official and guerrilla forces. My blade is my own to command, and I will use it for the people who need it most. Again, I have no interest to further the conquests of Alerar's former master tactician. I have, however, heard of your support to the locals and will assist to that capacity alone. If you can earn my trust in your cause, only then will I offer my full capabilities to you.

When the Blood Runs Dry (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?26849-When-the-Blood-Runs-Dry)

Silence Sei
08-26-14, 10:37 AM
All you guys are in, Muri, we're obviously in the midst of your recruitment.

Shadow, Matto, Sieg, PM me some ideas about a quest. They don't have to be with Sei. Play Back, Aimer Haine Rogers, and Steppenwolf (Though he's a reserve) are also all viable options to do a recruitment quest with, as well as any senior IK member if you'd prefer them (Hysteria, EI, Breaker, Amber Eyes, Etc etc) just PM them about it before setting anything in stone.

Try to get my people motivated, Newbies! :P

Karuka
08-26-14, 11:31 AM
Name: Karuka O'Sheean (Care-uh-kuh Oh-SHEE-an)
Character Alignment: Solidly chaotic, mostly good
What Team you'd like to join: Public Face
Why you think you'd be a good fit for the IK: Karu plays well with others. Also, Sei's been bugging me, not the other way around.
Skills you think could benefit us: Clairvoyance, just for a start. Can keep track of a certain Dahlios, for another.
Writing Sample (Can be from a quest or off the top of your head): I'm being recruited by Sei in These Old Familiar Woods and Hysteria in The Flame Casts a Shadow. If you want a post plastered, tell me and I will.

grim137
09-21-14, 05:57 PM
Xanbata needs direction and purpose. You guys need some one who will take on jobs that make your other members squeamish and uncomfortable.

Name: Xanbata Grim
Character Alignment: Chaotic Neutral. Xanbata does what he's ordered to do, what seems enjoyable and what pays well, in that order. Morality is not something he's real concerned about.
What team I'd like to be on: Wetworks.
Why am I a good fit for IK: Xanbata actually likes structure and being told what do do having been some combination of solider or sell sword all his lives (yes lives plural). Without somebody to tell him go here, do this he feels lost and without purpose.
Skills a that will benefit us: He's physically strong, has decent albeit crude skills with spirit magic, a master swordsman, and immortal.
Writting Sample: You've all see my work but I can dig something up if you'd like.

Enigmatic Immortal
09-22-14, 02:53 PM
Ok Grim, you black shadow and Matt will be working with me. We've been hired by a military fighting in Salvar to make their elite core disappear. This is a stealth then massacre mission. Report for duty soon.

grim137
09-22-14, 03:20 PM
Link?

Also I need to talk to Sei about my recruitment (I should just be able to use Wanting Again).

Enigmatic Immortal
09-22-14, 04:05 PM
Thread not up yet. Need to finish my plate before dessert.

black shadow
09-22-14, 07:14 PM
Aight, let me know when it's up. :)

matthewkuch
09-23-14, 06:30 AM
yeah just tell me when it is up

grim137
09-27-14, 12:17 PM
Just out of curiosity what's the ETA on this thread?

Enigmatic Immortal
09-27-14, 02:32 PM
Now. :D Click Here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28003-Wetworks-Initiation-Thread-The-Night-Walkers&p=235605#post235605)

No post order, just have fun. The first round posts can be as easy as you want or even filled with action, but the goal of the thread is to kind of dance around the Night Walkers for a moment, never being able to commit them until the Climax of the thread. I want to stress fun here. If you want to kill some Imperials and be all gun ho, go for it. Just keep the Night Walkers elusive and talented to show they aren't putzes. The way I see it, Mr. Grim if you would be so kind as to handle the Hex Mage, the elven duo will take on our dynamic duo of Shadow of Matt, and I'll get down and dirty with the Vampiro. Unless anyone wants to trade.

Silence Sei
09-28-14, 04:03 AM
grim, this week I should be able to post in Wanting Again.

black shadow
09-29-14, 06:34 AM
Okay, so Matt is probably going to post next. I will post last, since I have a different mission than the rest of you at the moment.

Also, should we start a discussion thread for this so we don't fill up the recruitment drive thread?

Rosie
09-29-14, 08:59 PM
Name: Rosie Algose
Alignment: Goodie-goodie

Personally I would just like to tend all the books in the castle library.
Or Info Team.

Rosie is an Info spounge, plus her telekinetic mind.

Sample:

Victor 'The Butcher' continued to smuggle Rosie underneath his shoulder through the gloomy hallway.

Shame...

How could I have... I mean, already... I tormented myself thinking about how utterly useless I have been. Stung, poisoned by winged demon bees. As we crept through the shadows of this cave Victor held me dear to his breast. Where we are going still unclear but Victor seemed determined to fallow the sweet aroma.

"Don't worry Rosie the pain should fade soon." Victor said to me, comforting, soothing. Holding me close I began to cough into his side violently, shivers began to race all though my body. "Now Girl," He started as he tried to shake me slightly. "you cant be giving up so easily. How are we going to get to know each other better if'n you go cold here." Blunt yet comforting words. "Now count with me. C'mon focus on me, forget about the pain." I hear him, though im shivering and in pain I hear him.

"One,.. Two,.. Three,.." He starts to count as they both hurried through the dark hallway.

One... Two... Three... I think with him, trying to stay with him. The pain feels like my blood is boiling, burning my entire shoulder where she had been stung. But I cant speak, not a word, anytime I try I loose my breath. Four... Five... I keep trying all I can focus on is I have to keep moving.

Once I read a book of the fauna of the region, The Easy Guide to Corone- Fauna. I remember doing some reading on the venom of the Demon Bee and their sting, the pain wile extreme does dissipate rapidly after mere minuets. Surely something Victor knew also seeing as he continues to try to focus me somewhere other than the pain.

"Five, six" Victor continues as I began to mouth them with him. Remarkably I begin to start to feel slightly better, still far from fine but better. My shivers has stopped and I begin to breath more regularly.

"Seven Eight!" Im able to say aloud with him, breaking past the pain. "Nine Ten!" I say louder as I start to hold more of my own weight as we moved.

"Are you fine Hon?" He asked me as I start to pull myself from him. He letting go of me gently and me wishing I could still lean against him. But this was no love story, and im not just a damsel in distress. I leave his arm and begin to walk alone, still hurting but well enough to walk. Nothing could hurt more than my pride, if I were to be a burden.

"Fine, thanks to you. How did you know to help me like that?" I ask truly wondering if he knew or was he running on instinct.

We continued in the direction of the aroma, ever vigilant to attack. If there were anyone around them I would be able to detect them telepathically. For now we seem safe. For now...

Enigmatic Immortal
09-30-14, 12:31 AM
As a captain, I can see zero reasons why we can't have a dedicated Librarian

Rosie
09-30-14, 12:56 AM
Awesome, I would enjoy a thread to make it concrete.

Enigmatic Immortal
09-30-14, 01:05 AM
well assuming Sei doesn't object...uh a slice of life thread would be possible with Jensen. If you're interested. :D

Rosie
09-30-14, 01:12 AM
Alright, it could take place just after the Wishing Well thread im in. Other than that i think im up for anything.

grim137
10-01-14, 09:37 AM
grim, this week I should be able to post in Wanting Again.

I'm going to hold you to that.

Silence Sei
10-04-14, 02:54 AM
Grim, though I know you applied for Wetworks, I don't feel like its proper for being your Primary Team. Given the direction our thread is going, would you mind making your main Team be Reformation and Wetworks as a Secondary?

grim137
10-04-14, 08:37 AM
I'm fine with that. Aside from the escape clause mentioned in the description are there any IC conditions that come with being on the reformation team that I should be aware of?

Silence Sei
10-04-14, 08:24 PM
The 'prisoners' in Reformation will have a mental 'tick' that if their 'keeper' (in this case, Kyla) thinks of, they will pass out embedded into their brain. Strong telepaths can overcome it, or a clever person can just escape while Kyla is distracted with something else. Think of them as mental handcuffs, of sorts.

grim137
10-04-14, 08:27 PM
So the mental tick is limited by range? Meaning if she was in Corone and I was in Salvar it wouldn't work?

Silence Sei
10-05-14, 03:32 AM
Right.

Viktor Sava
01-20-15, 09:23 AM
Expression of interest in Cavalieri d'Ixian formally submitted.

Silence Sei
01-20-15, 09:29 AM
Welcome Viktor, now whats say we get you started with a recruitment quest?

Viktor Sava
01-20-15, 09:43 AM
I'm all in. Let's do this.

Karuka
04-03-15, 02:12 PM
I'm formally withdrawing from the Ixian Knights.

Duffy
04-03-15, 04:48 PM
I'm firmly far-reaching and gate crashing my way back in.

Silence Sei
04-04-15, 07:37 AM
Sad to see you go Karu, and welcome home Duffy.