PDA

View Full Version : Does your character have a home region?

INDK
09-04-06, 11:24 AM
Many of us have characters that travel through different regions searching for adventure, as we check out the different features that the diversity of Althanas' regions have to offer. However, others tend to prefer to have their characters centered more in one region and their storylines revolve around that. This has its advantages as these characters can become increasingly involved in a storyline for that specific region enhancing their characters plots. For instance, it would be difficult to imagine Zeig without Haidia/Tular, or Findelfin without Raiaera.

How do you feel about your characters, are they primarily based out of a region, or do you prefer to have them as intercontinental wanderers?

(for people with multiple characters, feel free to vote with each character)

AdventWings
09-04-06, 11:32 AM
Well, I speak for the Girls when I say "Heck, yes!" That's one of the reason why I created Akashima in the first place. Plus, having a home region can add a heck lot of variety to the backstory and I'd like to share it with everyone here. The original Akashima is a bit different so I don't feel nervous about sharing this version. It is an Althanas-exclusive version of my ideal country.

Daggertail
09-04-06, 11:45 AM
nope, I don't like having a home region because it may limit what kind of RPs I can join and I don't mind being a wanderer. I'll be Scourge of Althanas' infinite seas. And there's the fact that having an established region as a home puts you at the mercy of the region's writer's whim if he or she wants to change it. Eh I just prefer messing around with the various regions since none really hold my interest for long since none have really suited my characters for the long run.

Witchblade
09-04-06, 12:07 PM
Witchblade doesn't have a home region, but my other character Ira does. She's based in Fallien and I find it doesn't so much as limit her as open things up to her in Fallien. Being one of the few natives from there, I think there is actually only one or two other players from Fallien, people just randomly ask you to join quests that are going on in there. 'Hey you're from Fallien, join my quest I have going on in there!' It's happened.

Workout Wonder
09-04-06, 12:21 PM
Not yet, but I'm hoping to make one. I feel ICly, my character needs a home. From there, he may meddle in other nations' affairs, but none the less he'll have a home.

Makira
09-04-06, 01:03 PM
Makira makes her home anywhere there is something to steal, but was raised in Corone.

MetalDrago makes his home in Concordia forest, and enjoys living in Salvar as well

Cyrus the virus
09-04-06, 01:57 PM
All my characters have a home region, in some way. I'll say yes for Izvilvin.

Krugor
09-04-06, 02:29 PM
Krugor doesn't have any. Yet. I need a region or city who would welcome a walking skeleton with love.

So I voted for the third option, because I would like him to have a home somewhere. Maybe it'll be the Tular Plains, since I'm going to force Zerith and Grim to make Xaliel a city of cookery! Heck yes.

Damion Shargath
09-04-06, 03:33 PM
Yep. Damion is your archetype Salvic psycho.

Run
09-04-06, 03:49 PM
I intend on establishing Salvar as July's home through the Church.

Damion Shargath
09-04-06, 03:57 PM
Church? A Salvic Do-Gooder? Want to be my nemesis? :p

Run
09-04-06, 04:06 PM
Haha, sure, if July was going to be a do gooder. He's only in it for the money and the perks, he doesn't beleive in any higher powers. Also, the ability to abuse one's authority might come in handy for him, haha.

Artifex Felicis
09-04-06, 04:15 PM
Leon used to have a home somehwere in Corone, near Underwood (if that still exists) and a little bit in the Concordia Forest. Though that's more so fallen through. Or burned to the ground as the more accurate staement, but either really works.

I do want to find a home for Leon thogh, so that was he has both a place to sleep and NOT have to pay and also so he isn't a hobo. I'm actually begining to lean towards Salvar or Alerar in this case. Though the latter may be harder with Leon's history in Raiera. :P

As for actual birth, I've always had it in my mind that Leon wasn't from any of the major continents, but just another one accross seas or something. Too bad I didn't get a chance to write it up for the region contest

Ashiakin
09-04-06, 04:19 PM
Ashiakin is from Salvar, albeit a very long time ago.

Wyn is from Corone, but he is indifferent toward it as a nation.

Saxon
09-04-06, 05:46 PM
Yes :eek:. When I made Saxon I had the intent to give him a bit of a home everywhere in Althanas. As long as the slippery weird has access to the realm of Tsep the world is his oyster. Also, because hes from another world I suppose Saxon could be considered alien :D.

DarkStrike
09-04-06, 05:52 PM
My vote was "No, but I'd like to establish one." but that would require us to make the City of Angels, Angelus, an actual place...

Chidori Draconid
09-05-06, 11:40 PM
Nu Gua's Ethiopia Estate just east of Eluriand, Raiaera. It's temporary though. I'm working on another home in my quest so appropriately named... Home.

Dissinger
09-06-06, 12:35 AM
The Lavinians certainly have a home, established and lost to the times of Althanas. I tried to develope it once, but in the end I decided to scrap it. Anyone who wants the information on Lavinya only need ask and it'll be PMed to ya.

Jasmine
09-06-06, 01:46 AM
Jasmine isn't from one of the continents that is already up, hence why I wrote up her homeland for the regions contest. Cassy is from Radasanth, Poison from a hidden place in the north of Corone, and Beauty is from Salvar.

Sighter Tnailog
09-06-06, 10:23 AM
Findelfin's villa is located above Valinatal.

Alexander
09-06-06, 03:52 PM
Alexander was born in Corone, but about 7,000 years ago. Not really a home anymore since the entire government system has changed about 12 times.

Elrundir
09-06-06, 04:12 PM
Elrundir is, not surprisingly, Raiaeran.

hamnat
09-08-06, 03:34 PM
Shenjara's home is the recently burned down village in the middle of the Scara-Braean forest. *sniff* bad memories.....*sniff*

brickshoemaster
02-03-08, 07:08 AM
Not really, it's sort of just, somewhere in a forest.

Zephyriah
02-05-08, 08:31 AM
Zephyriah's home region is Corone, but due to his heritage, crimes, and other stuff, I can fit him comfortably in just about any region.

Corvus MacCallum
02-05-08, 11:51 AM
Somewhat Salvar, though the village wasn't settled by Salvar natives and remained isolated and self-sufficient, resulting in a community of Salvar that dosen't speak the language only common and Highlander. Danube also keeps out of the affairs of church and king with neither being appreciated by the Highlanders and certainly not an influence on them.

Elijah_Morendale
02-05-08, 11:58 AM
Elijah was born and raised in Salvar, although I can take him just about anywhere.

Jobe
02-05-08, 06:05 PM
Jack is from Earth in a little, backwater town I made up called Morwell in Virginia, so I guess you could say he doesn't really have a home 'region' per se. I still agree with the person who brought up the issue that location should be replaced with hometown. Gives it more substance, so to speak. ;)

Caden Law
02-05-08, 06:10 PM
Caden was born and raised in Salvar, but struck out into the world and hasn't really been back since. Currently his two most Involved places are Scara Brae and Raiaera, though I'd like to cannonball him into Alerar, Deathain and other regions as well...particularly that big honking supercontinent nobody's really made use of yet :D

Edward Judorne
02-07-08, 01:00 AM
Not sure If I voted correctly. Edward is from the island of Sirvano, a place I made up myself. I am calling that his home region, but it's not exactly a region now, is it? that's why I said 'No, but i'd like to establish one'

Godhand
02-08-08, 04:45 PM
Godhand is from West Philadelphia, born and raised on the playground is where he spent most of his days chilling out maxing relaxing all cool and all shooting some b-ball outside of the school when a couple of guys who were up to no good started making trouble in his neighborhood he got in one little fight and his mom got scared and said you're moving with your auntie and uncle to Bel-Air.

Zook Murnig
02-08-08, 07:21 PM
Caduceus lives right out of camera view in this scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb1LeDMC3mI&NR=1).