PDA

View Full Version : Manticore Hunting

Arden
10-01-13, 05:17 PM
So...we have a job to do. The manticore, though, is no easy foe.

Anyone think they have what it takes, at the potential risk of death, to tackle this conundrum? Apply within.

The Manticore of Scara Brae: It has been going around that a manticore, of all things, has been sweeping up the people of Scara Brae in the middle of the night and leaving no trace of them. Your job is to find this beast and slay him. Be mindful of its shark like teeth, scorpion tail, and spiky projectiles that can be fired from said tail.

Rewards: Alongside different manticore parts (tough lion fur, shark teeth, poison glands), you will also receive whatever is currently in the beast's stomach, as well as some coin for your efforts.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-01-13, 06:14 PM
Depending on how much of my current work-load I get done in the next few days, I'd be available for this.

I'm not officially a member of the monster hunting team, but I'm available for merc work, and if I could call dibs on the poisons glands, or teeth...

Also, this may come in handy for anyone who doesn't know what a manticore looks like:
http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu84/Anarchist147/Manticore_zps575afd49.jpg (http://s636.photobucket.com/user/Anarchist147/media/Manticore_zps575afd49.jpg.html)

Silence Sei
10-01-13, 06:18 PM
Actually, the Manticore is that, minus the Lion head. We're going traditional human head for this one.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-01-13, 06:21 PM
Aaaah, fair enough cutter.

Well, after managing finally to start catching up with my work (Hound, got a post coming up for Ruby in the next day or two), my offer to help here is still open should you wish to take me up on it.

Choice is entirely yours' lads.

Arden
10-02-13, 03:14 PM
I think Aur's presence would be welcomed, as would Hysteria.

I'd ideally like to get a third member. Anyone?

Silence Sei
10-02-13, 03:17 PM
I could throw in someone, provided nobody else volunteers.

Mordelain
10-02-13, 03:19 PM
That'd be grand.

I think Sei might be a little overkill for the creature I had in mind, :cool:

Silence Sei
10-02-13, 03:22 PM
I didn't say Sei, did I? : D

Mordelain
10-02-13, 03:27 PM
Say Sei all you like if you want to say it Sei.

Paragon
10-02-13, 04:24 PM
The Labor Team could use more supplies. Could throw my hat into this.

Mordelain
10-02-13, 04:26 PM
It'd be a pleasure, Paragon.

I dare say I know you're good for, though this should be easier than the Crab. It also will be finished quicker than a year :cool:.

This thread's now for OOC, so, questions?

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-02-13, 04:28 PM
The creature still has wings, even though it has the human head, correct?

Mordelain
10-02-13, 04:29 PM
It's as it appears in the picture.

Due to the fact it's Arden and Lillith, I've gone for a more Akashiman iteration of what a manticore would be.

In essence, it's a kami version. The wings are more for show, though, it levitates as opposes to flies.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-02-13, 04:32 PM
Okie doke. :P I think that's all I'd really need to know before we start.

Mordelain
10-02-13, 10:04 PM
Jeesh, just re-read and editted.

I need to stop speed posting.

Silence Sei
10-02-13, 10:24 PM
I actually had Dorian in mind when I came up with the idea for the Manticore XD

Hysteria
10-07-13, 03:54 AM
Sorry for the late post, are we good to start posting?

Mordelain
10-07-13, 06:00 AM
Arrive at your leisure.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-07-13, 06:05 AM
I'll hopefully have my post up today.

Mordelain
11-07-13, 01:28 PM
Good to see you're still on board Paragon.

To whomsoever posts next, you are free to chose between catching glimpses of the beast as we pursue it through the cluttered streets, or begin a scorpion-esque encounter ala Wrath of the Titans/Clash of the Titans. Feel free to co-ordinate here, or via PM, on how you wish to do this and work together. You may bunny Arden in your posts alongside you, if you so wish.

Only request; don't allude to the creature's gender if you do get close, not yet, at least. Any questions?