PDA

View Full Version : A new person.

Krausus
10-19-13, 10:31 PM
Contrary to most beliefs. I do on occasion ask people to join the site. Anyways. I met this guy on another RP site. And so. This is Our newest fresh fruit.

Fruit. Say hello.

Sanste
10-19-13, 10:36 PM
Hello, I'm the fresh meat that Krausus invited. Seems like a very interesting site with lots of opportunity for stories and being creative. However, I'm very new to this role playing stuff and don't really have any experience.

Hope to have a good time and please be gentle with me. :)

Witchblade
10-19-13, 10:40 PM
FRESH MEAT!!!!

*offers cookies*

Welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy yourself and stay for a while. I love having new people to torture--I mean write with. ^_^

Sanste
10-19-13, 10:42 PM
Sorry, don't have a sweet tooth. Let Krausus have the cookies for letting me know of this site.

Also, thank you for the warm welcome.

Witchblade
10-19-13, 10:44 PM
O_O

*offers beer then*

I'll just go cry in the corner or something if you don't accept that.

Sanste
10-19-13, 10:50 PM
Sorry, don't like beer either... Water or milk is what I generally drink. Again, give the beer to Karusus. I'm sure he would like some.

Otto
10-19-13, 11:41 PM
You don't like the rotted juice of boiled up barley babies? HEATHEN!

Hello, and welcome to the site! If you have any questions, ask away :)

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-19-13, 11:50 PM
Any of the staff (we of the italicised names) would be more than happy to answer any queries you might have.

Or, if you prefer, hop into Chat and talk to some of the other members there. They're a nice enough bunch if you don't feed them after midnight, and most are happy to answer any questions you may have about Althanas.

Glad to have you on board, cutter.

Ashla
10-20-13, 12:10 PM
Welcome to the best RP site EVER! :)
I hope you have a great time here.

... And you're decision to not take the cookies or beer was very wise, my friend xD

Sanste
10-20-13, 01:30 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome. Hoping to post my character description within a few days once I finish a rough draft.

Btw, what's in the beer? I was reading some threads so I finally realized what a lifesaver not having a sweet tooth is.

Ashla
10-20-13, 06:18 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome. Hoping to post my character description within a few days once I finish a rough draft.

Btw, what's in the beer? I was reading some threads so I finally realized what a lifesaver not having a sweet tooth is.

I don't know what's in the beer but it still seems like it would be terrible xD And I'm excited to see your character!

Brand
10-20-13, 06:26 PM
Also. Here's fresh meat 2-Zarkin.

Other Meat. Say hello.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-20-13, 06:27 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense to start a new intro thread for him, instead of cluttering up Sanste's?

People might miss it, since it's in with this one.

Brand
10-20-13, 06:39 PM
True.

Otto
10-20-13, 06:45 PM
Beer?

*Scratches head*

Well, typically, it's barley grain which has been germinated in order to convert the starch stores into a type of sugar called maltose. The grains are then roasted to one degree of another, which caramelises the sugars (stronger roast = more caramelisation = darker colour, toasty flavour, less fermentable sugar), and mashed (steeped in hot water to let the sugars soak out into the liquid, called 'wort'). You usually add hops, too, which are a flower bud from a type of vine, which adds alpha acids and provide a) some nice floral flavours, b) bitterness, and c) natural preservatives. Then you add the yeast, let it ferment the sugars into ethanol as well as a few other flavour-enhancing byproducts, and then you have beer. Hopefully.

Brand
10-20-13, 06:48 PM
Also, Sanste, Zark. This guy above. Otto. I beleive hes majoring
In biology?

Witchblade
10-20-13, 06:49 PM
Reading that really makes me want beer...

*looks at glass of rum and frowns*

It's just not good enough anymore!

The Inventor
10-21-13, 12:08 AM
Welcome to the land of Althanas. Where the world is trapped in the time of fantasy. The place where you can learn to write as you play. The place where you can be whatever you want to be, as long as you're not a Mary Sue.

BlueSunUmbra
10-25-13, 02:37 AM
Welcome to the site, it is truly awesome. Hope you enjoy it... smh.. what am I talking about... of course you will enjoy it. right?-RIGHT!!? *sobs*... *goes to the corner of the dark room and gets into fetal position* I want cheese from the holy cow.

Robin
10-25-13, 04:47 AM
Hi, greetings from a fellow newbie. I hope you will have it fun!

Hysteria
11-02-13, 06:18 AM

HA! Witch, you're going to have to start offering something else to the new starters, your reputation for poision cookies is preceeding you :p

Welcome Sanste!