PDA

View Full Version : MQ: Torn Between Scylla and Charybdiss (Recruitment and disccusion thread)

Dissinger
10-21-13, 06:19 PM
Hello folks. I know I haven't been the most public of figures as of late but I recently was given the task of working on Alerar. As I am able to keep up with threads and quite active I had an idea that allows our newer player base a chance to make canon history in Althanas. The situation in Alerar has taken a dire twist and a new development has occurred in the Alerian Government. It will be up to the PC's to make heads or tails of this and help one of the factions in Alerar take the first step towards taking out the other. This thread is not about fighting, if you character is not capable of intrigue or politics this may not be your thread. This will be a roleplay heavy thread where you guys get to decide which group you throw your weight behind.

I am asking for players of level no greater than 3 for this thread. (Level 2 by the old system) Older and more established characters will get their chance later, but for now we're focusing on a grassroots campaign and lower level characters are more likely to be picked up by the organizations involved for this. I would like for three people to accompany my Mage Hunter account as she returns to Alerar for the first time in years. This will not be a legal crossing either as she has been exiled for being a part of the former monarchy. You folks will be making the decisions, and Drusilia will side with the group over her people if it comes to that. So don't worry about having to fight her down the road, but this is your chance to make history in Alerar, and set up something for the older players to enjoy!

QM: Mage Hunter
1: Stormborn God
2: Avus_Insectum
3: Musashi

Stormborn God
10-21-13, 06:26 PM
If I get approved in time. I might join here.

Avus_Insectium
10-21-13, 08:47 PM
I'm game bro. I'm also Elthas but I want to join with this character to build him up. Thank you in advance if you accept me :) .

Dalasi
10-21-13, 09:49 PM
If you require another drow presence on your force, I would be vested in participating. I appreciate you may wish to write with new players (based on your description), however. I leave it up to you.

Dissinger
10-21-13, 11:06 PM
So I forgot to limit this to one character per player. I'd like four minds working on this rather than three. Cyd if you wish to join that's fine, if you want to bow out for another new blood that's fine too.

Musashi
10-22-13, 07:50 AM
I am looking to start making a bigger impact on the site in general so as a new player I'd like to join up.

Dissinger
10-22-13, 09:50 PM
So It looks like I have four people here. Cyd you still want in on this? I MIGHT forsee expanding this to Musashi...but that would be an absolute hardcap.

Mordelain
10-22-13, 10:45 PM
I defer to others here, as per your intention.

Dissinger
10-23-13, 02:23 AM
So I got my three, I shall have an opener up soon. When i do I'll post a little primer here of what to expect with your first posts.

Mage Hunter
10-28-13, 02:57 PM
Post is here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?26195-MQ-Torn-Between-Scylla-and-Charybdiss&goto=newpost). You guys have a few options for being here. Feel free to run with whatever ideas you have you can ask questions in here but the ground rules are simple.

1) No bar fights caused during introductions.

2) Try not to murder anyone no matter how much you might want to.

3) If you try to Approach Drusilia that is fine understand she will be curt with you because she is currently talking to the barkeep trying to figure out what the hell he is talking about.

Dru is talking in the Alerian Language with the barkeep which most of the people in this country do as well. The barkeep can speak common but tends to prefer his native tongue. If you come up for anything fromt he barkeep he will try to keep talking to dru as much as possible while being short and curt on his answers to you as he gets to enjoy talking with a native rather than some foreigner. Its not that he's racist its that he finds the conversation with Dru more interesting and is trying to get back to her as much as possible. When ever you see the brackets [ ] that means the words are in Alerian.

Dissinger
10-30-13, 08:11 PM
Hoping that the other two people that were part of this haven't left the site yet. I'll give them to the end of the week to come back as I understand that Halloween and all makes this time Chaotic, if you could at least post and tell me you're aware guys I'd appreciate it.

Brand
10-30-13, 08:48 PM
Sorry. I shall have a post up soon. Writing a reply for a different site.

Avus_Insectium
10-30-13, 09:38 PM
I'm still here dude. I'm gonna be in the quest for the long haul as long as it's GONNA get done. I can stick it out to the end, don't worry bro :) .

Musashi
11-01-13, 08:17 AM
Still here, writing as you read this. if I haven't already posted.

Mage Hunter
11-06-13, 04:23 PM
Bar fight. Drusilia is willing to pay for any damages that occur. No killing, just some good old fashioned fun. We'll go a couple of posts with the fighting before someone comes in to break it up. Feel free to do what you will be it help or duck behind the bar to figure out what the hell is going on.

Dissinger
11-11-13, 01:13 PM
Stormborn, I appreciate your effort to hurry up the fight and whatnot, but I was waiting to see if Avus was going to post. Infact I was about to post and ask if Pavel was still going to be a part of the project when I saw your post. I really appreciate your enthusiasim, but Pavel could you get back to me on whether you want to continue or not. I know you're busy with Raiaera's MQ so just let me know.

Stormborn God
11-11-13, 03:49 PM
If you need I can delete it, I just figured that I had procrastinated on it long enough. So. Yea.

Musashi
11-16-13, 06:59 AM
So guys what's the plan?

Im not sure if wwer're waiting for avus, or if I can post?

Dissinger
11-16-13, 02:23 PM
I sent Avus a PM on his mod account to make sure hes fled the scene. If he doesn't reply soon I'll just continue without him. I would like for you guys to take advantage of the Alerar focus month so Trust me when I say that we'll be moving faster.

Musashi
11-16-13, 06:29 PM
Ok, so I'll wait for either you or avus.

And then I'll keep up.

Musashi
12-08-13, 01:53 PM
So... Whats going on?

Dr. Why
12-08-13, 06:44 PM
Reply up soonish. Within. 8pm to 4am