PDA

View Full Version : Quests/Battles?

Slativ
10-25-13, 07:43 PM
Are there any open quests or battles a new role player like me can join? I do not really have previous experience but I'll do my best.

Thank you.

Silence Sei
10-25-13, 07:53 PM
By simply asking questions like this, people will answer.

For example, I will be happy to start a quest or battle with you, if you'd like. So long as your character has went through the Realm of Greeting and is officially registered now. :D

Brand
10-25-13, 08:01 PM
I have an open quest on an Alt that you're welcome to join, but i would recommend going with Sei, as my writing is a bit jumbled and hard to work with.

Franky!
10-25-13, 08:14 PM
Any wiggle room for another newbie under those lovely wings perchance? I was also going through different threads to see if anything was open when I stumbled upon this gem. Um... forewarning, VEEEEERY little experience with RP, especially of the PBP sort.

Brand
10-25-13, 08:19 PM
As i have a new idea, you both are welcome to join the quest i want to start up to get a new ability, Silvertongue, as in Inkheart. PM me for details if ya want.

Slativ
10-25-13, 08:22 PM
Thank you for your kind replies. I would love to try out a quest or battle if you don't mind me. I do not really have any experience so I might need some help or suggestions as I go along.

For Realm of Greeting, I assume you mean coming up with a character description and getting it approved. If so, I believe I finished that and Luned approved and moved to the Registration Archive.

Thank you again.

BlackAndBlueEyes
10-25-13, 08:23 PM
Franky, if you'd like to learn the ropes of PBP, I'd love to help you out with a quick, breezy thread.

Franky!
10-25-13, 08:34 PM
UUUUUU learning the rules would be a great help, BlackandBlueEyes. I've read whatever I could find, but sometimes jumping in is a little easier for me. I am also interested in what Brand just posted. Would that be Inkheart as in the books by Cornella Funke? I actually have two of those on my shelf from... let's see... what year was the first published? Been a lloooooooong while. Maybe a light thread would be best to start, though. What did you have in mind BlackandBlueEyes? And thanks everyone for being so helpful O_O You're awesome.

Brand
10-25-13, 08:35 PM
No prob dude, itll be open to ya if you want anytime, and yes, the books by CF, which were published in '03

BlackAndBlueEyes
10-25-13, 08:45 PM
Welp, I'm trying to take a break from battle threads, and I have a few ideas floating around in my head...

How would you like to help my character understand the concept and applications of fire magic so she can build a wrist-mounted flamethrower?

Slativ
10-25-13, 08:47 PM
So I should probably go with Sei as a newbie? If so, do you mind helping me out, Sei?

Thank you all for your advice and offers.

Silence Sei
10-25-13, 08:48 PM
Franky, Slativ, I would be more than happy to start up a quest with you guys, either as a trio or as two separate quests. Do you guys have any ideas as to where you want to take your characters?

Slativ
10-25-13, 08:58 PM
Still reading through histories and different places. From what I seen so far, there's a lot of interesting places and I don't really mind which one. For separate or together, it's up to Franky. I do not mind either way.

Thank you for your help Sei.

Franky!
10-25-13, 09:06 PM
I could certainly try, but keep in mind there are some fundamental things about fire magic that, although Franky could learn in theory, she never truly grasped. I'd be more than happy to try, though I have one question pertaining to the type of fire magic Franky uses as it is compared to many other fire magicians on Althanas. How do I word it... I have a general idea of what fuels Franky's explosive fire magic, but does it need to be similar to other people in Althanas and how they use fire? Would it screw things up if she wasn't using a similar concept? Stupid question, but.. required >_<

Sorry, I started responding before reading the other posts. In terms of quests, I am very interested in trying one out. Now, I did a bit of research on different places, and the one most suited for my character would be a rather busy place where she can create havoc, but not be questioned. It'd be somewhere she can blend in with the crowd. I was considering Corone because of the port and the fact that it probably gets a lot of travelers, although I'm pretty much up for anything as I always feel like I've never done enough reading to make decisions o-O It doesn't help that I'm AWFUL at making decisions.

Thank you for all your help

Atzar
10-25-13, 09:07 PM
Hey,

Just a friendly bit of advice to anybody interested: if you're looking to wet your feet in play-by-post RP, consider using the Writer's Workshop when you finish a thread. By submitting threads to the Workshop, the community as a whole will look over your thread and offer commentary and suggestions. I've found it very helpful in my time; perhaps you will too.

Welcome to Althanas! I hope you enjoy yourselves!

Silence Sei
10-25-13, 09:10 PM
I could certainly try, but keep in mind there are some fundamental things about fire magic that, although Franky could learn in theory, she never truly grasped. I'd be more than happy to try, though I have one question pertaining to the type of fire magic Franky uses as it is compared to many other fire magicians on Althanas. How do I word it... I have a general idea of what fuels Franky's explosive fire magic, but does it need to be similar to other people in Althanas and how they use fire? Would it screw things up if she wasn't using a similar concept? Stupid question, but.. required >_<

No, you can have your fire magic be created however you like. It could come from a demon chipmunk breathing coals into the neck of Satan that bubbles up from the ground for all we care. Thats the beauty of Althanas, everyone is different in their own way!

Franky!
10-25-13, 09:12 PM
HAHAHA! That's some of the best advice I've heard all day, Sei! :D Thanks for the tip

Silence Sei
10-25-13, 09:37 PM
No problem. I'll actually have the quest with yall two up soon (I decided to just make it a trio quest).

I'm not sure which character I'm going to use for it as of right now though, if that's ok.

Slativ
10-25-13, 10:04 PM
Sounds good to me. I'm not too picky since I'm new and trying to just gain experience with how to role play.

Zack Blaze
10-25-13, 10:10 PM
Then I'll show you the ropes with this account. Expect the quest to be up tonight, and linked within this thread!

Franky!
10-25-13, 10:39 PM
Cool beans, thank you kindly!

Zack Blaze
10-26-13, 12:40 AM
Here ya go, guys! (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?26179-Be-It-Ever-So-Humble&p=216635#post216635)

If you have any questions, PM me on my Sei account or IM my AIM account, Ashtonwise