PDA

View Full Version : Character Concept

He'll Scream
09-07-06, 02:39 PM
When I made this character, I tried to think of something no one on Althanas had done before as far as abilities goes. In your opinion, do you think I've acheived that or am I just another blip on the radar? Just lookin' for some feed back.

~Jimmy

Kai
09-08-06, 08:34 AM
just remind me not to fight you at later levels and i will smile and nod my head in agreement with ya

as for using sound, although i can't remember the name of the character, i am rping with a little lizard/bat who has just pretty much deafened the poor half elf ^_^ ... by accident too

Storm Veritas
09-08-06, 08:53 AM
It's not completely original, as there were a few Marvel and DC Comic Heroes with sound amplification, but nothing is complete inspiration. For the most part, it's a very, very creative character, and I look forward to reading some stuff there.

By the way, the word is "Cancelled".

INDK
09-08-06, 01:16 PM
I don't believe any character has taken such a holistic approach to sound as you have, though some characters do have super loud type abilities such as Rosebud's Sonic Scream.

Ashiakin
09-08-06, 01:40 PM
Your character has the coolest name ever.

Ter-Thok
09-08-06, 01:43 PM
Nicely done. The "human weapon" angle has been done before, but not to a point where it's a cliche; besides, the detail you went into definitely helps to improve that. Snazzy superpowers, too; I know, at some point, I would enjoy facing this supervoiced gentleman on the battlefield.

And having to whisper all the time? Bad-ass. Seriously.

Sighter Tnailog
09-08-06, 02:28 PM
Findelfin would NOT want to fight you. Your sound-cancelling ability would pretty much render his song magic impossible.

Caerah
09-08-06, 02:35 PM
I have to agree with the other posters. Sound based attacks aren't completely original, but they're a lot less common than most character ideas. Mine is pretty common (healer basically) so I tried to come up with a more original twist.

I'd say you're overall concept is pretty neat though.

Artifex Felicis
09-09-06, 03:12 PM
Great, now I feel like part of the plans of where I'm taken Leon seem to be copied =P

On a serious note, I like the way how it looks like it was set up. Also for explaining why he isn't deaf either. Hopefully if you play it out right the kid will turn out to be a pretty awesome charector. He certainly has the groundwork for it.

He'll Scream
09-09-06, 03:37 PM
My first idea with this character, was that I wanted to make a really geeky sort of character, who really wouldn't be one to fight, but would have a hidden, powerful ability. What better for a weak geek to do but scream when he's scared?

Yeah see i actually got the sound ideas from a few other concepts such as Banshee and Siren (Marvel Characters) and even a super power class in the Online RPG ' City of Heroes '. But from what I knew of these other sound based characters, they never DID explain why they didn't hurt themselves when they screamed. They probably did, i just didnt read far enough into it. My character's insecurity about his abilities also plays a huge part, the reason why he is so insecure will unfold throughout several quests.

And thanks for the spelling lesson Storm. ; )

Osato
09-09-06, 05:28 PM
I voted for go away...

But that's just because I really want you to actually come over, at the moment, and celebrate Evan's b-day.

ANYWAY, I can't wait to get some quests down with us, they are going to kick some ass. Hopefully. Lol