PDA

View Full Version : Hello there, nice website!

Erikar
10-28-13, 12:11 PM
Hello there, members of Althanas! I have just recently joined after being referred here by a member named Lye. This website looks amazing, and I love the continuity of this roleplay. I hope to have a wonderful experience and better my writing skills along the way. Now, a little about myself, I guess. My screen name is Erikar, which will be the name of my character whenever I find time to post a character sheet. My real name is Ryan, and I am currently posting this from my Vocational School where I learn Welding. I do not plan on going to college. Instead, I'm hoping I could get placed in a Fabrication factory by the school. I have aspirations of becoming an Artisan Sword-smith, and currently hold a minimum wage job at Taco Hell. I live in Ohio currently, born and raised in Georgia, and have many interests and hobbies besides role-playing. Nice to meet you all, I hope to have a great time c:

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-28-13, 12:12 PM
Glad to have you aboard cutter.

My Dad actually knew the last sword-smith here in Scotland. If he hadn't died years before my birth, I'd be on the same track as you.

Luned
10-28-13, 12:20 PM
Welcome, glad to have you hear! I'm sure knowing Lye is super helpful, but still, don't hesitate to ask any questions. : )

BlackAndBlueEyes
10-28-13, 12:48 PM
Welcome to Althanas!

If you have any questions, feel free to pop into chat or send a PM to anyone with an italicized or shiny name!

Protip: The only time you shouldn't ignore talk about cookies is when I warn you about said talk about cookies or when Witchblade offers you some. Everything else can be considered spam.

Christoph
10-28-13, 03:22 PM
When I saw the thread title, I totally thought it was a bot thread. Yay for pleasant surprises! Welcome. I also live in Ohio (a recent development).

Come to me with lore/setting type questions. I'll be glad to help you immerse yourself and your character into the world.

hoytti
10-28-13, 03:27 PM
Welcome aboard the Althanas Express. Here you will see many creatures you've never seen before as well as learn the skill of writing. Next stop, the planet of Althanas.

Lye
10-28-13, 03:54 PM
Glad to have you join the family Ryan! If you have any questions getting started or need a hand with ideas for quests and characters, you have but to ask.

I look forward to reading your writing and getting you involved in Althanas history! :)

Witchblade
10-28-13, 05:24 PM
Welcome to Althanas!

Please keep your arms and legs inside the forum at all times, and please, refrain from feeding the moderators. They get a little needy.

*offers you a plate of still hot chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven*

I made them with love. ^_^

Erikar
10-28-13, 07:13 PM
Glad to have you aboard cutter.

My Dad actually knew the last sword-smith here in Scotland. If he hadn't died years before my birth, I'd be on the same track as you.

That's awesome! I'm the son of an Englishman and an Irishwoman, so I actually plan on visiting Scotland and the surrounding area. Is it worth the trip?

Welcome, glad to have you hear! I'm sure knowing Lye is super helpful, but still, don't hesitate to ask any questions. : )

Rest assured, I will ask any and every question that comes to mind. Thank you!

Welcome to Althanas!

If you have any questions, feel free to pop into chat or send a PM to anyone with an italicized or shiny name!

Protip: The only time you shouldn't ignore talk about cookies is when I warn you about said talk about cookies or when Witchblade offers you some. Everything else can be considered spam.

Gotcha, appreciate the heads-up. O_O

When I saw the thread title, I totally thought it was a bot thread. Yay for pleasant surprises! Welcome. I also live in Ohio (a recent development).

Come to me with lore/setting type questions. I'll be glad to help you immerse yourself and your character into the world.

Haha, no, thankfully. I just like being polite. And excellent, we can discuss how no place in the entire world should experience all four seasons in one day C: Also, there will be plenty questions incoming, just give me a little time.

Welcome aboard the Althanas Express. Here you will see many creatures you've never seen before as well as learn the skill of writing. Next stop, the planet of Althanas.

Punch my ticket, Captain! I'm ready! I like to think of myself as slightly competent at writing, so let's hope it's improve instead of learn, otherwise I shall be severely disappointed in myself.

Glad to have you join the family Ryan! If you have any questions getting started or need a hand with ideas for quests and characters, you have but to ask.

I look forward to reading your writing and getting you involved in Althanas history!

To be honest, I'm really glad I saw your invitation. I'm looking forward to writing for you and getting involved. I'll make sure you all get plenty of questions to answer for me ;D

Welcome to Althanas!

Please keep your arms and legs inside the forum at all times, and please, refrain from feeding the moderators. They get a little needy.

*offers you a plate of still hot chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven*

I made them with love. ^_^

For me? I barely know you guys, this is great c:! *takes cookies* Would you like one, Witchblade?

Sanste
10-28-13, 07:15 PM
Hello there, I hope you have a great time here. I'm rather new myself and so far I found the people really nice here. If you want some people to talk to and get advice, try going into the chat (at least that's how I've gotten a lot of help).

Also, I'm not sure what happened to witchblade during her childhood but her 'love' seems a bit twisted for some reason so be careful of offers from her. *Says a pray for the cat who ate her cookies*

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-28-13, 07:18 PM
I recommend visiting the Scottish highlands, and maybe a few of the cities. Generally, the people are arseholes if they're, say, under 25. Anyone above, especially in the pub, and even more so when they find out you're American (presumably), will treat you good as gold. ;)

But definitely prefer the highlands to the cities.

Ashla
10-28-13, 07:24 PM
Welcome to Althanas! :)

hoytti
10-28-13, 08:06 PM
*Punches Ticket* Well then, as a veteran, you should be able to rise through the ranks in not time.

Witchblade
10-29-13, 03:02 PM
Of course I want one, they're chocolate chip!

*eats one of her cookies*

Hopefully you like it here and stick around. We can always use some fresh meat. ^_^

BlueSunUmbra
11-02-13, 03:49 AM
Welcome, I'm still new here myself. The people here are pretty awesome. I hope your stay becomes as pleasurable as mine has been!