PDA

View Full Version : To Kill A Mocking Bard

Duffy
11-15-13, 02:25 AM
For a long time, I've been working towards my first, categorical, epic character death.

The story began in The Restless Fugitive, whereby Pettigrew Jones becomes the new troupe leader of Scara Brae, and we see Duffy begin to come undone. The second, Goodbye, Goodbye, looks at Duffy's attempts to allay the inevitable; the Forgotten One Oblivion has gathered enough power and influence over the material world to begin to possess, and ultimate overwhelm Duffy Brandybuck.

As I'm sure most will understand, allowing a Forgotten One to return to Althanas, after so many died, and sacrifice much to free us of their tyranny, is simply not permissible.

Come the third, one of three things will happen (I'm writing on the premise I'm not sure what will happen until it does):

1. Duffy will, as you might expect, actually die.

2. Duffy will, as I always intended, fuse with Ruby or Pettigrew, sealing away Oblivion in a 'spirit tomb'. This means he'll be around in spirit.

3. Duffy will sing the Last Song with the troupe, destroying his body, and being reborn as his first self, like all the other members have endured, and in doing so, free himself of the Tap Curse that has crippled him. That, however, will come at high cost.

I am essentially looking for one, note one writer to work with. The person in question must have a history with Duffy, preferably influence in Scara Brae, and not be afraid to sully his or her hands to prevent Oblivion's return. I ask three things from that person, consistency - not in posting speed, but in writing. Posting unedited is fine, but by end game, we mutually need to proof read till our eyes bleed. Second, patience. This may go quickly, or not - thirdly, the character ideally is set to gain from the Molyneux Edict's abolishment (the law that prevents open displays of magic in Scara Brae's streets).

Is anyone interested?

Witchblade
11-15-13, 04:37 AM
I would be very interested in this, but I don't think Witchy and Duffy have a good enough history together to make this the emotional thread you'd want it to be.

Silence Sei
11-15-13, 06:59 AM
Yo?

Otto
11-15-13, 08:37 AM
Godspeed.

Duffy
11-15-13, 09:45 AM
Whatever the outcome, there's likely a place for at least a cameo in the narrative leading up to Duffy's death/ascension/exile.

Witchblade, don't discount yourself so hastily. From what we've seen of one another in Dheathain, I think there's a lot of parables to be drawn.

Sei, I think you've a part to play, namely, I need Wainwright's Eye back from you :p.

Otto, you get to look after grieving Ruby, so you'll need the godspeed!

Silence Sei
11-15-13, 10:47 AM
No indian giving!

Witchblade
11-15-13, 04:44 PM
Heh, all right. Well keep me in mind either way, I highly enjoy writing with you and will edit the crap out of my work just for you. :p

Mordelain
11-15-13, 04:55 PM
As far a we're concerned, it's me who needs to edit :cool:.

I think it'd be prudent to have Witch at the scene when the song is sung, at the very least. That way, everyone could perhaps benefit from it.

Witchblade
11-15-13, 05:00 PM
Okay, we'll work something out. See if we can prolong our Dheathain adventures a bit so Witchy actually starts liking Duffy a bit more than she does right now. XD

Enigmatic Immortal
11-15-13, 07:49 PM
And No Jensen?

Mordelain
11-15-13, 07:51 PM
The time line is:

The Restless Fugitive, Standing Tall, Goodbye, Goodbye, and then Dark Moon Rising.

So, yeah you're already canonised, linked and kinked, and involved in the pathway.

What more do you want? :cool:

Enigmatic Immortal
11-15-13, 08:22 PM
Sex

Mordelain
11-15-13, 08:25 PM
Post in our battle, I'll warm the bed :cool: