PDA

View Full Version : Social Media Butterfly

Zook Murnig
11-21-13, 09:35 AM
I'm working on keeping the official Althanas tumblr (http://althanas.tumblr.com/) active, but I need YOUR HELP. I can post JC links all day, but that gets boring and makes the blog boring. What recently completed or ongoing threads do you feel deserve a shout-out? Why? What are you trying to achieve? What Power Groups are planning overthrow of a nation, or offering unthinkable services?

Ceidon
11-21-13, 09:39 AM
Talk about Lye's bounties!

Lye
11-21-13, 09:42 AM
The Order of the Crimson Hand could also use a nice highlight. It helped pull some interest from a few other sites. Since people are also visual, you could throw up some of the Althanas related art some of the members have done.

The Inventor
11-21-13, 11:23 AM
The Trading Company is taking control of The Outland's Economy. That includes all shops, banks, trade-routes, and resource gathering. We will control all of it and remove poverty forever!

Zook Murnig
11-21-13, 12:49 PM
The only issue I have with posting art from Althanas members is consent, considering there is a big problem on Tumblr of people taking images and reposting them as their own. If Luned or any other artists tell me it's okay, I'll be all too happy to throw some art up every so often, and watermarking their work may help to prevent those issues.

Lye
11-21-13, 01:10 PM
Anything in my art thread is free game. I have some awesome ideas in there but if someone wants to utilize them, I won't complain. Once people start posting hero's from the hero maker, you can use those and maybe a short summary on the character itself. That would be effective I would think.

Solar Haven
11-21-13, 01:17 PM
I am sure we can get a transparent Althanas logo to stamp in the middle of the art so they cant really use it... and if it is subtle enough, it wont detract from the artwork itself

Luned
11-21-13, 04:36 PM
http://swinsea.tumblr.com/tagged/althanas

Feel free to reblog any of that stuff! Not all of it is worth sharing (lots of terrible sketches), but some might be.

Zook Murnig
11-23-13, 09:48 PM
I'm not sure about the hero maker, as that's mostly just stock poses and add-ons with mix-and-match capability, from what I saw. However, I've made a few art posts reblogging Luned's work, and posting some of Lye's. I've also given some attention to the new Althanas Leagues and I'll continue to post about outstanding features of the site.