PDA

View Full Version : Magus Cup Rules & Regulations

Silence Sei
12-09-13, 04:08 PM
Welcome all to the 2013 Magus Cup Championship!

What is the Magus Cup you ask? It is a tournament in which the new blood and the veterans of Althanas square off against their peers to ultimately determine whether the new generation will carry the torch, or if its still in the tried and true hands of the more experienced.

Some basic bullet points about the tournament:

The Magus Cup
One Versus One Tournament
No post time limit
Rounds last two weeks
Standard Althanas rules apply
The 'Newbie Tournament'. Level 3 or lower always get to be the first ones in at registration.
Registration will lasts for 2 weeks, regardless of how many register/do not register
To register, simply go into the Registration thread and post 'Registered', or any variation of that word, and your name will be added to the list.
The official start of the tournament is December 29th
All threads will be judged by one judge and one judge alone
New Rule; A loser Bracket has been added to the Magus cup. This means your character has to lose twice in order to be eliminated from the tournament.

The winner of the Magus Cup will receive 1,000 GP, and choice of an 'Item of Legend' from the Althanas oldbie vault.
Runner-Up will receive a hefty amount of Exp and GP
Third Place will win a mystery prize!

Any questions regarding this tournament, please refer to this thread.

Mordelain
12-09-13, 04:11 PM
New Year's Eve Eve...seriously? :confused:

Silence Sei
12-09-13, 04:13 PM
That's not a thing, but yes. If you wanna take a three-four day break of not posting due to holidays, go right ahead. No posting time limits like the Cell or LCC, brother.

Mordelain
12-09-13, 04:18 PM
My bad.

Game on!

Lye
12-09-13, 04:24 PM
I think my anxiety to join is apparent. If I am not judging it, I am so in.

Silence Sei
12-09-13, 04:25 PM
Indeed it is, once registration opens tonight, feel free to jump on board.

Fox Owen Xavier
12-09-13, 04:37 PM
Is it only battles or can the two people in the match decide how they want to do it?

Silence Sei
12-09-13, 04:43 PM
You can decide between the two of you how you want to do it, but this is competitive RP, so battles are just the easiest way of accomplishing that.

Fox Owen Xavier
12-09-13, 04:46 PM
Ok, that sounds good. Just wondering if I enter Sir Walter or Fox since both have certain issues with fighting (females/children and direct battles respectively).

Anyways, I assume the older players are going to enter an alt in the Magus Cup. So what are all the rules on entering alts? One per person?

Silence Sei
12-09-13, 04:54 PM
For the first week, 2 characters per user will be allowed to registered. If we have not filled out the roster after that first week, it expands to no hard limit.

Rest assured, unless it's absolutely necessary, alts of oldbies will not be in the 'New Blood' brackets, and will still have to face their fellow veterans.

Sir Walter
12-23-13, 04:25 PM
Umm, is the registration limit of two characters per person lifted? I believe I saw someone with over two different accounts entering...

Silence Sei
12-23-13, 10:31 PM
It was lifted as of last Monday. As per the rules, we only made it 2 alts allowed for a week, and if the roster was not filled, it allowed for no alt limit.

Silence Sei
12-30-13, 09:18 PM
Magus Cup matches are made, with several surprise Last-minute entrants! We now have 16 matches to go off of! This oughta be good!

Mordelain
12-30-13, 10:32 PM
I won't be posting until the 2nd :cool:

Krausus
12-30-13, 11:41 PM
Is it possible to drop out?

black shadow
12-31-13, 03:32 PM
I'm hoping this won't be a problem, but what if the person you are to be against are not approved yet? And how about if they never get on to post?

Silence Sei
12-31-13, 03:45 PM
It is possible to drop out of the tournament, yes, but that would go on and ruin the whole bracket setup, and you wouldn't wanna do that, now would you? :P

If your opponent is not approved, then they must get their profile approved before they post. Otherwise each of their posts will be deleted (and given back to them upon request, if applicable) until the profile is approved. If your opponent never posts, all you need to do is make at least one post ICly before the time limit is up and you will advance.

Krausus
12-31-13, 04:04 PM
yep, just wondering, i won't ruin clue's fun.

Lye
12-31-13, 04:10 PM
What if your match up is insanely powerful and fears stairs? How does one attack with stairs?! Can I play dead?

This battle sucks for my character, lol.

Silence Sei
12-31-13, 04:16 PM
I haven't come across that issue. Just the issue that my opponent will snap like a twig if I even touch him.

(btw Lye, you want first post, or shall I do the honors?)

Lye
12-31-13, 04:38 PM
If I take it I will try to cheat. All you.