PDA

View Full Version : New Power Group Ideas

Fox Owen Xavier
12-09-13, 10:42 PM
Ok, so was kind of interested in maybe making a power group if I could find enough spare time on my hands. Here are some of the ideas I came up with

1) Gamber's guild
Belief Summary: If you want to try and make it big, this guild has everything you want. There's card games, dice, lottery, even a mysterious “slot machine” from another world. Everything can be bet on, citadel matches, horse races, you name it. There's also rumors of a “fight club” where anyone can engage in a fight under a few limited rules (http://www.diggingforfire.net/FightClub/).

The gambler guild is also willing to supply judges for anyone willing to engage in private bets and make sure that the rules agreed by both parties are cared out. These are the finest people in the gambler's guild to try and make sure the judges are completely neutral, confidential, and will swiftly make sure the terms of the match will be carried out even if one person bet their life.

2) Begger's guild
Belief Summary: The begger guild is more than what people may think. While it is true that there are a lot of beggers in it, they are just the front for a major underground network. Hidden behind the screens is a bank (begger's don't want their stuff stolen, right?), messaging network, and smuggling operations. For the people who know how to get to the backend of the guild, they can have things be discreetly stored, delivered, or obtained using the blackmarket. They also have some ties with some of the local thief guilds and mercenary groups but those aren't the core of the group.

3) Mage guild
Belief Summary: The guild focuses on magic in all shapes and forms. There is a large library with books devoted to magic as well as well protected rooms to try out new forms of magic. Research is highly encouraged and contests are held to see who can come up with the best use of magic, a new form, and many other things. All forms of magic is welcome even forbidden kinds.

There was also another idea I wrote down “Orphan's guild” but I'm unsure of what it would be...

Edit: Some ideas were thrown around in chat what an Orphan's guild would be.
Sei/Noir: You pick up new people who are unsure about joining PGs, have them RP with some people you think suits their needs, and if its a fit, and they wanna join the same PGs as those people, your orphans PG gets paid a nominal fee for 'scouting' that talent. While not literal 'orphans', you're finding the noobs a good home!
Lye:All the kids left over from my assassinations? Or you sell familiars known as children?
Zerith: ...or you could make a guild revolving around human trafficing

Edit2: Used Sei's and hoytti's ideas to make a rough draft for an Orphan's guild (see post #6 and #7).

Edit3: Made a rough draft for a mage guild. Again, all feedback and comments are welcome.

Silence Sei
12-09-13, 10:50 PM
I like the basic concept of an 'orphans guild'.

Fox Owen Xavier
12-09-13, 10:56 PM
Sei just had a great idea for what the orphan's guild could be in chat. (Also, Noir had the same idea just Sei beat her to it)
(23:50:57)Silence_Sei: OMG FOX!
(23:51:06) Silence_Sei: IT JUST HIT ME WHAT THE ORPHANS GUILD COULD BE!
(23:52:02) Silence_Sei: You pick up new people who are unsure about joining PGs, have them RP with some people you think suits their needs, and if its a fit, and they wanna join the same PGs as those people, your orphans PG gets paid a nominal fee for 'scouting' that talent
(23:52:23) Silence_Sei: While not literal 'orphans'
(23:52:31) Silence_Sei: You're finding the noobs a good home!

Lye's idea for an orphan guild.
(23:51:34) Lye: All the kids left over from my assassinations?
(23:51:47) Lye: Or you sell familiars known as children?

Zerith's idea. (Seems very similar to Lye's idea just using a bit more detail...)
(23:54:02) Zerith: ...or you could make a guild revolving around human trafficing

hoytti
12-10-13, 12:06 AM
The Orphans Guild should be an orphanage. The Guild HQ houses children that can be "adopted" by a PC. These children become familiars for the PC and can have a range of talents. Those who are in the guild will be able to partake in missions that have to do with finding and taking care of orphaned children.

Ashla
12-10-13, 07:20 AM
I like your Orphans Guild idea, Sei. I also kinda like Hoytti's.

Fox Owen Xavier
12-10-13, 02:24 PM
Ok, I wrote up a rough draft for the Orphan's guild idea. I decided to try and combine Sei's idea with hoytti's. Basically, the guild would offer children up for adoption (familiars) and also help out newbies to get connected into Althanas. Please let me know what you guys think. Also, I might try doing full rough drafts for the other group ideas too since there appears to be interest in the others.

Orphan's guild

Background

Sir Walter founded the orphan's guild to help those in need. Back when he was a human, he would always use his spare time to help out the town by working on town improvement projects, teaching orphans skills they could use, and any other things he could help out with. Now that the holy warrior has traveled out of his hometown, he realized that there are many more children and people that need help then he can take care of by himself. Thus he has established the Orphan's guild to hopefully find like-minded people who are willing to help out.

Goals

The primary goal is to help children by providing a warm home until they either become self-sustaining or the orphanage finds a good person to adopt them. The guild does its best to help the children gain valuable skills and train their natural abilities so they can led a successful career later in life.

The guild also has a secondary goal of helping out people in need even if they aren't children. Many of the skill training sessions are also open to adults if they want to learn a new craft or polish their abilities. In many cases, the guild can help people out of a job or are new to the area find connections to build a successful life.

Finally, there's a third goal of rescuing children especially that are caught in a horrible situation. There's many reports of child slavery, wars that leave orphans, or children forced to beg or steal so they can live. The guild would like to get these kids out of this situation if possible.

Structure

There are three divisions in the Orphan's guild to meet the three goals set by the founder.

The first is the orphanage which provides a home, food, water, and clothing for the children staying there. For the most part enough people have volunteered to be a caretaker that more aren't needed (although if help is offered, they won't refuse). These children need new homes and they do their best to find good people to adopt them.

Note: There is also a building for adults who need a home until they can find a place in society.

The second division is the skill/ability development one. It focuses on offering practical training that people might be able to use in their future career. They are always looking for teachers and the classes offered depend on who they can find. Ideally, they would like to offer classes to learn crafts such as blacksmith, sewing, woodwork, and pottery. Additionally, they offer classes for other skills such as writing, swordsmanship, hunting, finding edible plants. For those people with natural talents for magical abilities, they try their best to find someone who can work with them to develop it.

Finally, the last division focuses on rescuing children (and adults but primarily children due to lack of resources). Ideally, these people are good kind warriors who can help present a good image for the Orphan's guild.

Guild Members

Orphans

Caretakers

Teachers

Sir Walter – Writing, Swordsmanship, other knight skills...
Fox (?) - Plants, Herbs, Survival, Potion Crafting

Rescuers

Sir Walter

Classified

New Orphan Application

Name:
Description:
Any known issues:

------Help Wanted!!! (Orphan's Guild Positions)--------

Teachers/Instructors

Name:
Possible training to offer:
Why do you want this position?
Background Check:

Rescuers

Name:
What do you have to offer:
Background Check:

New Parents

Name:
Orphan (if known) to adopt:
Why you would make a good parent:
Background Check:

--------Quests (Orphan's guild members first priority)-------
Orphanage needs repairs, new building

Skill/Ability Development needs supplies/training equipment, containment building for magical training

Rescue Division has reports on a group of slave traders kidnapping children. Please rescue the children and return them to their homes. If they don't have a home any more, bring them to the orphanage. For the slave traders, please bring them to justice by handing them into the local authorities. If authorities seem corrupt, find a trustworthy place that will hold the criminal accountable for their crimes.

--------Other Ads (Advising open to anyone)--------

Fox Owen Xavier
12-10-13, 03:03 PM
Sorry for the double post but wanted to clear up something since I got a question on it.

Orphans - I would do my best to keep up a certain amount of orphans (and try to make them unique too). Right now, I'm not completely sure the details on how they would work with regard to registration (Would I need to register them as character, NPCs, or not at all?). Also, the plan would be for anyone to add in their own orphans if they want to.

Possible expansion - One other idea I had that I might be able to include is kind of an animal shelter. This again would allow animals to become familiars.

Again, please let me know what you think about this idea. All feedback (Both on the Orphan guild and the other ideas) is welcome. Also, I'm thinking about doing a write up on the mage guild since that seems to be the next most popular option.

hoytti
12-10-13, 03:06 PM
I like the idea you have presented here. Both with the orphanage and animal shelter.

Noir.
12-10-13, 03:25 PM
Ok, I wrote up a rough draft for the Orphan's guild idea. I decided to try and combine Sei's/Noir's idea with hoytti's.

Oh no Fox! I was totally kidding yesterday. Sei thought that one up by himself & it was so glorious I joked and said that I was thinking the same.

Sei has full copyright

Fox Owen Xavier
12-10-13, 08:41 PM
Ok, here is the rough draft for the mage guild idea. Any feedback would be great.

Also, it seems like the three most popular options are Gambler's guild, Mage Guild, and Orphan's guild so probably just going to do rough drafts on those three. As for which one I'll actually make if any, I haven't decided. Who knows, I might try and run two or three.

Mage Guild (Needs some fancy name...)

Background

No one knows how long ago the mage guild was founded. To everyone, it just has always been there. However, the purpose has changed over the centuries due to different leadership. Sometimes it has been controlled by a warlike faction who wanted to take over the world while other times the mage guild has nearly fallen apart due to poor leadership and fights among the upper circle.

Goals

Right now, the leadership doesn't really care about taking over the world and has stated their goals is to research forms of magic and to empower mages to reach their fullest potential. Alignments whatever good or bad doesn't matter. The leadership would like to record and research all branches.

However, not everyone would be just happy to go research and record data. Thus the mage's guild has many opportunities for mages to learn new abilities, test them out, and show them off. To this end, they have built a library, containment chambers for testing new spells, laboratories with precise equipment, and many contests and tournaments.

Structure

In the mage guild, all mages are equal for the most part. Mages are all welcome to access the resources the guild provides to its members. There is a ruling council but they mostly decide what contests to have and where best to make use of the guild money.

The only time the Council will ever really take action against a member is if he/she/it is actively trying to kill/hurt other members or else is causing problems for the mage guild. Otherwise, they really don't care and are willing to let people do as they wish.

Facilities
Library: The library is filled with books on magic. Some of the rare books are magical themselves. The library is open to all members and any books that are non-magical and there are copies of can be borrowed. Books with only a single copy and especially if they are magical require special permission and librarians to watch to make sure nothing happens. However, the librarians are doing their best to make copies of all the non-magical books so anyone can check them out. Unfortunately, the same thing can't be said for the magical books.

Laboratories: These rooms hold many tools for precisely measuring magical ingredients and combining them in a somewhat safe manner. However, all dangerous experiments are requested to be done in a containment chamber so not to let any horrible magic spell loose.

Containment Chambers: Since some magic is hard to control and new spells can be hard to predict, the mage guild has spent a small fortune making a number of containment chambers that supposely are isolated from the outside world and will not let any magical spells go in or out. They even have a special feature to eradicate any magic inside of them after each use so the next mage doesn't have to worry about any previous spells messing his up.

Tournament Field: Recently due to accidents caused in previous tournaments and contests, the mage guild has constructed a tournament field. It's a large round stadium with seats for people to watch all the way around. A containment field has been established to keep all magic inside the field but since the field allows people to see in and watch, the same field from the containment chambers couldn't be used. There has been some reports of very powerful spells sometimes slightly getting out but what's magic without excitement? If you are concerned, don't sit in the front.

Possible Future Tournaments (Needs better names)
Magic Battle - Either tournament 1v1 or all out battle
Best magic item - Craft some magic item and demonstrate why it is the best
Random Magic Battle Each character gets to choose an unlabeled potion that will grant them a certain magic power that they will have to use to defeat their opponent. The power only lasts for the duration of the match
Other – The council is always open to suggestions that encourage and/or shows off magic.

Quest Board
Official Mage Guild Requests
Library – The librarians have heard about a rare magical book discovered. They would like for some person to go retrieve the book so they can add it to the library collection and maybe make copies of it.

Clean Up – Some mage made a mess in one of the containment chambers with a magic spell. Since the field does not allow us to see inside, we don't know what happened just that the automated cleaning spell doesn't seem to be working and the worker that went in never came back.

Slimes – Some foolish magician made a mess in one of the laboratories and didn't clean it up. The next mage that went into the laboratory discovered some strange slimes that attacked him. We would like to request an experienced mage to take care of this situation.

Crazy Mage – One of council members was doing research in a remote area. Somehow, she went mad and is now killing anyone who gets close. Since this is a council member, it will affect the guild reputation so we would like for some highly skilled and experienced mages to take care of her. Ideally, find out how to reserve the madness but if she can't be cured or at least contained, then killing her is acceptable. However, this will probably require several skilled mages since out of all the council members, she was the second most skilled in powerful battle magic.

Outside Requests
Dancing undead - Some random village would like to request a mage come by to take care of an undead problem. Apparently, every new moon the dead rise up out of the ground and do some kind of dance around a meteor stone. So far, no deaths has been reported but the village want the dead to stay dead.

Dead & Walking
12-10-13, 08:46 PM
I resent that last request.