PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Shutdown

Zook Murnig
12-14-13, 12:12 PM
Beginning Monday, December 16th, the majority of the Althanas forums will be unavailable to the public during major renovations and updates. This period is expected to last through Thursday, December 19th. During this period, the staff will be working diligently to compile old and new data and rules to streamline the current system, and ensure continuity of information throughout the site. The Realm of Greeting and Bazaar teams will be updating their FAQs and compiling data for more efficient approvals and transactions. Judgments will be ongoing, and Canon Masters will be working hard to update canon and ensure that all information is in agreement.

The Magus Cup registration will remain open, as will the Althanas Leagues, and members are encouraged to partake in discussions in the Flying Stone Tavern and watch for updates in the Chronicle.

And finally, we would like to announce that EXP rewards will be given for each Wiki article written by a member.

Ashla
12-14-13, 12:16 PM
And finally, we would like to announce that EXP rewards will be given for each Wiki article written by a member.
*Gold eyes* I get more EXP points!! Yaaayyyy!! :D :D :D I already wrote three, but one of them is waiting to be deleted cause an error and it got repeated, so make that two! Yaaayy!!! :D

And thanks for the heads up! Interested to see what all the mods will be doing to this website.

Prophet
12-14-13, 06:37 PM
Umm. May I interject for a second. The 26th through the 19th?

Max Dirks
12-14-13, 08:23 PM
He meant the 16th.

Ashla
12-14-13, 08:27 PM
I think he means that you can't reverse time and that December 26th comes after December 19th and that that's confusing him.

Amber Eyes
12-14-13, 09:28 PM
The original post meant that the shutdown begins Monday the 16th of December. The 26th was a typo.

Prophet
12-14-13, 10:30 PM
Ok. Thank you.

Zook Murnig
12-14-13, 11:12 PM
Appy-polly-loggies. It's been fixed.

Zook Murnig
12-16-13, 11:32 PM
Dawn of the First Day

http://25.media.tumblr.com/daeacb77e0957302546bd83db42958c1/tumblr_mf58e4ghL91rd71oao1_r1_500.jpg

Here's what has been completed or worked on during the first day of maintenance.

Condensing region information in the Rules section, and adding links to the appropriate Wiki articles
Compiling data to update the master timeline of Althanas
Updating destinations for sending private messages to the administration (they will be sent directly to Max Dirks)
Updating the rubric in the Rules section with appropriate examples for each score
Updating limitations on level 1 registrations
Updating lists of official tournaments and rules for said tournaments
Adding job requirements to staff application listings

This list is by no means exhaustive, but these were the major tasks for Monday.

SirArtemis
12-16-13, 11:52 PM
I hope that means I get experience for the old wiki pages I contributed for regions prior to this maintenance, not just new ones. =)

Zook Murnig
12-17-13, 12:21 AM
Unfortunately, as has been established in the Wiki EXP Claims thread, the EXP bonus, for now, is only for articles written during the maintenance. Anything prior will have to be negotiated with Max Dirks.

Zook Murnig
12-18-13, 08:12 AM
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/317/e/d/dawn_of_the_second_day_wallpaper_by_rapture_shadow-d5kutcp.png

The list of areas worked on or completed in the last 24 hours are as follows, though not exhaustive:

All four themes (Newthanas, Lighterthanas, Darkthanas, and Bluethanas) are completed

Spacing corrected

Avatar splash added and formatted

Accounts tab added for Quick-Account Switch -- Be sure to re-link all your accounts!

Affiliates block added

Donate block added

Icon legends updated

Footer reworked
AP Store is removed, as this feature no longer exists
Continued updates for official tournament lists
Updated HTML for the Rules section, to ensure that it functions properly

Zook Murnig
12-18-13, 10:59 PM
https://www.neatoshop.com/images/product/54/9854/Dawn-of-the-Final-Day_58361-l.jpg

Items completed or worked on in the past 24 hours are as follows:

Updated Bazaar FAQ
Updated Regions at a Glance
Continued updates to the HTML of the Rules section
A guide to linking profiles and using the quick account switch
A guide to linking your completed character registration thread to your profile postbit

Again, this list is not exhaustive.

Zook Murnig
12-19-13, 11:21 PM
I don't have a pithy graphic this time, but here goes the final update.

Rules FAQ completed
Realm of Greeting guide written
Bazaar FAQ completed
Regions at a Glance completed
Job descriptions for staffing completed

The forums should reopen in the coming hours.

Zook Murnig
12-20-13, 11:15 PM
Apologies for the delay, but the site is officially reopened! There are still a few things left to be done, but they don't risk loss of posts, like the background modifications that Dirks was working on. Here's a list of the completed tasks:

Rules FAQ HTML and descriptive information update complete
Althanas Points rewards changed to GP pricing
Profile Linking Guide completed and posted in the RoG
Quick Account Switch Guide completed and posted in the RoG
Updated Bazaar FAQ completed and posted

And here's a list of things to expect in the coming days:

Fixing the Althanas avatar splash
Finishing and posting the new player guide
Correcting errors in the FAQ
Dheathain At A Glance
Scara Brae At A Glance
Nexus At A Glance

As well, in two weeks' time (January 4th and 5th), there will be a cleanup of inactive threads and unused accounts. Any account with no posts will be deleted that weekend (most are spam accounts), and any threads that have not either been posted in during the next two weeks, or linked to in the appropriate thread in the Chronicle, will be moved to the Unresolveds to clear up clutter. These threads will still be accessible with moderator intervention to move them back to the appropriate forum.