PDA

View Full Version : Magus Cup Discussion!

Silence Sei
12-31-13, 04:17 PM
So we don't fill up the Rules thread with silly questions!

Let the discussions discuss!

Ulrich Craggenmoor
01-02-14, 04:41 PM
What occurs if you don't get a reply?

Slayer of the Rot
01-02-14, 04:44 PM
You get a by. You automatically advance to the next round.

Ulrich Craggenmoor
01-02-14, 04:57 PM
do i get a win? or is there no chance of me winning the whole thing?

You advance anyway.

The Scarecrow
01-03-14, 02:44 AM
tfw I hadn't noticed the cup had started. Silly me.

Silence Sei
01-06-14, 08:43 PM
So, do you guys have any favorites on whose gonna win this shindig? I believe Dirks may open a Gambling thread next round, if he doesn't do it this round.

Sanste
01-06-14, 08:58 PM
There's a lot of good writers in the tournament. Roht seems to really be able to show off character and develop a story. (I feel bad for Solar. He's a good writer but Roht is just amazing...) BlackAndBluesEyes vs. Hysteria is another thread I would like to see really get going. Always enjoyed reading about Madison and I thought Talen is another interesting character. Also, I think Sei does a great job of keeping his posts fairly short but setting up a good environment and story.

For the newcomer bracket, I think there's a bunch of good writers there too. I haven't really been reading them as much however, I am matched up against Tobias and I must say he is an excellent writer probably worthy of going up against the veterans. I think Philomel is also a good writer. However, the opponent she is up against I feel doesn't allow her to fully show her writing skills...

Anyways, I see a lot of good writing everywhere. I'm definitely looking at the writing and seeing if there are some techniques I can use to improve my writing. Best of luck everyone.

Silence Sei
01-12-14, 05:49 PM
Just a reminder to all participants that at 12:01 Tuesday morning, the threads will be closed and battles ended. Anyone who has not posted by then instantly goes to the losers Bracket. Any thread below 10 posts by then will not receive a full judgement.

black shadow
01-14-14, 09:24 AM
How many rounds do you believe there will be? And will the winner of the newbies face the winner of the vets?

Silence Sei
01-14-14, 11:04 AM
Well, we have 16 fights, that goes down to 8 after this next round, which goes to 4 after that, 2 after that and finally , yes, the winner of the Newbie bracket will face the winner of the Olbie bracket. The semi-finals consist of the winners of the loser bracket (1 newbie, 1 oldbie) facing off against their respective brackets winner before advancing to the Old Vs New final. So it looks like 5-6 rounds or so.

Amber Eyes
01-26-14, 11:41 PM
Just so those that need to know do, I'm pulling Kyla from the Magus. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Max Dirks
02-03-14, 09:21 AM
Last day to finish, folks.

Let's go on some posting marathons.

Shartnado, Wolf Oden Luka Frekad, Sir Walter and Clueless, be sure to get a post in so you're not disqualified!

Philomel
02-03-14, 10:46 AM
wait.... last day today? D: what if we don't finish the actual fight?

Max Dirks
02-03-14, 11:19 AM
If you're over 10 posts or 10,000 words (staying consistent for the Magus Cup, even know the minimum requirements are about to change), you'll get a full rubric judgment. If not, you won't receive commentary, but a winner will be chosen based on what you've written. If you haven't posted at all, you'll be disqualified.

Lye
02-12-14, 12:15 AM
All completed battles have been archived in the Crystal Ball (http://www.althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?76) under the 2014 Magus Cup (http://www.althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?362).

Silence Sei
02-12-14, 11:23 PM
Did Sei and Steppenwolf just complete their battle in 23 and a half hours? Why, yes they did.

Lye
05-19-14, 12:15 PM
If you are freaking out that your Magus battle disappeared, the completed threads have been archived under 2014 Magus Cup (http://www.althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?362-2014-Magus-Cup).