PDA

View Full Version : Help Me!!!: A Collaborative Project.

Breaker
09-12-06, 07:38 PM
Hello, fellow creative writers.

As well as being an amateur writer, I am an amateur actor/director, currently in my last year of Secondary School. I was looking for a good one act or a good christmas play to do direct this semester, but couldn't find any. So then I thought, why not write one??? And then I thought, oh yeah... I have no ideas for one. That's why.

About that time, I realized that I was currently a member of a forum where a bunch of creative writers spend lots of time. A forum called Althanas!

I'm asking for any help anyone is willing to give on this. If you have an idea for a play about Christmas, post it here. Once there's a good idea or two kicking around, I may ask for additional help in the writing and/or workshopping of this play.

If this actually works out somehow, perhaps we should all agree that the credit goes to Althanas, and if the production breaks even, I'll send some of the proceeds to... Althanas. I know the site used to take donations, so I'm assuming it could still use extra money. Go Althanas!

AdventWings
09-13-06, 04:22 AM
Brainstorming is a good start if you're out of ideas. That or just come p with something completely random and work your way out from there.

Something random, I say?

A play about the garden gnomes on Christmas Eve and how they would react to the holiday.

Just a thought. =P

Kai
09-18-06, 03:25 PM
you could always write something althanas related

imagine, althanas' first christmas ... everyone running around fighting each other over who gets to buy what presant for who and other such nonesense

and than have it all end with everyone getting along and singing christmas carols ... instant hit if ya ask me, cause if not althanas related something long those lines anyway

hamnat
09-29-06, 02:26 PM
well we are all biased like that because althanas is one of the very few RP forums that I have ever found, even fewer of which are even worth it. Althanas has become like home to us, with our characters being as our children as we help them develop and grow. I, personally, would be honored to act(or at least have my character) in a play such as this. Now, I think it should be something less Althanas related. Althanas is chock-full of adulterated material, be it either of the violent or sexual orientation. Anything based off of Althanas would have to have something like that. Spell casters would be(much to me and my character's dismay) utterly impossible to emulate, special effects aren't that good......
So......I propose something with an Althanas character with a very popular(but still somewhat pascifistic) personality. For a Christmas play, one of the more.........benevolent, caring-for-the-unfortunate ones, preferably female. In fact, why not try writing a script for it with Althanas players? We could start a recruitment thread for it, PM the mods so we can tell them that any location changes are very temporary(that means no spoils as well), as well as injuries (however unlikely) to become non-existant afterwords. This allows us to write it up and get EXP for it, while allowing lower level players to practice changing environments. For this, I would suggest Corone be the setting. There would need to be little, if any, fighting, insulting, sexuality, or anything otherwise discouraged in schools. Otherwise the story would be useless for a school Christmas-play.
Well, that's my large supply of cents.......

Roscar Palidyne
09-29-06, 03:20 PM
Interesting. I'm no playwright but I'm an amateur actor myself, just last semester I got my Associates in Theatre. Heh, if you were around the Georgia area I'd seek ya out because I've been dying to act lately.......

In any case, if I come up with anything I'll let ya know.

Vorin
09-29-06, 03:41 PM
Oddly enough, I take playwrighting. Too bad everything I've come up with in class may be just a tad too risque for, well, humanity.

Breaker
09-29-06, 04:52 PM
Oddly enough, I take playwrighting. Too bad everything I've come up with in class may be just a tad too risque for, well, humanity.
Well, alot of my directing is too risque for humanity. Perhaps you should send me a few of your scripts... I just started an Acting Workshop with a bunch of people at my school, and some *fresh* material might be just what we're looking for.

Vorin
09-29-06, 05:00 PM
Hey, if you give me an idea-ishy thing, I'll write you up something. Or try to, as sloth is my true master (not the writer, I meant laziness.) At the very least I could help you out a bit and send you a few of the things I use to edit my plays.

Try keeping a stream of consciousness. Those things produce some awesome ideas.

Nymph and Dragon
09-29-06, 07:02 PM
You definitely should have a homicidal Santa Claus. Maybe one who has little girl "elves" that have been kidnapped from their homes and trapped in his basement, forced to make "toys" for his customers.