PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a battle with someone who knows what they are doing.

Scribe of Marwolaeth
01-10-14, 03:29 PM
I would like exactly what is in the title. This would be my first battle, ever, so someone who has done this at least a couple times would be awesome to see exactly how it's done. I've written before, and participated in some small RP groups (one PbP) with my friends, so I'm not a complete noob. I guess this will just be a first come first serve basis, but I'll probably end up doing a couple battles.

If I don't reply to you in this thread within 24 hours, could you please shoot me a pm.

Thanks in advance.

Mordelain
01-10-14, 04:03 PM
I dare say, given you've a Welsh character name, you should pick meee! I have several other characters in the wings, so can accommodate needs.

Scribe of Marwolaeth
01-10-14, 04:10 PM
Heh... I have a confession to make. I have absolutely no real knowledge of the Welsh language. I have a couple friends (and a couple internet buddies) who speak Welsh, I like the sound of some words, so I borrowed them.

I would love to have a battle, I don't mind what character you use, flexibility and adaptation to situations are skills a warrior always needs. So, how exactly do we proceed? If I understood correctly, one of us will start a thread, not sure where, setting out the arena and any important features (I would be very grateful if you could), and the battle begins!

One question, is there a limit on how long a battle can be, or is it just until one contestant loses?

Mordelain
01-10-14, 04:13 PM
It's in a sand dome in the Citadel, normally. The trick is, whoever goes first, can then describe any sort of arena they so desire; including traps :).

Battles have to be 10 posts total to be 'judged', but otherwise...as long as is natural for two people to fight to the death!

Scribe of Marwolaeth
01-10-14, 04:18 PM
Ah, well, I'm starting to get a picture of how this works. I would still be very grateful if you would describe the arena, I'm sure any traps you create will add a fun extra challenge. Will you post a link to the thread here? :)

Mordelain
01-10-14, 04:42 PM
Your wish is my command: Life's a Beach (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?26704-Life-s-A-Beach-(Closed)&p=221846#post221846).

Forgive the obvious, but we're on the cliffs of Dover beach. A storm is coming. I've been reading a lot of World War 2 fiction lately, so sue me :p.

Scribe of Marwolaeth
01-10-14, 05:15 PM
And so it begins! Don't worry, we like the rain. One last question: In general, are you not supposed/allowed to read the opponents character profile? I haven't read yours in fear of breaking some kind of unspoken, or written, rule.

Mordelain
01-10-14, 05:55 PM
Look away :cool:

Ulrich Craggenmoor
01-10-14, 07:22 PM
well that's an ambiguous answer. :P