PDA

View Full Version : Magus Cup Gambling

Max Dirks
01-20-14, 06:51 PM
Drax Piston took a round off to prepare, but gambling is now officially back. Here's the games and the payouts:

Pick the Winner

Standard game. Pick the winner, double your bet. That's a 2x payout.

Specific Score

Pay 25 GP, guess a player's score. If you're on the money you receive 200 GP. That's an 8x payout!

Highest Score of the Round

Place a bet and guess the player you think will have the highest score of the round. If you're right, you earn a whopping 3x payout.

You can place your bets now. Remember, if you don't have the funds, you'll be disqualified and publicly humiliated.

Matchups can be found here:

http://challonge.com/maguscupnewcomer
http://challonge.com/magnuscupveteran

Fox Owen Xavier
01-20-14, 08:04 PM
I have a few questions. First, how long can we bet until? Can we actually wait to see most of how the match goes before placing a bet? Second, what if a player doesn't show up? If we bet on the other person, do we win still in that case? Finally, I guess we aren't allowed to bet on ourselves (me vs. myself)?

Erikar
01-20-14, 08:18 PM
Is a win considered getting a higher score or continuing on to the next round?

Fox Owen Xavier
01-20-14, 08:20 PM
Erikar, both of those are the same I believe. Getting to the next round means you got the higher score judged by Dirks.

Silence Sei
01-20-14, 08:39 PM
I can actually answer all these questions.

I have a few questions. First, how long can we bet until? Can we actually wait to see most of how the match goes before placing a bet?

Yes sire you can, however, the longer you wait, the smaller your pay off gets if you;re betting on both individual rounds and overall winner.

Second, what if a player doesn't show up? If we bet on the other person, do we win still in that case?

If the person wins by his opponent being a no-sow, its still a win for that player, so you still get your money, so long as you didn't bet for a specific score.

Finally, I guess we aren't allowed to bet on ourselves (me vs. myself)?

Yes you can, actually! People do it all the time!

Is a win considered getting a higher score or continuing on to the next round?

A win is getting the higher score, not gaining your first loss and continuing in the Redemption Bracket. Higher score is the winner.

Erikar
01-20-14, 09:13 PM
I'd like to play Pick the Winner

25 Gold on Ciato for Ciato vs. Leoric

Tobias Stalt
01-20-14, 10:53 PM
I'd like to play Pick the Winner; 100 gold on myself over Kroom.

His ass better ante up. :P

Callan
01-26-14, 07:11 PM
It'll probably be close, but that's what makes a wager fun! 200 Gold on myself over Philomel.

Leopold
02-18-14, 08:17 AM
Anybody care to hedge a bet on Leopold over Roht? :cool:

Philomel
02-18-14, 08:25 AM
Callan did win. :D

I am also going to bet, but small.
"Pick the Winner"
25 Gold on Callan over Black Shadow in round 3.

Roht Mirage
02-18-14, 10:10 AM
Ooooh, you're asking for it. I am going to proof read the shit out of that thread now!

I'll bet 100 GP on Roht over Leopold, provided that he counters with the same.

Erikar
02-18-14, 10:26 AM
I see Ciato has advanced and Leoric has not. Does this mean I won my bet on Ciato over Leoric?

Max Dirks
02-18-14, 10:42 AM
You did, and I forgot to do gambling between rounds.

Erikar wins 25 GP!
Callan wins 100 GP (bet was one week into the round)!
Tobias Stalt loses 100 GP.

GP Edited!

Leopold
02-18-14, 12:13 PM
I guess I'll throw away a 100 gold :cool:

Callan
02-19-14, 08:53 PM
Go big or go home. 360 gold on myself over black shadow!

Tobias Stalt
06-07-14, 10:35 PM
I'd like to bet 90 gold on my beating Callan. ^.^;;;

Fox Owen Xavier
06-07-14, 11:13 PM
Hmm, guess I'll toss in 500 on Tobias in his Tobias vs. Callan match since he is such a good writer.