PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Althies Winners!

Max Dirks
01-30-14, 11:46 AM
Here is a list of the winners:

Most Missed Olbie - Letho
Friendliest Member - Fox Owen Xavier
Person you’d like to hang out with most IRL - Witchblade
Best Comeback - Roht Mirage
Best Newbie - Fox Owen Xavier
Best Quester - Mordelain
Best Brawler - BlackandBlueEyes
Most Improved - Solar Haven
Mr./Mrs. Althanas - Mr. Silence Sei and Ms. Luned

Hottest IC Romance - Luned and Warpath
Best IC Partners - Aurelianus Drak'shal and BlackandBlueEyes
Best IC Rivalry - Abomination and the Ixian Knights (Silence Sei representing)
Best IC Odd couple - Silence Sei and Max Dirks
Best Quest - Child of Darkness (Luned, Warpath and Aurelianus Drak'shall representing)
Best Battle - Blood in the Water of the Mind (Lye and Sanste representing)
Best Creature - Abomination
Most Original Character - Aurelianus Drak'shal and Philomel
Best Villain - Aurelianus Drak'shal
Best Heroine - Luned

Best Judge - Mordelain
Most helpful/friendly Mod - Lye

As promised, you also receive GP for winning. Here is the breakdown for the EXP editor:

Letho wins 500 GP! (1)
Max Dirks wins 500 GP! (1)
Philomel wins 500 GP! (1)
Roht Mirage wins 500 GP! (1)
Sanste wins 500 GP! (1)
Solar Haven wins 500 GP! (1)
Witchblade wins 500 GP! (1)
Abomination wins 1000 GP! (2)
BlackandBlueEyes wins 1000 GP! (2)
Fox Owen Xavier wins 1000 GP! (2)
Mordelain wins 1000 GP! (2)
Lye wins 1000 GP! (2)
Warpath wins 1000 GP! (2)
Silence Sei wins 1500 GP! (3)
Aurelianus Drak'shall wins 2000 GP! (4)
Luned wins 2000 GP! (4)

Congratulations to everyone!

Max Dirks
01-30-14, 11:47 AM
Player of the Year

The player of the year, chosen by the staff, is given to the person who embodies what Althanas is all about: participation, growth, and enjoyment of the craft.

This year's choice was obvious. If you look at her writing from January 2013 to December 2013, you'll see she is one of the most improved Althanians of all time. She's fun, outgoing, and actively goes out of her way to make sure new members feel welcome on Althanas. If we had an army of this player, Althanas would be fresh for years to come.

BlueGhostofSeaside, you're the 2013 Player of the Year!

As a reward you'll be earning 2000 EXP, 1000 GP and a colored username.

Congratulations, you've earned it!

Max Dirks
01-30-14, 11:49 AM
Moderator of the Year

The moderator of the year, chosen by the administration, is someone who exemplifies Althanas' mission. S/he is the one that is efficient, friendly, and willing to take the extra step to help new players grow.

This year's choice heralds the unsung hero. Most of you have undoubtly dealt with him at some point in 2013. His actions don't make headlines, but each one he takes is vital to Althanas. He works behind the scenes to ensure that Althanas is balanced, yet doesn't hamper creativity. He's the guy who approved your profile.

Hysteria, you're the 2013 Moderator of the Year!

As a reward you'll be receiving 2000 EXP, 1000 GP and access to the administrator forums.

Congratulations, you've earned it!

Max Dirks
01-30-14, 12:01 PM
Everyone will receive small icons above their avatars for winning once they've been uploaded and assigned!

Lye
01-30-14, 01:28 PM
Congratulations everyone!

Your GP and EXP have been added!

Mordelain
01-30-14, 01:42 PM
Thank you to everyone who voted, and to those that voted for me. *blush.

See you all next year for more recognition of talent!

Max Dirks
01-30-14, 01:46 PM
Or acknowledgement of popularity ;)

Fox Owen Xavier
01-30-14, 03:47 PM
Congratulations everyone, you guys definitely deserve the awards. I haven't been around long enough to see BlueGhost's improvements but I'm sure she has made excellent progress. I know that her writing is really good now and can't wait to see more.

There's definitely a lot of work that happens behind the screens and I would like to thank all the mods/admins for making it happen. I definitely agree with Hysteria being a unsung hero and glad that he has an award for all his work.

Can't wait to see what all comes the next year. I'm sure with all the talent on the site that there will be a lot of good writing and other interesting things. I also look forward to seeing all the other people that are joining the site or who have been around. Hope to see you guys improve and take some awards of your own next year.

(Sorry for not commenting on everyone who won awards, you guys all deserved it. Unfortunately, my hands would wear out if I wrote everything that I thought was great about you guys.)

Witchblade
01-30-14, 06:33 PM
Well...

Who wants to party at my place???

Thanks for voting for me guys, that was unexpected and very kind of you.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
01-30-14, 06:39 PM
Cutters, bashers and my many luvvies, cheers for the votes.

I'll do my best not to disappoint you all as Best Villain. ;)

Solar Haven
01-31-14, 12:49 AM
Thank you to everyone who voted during the althies, there was a few close calls in there, even some ties. but ultimately those who won, won for a reason.

and now i would like to thank everyone who voted for me, i know i am not the most active person out there. I try my best to take all the criticism and implement it all into my writing. Blue, congrats on player of the year. you have made several strides in your writing as well and would love to see you get much better.

Luned
01-31-14, 09:10 AM
Congratulations to everyone who was nominated and/or won, lots of worthy writers this past year. And thank you so much for the votes! I'm a bit speechless and really appreciate everything.

BlackAndBlueEyes
01-31-14, 02:56 PM
Congratulations to the winners, and thank you for choosing me as Best Brawler and myself and Aure Best IC Partners!

Roht Mirage
02-01-14, 08:54 AM
Congrats to all! And thanks to those who voted for me. I will do my best to keep up the momentum. =)