PDA

View Full Version : Redemption Bracket: Monster Vs BlackAndBlueEyes

Silence Sei
02-11-14, 08:44 AM
Matches begin at 12:01 Central Standard Time tonight. Will the Vampire be left felling Maddy bro, or will our favorite former librarian get taken under the bed? Have fun!

BlackAndBlueEyes
02-24-14, 03:21 PM
"How long do you think we'll be here?" Nell kicked at a small rock at her feet. It was sent rolling awkwardly along the rocky plateau, until it came to a rest thirty feet from where it began its journey.

"I don't know." I had my hand up against my eyes, shielding them from harsh sunlight above. I scanned the landscape in search of my next foe.

"Oh." There was a long pause. It was rather uncomfortable, truth be told.

Nell looked over at me, squinting in the bright midday sun. "Do you even know who it is you're supposed to be fighting?"

"Not a clue, dear." I reached down, popped the cap off my canteen, and then resumed my scanning. "For all I know, it could be that silly ghost that believes he's cursed to haunt tournaments or something."

"Oh. That would stink, I think."

"Yeah, kind of." Another pause. "I heard he can just summon weapons out of midair."

Nell looked over at me, an inquisitive look etched across her face. "Anything? Like... wow, anything?"

"Yep. Anything. But the damn fool only summons, like, candelabras or frying pans. I heard he once got really mad and summoned a full set of kitchen cutlery."

"Oh, wow." Yet another pause from my assistant, longer this time. "Doesn't sound like a terribly bright ghost, does it? I mean, why cookware when you can summon an airship cannon? That's just stupid, don't you think?" My assistant took a long drag off her own canteen. I hummed in agreement.

"I don't believe in ghosts anyway."

"Me neither, Nell."

Max Dirks
02-26-14, 08:24 AM
BlackandBlueEyes advances to Round 3 of the Redemption Bracket!

Monster is eliminated :(