PDA

View Full Version : Podcast records tonight! Got any listener questions?

Pages : [1] 2

BlackAndBlueEyes
02-11-14, 02:09 PM
So, the first episode of Althanas Community Radio, the third Althanas podcast series, will record tonight. Myself, Silence Sei, and Witchblade will be your hosts.

Most podcasts of this sort set aside a portion of the episode to answer reader questions--they could or could not be Althanas-related. It's entirely up to you what you want to ask.

Here's where we open the floor to you, dear listeners. Do you have any questions for our intrepid hosts to answer on the podcast tonight?

Lye
02-11-14, 02:12 PM
How about some comments about last year's Althies awards, the excitement for the current tourney/league, and the most anticipated upcoming events?

hoytti
02-12-14, 01:13 AM
Last podcast you talked about the Jistela. The three heroes, do you mean three characters or is each character getting three heroes?

Also, I would like to hear who you think are some of the most creative characters that are not your own?

Then there is which of the characters created so far this year is the most interesting to you?

BlackAndBlueEyes
02-18-14, 10:40 AM
Hey guys, just a reminder that the podcast will be recording tonight, with myself, Sei, and a mystery third person (since Witchblade is off gallivanting with Diss out in Florida, that tramp!).

If you have any listener questions for your intrepid hosts, leave 'em here!

Max Dirks
02-18-14, 10:47 AM
What is your favorite feature? What are your favorite regions?

Dirks has been trashing my writing in the Magus, are there any writing blogs or good websites to help me get better?

Have you checked out Althanas on social media? Tumblr is updated daily, with important news posted to Twitter and Facebook. Do you guys have any cool ideas of what we can do with social media?

Did you know that Lye, Amber Eyes and Tobias completed the judging queue? This may be an Althanas first!

Solar Haven
02-18-14, 10:52 AM
Who are some of your favorite characters to read about, quest with, or battle against?

Philomel
02-18-14, 10:53 AM
In your opinions who is on the way to winning the Magus cup?
Hmm and also I want to know your favourite foods :D PLEASE.
Also what is the best bit of banter you have heard in the past week, Althanas or else?

Lye
02-18-14, 10:55 AM
When Cal thinks of a ridiculous thing to write into his threads, what goes through his mind? Are there any checks and balances? Does his wife suffer the raw, unfiltered thoughts before becoming thread material?

Which character (that you own/write) closely reflects your own personality? If none of them do, what personality qualities do you share with your current characters?

We mentioned Althanas canon last episode, discuss what canon developments you would like to see in the next year To that prompt, are there any upcoming Featured Quests to be excited for?

Rayse Valentino
02-18-14, 12:09 PM
Did you know that Lye, Amber Eyes and Tobias completed the judging queue?

Nope, but almost.

Question for podcast: Do you have any ideas to get people more involved in lore creation and using the lore created by other characters?

Krausus
02-18-14, 12:18 PM
If you could write an RP with any author, who would it be?

And congrats to lye, amber, and tobias.

Lye
02-18-14, 12:39 PM
Thanks. We're still shy by a few threads, but they all are near completion by their respective judges. Good news is we no longer have a backlog, and submitted threads will have substantially shorter judgement time frames.

Quentin Boone
02-18-14, 01:49 PM
If there was one thing you could change about Althanas, what would it be? In either an IC or an OOC sense.

BlackAndBlueEyes
02-25-14, 02:20 PM
LAIDEEZ N GENTLMUN

Podcast records tonight. We've got a lot of stuff planned for tonight, but we miiiiight be able to sneak in a few listener questions towards the end.

Leave 'em if you got 'em!

Erikar
02-25-14, 02:21 PM
I heard there's going to be a war in Eiskalt! Care to elaborate on that in the Podcast?

Lye
02-25-14, 02:30 PM
Let's hear some comments about the upcoming War. How will it play out? Who is your bet on? What match ups do you want to see?

Magus Round 3 is coming to a close, which battles are you rooting for and what are the predictions?

If Althanas were a street drug, how much would you pay for it? Would you consider yourself addicted? How would you take it, would you: smoke it, eat it, shoot it, drink it?

Most ridiculous ability on Althanas, go!

Most creative ability on Althans, go!

Strongest ability on Althanas, go!

hoytti
02-25-14, 02:36 PM
Which characters do you believe are some of the most original characters that have been accepted this year (2014)?

Philomel
02-25-14, 06:38 PM
Okay here is my random question I asked in chat: "Why is Phi so awesome?"
:3

LOVE YOU GUYS.
Also, "On a scale of one to ten how pretty is Witchy's voice?"

Tobias Stalt
02-25-14, 06:41 PM
What does the Fox say?

No, not really. What are you most looking forward to about the Eiskalt war?

Ashla
02-25-14, 06:54 PM
What does the Fox say?

Oh my gosh I never even took the time to turn on that song but related quotes in general are hilarious!! xD

And about the war... Interested to hear about any other excitement captured here but still worried a little about what they might say about the weird, crazy, character abusing author (me) of the given country over here... ...

Echo_Naruga
02-25-14, 07:05 PM
On behalf of the newbies on here, what is a good what to get your character known and get others to read your stuff?

Amber Eyes
02-25-14, 07:38 PM
Was it entirely necessary to let Sei use an accent in the podcast? :P

Ashla
02-25-14, 07:39 PM
Ooh! Here's a good one: in IC what characters would you just love to see meet up and interact with each other (who haven't already). Be sure to explain your choices! Like are there different aspects of their personalities and you would find it entertaining to see the two's dialogue just bounce off each other; or are they similar in backstory and you would like to see some sort of relationship between the two start up because of that? Have fun!

Fox Owen Xavier
02-26-14, 12:30 AM
Here's just a few random questions if you need some for next time.

If you could add one high level/extremely powerful ability to your character what would it be?
Who do you think counters your character best? (Talking IC. Also, interested to see who Sei thinks has the best chance against him)
What are some of the most interesting powers you have seen? Most unique? Most useful? Most adaptable to different situations?

How did you guys find out about Althanas?
How did you get into writing stories?
What do you think makes Althanas unique and better than some of the other similar sites out there?

Also, I have a few friends that I was thinking of showing this site to. How would you try and convince your friends to check this out and maybe join? In my case, I think some people might just say something like "Oh, I already play RPG video games. Why should I go join this site that doesn't have graphics and I have to write everything out?"

Otto
02-27-14, 10:08 PM
I would be a terrible salesman if I didn't try to plug THE ALTHANAS TRADING COMPANY STORE, NOW OPEN!

Honestly, though - the Black Market seems to be dead in the water, at least for the moment. Would you like to see that area of the Bazaar utilised more? Glad it's there, just in case? Or are you a bit 'meh'? Do you want to see competitors of the Trading Company arise? Also, do I have to pay for ad space on the podcast?

BlackAndBlueEyes
02-28-14, 04:30 PM
Alright, folks. We're going to do something different here.

This Sunday night, we're recording an Ask Me Anything with Dirks. I want your questions to remain totally anonymous, and this time I ask that you PM your podcast questions to me directly . This is your chance to ask anything at all you've ever wondered about the website, its history, its future, its inner workings, any doubts you may have, etc. ANYTHING. It's an AMA, after all. We'll be recording Sunday night at 9pm EST. I will probably not be reading your names over the air this time.

Again, PM ME your questions for Dirks.

BlackAndBlueEyes
03-01-14, 05:28 PM
Double post.

http://thesearethings.com/work/hatersgonnahate/img/hatersgonnahate-01.gif

Just a reminder: We're going to do an Ask Me Anything podcast with Dirks tomorrow. We're opening the floor for any--and I do mean ANY--questions related to the continued operations of Althanas, no matter how milquetoast or controversial your question might be. We'll ask 'em, and Dirks will answer them.

If you wanted clarification on any rules, features, staff decisions... Now's the time to ask them.

PM your questions directly to me. We'll be recording tomorrow night at 9pm EST.

BlackAndBlueEyes
03-11-14, 01:39 PM
Alright kids, you know the drill.

Podcast records tonight; leave your questions for tonight's episode, with special guest Enigmatic Immortal!

Aurelianus Drak'shal
03-11-14, 02:00 PM
Does EI have any plans to bring back the Cult in any big, suitably perverted and sadistic ways?

Also, much more importantly, though not Althanas related - how can he approve of the new Necron lore!?

hoytti
03-11-14, 03:01 PM
Out of this years(2014) new characters, who do you think is the most interesting to date?
If you could choose three threads you would like to see turned into a movie/animation which threads would would you choose?
If you could bring any character to life to put on the podcast who would you want?

Max Dirks
03-11-14, 03:26 PM
If Tony and Megan had a child, which Althanas character would s/he grow up to be?

In 7 years, how many Althanas characters is Garrison going to have?

Who is the most attractive Althanas player? Do you want to receive 3 extra DPs? If so, say me.

Also be sure to remind people about the New Nostalgia thread.

Dissinger
03-11-14, 07:37 PM
Does EI every plan on brining Zantetsuken back or is Taka gonna have to Kensai it alone?

BlackAndBlueEyes
03-18-14, 06:09 AM
The podcast will record tonight.

Leave the next round of questions for Sei, Witchy, and myself!

Hysteria
03-18-14, 06:39 AM
Questions... so many questions.

Which currently active character on the site (not your or your spouse's) do you think has the best crafted personality and story?

What are your thoughts on the Clan War? If there are bad parts, what do you think could be done to improve it in the future?

Has anything surprised you this war? Any stand-outs or complete fails?

Quentin Boone
03-18-14, 08:24 AM
For Sei - Why on earth is part B of the clan war supposed to happen ICly after part A? It makes no sense that we in part B should base our battles on stuff that hasn't even finished yet. What is the logic behind this?

Max Dirks
03-18-14, 08:57 AM
Althanas unrelated, but who do you think will win the NCAA tournament? March madness is here, boyos.

Ulrich Craggenmoor
03-18-14, 10:33 AM
If you could change one of the rules on the site without challenge, would you?

Aurelianus Drak'shal
03-18-14, 11:00 AM
If you could switch characters with anyone for a day who would you choose, and why?

Tobias Stalt
03-18-14, 11:14 AM
Not a question, but Sei, sing "I'm a little tea pot" in your "Scottish" accent.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
03-18-14, 11:27 AM
Not a question, but Sei, please don't.

Dein
03-18-14, 12:43 PM
The war has gotten going, does anybody have predictions on the outcome and why?

Requiem of Insanity
03-18-14, 12:50 PM
What was your biggest "oh shit!" Moment in the war?

TwinCast
03-18-14, 02:10 PM
If you had to choose one Lorenor post to read in the sexy Megan voice, which would it be?

hoytti
03-18-14, 02:27 PM
Out of all the non human Races on the Races Wiki, (http://www.althanas.com/world/showwiki.php?title=Races)which would you most like to see in real life?

Krausus
03-18-14, 02:44 PM
What's your all-time favorite character on Althanas?

Philomel
03-18-14, 03:39 PM
SO like... Know any jobs that Ailsa/Phi can do in Glasgow over the summer?

I mean... okay more serious question... What do you think of the War so far and which side are you rooting for. Not your character, but YOU?

Also, as a note to hoytti's question, this does include fauns. *eyes you beadily* You know the right answer... *winky face*

Tobias Stalt
03-18-14, 04:00 PM
What is your favorite *current* thread?

As in, not judged, currently being written or just now finished.

Kroom
03-18-14, 04:14 PM
What's your favorite fantasy book & movie series?

Who is one Althanas writer with whom you've not yet written, but would like to?

Of the stories you've thus far written, which was your favorite?

What's your favorite fruit?

How do you feel about krooming?

Would you ever kroom with Kroom?

TwinCast
03-18-14, 08:17 PM
Boxers or briefs?

Torin Reahkari
03-19-14, 12:55 AM
IK or MizBiz for the win on the war, and why?

Brand
03-19-14, 04:49 PM
Dirks-SYRACUSE FOR THE WIN DAMNIT!

Fox Owen Xavier
03-19-14, 10:26 PM
Well, if you guys ever need more filler, I believe my questions got skipped because the mighty Dirks was on air. Anyways, don't feel like you have to use it, just thought I would bring it up if you guys ever find yourself needing something other than the IK to talk about.

http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?26945-Podcast-records-tonight!-Got-any-listener-questions&p=225082&viewfull=1#post225082

BlackAndBlueEyes
03-24-14, 08:51 PM
Foxy, I swear I'll get to your questions this week.

AS FOR THE REST OF YOU...

PODDY RECORDS TOMORROW.

MAKE WITH THE ASKING OF QUESTIONS.

Ashla
03-24-14, 08:58 PM
What any two characters who haven't interacted before would you like to see interact and why?

Krausus
03-24-14, 09:15 PM
What is one of the prime motivations for your characters/writing?

Otto
03-24-14, 09:37 PM
What's your process for writing a post, particularly the opening one of a thread? How much do you like to plan threads in advance? And how do you guys work through writer's block?

Tobias Stalt
03-24-14, 10:02 PM
Andy: do a radio personality voice ad marketing Tobias as boyfriend material.

As for questions...

What is your preferred method of combat? Magical, ranged weaponry, close combat (and which weapon or martial style)?

If you could meet one person in the entire world, who would It be?

What's the best cereal in the universe?

Philomel
03-25-14, 03:05 AM
CHALLENGE: Read the final two paragraphs from one of your favourite threads ever in a deep or high voice. High for Andy and guys, deep for Witchy darling, I love you so much.

Also, I genuinely think you should do a Cooking-With-Witchblade episode. Witchy sweetie, we could teach them how to cook Shortbread and umm... Maple Syrup.

What is your favourite pixar film ever?

Also have you ever watched Monster in Paris? If not find the trailer and watch it :D
Here's the main song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hFljpXz7co)

Mordelain
03-25-14, 04:40 AM
What's with all the freakin' bunnies?

Hysteria
03-25-14, 06:12 AM
What's with all the freakin' bunnies?

I second this. Are we due for an Easter clan war, where the bunnies rise up and attack us?! The bunnies with the bees in their noses, so when they twitch their noses the bees come out and sting us?!

Ulrich Craggenmoor
03-25-14, 07:49 AM
Will you do a Vignette special next week for the closing date of the competition?

hoytti
03-25-14, 12:33 PM
How many characters do you believe I'll make by June?

Okay, what do you guys think is the reason for the war going slowly?

What do you believe is the meanest thing done to a character to date?

Roht Mirage
03-25-14, 02:05 PM
There will be a guest on this podcast.

That guest is me. Tadaa!

So, leave questions for me or somethin'. =)

Requiem of Insanity
03-25-14, 03:14 PM
For Roht: How do you plan to get your hands on Crozius in the war if an opportunity presents itself.

For any who wish: What is one member of the war that you dread facing?

For All: Would you be interested in a tabletop miniatures version of Althanas with a focus on Skirmish battles all the way up to Gisela featuring power groups and iconic Heroes/Villians? If so, what characters would you want to see and what awe inspiring feat would be their iconic ability? (HINT HINT)

Lye
03-25-14, 04:03 PM
Because I know this will spiral out of control:

What video games are you currently playing?
What video games are you looking forward to?
Have video games inspired or impacted your writing in battles?

Also, can I get a shout out for the return appearance of Valentina Snow?

For "Rhote": Why in the hell did you want to tag team with Doge? Such wrong. Much Why.

Max Dirks
03-25-14, 04:52 PM
Have you noticed that the veterans that Lye found have suddenly left?

Where's Torin, Sighter, Xilium, Valentina, Devon, etc. now? Get them to complete a thread and I'll consider Lye worth something.

BlackAndBlueEyes
03-25-14, 04:53 PM
^ This.

Amber Eyes
03-25-14, 08:18 PM
Have we changed out minds about who is going to win the NCAA Tourney?

BlackAndBlueEyes
03-29-14, 10:29 PM
Alright, kids, due to some conflicting schedules, we gotta' record this one early--like, Sunday afternoon EST early.

So we'll take your early questions for the next episode of ACR right now!

Krausus
03-29-14, 11:00 PM
What is your current favourite food?

Also, Black Flag or GTA5?

Aurelianus Drak'shal
03-29-14, 11:15 PM
I have one.

WHY ARE TIME-ZONES A THING!?!?

Hysteria
03-29-14, 11:53 PM
That leads me to a question.

The time restraints really screwed up the ice reever battle (I hate that name), basically no one was defeated and everyone just kinda ran away at the end. The structure of the clan war also seems to focus on competition rather than actual development and a story based outcome for the conflict. What do you think about the structure, and what could be done to improve it?

Second question, do you think Althanas has a recognised system for how we RP battle threads, or is it a mixture of knowledge from prior forums and from times gone by? Should we work on better defining to all players how we expect them to act in battles or is it a case of 'Story trumps all' and people should focus on their character's story rather than an arbitrary set of rules? (or anything else outside the dichotomies I presented.)

BlackAndBlueEyes
04-07-14, 03:12 PM
The podcast won't be recording tonight, but tomorrow night at the usual time.

Figured I'd ask for questions early.

Leave 'em if you got 'em!

Aurelianus Drak'shal
04-07-14, 03:15 PM
What's the difference between a duck?

Quentin Boone
04-07-14, 03:31 PM
I know this is likely to be covered anyway... But what are your thoughts on the Wrestlemania controversy?

Also, if you could step into the world of Althanas for one day, where you most like to visit? Why?

Harmonic Convergence
04-07-14, 04:25 PM
How do you feel the war can rebuild steam?

Otto
04-07-14, 08:30 PM
Can you please not talk about Wrestlemania for an hour? Thanks.

Warpath
04-07-14, 09:00 PM
Talk about Captain America instead. And Game of Thrones.

Call it "Althanas Spoils Everything"

Tobias Stalt
04-07-14, 10:40 PM
HOW AMAZING WAS THE WINTER SOLDIER?

Also, if you haven't seen it, you're deprived.

Philomel
04-08-14, 12:49 PM
Okay,

What do you personally and honestly think of last week's podcast?
How did you spend the time whilst listening to it?
Any commentary on the points raised within it -namely the way the threads in the wars should be run?

Krausus
04-08-14, 03:16 PM
I think the war should have been a war. And not shoved into two weeks. But meh.

Anyways- Andy-WHat do you think of our incredible state mandated testing?

Calvin-Did you watch the Kentucky/Duke Game? Any unfair calls?

Meghan-Why are you Canadians so goddamn nice?

Lye
04-08-14, 04:16 PM
If you had to pick one character to go on a date with on Althanas, who would that be? ("Writer vs Character" or "Character vs Character")

If you could perma-kill one character on Althanas, who would it be and why? (Keep the reasons ICly please)

Think of your favorite fantasy creature/monster. Tell us what it is and why you like it. Would it be a good fit to include on Althanas?

If Althanas became a film, which characters would be cast? Who would play the characters? What would the story be about?

Since we have an Althanas podcast, what are your thoughts on the community artists getting together to do Althanas Comic Strips?

Do an accent contest where each co-host reads a specific passage in a different accent. Do a post podcast poll for the winner.

Better yet, start concluding the podcasts with a poll prompt to get your listeners more involved. This could include all sorts of questions, games, and contests. Just a thought.

That's all I have for now.

BlackAndBlueEyes
04-15-14, 12:21 PM
It's Tuesday. Poddy records tonight.

Leave your questions here.

Enigmatic Immortal
04-15-14, 12:45 PM
How excited are you for althanas related events and activities?

Do you personally think the Comps and Events are actually stifling personal character quests because they are participating in more than they can handle?

Is there an ETA for round 2 of the War?

Do you feel the ROG is too limiting to brand new level 0 characters?

How bad does Calvin want Burt Angel?

Have you been able to look at the board game?

Answer those you feel like answering, skip the ones you don't feel like!

Fox Owen Xavier
04-15-14, 12:59 PM
Who makes the best villain and why do you think that?

What do you think of the vignette topics lately? Any ideas on some good ones (I personally think the current one is really bad...).

Any ideas on how things can be made more welcoming for newbies? I believe there was some kind of newbie area but that seems to have fallen apart?

What is your favorite region and why? Is there any regions that you would like brought back or removed? (I thought I heard that a few have been removed but I might be wrong).

Otto's Silver Pub RPG adventure. What are your thoughts on it?

Roht Mirage
04-15-14, 01:58 PM
I'd like to give a shout out to Astrid for taking on a vignette no one wanted to do and writing something that no one could follow. Very awesome.

What are your thoughts on bringing back the Dagas Pagoda? Would you change any aspects of it? (In short, it was a hierarchy that players could battle their way up and claim the positions of those they defeated. Those who held a position in it would lock in an arena that they would always use, and would gain bonuses for holding their position against all challengers.) If it returned, I'd like to see an option for 2v2 challenges. The two hierarchy positions in question would go to or be retained by the two highest scorers.

Astrid Whitepeak
04-15-14, 02:52 PM
Hey Andy, Megan and Calvin! Long time listener, first time errr... writer! (I'm so funny!)

Ahem.

If you were to become (one of) your character(s) from Althanas, with all of their skills, knowledge, abilities etc BUT with you yourself in control, which would you be and why? What would you do differently than them? How screwed would you be?

Andy, you've mentioned thinking about doing another podcast... is there an ETA for that, or is it still pretty much up in the air?

Besides real-life spouses, are there any characters you "ship" on Athanas? You know... for reasons.

PS: Hope you're feeling better, Megan!

Ashla
04-15-14, 02:56 PM
^ We need a thread where anybody can answer questions such as 1 and 3!

As for questions, in the war what writers were able to tie their character's story with the story with the war best in your opinions?

Lye
04-15-14, 03:15 PM
If Althanas were to start selling swag, what would you want to see? T-shirts, beer openers, USB stick, etc.

Now we've been running the Athanas Podcast for some time now. If this were to become a radio show hour, what would it be named? The "Two Dudes and a Canadian Show"? Or how about "Podcastomancy 101"?

Out of the stories you have read, which (if any) are you hoping for a continuation of?

Are there any story arcs you would like to see written?

What is the silliest thread or scene you have read on Althanas?

Have you thought of doing skits during your podcast?

BlackAndBlueEyes
04-21-14, 08:59 PM
It's Monday night, but I'll give everyone ample time to get the next round of questions in for the podcast.

Leave 'em here, kids!

black shadow
04-21-14, 09:18 PM
Are there any ongoing/upcoming threads that you are interested in? If so what is your favorite of these quests/battles? How do you think they will turn out at the end?

Otto
04-22-14, 09:35 AM
I'll repeat one of Fox's: what do you folks think of my totes-awesome Silver Pub moderated quests? Any suggestions for it?

Lye
04-22-14, 10:32 AM
Lightning round:

Would you rather spend a night in Aure's Dungeon or eaten alive by Valentina Snow?
Would you rather have a drink with Max Dirks or everyone's favorite admin?
Would you rather fight a dragon with an army of cuddly bunny rabbits or fight an army of the undead with just your fists?
If you and one other person were up against the reincarnation of Xem'Zund's Undead Horde, what one IC character would you team up with?
You have to raze one of these three to the ground to save the world, which would it be: Lavinya, Eiskalt, or Moriah?
Would you rather spend a week lost in the dessert sands of Fallien or try surviving in the heart of the Red Forest for a week?
Would you rather kiss an orc blacksmith square on the mouth (occasional drool and all), or make out with faun that has a well known reputation around several cities?
Would you rather lose your arm and have it replaced by a powerful steam-punk alchemical prosthetic, or lose the ability to speak only to gain the ability to mentally molest peoples' minds through telepathy?
Would you rather fight against someone who powergames a level 20 character at level 1 or someone who bunnies your character into taking of all their hits?
Would you rather be an Icebreaker or an Orlouge?

hoytti
04-22-14, 12:14 PM
Lightning Continued:

Would you rather face a balrog or get seduced by a siren?
Which would you rather be turned into? A bunny or a guppy?
Would you rather enter the heart of a volcano or sit at the north pool nude for 24 hour?
Would you rather fight a clown or shear a ram?
Would you rather be eaten by a witch or taxidermied by a wizard?
Which would you rather own? The Grand Canyon or a suit of roman armor?
Which would you rather be? A king/queen or a business owner?

Dr. Why
04-22-14, 04:52 PM
Repeat of my previous. Say Althanas and it's assets were bought out by some massive company, what do ya think would happen?

BlackAndBlueEyes
04-28-14, 07:26 AM
Poddy records tomorrow night, folks.

Get your questions in early!

Philomel
04-28-14, 08:01 AM
*throws some questions at you*

Where would you prefer to live: Westeros (or, indeed, Essos) or Middle Earth? Also, out of these two, where exactly would you live there (King's landing, the Shire, etc)?

What, for you, is the most exciting thing that has happened in the past month in terms of Althanas writing?

What do you think of the semi-finals/finals of the Magus Cup, seeing as it hasn't been talked about in a while. Are all the folk getting through who should be, and who do you think will win, redemption bracket and otherwise?

Who has a better voice: David Attenborough or Morgan Freeman? or Witchy?

Aurelianus Drak'shal
04-28-14, 10:12 AM
Morgan Freeman, no contest.

No offense Witchy. :P

Ashla
04-28-14, 01:29 PM
Who are the best top 10 (or 5) archers on Althanas??

Roht Mirage
04-29-14, 09:01 AM
Any suggestions for dealing with writer's block? (In a related note, apologies to Cyd for the pirate thread. Such late. Very shame.)

Max Dirks
04-29-14, 09:21 AM
What do you think about the idea of Althanas incorporating and becoming a non-profit group? Donations would be tax free and volunteering as part of staff could be a solid resume booster. On the flip side, it's quite an expense depending on where we file. Also, do to it we'd probably have to boost the scale of Althanas. I don't know if you guys have seen the tumblr, but Zook has done an amazing job of compiling writing and fighting tips from across the net. It truly is a great resource. However, it's all reposted. If we do expand Althanas, I'd like to start an Althanas writing blog (any member can submit and all submissions will be vetted by staff), so that you guys can be the ones making people better. Thoughts?

Quentin Boone
04-29-14, 09:33 AM
Sorry, Dirks, but I need to ask this for Sei and BlackAndBlueEyes:

So, Flair's backing The Hounds Of Justice. Thoughts?

Duffy
04-29-14, 10:02 AM
I forgive you J. Just ;).

Lye
04-29-14, 10:24 AM
What are your thoughts on a cliche beach party thread for the upcoming summer? We can have DOA style Extreme Beach Volley Ball, magic permitted surfing contest, sand castle & sand golem mini Gisela battles, and of course tons of swimsuits, shenanigans, and scandal. I think the sun-powered Sei would be in his element, don't you?

Will Madison Freebird ever know what it is like to live a peaceful life or will her story continue to be one of hardship, science, and destruction?

When Sei Orlouge transcends from the mortal world into Althanian Legned, how will others remember him by? Will they pay homage annually? Will a statue be built? How will Althanas remember Silence Sei?

Iriah Caitrak has almost literally been through hell and back. She's recently lost her beloved Malagen to the sands of time, and Iriah is lost in the fog of uncertainty. Will she be able to move on? Will her heartbreak overcome her and drive her down a path of self destruction? Will the demon inside use this as an opportunity to consume its host?

Althanas has to compete with RPGs, MMORPGs, and table-top, making PbP Role Play an endangered breed. What suggestions do you have to revitalize an older art into a newer era? What can be done to PbP Role Play to take it to the next level?

BlackAndBlueEyes
05-05-14, 12:22 PM
Poddy's recording tomorrow night, folks. Get your questions in!

Also, we're going to bring back Dramatic Thread Readings. But because we're lazy, we want YOU to submit threads for the podcast crew to read! Leave links to threads--and specific posts, if you could--that you'd like read on the air in addition to your questions.

BlackAndBlueEyes
05-05-14, 12:38 PM
BGoS, in the interest of keeping things short and sweet so we can hit multiple threads in the segment, is there a particular post or section you'd like read?

Quentin Boone
05-05-14, 12:42 PM
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?26968-To-Rob-The-Family-((Solo))&p=224433&viewfull=1#post224433

Think it'd be cool to hear that post read.

Lye
05-05-14, 12:56 PM
I'd like to resubmit my questions from last week on your individual characters.

Sadly, I do not have anything juicy for you sensual lot to read.

Max Dirks
05-05-14, 01:04 PM
The first half of this post, if read sensually, might give some lady parts a tingling:

http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?151-Shades-of-Lilac&p=8119&viewfull=1#post8119

Astarelle's dance with Leopold, if read aloud, is a good example of passing time in a thread:

http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?26933-Round-3-Veteran-Roht-Mirage-Vs-Leopold

Posts 6-8.

Ashla
05-05-14, 02:38 PM
BaBE, post 29

Enigmatic Immortal
05-05-14, 02:39 PM
Round 2 predictions? Thoughts of what to expect? Any matches to watch?

BlackAndBlueEyes
05-05-14, 03:36 PM
BGoS, your post disappeared. What thread was it again?

Ashla
05-05-14, 03:53 PM
On the Concept of Hatred in the Outlands forum. The post is on page three.

Lye
05-05-14, 04:21 PM
Okay, so it's not a sensual read, but powerful. I'd like to hear it on the radio.

The last two posts of "It's Not So Funny Now, Is It?" (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?27064-Not-So-Funny-Now-Is-It&p=225920&viewfull=1#post225920).

Enigmatic Immortal
05-05-14, 04:42 PM
Kinda 2nd that....

.///.

Krausus
05-05-14, 06:24 PM
Enigmatic. Kudos.

Anyways. Post #2, courtesy of Pavel (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?26985-Fate-is-Met-by-Those-Who-Seek-Life)

Enigmatic Immortal
05-05-14, 06:25 PM
I got kudos?

Neat!

Lye
05-05-14, 06:39 PM
Damn...

EI - 1

Lye - 0

Amber Eyes
05-05-14, 07:52 PM
This. I'm sorry Lye. I just love it. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?27135-Round-1-Part-A-1v1-(1)&p=226293&viewfull=1#post226293)

Lye
05-05-14, 10:03 PM
Sweet!

EI - 1

Lye - 1

Thanks Amber!

Ioder
05-06-14, 07:19 PM
Hmmm... Well the Gardner Kids did well at little league tonight lets, im just wondering if any of the Althanas Family is good at stuff like sports and what not.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
05-06-14, 07:47 PM
Your character is given a single wish by a powerful D'jinn.

What do they wish for?

And no bollocks wishes like immortality or one thousand more wishes.

Hysteria
05-07-14, 02:28 AM
If you're ever given three wishes and the condition of 'you can't wish for more wishes' is given. Wish for the ability to wish for more wishes.

Questions:
Althanas seems to attract creative people, with many involved in more than just writing. Do you think there is a way to capture that broad range of talent for the progress of the site?

If althanas was a person, how would you describe him or her?

Do you think power groups have been a positive addition to althanas since the flurry of activity over the last 6 months, or is it just another plot device?

Fox Owen Xavier
05-12-14, 09:05 PM
Any plans for the vignette? How would you guys suggest going about this current one? I'm personally a bit stuck on trying to figure out how to write something for it.

For people not involved in the thread, what do you think of Zack vs. Ciato reverse battle concept? I have to admit it's unique and I like how it tries to be different. Unfortunately, it kind of left me with a headache... Maybe next unique idea will be the best seller for me.

Doge
05-19-14, 07:56 AM
Doge wins the Clan War by himself. Rank likelihood out of 10.

Philomel
05-19-14, 12:16 PM
Answer to that Doge: upon my deathbed...

Question to radio: what are your current favourite threads and how do you feel this round of war of Eiskalt is faring?
Yeah I went for generic :)

BlackAndBlueEyes
05-19-14, 12:28 PM
Poddy records tomorrow

ask your questions today

seymour butz
05-20-14, 08:10 PM
What battles are you watching this week?

Where are the cat tank pictures?

BlackAndBlueEyes
05-27-14, 05:30 PM
Hey you

Leave us a question for teh poddy

hoytti
05-27-14, 05:41 PM
What are your thoughts on the armies that have joined the Gisela so far?

Tobias Stalt
05-27-14, 05:53 PM
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

black shadow
05-27-14, 06:16 PM
How do you say Raiaera?

Hysteria
05-28-14, 06:49 AM
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

What the hell are you trying to say?!

Philomel
05-29-14, 06:05 AM
Cake. How much do you like cake?!

What are your ideas on the outcome of the Eiskalt War, Gisela and even the Magnus Cup?
I am talking about winners/sides that win.

If you had around 5,000 gold to spend on making any army in the Gisela better, which army would it be, what would you give them and, heck, why?

Kroom
05-30-14, 02:42 PM
KROOMY QUESTIONS.

If you had to pick one person classically considered to be a tyrant or evil dictator, and have that person rule the world for their entire natural life - who would you pick?

Empire or Rebellion?

Bacon or sausage?

Who are some of the biggest influences on your literary style?

What was the first story or character you ever created?

Tobias Stalt
05-30-14, 03:19 PM
Do you like plot twists.

Who's hotter: Jessica Biel or Jennifer Garner.

Cal: how excited are you about the thing.

Andy: why don't you love me.

Green Gwendolyn
05-30-14, 03:39 PM
Name the top ICly 5 (or 10) best...

- Archers on Althanas.
- Villains on Althanas.
- Underestimated fighters on Althanas.
- Uniquely sided (as if they are partially good or evil, if they stand in between, or if they have a good characteristic in evil and vice versa) on Althanas.
- Most unique abilities on Althanas.
- Most realistic abilities on Althanas.
- Best character signature weapon on Althanas.

Have fun xD

Alyssa Snow
05-30-14, 03:54 PM
Your thoughts on guns or "things shaped like guns, act like guns, but are some crazy asinine explanation of not-guns"?

Gisela: What are your dream team match-ups? Bunch-o-Drunks vs Narnia? Assassins vs Draug? Scara Brae vs his Kroominess?

Out of all the regions, which ones are your favorite?

Which ones do you think need more love? (By love, I mean activity, not TBR (C) (TM) (R) stuff)

Which regions would you like to see a massive featured quest in, and what ideas for said quest would you suggest?

Lastly, have you heard? That the bird is the word?

BlackAndBlueEyes
06-02-14, 09:03 PM
Poddy records tomorrow night.

Got questions?

hoytti
06-02-14, 09:35 PM
I'm going to repeat my question from last week. What do you think of the armies in the Gisela so far?

Devon Steel
06-02-14, 11:15 PM
From Erikar:

With so many people withdrawing from the Gisela, do you still think we have an interesting cast? I also second Hoytti's question.

Who do you think has the best character development/dynamic and realistic characters on the site?

Will Sei ever stop talking about wrestling on the Poddy? (Doubtful)

Lastly, who do you hope to see go toe-to-toe in the Gisela?

Looking forward to another great podcast by our one-and-only Podcastomancer!

Alyssa Snow
06-03-14, 12:14 AM
Should Lye create an army for the Gisela?

Also, my questions from post #137 (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?26945-Podcast-records-tonight!-Got-any-listener-questions&p=230490&viewfull=1#post230490) too please!

BlackAndBlueEyes
06-03-14, 04:19 PM
Just a reminder--we record at 8:30 p.m. EST tonight. Christoph will be our special guest this week. If you have any questions for him... best get 'em in now.

Knifer
06-03-14, 04:22 PM
To reiterate.

KROOMY QUESTIONS.

If you had to pick one person classically considered to be a tyrant or evil dictator, and have that person rule the world for their entire natural life - who would you pick?

Empire or Rebellion?

Bacon or sausage?

Who are some of the biggest influences on your literary style?

What was the first story or character you ever created?

Also! Predictions for the last round(s) of the Magus Cup, assuming nobody else has asked this question.

Leaf
06-03-14, 04:51 PM
Boom:

Favourite book you have read in the last month (if none then ... a year?)
Next movie you really want to see at the cinema.
How do you take your coffee or tea or hot chocolate at starbucks/costa/favourite coffee joint? (I take it chai tea latte with a shot of expresso - aka a dirty chai)

To add to my previous ones as Phi:

Cake. How much do you like cake?!

What are your ideas on the outcome of the Eiskalt War, Gisela and even the Magus Cup?
I am talking about winners/sides that win.

If you had around 5,000 gold to spend on making any army in the Gisela better, which army would it be, what would you give them and, heck, why?

Krausus
06-03-14, 07:10 PM
Coke, Pepsi, or Saranac?

BlackAndBlueEyes
06-09-14, 12:57 PM
Poddy records tomorrow night at 7 p.m. EST. The crew will be BaBE, Witchy, Enigmatic Immortal, and Christoph.

Get us another round of questions, folks!

Rosie
06-09-14, 02:30 PM
Im not sure if im the only freak on this site, but is anyone literally obsessed with any one You tuber in particular?

Its close but mine is Tyler Oakley! Fallowed close behind by Zoella.

Kroom
06-09-14, 03:12 PM
KROOMY QUESTIONS.

Which writer do you consider to be the biggest influence on your personal style?

Do you follow any webcomics? If so, which are your favorites?

Which of the Star Wars movies is your favorite, including the prequels?

Recommend a book to the listeners!

Recommend a musician to the listeners!

Batman vs Iron Man, who wins?

Erikar
06-10-14, 10:41 AM
I think these got filtered out last time around, so let's try again!

From Erikar:

With so many people withdrawing from the Gisela, do you still think we have an interesting cast?

Who do you think has the best character development/dynamic and realistic characters on the site?

Lastly, who do you hope to see go toe-to-toe in the Gisela?

Looking forward to another great podcast by our one-and-only Podcastomancer!

Tobias Stalt
06-16-14, 05:01 PM
Listener questions!!!

Courtesy of Tobi, at the behest of Kroom.

First:

Discuss your feelings on posting style. What makes you want to read, and what makes you glance over it, think "bah, fuck this," and skip the "unimportant parts." What would make you more likely to want to read a person's writing?

If you had to write in the format of any one famous author for an entire year, who would you pick and why?

Ev, discuss "the three" fellas, why people should be interested in reading about them, and your favorite aspects of them. What do you think is going to be most challenging about writing them, and what are you most looking forward to?

If you could have drinks with any writer on Althanas, who would it be? (Don't turn this into who would you not want to drink with r who do we not like on Althanas, please.)

If you could request Tobias' author to write about anything, what would you want it to be? (Best answer will be indulged.)

Kroom
06-16-14, 05:10 PM
KROOMY QUESTIONS.

If you could achieve masterful proficiency with any one weapon, what would you pick and why?

Assuming that all characters are somewhat inspired by other characters; are your characters inspired by real figures, fictional figures, both? And who are these figures?

Pick one and only one musician to listen to for the rest of your life.

What is one dream goal you would like to achieve on Althanas?

What is the most fun you have ever had while writing a story?

How do you like to relax in the summer?

BlackAndBlueEyes
06-16-14, 05:14 PM
Podcast records Tuesday at 7pm EST.

The crew will be myself, Megan, Kroom, and Twitch.

Ask yo' questions, kids!

Fox Owen Xavier
06-16-14, 05:40 PM
What character would you be the most sadden by if they died?
Aure, which character would be your pick to have 'fun' with in whatever way you desire?

Philomel
06-17-14, 01:53 AM
Damnit you need some more.

Hmmm... Rar.

Hello Twitch. You are awesome.
Would you rather face an entire army in the Gisela by yourself or end up in one of Aure's "love-dungeons?"
If you, yourself, could create any army in the Gisela, with no limitations on place, time, people, levels, genre etc, what would it be?
You are going to paint a picture. What will you paint? Right now.

DON'T READ UNTIL PODCAST vv
All of you pick a word.
In turn say that word.
Now you need to come up with a thirty second story containing that word and Philomel. :P

BlackAndBlueEyes
06-17-14, 05:24 PM
We're recording soon!

Any more questions?

Lye
06-17-14, 05:29 PM
To Aure:

What kind of things would you like to see The Order start undertaking?

Would you care to be our official sensual reading voice?

Any chance you could convince more Scots to join Althanas?

To Kroom:

The name Kroom, where did it come from?

How do you feel having your name personified as a suggestive action? (ie. Exlpodin' a load)

What do you think of Althanas since joining? Do you have any mentionable pros and cons?

Fox Owen Xavier
06-17-14, 05:51 PM
While the first question is kind of directed at Aure, I think everyone could answer and give their input

As head of the Bazaar, what do you think of the system? Any ideas on improvements or interesting features you think should be mentioned?
-> What's some of the most interesting items you have seen?
-> Any ideas how to get people more excited about all the options and stuff the Bazaar allows?
-> (For everyone) If you had 1m gp to spend on an item, what would you buy?

BlackAndBlueEyes
06-23-14, 10:15 AM
So

Yeah

Poddy records Tuesday at 7pm

Just me and Megan this time.

Questions for us to answer?

black shadow
06-23-14, 10:27 AM
You walk into your home from a long walk to find a dead man laying on the floor, brutally stabbed and the knife stabbed in his back. The police come running in and arrest you. Your fingerprints have been placed on the knifes handles. You are sent to jail for life. What is your reaction the the incident? What do you do to climb the chain and become a respected and feared prisoner among the others? What do you do with the power?

In the jail, someone has a plan to escape, one that will surely be a success. You go along with the plan (because he needed you for the plan to be completed) and escape the prison unnoticed. How do you run to stay a free man? Do you go to your family for money? Just leave the country?

After escaping and getting away for 5 years, you decide to try to find the man who framed you. You have a lead and find the man, taking a few months to capture him. What do you do with him? Turn him in? Get a video confession? Just kill him and go back to hiding?

black shadow
06-23-14, 10:28 AM
You walk into your home from a long walk to find a dead man laying on the floor, brutally stabbed and the knife stabbed in his back. The police come running in and arrest you. Your fingerprints have been placed on the knifes handles. You are sent to jail for life. What is your reaction the the incident? What do you do to climb the chain and become a respected and feared prisoner among the others? What do you do with the power?

In the jail, someone has a plan to escape, one that will surely be a success. You go along with the plan (because he needed you for the plan to be completed) and escape the prison unnoticed. How do you run to stay a free man? Do you go t your faliny for money? Just leave the country?

After escaping and getting away for 5 years, you decide to try to find the man who framed you. You have a lead and find the man, taking a few months to capture him. What do you do with him? Turn him in? Get a video confession? Just kill him and go back to hiding?

matthewkuch
06-23-14, 12:13 PM
if you could have a herd of llamas or a herd of alpacas which would you have and why? would you get into a whole bunch of mischief with them (example riding on one, leading a stampede of llamas or alpacas through your home town while wearing nothing but a ripped bear skin on your torso and a loin cloth, holding a cavalry saber high in the air shouting 'for the motherland!') or would you let them peacefully graze in your yard?

Would you use them for revenge and have them eat all of your enemies' gardens or would you use them for good and have them eat poor orphans' pajamas?

If Aurelianus Drak'shal had a pet llama and he turned it evil, how do you think he would use it for revenge or ways to destroy his enemies?

Core Beast
06-23-14, 12:33 PM
I'm going with a few normal questions,

Did you know that Adolf Hitler had a tea party in the German chancellor's mansion on July 1, 1934 just so he could brag to the Italian Dictator Benito Amilcare Andrea Mussolini about the fact that he had killed all his political competition during the Night of the Long Knives the night before?

Also, Did you know that Mussolini actually called Hitler a "silly little clown" right to his face?

Now then, What is your thoughts on Downfall actually searching guidance from a god?

Roht Mirage
06-23-14, 12:56 PM
What is your most memorable thread or storyline from your early days on Althanas? (When you still had the newb smell. So delicious. I want cookies now.)

Krausus
06-23-14, 03:17 PM
Global Warming-Benevolent or Malignant?

Your thoughts on the backup of children at the US/Mexico border?

Any comments on the "terror" attacks in Iraq?

BlackAndBlueEyes
06-23-14, 04:32 PM
http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/imagecache/Node_Page/images/1310497097772.gif

Let's get some proper questions; because now we have a proper guest!

Luned will be joining us for the 20th episode of the podcast!

Luned
06-23-14, 04:36 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6773495296/h1674BEBE/

so excited, you guys

Marduk the Black
06-23-14, 07:12 PM
What was the hardest moment for you to write, and why?

Roht Mirage
06-23-14, 07:25 PM
If you haven't talked about it yet, tell us about these collaborative/live doodles that have been going on. I, personally, have only seen the end results, and they're lovely!

Philomel
06-24-14, 09:27 AM
I know I asked this once before but ... How awesome is Philomel :3 ?

How are you? That is a question.

Do you think Dirks and I should marry?

Althanas-type questions:
In the last battle of the Eiskalt War - any thoughts on the fighters, who will win etc, how the battles are going?
If you could be any person's other character, who would you be?
If you could dress any other character up in any outfit what character would it be and in what outfit (anything goes)?

Aurelianus Drak'shal
06-24-14, 09:50 AM
Luned:

When will you finally admit to your character's deep-seeded unnatural lust for Aure?

What has been your favourite thread to write?

Which writer on Althanas would you love to write with, that you haven't already?

Have you ever considered getting Luned tattoo'd? Aure would do it for free.. :P

Are there any plans to advance Chronicle's story and nefarious plots? (I know real life is currently eating your time, but just general plans for the future, etc)

General Questions:

I know this has been asked before, but new guests etc - what (if anything) do you listen to to help you write?

What are you all wearing?

Your character has to switch bodies with one of the other characters on Althanas for 24 hours. You get their powers, and get to live their lives (or bugger them up at will). Who do you choose and why?

What's the creepy-sexiest thing you've ever seen on Althanas?

What's the creepy-sexiest thing you've ever seen in general?

BlackAndBlueEyes
07-08-14, 06:23 AM
Podcast records tonight at 7 p.m. EST. Questions?

Philomel
07-08-14, 06:59 AM
The question that everyone wants an answer to:

How do you truly feel about the Renegade Radio from last week? Threatened? Hopeless? Terrified?

What does the podcastomancer throne look like?

Megan: how do you get that sweet voice? What is your secret?

Accents: do you prefer Irish, Scottish, Austrailian or ... hells, Japanese? Can you imitate them for us please :D

New people. What do you think of them and their writing? Namely Flensor and Fez.

Hysteria
07-08-14, 07:29 AM
I think we should get Luned and Phi to read a really grusome battle scene. Agree?

What region would you scrap if you could?
Do you have any cool concepts for quests coming up?
What was favorite your 'oh no, that did not just happen' ic?

^ and these

Ell
07-08-14, 08:15 AM
Favorite unicorn? Idk. Oh i know, what is your all time favorite thread throughout the years of Althanas?

BlackAndBlueEyes
07-08-14, 02:03 PM
A quick reminder to get your questions in for tonight's show!

The one where the One True Podcast makes its grand return after a week's hiatus!

Enigmatic Immortal
07-08-14, 02:23 PM
How does it feel to sit on a throne with someone else's butt print?

speaking of thrones, if you had to do a top five ranking of best in character battlers on all of Althanas, who would you place where?

Can I do another show?

With Eiskalt all but wrapped up, what places do you plan to go with your characters who participated? for those of you who didn't, where will you take your character now?

Dark_Blossom
07-08-14, 02:27 PM
Will Jess and Cal start making appearances on the show more often?

BlackAndBlueEyes
07-22-14, 07:08 AM
The One True Show will be recording at around 4:15 p.m. EST this afternoon, with myself, Witchblade, and Aurelianus Drak'shal as your humble hosts.

Questions?

Aurelianus Drak'shal
07-22-14, 07:14 AM
Well, I know I'm the guest.. but I figured we could possibly make some brief predictions for the next Althy awards?

Best IC Romance

Best Brawler

Most Original Character

etc, etc.

Max Dirks
07-22-14, 08:46 AM
Here's some food for thought:

I'd like for you to discuss the possibility of becoming/acting as editors/publishers for young Althanas writers. Also, did you hear that Vickie (Valkyrie, the creator of Fallien) is publishing a book due for release in October? Kyle (Taskmeinster) is looking for editors for a story that he's put to paper, anyone want to read to help him out? Finally, apparently Owen (Matthias) might also have a fiction novel already in print. Anyone heard of it so we can review it? Along those lines, do any of you have any plans to write a novel? You're all talented writers (maybe not Aurie, but he's well received ;) ), and I'd love to read your finished work.

On a side note, I have an idea for an event. It's called "Get Drunk and Make Dirks do shit." The premise is that we all get into some type of voice/video chat venue. I know you use Hangouts, but Ventrillo would be equally feasible if you don't want to talk over folks. All of you could get drunk or your vice equivilent (caffeine anyone?), myself included, and you can make fun of me while I make updates to the site. I was thinking maybe Thursday. Would any of you be down, or is this just silly and I should be doing these things anyway?

All this and one more: when can Dirks return to Poddy?

Ashla
07-22-14, 03:46 PM
- Have there been any rules on any other websites ever for events and such that just plain ticked you off?
- What should I post next in the Flying Stone Tavern? ;)
- Even considered using a heavy metal song for the podcast opening?
- What's your favorite doodles and pictures by your favorite artists on this site?

Karuka
07-22-14, 03:48 PM
What would you guys like to see more of on Althanas, writing-wise?

Enigmatic Immortal
07-22-14, 03:50 PM
How do you handle writers block or lost interest?

What was a hard time to write for you?

Brand
07-22-14, 05:57 PM
How to improve the bazaar?

How would you bring more activity to power groups?

BlackAndBlueEyes
07-24-14, 07:13 AM
We had some issues recording on Tuesday, so we're gonna' give it another go today.

We're going to make it an all-questions episode, so get yours in now!

Hysteria
07-29-14, 07:29 PM
What would be your dream weapon for your character(s)? Some sort of rocket powered hammer mayhap? An electric sword with rotating blades?

Enigmatic Immortal
08-04-14, 08:27 PM
Tomorrow we record and we have the wonderful Karuka joining us this week with the Gardner's co hosting with me on my first ACR podcast! WOOT! Give us your questions and we shall see what indeed the Karu knows...

BlackAndBlueEyes
08-04-14, 08:51 PM
Karu, if you, Chris, and myself had nothing but two magazines, a Guitar Hero controller, and a plastic lightsaber... How quickly would we assume control of the world?

Paul, how does it feel to sit on a throne of lies and treachery?

Cal, how does it feel to watch one of your favorite wrestlers scrub out to R-Truth two shows in a row (as of asking time), and to know that your favorite book-turned-movie-in-2014 is full of nothing but moments where John Green chuckled to himself and said, "Oh ho ho, tumblr is going to think this is soooooo clever"?

Jess, what are your big plans for Night of Ascension, should you be participating in it?

Ioder
08-04-14, 11:18 PM
Paul- could you explain to me and anyone else who might have missed the memowhats going on with ACR and the obviouse tension around it.

Doge
08-04-14, 11:24 PM
First question; when will I get my war xp? I wana upgrade my dog-fu.

Second question; what's the plan for the war? And will we get dwagons?

Third question; there are two threads in the clan war that are wrapping up their writer's stories. Can anyone jump aboard and finish/round off their story?

Roht Mirage
08-05-14, 09:08 AM
What things would annoy you about your character(s) if you were hanging out with them in real life?

Aurelianus Drak'shal
08-05-14, 09:44 AM
I want a pet Kraken.

Discuss.

Dissinger
08-05-14, 11:49 AM
When is Night of Ascension, and what can we expect from the Gardner's corner during it?

Karuka
08-05-14, 04:26 PM
Lemme put this here so I don't forget it:

What is your proudest character moment?

Dissinger
08-05-14, 04:47 PM
Wheat to a thresher? Edge of Fate?

Roht Mirage
08-12-14, 09:59 AM
Ahoy! The good ship Renegade Podcast is now boarding. Leave your questions on the dock. They will be loaded by halfling slaves.

We'll have Captain Paul, Sexy Ailsa, that Roht Whatever guy, and a 90% chance of Twitch. Bring an umbrella... and protection... of your choice. I prefer a good sidearm, but to each their own.

Max Dirks
08-12-14, 10:16 AM
Here's one: did you figure out how to use the FTP yet? Because I'm tired of not being able to listen to crap :)

Karuka
08-12-14, 10:24 AM
Pick a random Althanas character. Look at their profile quick. What's their Dungeons and Dragons class and why?

BlackAndBlueEyes
08-12-14, 10:39 AM
With LoL stealing away the members of this site and possibly causing a sizable drop in activity...

How awesome would an Althanas-based MOBA be?

How would you spec your characters? What archetype would they fulfill? What would their skills and specials be? How many of Aurelianus Drak'shal's little Junior minions would you be willing to see on screen before you quietly exited the game and never played it again?

Enigmatic Immortal
08-18-14, 04:43 PM
Another week brings the community radio together for a fun new episode! This week we have the Gardner's and Hysteria speak up about current Althanas events and answer your questions! So lay them on us and see ya tomorrow!

Karuka
08-18-14, 04:49 PM
Pester Calvin for me. He knows what for.

Hysteria, are you looking forward to our fight? And have you wanted to fight me since I got back? You like... asked once, then challenged hard core. Seriously, is there a graceful way to bow out of a formal Phoenix Wright challenge?

More for everybody: if your character was absolutely, totally raged out, what would it take to make them calm down?

Dissinger
08-18-14, 05:18 PM
Super-mega fight spectacular!

Who would win in the following fights;

Viktor von Doom vs. "Silence" Sei Orlouge
Squirrel Girl vs. Karuka O'Sheann
Talen Shadowwalker vs. Hal Jordan
Superman vs. Joshua "Breaker" Cronen
Deadpool vs. Jensen Ambrose
The Punisher vs. Seth Dahlios
Aurelianus Drak'shal vs. Darkseid
Kylanna Orlouge vs. Rogue
Lichensith Uleroke vs. Deathstroke the Terminator
Flint Skovik vs. The Winter Soldier
Captain America vs. Drusilia Liadon
Luc Kraus vs. Scarlet Witch
Dan Lagratham vs. The Hulk
Valentina Snow vs. Black Widow
Kitty Pride vs. Ashla Rose Icebreaker
Max Dirks vs. Deadshot
Godhand Striker vs. Thor
Raas Al Ghul vs. Izvilvin Kazizzrym
Philomel Van Der Aart vs. Talia Al Ghul
Madison "Briarheart" Freebird vs. Tony Stark (Madison can have the acid saber to even it up)

Now some group Match Ups

Tantalus vs. The Guardians of the Galaxy
nWo vs. Legion of Doom
Ixian Knights vs. Nova Corp
Sinestro Corp vs. The Company

Chew on that for awhile ;)

Alyssa Snow
08-18-14, 05:28 PM
Althanas board game update. Now!

Who is the biggest slacker on the site?
Who is the biggest workaholic on the site?
Considering the lull, will there be another major event upcoming or would it be better to release several smaller events (mission boards)?
If you locked all four admin in a room and only one could leave, who would emerge bloody and victorious?
When writing, how do you convey physical attractiveness? Is that even a concern when writing?
What are your thoughts on an Althanas alien invasion arc (technology vs magic)?
What are your thoughts on doing a radio episode involving some form of drinking game (Perhaps another round of "pronounce this character's name!" Incorrect takes a shot/drink)?

Luned
08-18-14, 05:43 PM
Hysteria! You should talk about pixel art and how awesome you are at it and how you and Otto should figure out how to teleport me over so we can have an art party.

Alyssa Snow
08-18-14, 06:35 PM
I'm not invited to the art party?!

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/24142000/ngbbs5021a2db60f45.gif

Hysteria
08-18-14, 07:25 PM
I just want to say, old Squirrel Girl is creepy as all hell.

http://themagpieonline.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Squirrel-Girl-1.jpg

Enigmatic Immortal
09-01-14, 03:46 PM
So we are at another Podcast week! Send me your questions and we'll see how this all goes down!

BlackAndBlueEyes
09-01-14, 04:03 PM
If you were to make your characters in Skyrim, what race would they be? What skills would you specialize in? What guilds would you align yourself with?

Karuka
09-01-14, 04:37 PM
If your characters had to fight using only common household implements (no swords, bows, traditional weapons, magic, powers, etc), what would be their improvised weapon of choice? Why?

Prophet
09-01-14, 07:08 PM
As to relate to BaBE's question, would you have a preference of Daedric Prince/Artifact?

Marduk the Black
09-01-14, 09:21 PM
What would you say is your favorite character design? (From Mechanics to Lore to raw Flavor)

Hysteria
09-02-14, 06:47 AM
Why haven't I gotten my first round exp yet from the Clan war?! If I made an XL spread sheet that worked out xp for Sei would that speed things up?

Also, I would like to echo the question about characters. What do you think makes a good character? What sort of persona works on althanas and what doesnt?

BlackAndBlueEyes
09-08-14, 08:21 PM
Hey! You!

Poddy records Tuesday afternoon/evening!

Paul, Ailsa, Jas, and a very special guest--the One True Podcastomancer--will be on the mics, answering your questions!

So leave 'em here!

black shadow
09-09-14, 05:21 AM
What do you think of Matt's Gisela army? It still needs his heroes! Will you read it word for word for us? :D

Karuka
09-09-14, 05:41 PM
Tangerines. Why?

In all seriousness, though... What is a skill, ability, or power you've given your characters because it sounds cool and then it turns out to be something you really don't use?

black shadow
09-09-14, 05:42 PM
What do you imagine when you think about Ashla Rose Icebreaker (BlueGhostofSeaside) at level 21?

If you switched lives with any one of your fellow co-hosts, what would you do to their lives?

Bow or 2h sword? Why?

Immortality with boring life OR short life with lots of excitement?

Max Dirks
09-09-14, 06:57 PM
Are you ready for the Fall of Althanas?

Fallthanas 2014 - Coming soon

Hysteria
09-10-14, 03:30 AM
Who is going to get schooled in the first featured battle?!?!

Enigmatic Immortal
09-15-14, 11:28 AM
Fall-thanas is approaching!!! This week is Karuka, Sei, and myself discussing the topics YOU want. Leave your questions here after the beep!

BlackAndBlueEyes
09-15-14, 02:59 PM
Michelle, tell your story about forced confessionals and water splashing!

Marduk the Black
09-15-14, 07:46 PM
You three must create a new character and give them a history, story, and mechanics. It cannot be at all like any other character you have made. GO!

BlackAndBlueEyes
09-16-14, 07:44 AM
Paul, when are we playing Cards Against Althanas After Dark?

BlackAndBlueEyes
09-16-14, 05:17 PM
This one's directed towards all three of you.

How do you feel about Coca-Cola reviving SURGE, but only selling it online and eschewing traditional marketing methods to spread the word of its resurgence, no pun intended?

Enigmatic Immortal
09-29-14, 05:12 PM
A massive awesome podcast is under way? Why? Because cards against althanas is soon! Throw down your questions, enjoy a short podcast, and then prepare for anything as Althanas After Dark will take to the air!

Krausus
09-30-14, 08:14 PM
If ya'll havent started recording yet.

Why in the seven hells was a thread from three years ago now judged. Wouldn't that be a bit unfair towards the writer, as their style might have changed?

Otherwise, how do you all feel about the recent events concerning killing Alerar's dragon threat?

Enigmatic Immortal
10-13-14, 01:29 PM
Hey everybody! It's time for another Podcast! This week I want to take the ACR and discover the best ways to get an unfinished quest or solo finished, an really take time to discuss writers block.

After that we want to answer some questions! So please feel free to drop them here and ask away!

grim137
10-13-14, 01:35 PM
Since most people describe their character's physical attributes in terms of how they compare to a normal human do you think their should be a site wide standard for what your average baseline, 1x human is capable of?

Philomel
10-13-14, 02:00 PM
How much better is Renegade podcast?
How good was it hearing my voice back on it again after my week of hiatus?
On a more serious note - real question;
How do you personally feel the new featured quest is going? Do you like the idea and feel people are responding well to it? Is there any cheating as far as you can see? Who do you see surviving? Who will win - dragon or characters? Whose the best writer in the lot and why?

BlackAndBlueEyes
10-20-14, 05:21 PM
Hey! You!

The Renegade ship will set sail Tuesday afternoon!

Leave us your questions! Arrrrr!

grim137
10-21-14, 09:42 AM
Do you think there should be a hard cap on how powerful an ability can be regardless of that character's level or any other abilities they may have?

Aurelianus Drak'shal
10-21-14, 10:48 AM
How would everyone feel if Aure bought an orphanage?

Alydia Ettermire
11-10-14, 07:19 PM
Guys, guys, guys! GUYS! Guess what!

ACR is back this week! That's right, I have made it through vacation, moving, and all SORTS of drama to return to my home show! This week, we will be talking about proof reading and, honestly, whatever else we end up talking about. Give us stuff to end up talking about! Post your questions or talking points so that we can discuss them for all of Althanas to hear!

grim137
11-10-14, 07:32 PM
If your character was the star of a 70's buddy cop movie, who would their partner be?

BlackAndBlueEyes
11-10-14, 07:58 PM
What Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon character would be your character's spirit animal?

Brand
11-10-14, 10:27 PM
What would your character's astrological sign be?

What's better, reading your work out loud to yourself, or hearing it read out loud to you?

Hysteria
11-11-14, 03:54 AM
What's the deal with pirates?! I demand an explanation.

Lye
11-11-14, 08:11 AM
What do you think of warpath (Flint) running the new pirate gang? Do you see the BSA coming back "full sail" under his leadership and exceptional writing ability?

What are your thoughts on the up coming Boss Battle said to award Power Group Headquaters?

Are you excited to see the Pagoda coming back? What are your thoughts on the enigmatic Misery Business at the helm?

What power group activity do you keep tabs on? What would you like to see current power groups achieving on the site?

Out of the new groups signed up recently, do any catch your eye as being the next Ixian Knights in terms of their legacy and renown?

The end of the year is less than two months away, do you have any players in mind for the New Years Althies?

Philomel
11-11-14, 09:02 AM
What do you think of Philomel borrowing/captaining [Edit from owning] a pirate ship?

How are you all, really?

And, would you prefer your character drawn - chibi pose, classic manga/anime style or hyper realistic?

Enigmatic Immortal
12-01-14, 04:03 PM
Hey Althanas! It's time to start posting what questions you have for us this week as Andy, Michelle, and myself and a maybe special guest discuss NPC's in your stories. Hope to hear a lot from you guys this week!

grim137
12-01-14, 04:20 PM
Do you enjoy reading a thread more when the major characters are larger than life and over the top or do you prefer ones where most of the characters are more down to earth and easy to relate to?

Taviri Ambria
12-01-14, 05:09 PM
When you build an NPC how in depth do you go?

Brand
12-01-14, 05:53 PM
What flavor of pie is your favourite.

Also, when one is writing a post, is it better to get to the point quickly, and then add in more detail towards the end, or wait until the end of the post to clear up what you're saying?

Ok. In simple wording. Because I ramble.

Better to get to the point quick, or later on in a post?

Amber Eyes
12-01-14, 06:07 PM
So...we have our first maxed out character! Now what? What rewards (if any) should a player receive for completed threads after they max out on exp?

Green Gwendolyn
12-01-14, 06:18 PM
How did you come up with the names for your characters?

Philomel
12-01-14, 06:42 PM
Who is better: Phi, Lye, Roht or me (as in Ailsa)?

What are your true feelings about the posssible threat of the new D and D game? Thoughts? Fears?

If you were to slay an entire race in Althanas, what would it be and why?

If you had Philomel for a day, what would you do with her and what would you get her to do? In no way has to be sexual. Good suggestions may be given a thread oppurtunity :P

Sulla
12-01-14, 11:14 PM
If your character became a serial killer, what would their modus operandi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modus_operandi) be? Signatures left at the scene? A particular way to kill? Taunting left for authorities?

Your character has been transported to earth with only a fraction of their power and no one seems to notice they look weird. Describe their day-to-day life, their job, their hobbies? What muted powers would they keep to make things easier?

black shadow
12-01-14, 11:14 PM
Repeat from last week with better wording...

Look at the following authors and all their characters. Which of EACH author's characters is your favorite?

1) Hoytti
2) FOX
3) MatthewKuch
4) BlueGhostofSeaside
5) Sei
6) Duffy

Also, which character is your favorite throughout the entire site? (Not yourown.)

Ioder
12-02-14, 01:05 AM
In the fewest words possible truly describe your character here on Althanas.

Lye
12-02-14, 11:56 AM
Where do your characters live? House, Inn, streets, castle? Do you feel players should consider having "places to call home" instead of wandering adventurers?

Do you prefer characters with family and relatives or characters with bloody back stories of tragic orphans?

BlackAndBlueEyes
12-16-14, 06:36 AM
Alright, kids. Althanas Community Radio records tonight, and Karuka and I need your questions.

Ask away!