PDA

View Full Version : Declaration of War!

Zack Blaze
02-19-14, 10:54 PM
Misery Business Incorporated and it's allies, hereby declares war on the country (Subregion) of Moriah, who will fight for its resources & who will fight to defend its people's freedom.

Will the relatively peace country accept this challenge? Or let the Corporation just go ahead and bring the Misery?

Amber Eyes
02-19-14, 11:01 PM
The Ixian Knights will stand with Moriah.

Lye
02-19-14, 11:12 PM
I believe The Order would like to get in on the spoils of war. We are in favor of taking Moriah.

Chelley
02-20-14, 12:07 AM
There's no "misery" to bring. Moriah's borders are now closed. And there's only one entry. Further, Moriah will not wait to see if an approaching ship is friend or foe before sinking it.

In a nutshell, screw this whole war. I feel like I have been bullied into this, as I was not even consulted on the use of my creation for such an endeavor. When I said I didn't like it, I was essentially told "too bad, I'm going to do it anyway." All so the powers that be could have another silly clan war.

If I had realized that making a wiki entry would mean that anyone could use my land as they saw fit, I would not have done so.

Moriah is NOT open for you to do with as you please, Sei. Take your war to some other island. Moriah is not open for public use.

black shadow
02-20-14, 03:09 PM
I am here to protect the innocent country of Moriah!

Ashla
02-20-14, 03:48 PM
If you like guys, you can declare war and do all you want on/ with my own country Eiskalt since Chelley obviously doesn't want you guys to use her country. If you also like, I can pull my character Fulgur II into this.

Fox Owen Xavier
02-20-14, 04:09 PM
Sir Walter would like to use his strength to defend the helpless.

Fox might be involved although he will probably not want to be directly in the fighting. Probably would want to just scout and use this as a business opportunity but who knows what will happen.

Wolf, Rapture might make appearances too...

Siegfried
02-20-14, 04:11 PM
Moriah has my blade. No country should be subject to the occupation of foreign parties. Misery Business has no right.

BlackAndBlueEyes
02-20-14, 04:28 PM
Madison will stand with The Order of the Crimson Hands and Misery Business against the tyranny of those who would take their ball and go home because how dare someone want to play with my toys, providing her services as a bioengineer and weapons expert (of the biological, alchemical, and steam-powered variety).

Aurelianus Drak'shal
02-20-14, 04:29 PM
Never said anything about occupying, cutter.

Just war.

But again, to point out, it would seem Chelley isn't happy with this idea, so maybe someone could tell us if this is still going ahead, so we can stop the influx of supporters to something that might not even be happening?

Lye
02-20-14, 04:31 PM
We have a fall back country should Chelley recede. BGoS has offered her own canon lands. One way or another, we're causing some chaos and liking it. :p

Suppose we could always try to sack Lavinia if we run out of places to stir up. I'm sure that'd be a nice place to make less nice.

Aurelianus Drak'shal
02-20-14, 04:34 PM
Well, since the war is happening wherever, I'm in.

We'll see who I'm in the mood to help out when we get closer :P

Ashla
02-20-14, 04:36 PM
I would actually ENCOURAGE you to take Eiskalt instead!

Reasons why:
- RICH, UNIQUE AND RARE RESOURCES! Mainly in variety of metals and diamonds.
- Powerful army, pathetically weak everything else.
- Recently (or currently being shaken, I'm still working on that thread) by dramatic and recent changes to government, Eiskalt would be an easy prize for outside forces plotting to take over.
- I would love to have Fulgur II's head cut off after he does the same to his father after I'm done with my little series of mine...
- I would be more than happy to see people mess around with my not-so-lovely little country over here!
- My little country being the area of war with some major power groups?? I'D LOVE IT!!!

Max Dirks
02-20-14, 06:40 PM
Jasmine, your concerns are well noted.

However, this declaration of war is valid. Althanas is a collaborative fiction site ran under a creative commons with special copyright exceptions made for characters only. Anything that is added to Althanas itself, such as locations, races, materials, religions, etc., become part of the creative commons and is available to all for future use. An exception might be made if a location, race, material, religion, etc. was specific to a single character (like a character coming from an alternate plane of existence), because in that instance it would be clear the writer intended to use that specificaly for the growth and development of his or her own character. However, in your case Moriah was submitted not only to a blog (http://www.althanas.com/world/showwiki.php?title=Moriah:+Island+Nation) specifically designed to encourage players to collaborate with canon, but also to a regions contest (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?2550-Moriah&highlight=moriah) where the winning selection would become an actual Althanas region with a permanent subforum within the "Other Regions." This clearly indicates you intended to make Moriah available for public use. While I encourage participants in the war to seek you out for clarifications regarding the country, you do not have the right to deny them the opportunity to use the region.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Ashla
02-20-14, 07:04 PM
I would still consider using Eiskalt instead.

Dein
02-20-14, 07:10 PM
I shall lend my aid to Moraih. None should be forced into a war they don't want.

Duffy
02-20-14, 07:52 PM
There will be no war. There will be no fire, death nor bloodshed, and certainly no massacre.

Scara Brae has spoken.

The Inventor
02-20-14, 08:07 PM
The Trading Company is opening trade to both sides. Any weapon's bought for the war is 10% off if bought through The Trading Company.

Breaker
02-20-14, 10:19 PM
*Cracks Knuckles*

Tobias Stalt
02-21-14, 12:24 AM
*takes a drag from his pipe and dips his quill in the ink well*

Another tale begins...

Chelley
02-21-14, 12:39 AM
Then I will remove it from the wiki. Since clearly, I'm not allowed to change my mind.

There are no questions. It won't do me any good to talk to you. Since you won't (cause you haven't ever) listen to a thing I say.

Again, take your war somewhere else.

I do NOT appreciate having my plans for Moriah tromped on so Sei can have a stupid clan war. Other places have been offered... USE THEM!

(also, the description in the regions contest is completely out-of-date. Many changes have been made and that entry should be ignored as it is not very accurate)

Zook Murnig
02-21-14, 01:40 AM
You can do what you want with the region, and completely ignore the war. The war isn't necessarily canon, and even if it is, it isn't necessarily canon for your storyline. Dirks brings up a really good point, in that you clearly intended for Moriah to be a public region, rather than your own private playground. Public regions are subject to public whims, per Duffy's Tantalus storylines, Sei's Ixian Knights storyline in Corone, and I'm sure there are other non-official instances. Players shape the world, and if any of the content I had developed was used for a major player-driven event, I would be honored and happy to help in keeping it true to form. Throwing a fit and saying that an island has closed its borders because you don't personally want to participate is a poor example to set for newer members.

In other words, you put it out there, and now it's fair game. If you want to ignore it, then do so, but it's not fair to everyone else who has gotten excited about this for you to just flat out try to shut it down. Misery Business, admittedly, should have consulted you regarding this, but seeing as it is a declaration of war on a public region, they were in no way obligated to do so. If they choose to relocate the event, as has been suggested and discussed, that is their decision.

Chelley
02-21-14, 01:47 AM
Does it look like I care right now about setting examples?

It's not that I don't personally want to participate in the war.

It's that I wasn't even consulted. It is my region. I should have at least been a part of talks about what might happen about it. But I was not. And that a war is not in my plans for it are being completely and utterly ignored for the sake of a stupid clan war, despite there being other places it can happen. Places in which the whole event is actually WELCOME!

I have changed my mind. I do not want to share it after all. And have accordingly removed it from the Wiki.

If they go through with it, Moriah's canon is that it NEVER FRICKIN HAPPENS. Thus, there is NO point, in doing this.

Enigmatic Immortal
02-21-14, 03:01 AM
Jensen fights the war as a loyal soldier of the IK. Wherever that happens to be.

Ashla
02-21-14, 06:02 AM
*Turns on bright, blinking light that shines the world "EISKALT.*

Erikar
02-21-14, 07:05 AM
Erikar sides with the Order.

Roht Mirage
02-21-14, 09:30 AM
I think your idea and enthusiasm are wonderful, BlueGhost, and I would welcome the opportunity to have the war against the living backdrop that you could provide. I really hope whoever makes this decision takes that into account. Though, we probably won't be updated on that decision making process until it's complete. So, give it some time. You definitely aren't being ignored.

Fingers crossed. =)

Abomination
02-21-14, 09:31 AM
We should change the target location to wherever all the Mystic villages are hiding. Exterminate the Mystics!

Draug fights for The Order.

hoytti
02-21-14, 10:30 AM
Sorish Sends an army of 1000 coralian warriors to be split among the heroes who side with the knights. Regrettably, Sorish himself will be unable to join in as he is not yet 100 years old.

Zook Murnig
02-21-14, 10:44 AM
Chelley, I understand your position in this, and your anger is not undue. However, there are two ways that this could have been handled. You chose to indignantly shut everything down and remove the region from use by anyone for any reason. You could have, instead, chosen to speak with Sei directly, either privately via message or within this thread, and informed him that you would rather this war not take place on Morian soil. At this point, with the way in which you have removed yourself from the discussion, it entirely relies upon Sei's decision as to whether he will go ahead with the assault upon Moriah based upon information that is available to him, or if he will choose another location such as Eiskalt or Lavinia.

You have an opportunity here, however, to make amends and allow members to take part in your region as you see it once more. I am confident that Sei will listen to you if you approach him reasonably and rationally to request that he seek another location, especially since other options have been presented. His primary concern, I believe, is activity, both for the site and for the power groups involved.

Ashla
02-21-14, 10:56 AM
And Eiskalt? I'm stocked to see a war happen there!

Roht,
Aw, thank you! I hope so too, that would make me and probably Chelley extremely happy!

And wherever this is taking place, Ashla and Julius are joining the fun! We're on the side of the country, Ixian Knights, etc.

Zook Murnig
02-21-14, 11:23 AM
Take a deep breath, BlueGhost, and try to calm down a bit so that the thread doesn't get flooded with triple and quadruple posts. I know you're excited, but please use the edit button instead of posting repeatedly.

Ashla
02-21-14, 11:24 AM
Take a deep breath, BlueGhost, and try to calm down a bit so that the thread doesn't get flooded with triple and quadruple posts. I know you're excited, but please use the edit button instead of posting repeatedly.

Sorry.

Zook Murnig
02-21-14, 11:29 AM
It's understandable. I noticed that Eiskalt has an older Wiki page. If you want to make use of your enthusiasm to improve the odds of Eiskalt being chosen, you might turn it toward updating and further fleshing out that entry, particularly in regards to culture, governance, lay of the land, and maybe location in relation to official canon regions.

Ashla
02-21-14, 12:54 PM
It's understandable. I noticed that Eiskalt has an older Wiki page. If you want to make use of your enthusiasm to improve the odds of Eiskalt being chosen, you might turn it toward updating and further fleshing out that entry, particularly in regards to culture, governance, lay of the land, and maybe location in relation to official canon regions.

I actually have edited the resource list very recently. I do mean to add more features whenever I get a lot of time to make it look more like a wiki article of a Canon land such as Corone on here.

Chelley
02-21-14, 06:52 PM
I am confident that Sei will listen to you...

Yeah... I don't share that confidence. I don't believe for one minute that Sei would actually listen to anything I have to say in the matter as he hasn't done so thus far that I can tell. Neither do I believe that he cares what I think about it. If anything, the response of "oh well, too bad" when I voiced my objection proves to me that what I want for my country doesn't matter as far as Sei and Dirks are concerned.

I did ask, several times and made it very clear, several times, that I did not want this before taking the step of editing my wiki entry. I was pretty much either ignored or told to just deal with it.

Of course, being me,nothing I ever say is taken to be how I meant it, no matter how carefully I try to word it. (thus I have given up trying) The general assumption seems to be that if it's coming out of me, it must be nasty and rude.

I even told him that a fighting war was not necessary. That just for the opportunity to spite the IK, King Eric would happily GIVE MizBiz a plot of land and people to help build whatever on it.

That, too, was ignored.

If ya'll have just got to have a war so badly, you should take it somewhere that the idea is welcome. Not force it on a writer that doesn't want it for their region.

You have an opportunity here, however, to make amends and allow members to take part in your region as you see it once more.

Why should I? I have seen what making it public does, and it's not what I want for Moriah. So why should I bother?

Ashla
02-21-14, 06:58 PM
If ya'll have just got to have a war so badly, you should take it somewhere that the idea is welcome. Not force it on a writer that doesn't want it for their region.

I WANT A WAR IN MY REGION! Pick me! Pick me! :D

Btw, Chelley, how do you delete wikis?? I've been trying to delete my Icebreaker wiki for the longest time. Please respond? A little "thanks" for me joining your side?

Chelley
02-21-14, 07:07 PM
You can't delete threads. I just edited mine.

Tobias Stalt
02-21-14, 07:39 PM
At this point, the discussion should be taken to PMs. There is a spike in acerbic behavior and speech that has drawn undue attention from even un-involved parties, and we don't need any more infighting that will send newcomers running to the hills. I'm going to lock this thread for now, until a decision can be made.

Please direct any questions to an Administrator or Moderator.

Cheers,
Tobi.

Silence Sei
02-21-14, 11:32 PM
After much discussion and thought, the location of the battle will indeed be, in honor of Blue Ghost making Althy Player of the Year, Eiskalt.

Look at me being reasonable. :P