PDA

View Full Version : Eiskalt - Newly War Torn (OOC Descussion in Upcoming War and Eiskalt)

Ashla
02-22-14, 07:43 AM
Okay, since Eiskalt has been chosen for the land that the haunting, door-step stalking war is headed; I, the creator of the mountain country, technically, and IC government (Fulgur II, Julius, and Ashla are all run on separate accounts and are the ones in control of the country) has decided to make an OOC thread to discuss this county while the war is shredding it hopelessly to pieces! >: )

So, anything that needs to be pointed out, like anything to add the the wiki for a better look at anything you need to be able to have a clear view at during the war, you can place here.

I am currently working on the key locations, and I will try to pin point it on the official Althanas map. Also, a request for a map of the country has been made, so I will also be getting to that soon enough...

And I already hinted this, but all the IC moves/ laws etc. that Eiskalt passes and stuff will be provoked through my three IC account listed above, who will be very active in the war since this is their country over here...

By the way, Eiskalt is the brown area, not the rest of the island. And yes, I just scrapped this together on paint.

Ashla
02-22-14, 11:57 AM
Update: I am currently working on a map with the program AutoREALM. As soon as I figure out how I can make everything the color I want to and such I may be on a breeze finishing this...

Also, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to have an IC thread about the three Eiskalt leaders finding out that a war is heading their way and them looking for any help they can get. (It would be open to everybody taking the country's side.) Good idea?

black shadow
02-22-14, 12:00 PM
That would be a great idea I think, but we would probably have to finish it before the war starts. It would be especially inserestimg for Dhadow and Ashla though.

Ashla
02-22-14, 12:15 PM
Dhadow or Shadow? xD
And thanks for the feedback! I already think I know how to start the thread; but even though I'm using an entire program (which I did use before), I can't seem to get this dumb map right, lol! :P

Ashla
02-22-14, 12:47 PM
Well, guys, here is my official (and terrible looking) map for Eiskalt! (I suggest you look at it full screen since obviously everything is so darn small.)

Now, to explain some things.
- It is explained in the wikia that the only way to get in aside the secret passages, which are secret for a reason, is the Stahl Gate. The location of the gate is shown on the map.
- The reason why lines of mountains are everywhere is because that's how things really are there. The mountains are huge, and in the mountains and caves lie Eiskalt's natural resources. To get to them, mines and quarries have been built into the mountains and "layers" of mountain have been created. From the gate on you seem to descend lower into the landscape, by a mountain-like "staircase" or "layer", up until you reach the valley where Eiskalt's capital and Lake Peaceful is found. (I hope that made even a small lick of sense...)
- The mountain steps, valley, Neanderthal cave, cities, villages, etc. are all surrounded by the black-line mountains I placed everywhere.
- The gate and secret passages are the only structures and pathways that can allow access in and out of the country by going through the first mountain.

Max Dirks
02-22-14, 01:59 PM
BGOS, I'm having trouble placing it on the world map. Is it north of Berevar? If so, it'd be pretty damn cold up there, like the arctic. If it's on the other side of the globe, why would our characters want to go there? That world map was never designed to be more than a slab of the globe. Maybe you should put it somewhere in all that unused tan space to the east rather than inventing what is essentially an island on the opposite hemisphere of the globe.

Rayse Valentino
02-22-14, 02:04 PM
Or put it in the Tular Plains somewhere, because that region has been underused.

Ashla
02-22-14, 02:09 PM
I dunno, no matter where it is it's pretty cold... But has some great resources! :D

Meanwhile I may try to find a different location. It is rather cold, only two months a year given for there to be no snow at all. Who knows where I could put it? It's "inside" an isolated mountain so I myself have no clue... I'll try to think of something over here.

And is that map any good at all? :P

Max Dirks
02-22-14, 02:20 PM
You could make your continent have an abundance of a rare metal, like titanium or adamantium, and call them the [insert metal] wars!

Ashla
02-22-14, 02:24 PM
Heck, more than titanium and/or adamantium (Thanks! Awesome idea, I'll add that!) I even made up metals and diamonds for this place! xD
And I think I have a good idea where I wanna put it now if not the way north.

BlackAndBlueEyes
02-22-14, 02:25 PM
Actually, BGoS, I believe this current official map of Althanas (http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/750/althanasmapfinished.jpg).

There's a huge expanse of open, uncharted sea to the east of Salvar and Berevar--you could place it in that area, and still have the climate be unbearably cold and snowy for most of the year.

Ashla
02-22-14, 02:37 PM
Actually, BGoS, I believe this current official map of Althanas (http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/750/althanasmapfinished.jpg).

There's a huge expanse of open, uncharted sea to the east of Salvar and Berevar--you could place it in that area, and still have the climate be unbearably cold and snowy for most of the year.

Huh, I thought that since the changes made here the map was changed... Thank you for the info! :)

Okay, let's see here I can place Eiskalt...

Ashla
02-22-14, 02:43 PM
Alrighty, it would be somewhere around around where it is shown on the map. (And I drew an absolutly terrible mountain - and keep in mind that the mountain area is Eiskalt; not the entire island!)

Does this look okay?

Rayse Valentino
02-22-14, 02:58 PM
That's pretty far out of the way for anyone to care about. You know, a really good strategic position would be between Corone and Fallien or Corone and Alerar/Raiaera.

If you still want it North, between Corone and Salvar would be good as well, another strategic point.

Ashla
02-22-14, 03:06 PM
That's pretty far out of the way for anyone to care about. You know, a really good strategic position would be between Corone and Fallien or Corone and Alerar/Raiaera.

If you still want it North, between Corone and Salvar would be good as well, another strategic point.

The thing is, Eiskalt is really isolated, barely anybody knows about it. However, several Icebreakers and Tabors have cone out of the open, so people are going to learn about it and take interest. It's pretty hard trying to figure the whole map thing out, I am aiming for a place close to Salvar though.

Odium
02-22-14, 05:05 PM
I propose you stick it a little to the south of where it's currently located. Perhaps we could go for a kind of colonialism feel to this war. Ships leaving Salvar trying to explore east of the known continent a few years prior stumbled upon this island with its own curious culture and a lot of valuable resources, and the powers at be rush for a chance to grab it.

hoytti
02-22-14, 05:07 PM
Perfect idea

Ashla
02-22-14, 05:36 PM
Well, Misery Business is the group that declared war and all so how this actually starts is up to them. xD

Odium
02-22-14, 06:15 PM
Sure, but it's a community-wide thing so it would be nice if we all contributed to whatever's happening. Anywho, I just threw that idea out there, people can play with it however they want if they think it's a good one, haha.

Lye
02-22-14, 07:10 PM
Having it close to Salvar adds a great incentive to The Order. We currently reside within Salvar and having the opportunity to expand a naval force and possibly seek a treaty with The Black Sails Armada is enticing. It would certainly be nice to spell out some additional flora or fauna. There are minerals, but what about other forms of resources? Do you have dragons? Yetti? Ruins? Ice Mold? Is there a deep history of the nation prior to human occupation? How did the IceBreakers inherent their bloodline? Does it have to do with some ancient secret of the isle? Are there currently any trade ports? How many navel vessels can it hold? What size vessels can it handle? What sea life is there? Since it is so cold and subject to glacial winds, food sources are important to consider. Is the earth fertile? Can crops be grown? Since it is a remote Isle, does the country have any relations with local government? Could they count on the aide of Salvar, Corone, or Scara Brae for support?

Those are all the questions I have now. Still, I have plenty of incentive to fight for occupation. At present, it seems we may be outnumbered.

Ashla
02-22-14, 07:25 PM
Having it close to Salvar adds a great incentive to The Order. We currently reside within Salvar and having the opportunity to expand a naval force and possibly seek a treaty with The Black Sails Armada is enticing.

Uh oh ... ... ... Oh well, I'm posting it close to Salvar anyways!

There are minerals, but what about other forms of resources? Do you have dragons? Yetti? Ruins? Ice Mold? Is there a deep history of the nation prior to human occupation? How did the IceBreakers inherent their bloodline? Does it have to do with some ancient secret of the isle? Are there currently any trade ports? How many navel vessels can it hold? What size vessels can it handle? What sea life is there? Since it is so cold and subject to glacial winds, food sources are important to consider. Is the earth fertile? Can crops be grown? Since it is a remote Isle, does the country have any relations with local government? Could they count on the aide of Salvar, Corone, or Scara Brae for support?

So.
Many.
Questions!

Okay, uh, let's see here...

- Well, despite the weather, there are actually plants that grow food. Like those little, red berries that go good with everything I have no name for yet. Also, there's fish. You could also consider all the pine trees a good resource that the country itself uses, but they're not exported out of Eiskalt for trading purposes.
- ... I don't think we have dragons...
- There may be one or two ghost towns here or there, but no major ruins.
- Yes, there is. Neanderthals originally roamed Eiskalt as the only humanoid species to thrive there... Then the humans came in... And all I need to say from here is "European settlers vs. Native Americans". ... Then "extreme murder".
- I have no idea on how the Icebreaker or Tabors originally got their powers. Adam Icebreaker was born with them... I've been on that one for a long time, but I still don't know the answer.
- All imports and exports of trade are done through the Stahl Gate (more information on the gate is in the wikia).
- Yes, food can be grown. In fact, in the valley it's warm enough to have farms. Also, there are still small berry bushes and such that can grow and produce fruit in the cold. Also, there are deer, moose, rabbits, birds, and more that an be hunted for food. And do not forget the fish!
- Eiskalt has barely any relations with the outside world whatsoever (past rulers' faults, not the current three's.)

Ashla
02-23-14, 05:29 PM
Hey, everyone, any other questions or concerns you have about the war and such from Eiskalt's side can be asked here.

Ashla
02-26-14, 01:33 PM
Hello, I'm here to request that the war isn't fought as "1v1". Even "2v2" would be better in my opinion... Thank you!

BlackAndBlueEyes
02-26-14, 01:39 PM
One-on-ones allow smaller but no less important stories to be told within the greater scheme of the war. They could be, like, a spy from one side committing an act of sabotage within an enemy's camp, or their holdings, or what have you.

They allow characters who don't necessarily excel in giant battles between Althanas's Supermans and Gandalfs to nevertheless participate and have a lasting impact on the overall outcome.

Enigmatic Immortal
02-26-14, 02:02 PM
They allow characters who don't necessarily excel in giant battles between Althanas's Supermans and Gandalfs to nevertheless participate and have a lasting impact on the overall outcome.

I giggled way to hard at this....

But truth up there. 1v1 allows a whole universe of options for a war to happen.

Tobias Stalt
02-26-14, 02:46 PM
BlueGhost, the War will be fought on many fronts. Never you worry.

That said, how would YOU Like to be involved in some of the setting up that Lye, myself and Odium will be doing? Since, well, Fulgur is sort of your PC, and we'll be using your region?

Ashla
02-26-14, 03:22 PM
BlueGhost, the War will be fought on many fronts. Never you worry.

That said, how would YOU Like to be involved in some of the setting up that Lye, myself and Odium will be doing? Since, well, Fulgur is sort of your PC, and we'll be using your region?

Thanks!

And really?? Yes! :) Thank you!

Hysteria
02-27-14, 05:21 AM
I think we should go with icemold as one of the reasons for this war. It seems to sit well with the location veins of icemold running through the mountians (or whatever is used to make it). You could tie that into the icebreaker lineage. Perhaps they once knew how to make icemold and it is that slumbering knowledge that gives them their abilities?

One-on-ones allow smaller but no less important stories to be told within the greater scheme of the war. They could be, like, a spy from one side committing an act of sabotage within an enemy's camp, or their holdings, or what have you.

Aka, the Ixian knights send in their assassins to cut off strategic points ;)

Ashla
02-27-14, 09:00 AM
I think we should go with icemold as one of the reasons for this war. It seems to sit well with the location veins of icemold running through the mountians (or whatever is used to make it). You could tie that into the icebreaker lineage. Perhaps they once knew how to make icemold and it is that slumbering knowledge that gives them their abilities?

I already added titanium (sorry if I spelled that wrong) So I could do both? xD

Max Dirks
02-27-14, 09:36 AM
I'm a big fan of Facade v. Ice Reaver type wars.

They're massive and allow the most interaction between characters!

Ashla
02-27-14, 10:16 AM
I'm a big fan of Facade v. Ice Reaver type wars.

They're massive and allow the most interaction between characters!

(Yes, I know, I may look stupid asking this but...)
What are Facade v. Ice Reaver style battles? I only found the IK v. PA wars and they're all 1v1 so I don't know the other types.

:P

Roht Mirage
02-27-14, 10:52 AM
The Facade v. Ice Reaver war took place in a building with multiple rooms. Different threads functioned as the rooms. You could leave one and jump into another (provided you could actually get your character past all the fighting and through the door). It was like a set of interconnected Cells.

It was great fun, but I'm not sure if it would work here. This war will be of much wider scope, and that kind of battle is designed for a single event and location. Granted, I don't know the setup, so it might be applicable at a later stage in the war.

Max Dirks
02-27-14, 11:09 AM
I disagree, Roht.

The bazaar war was done as a Facade v. Ice Reaver type war. There were 10 areas in Corone (not rooms) that characters could traverse across and almost every player on Althanas at the time participated. It was much epic.

BGOS, check the last Gisela Open in the Crystal Ball. It was done F/IR style and can give you a better idea of how it worked.

Roht Mirage
02-27-14, 11:11 AM
Never read the Bazaar War. (Bad me.)

You do make a good point, though. Perhaps it could work. It would certainly be epic.

Ashla
02-27-14, 11:31 AM
I read a bit of the 2007 one, pretty cool.

It looks like a regular Gisela war though. Cool either way!

Lye
02-27-14, 11:33 AM
If taken to that approach, we may need a more detailed map. There needs to be defensible areas and choke points aside from the mountains. There will also need to be a topographical city layout. A map would be nice, but I can accept a detailed description of city layout and sections (Lower class area, upper class area, marketplace, civic square, castle grand hall, castle living quarters, castle barracks, castle dungeon, and a crypt/graveyard would be some basics.)

I can offer limited artistic aide, but I'm spread thin as is. If you have a clear idea of how you want to work this, let me know and I can see about generating a basic visual aide.

Ashla
02-27-14, 11:36 AM
I'm not sure if I want Gisela much. It's really cool (now this is war! Entire armies just beating each other out!) But I would like to read a F/IR too (if I can find it)

And for the map, I can see what I can do but I'm still rusty with the program I use. I could make several maps separating the regions up (when I can get to it that is, it will be some before I could get to that...)

Tobias Stalt
02-27-14, 12:42 PM
Well, Ozoric and myself will be writing a Gisela battle. (I believe that was the concensus.) The others will be doing other things. That way, you get to read all kinds of fighting.

Philomel
02-27-14, 04:31 PM
Okay I am going to offer this - I am a sort-of well-known cartographer amongst other RPers, in terms of tabletop RP and other oneline ones.
Though I am not great at drawing people or hands and so on I can put my hand to drawing a detailed map pretty good.
:)

Philomel
02-27-14, 04:32 PM
Okay I am going to offer this - I am a sort-of well-known cartographer amongst other RPers, in terms of tabletop RP and other online ones.
Though I am not great at drawing people or hands and so on I can put my hand to drawing a detailed map pretty good.
:)

Amber Eyes
02-27-14, 04:33 PM
Battles are set up by the leaders from each side. We plan to have a good mix. Let myself or Sei know if a specific style interests you.

Ashla
02-27-14, 05:04 PM
Double post, Phi xD And thanks for the offer! Are you sure?

And thanks, Amber. And I'm still reading about for these. 1v1 still has my least amount of interest though :}

Enigmatic Immortal
02-27-14, 06:27 PM
It has my most interest. The 1v1. But then again it is up to the two clan leaders.

Ashla
03-02-14, 06:49 PM
Okay guys, here's a map of the overall Stahl Gate area! I'm also currently making a map of the gate's area alone and the surroundings, but this shows the basic outline. From Stahl Gate to Stahl Village, the village where the Stahl Gate guards live that's hidden in the forest behind the gate (yeah.. I just remembered I could have added trees to this thing... Heh.)

But anyways, here's a more detailed map of the only legal and well known way to get into Eiskalt! :)

Ashla
03-02-14, 07:35 PM
And here's the map of the gate/ stronghold itself!

- The walls are... the walls. xD
- The gate is under the biggest wall.
- In between the two smaller walls is the walkway through the gate and into Eiskalt.
- The other areas on the opposite sides of the gate are still inside the "gate". They are the armories, HQ centers, and camps of the men who work there.
- The towers on the upper smaller wall are arrow towers.
- The round towers with weapon icons on them are ballistas.
- There are also arrow towers with ballistas on the roofs on the mountain areas surrounding the gate.
- I sure hope everything listed above isn't confusing...

Philomel
03-03-14, 03:48 AM
BGoS, yeah I am sure. I have a few days free from classes this week, can have it up by Friday if that helps :P

Hysteria
03-03-14, 03:59 AM
Where about is the fighting going to start? The various tunnels/paths through the mountains could make it so that some forces get through even if the inital phase of the battle is won by the defenders.

Ashla
03-03-14, 07:03 AM
Where about is the fighting going to start? The various tunnels/paths through the mountains could make it so that some forces get through even if the inital phase of the battle is won by the defenders.

I have no idea... I guess plotting out the locations on the secret passages are next.

Hysteria
03-03-14, 04:14 PM
They can be vague. Nothing says advencha! like nor knowing where you are in a series of tunnels under the ground.

Rayse Valentino
03-03-14, 04:53 PM
I hope we're allowed to take liberties with the setting, because I can't make heads or tails of those maps, and last time the attackers had to confer with the defenders about the intricacies of the setting and were docked whenever they got it wrong.

Ashla
03-03-14, 04:55 PM
I hope we're allowed to take liberties with the setting, because I can't make heads or tails of those maps, and last time the attackers had to confer with the defenders about the intricacies of the setting and were docked whenever they got it wrong.

Is it that the images are too small, or do they just not make sense? And how to I make my uploaded images bigger?

Rayse Valentino
03-03-14, 04:58 PM
Regardless of the images, putting so many people together and docking them for not getting the setting perfect was a bit much last clan war.

Ashla
03-03-14, 05:01 PM
Regardless of the images, putting so many people together and docking them for not getting the setting perfect was a bit much last clan war.

Well, the island outside Eiskalt is absolutely free on setting. I do have my preferences for Eiskalt itself though, especially Stahl Gate and Tyranta. Outside of the basic outlines though, I guess you can stick stuff in there.

Odium
03-03-14, 05:21 PM
Upload to an image hosting service like tinypic.com instead of uploading them as attachments, provided the images themselves are bigger than the ones we can see.

Ashla
03-03-14, 05:25 PM
Upload to an image hosting service like tinypic.com instead of uploading them as attachments, provided the images themselves are bigger than the ones we can see.

Okay, thank you

Lye
03-03-14, 05:29 PM
Flickr is another great image hosting site. I use it for all mine and keep the settings private so they aren't out for the world to stumble upon.

Philomel
03-04-14, 04:12 AM
Okay BGoS and others;
here are options for the map I am making.
Firstly here (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-w-QRBk9bE-0/UxcIt0pVQUI/AAAAAAAAAhA/pjKMy7egFZU/s1600/1231456_10151781889005819_662742334_n.jpg) is a hand drawn example, it was a quick sketch, one I did for a friend's RP.
I can start off with just a sketch, like seen there, and use my editor to place in text.
Once with a sketch I can put it through.. well paint, basically, like I did here. (http://www.althanas.com/world/album.php?albumid=130&attachmentid=3223)
And yes, there is also this... (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zZZ_GnSqxd8/UxcI9pTP2tI/AAAAAAAAAhI/PFhgbMqQQhM/s1600/1617421_10152049118155819_1583033841_o.jpg) but it will take ages to make. But it depends on the time you have. Also, this is a lower rating - on the highest jpg. version, it does show up.

EDIT (05/03/2014): I have updated the images, apparently the original versions did not link properly.

Philomel
03-05-14, 04:26 AM
Okay update: I have started work on the map, got a method for putting in the steppes. I am just wondering in general about the water system? Is there any river etc flowing through the main valley?

Hysteria
03-05-14, 04:35 AM
Those pictures seem locked. If you right click and 'view image' then link us to that it should work.

Philomel
03-05-14, 05:26 AM
Those pictures seem locked. If you right click and 'view image' then link us to that it should work.

Hysteria, I have edited the image links so they should show up now.

Hysteria
03-05-14, 05:43 AM
Wow its huge! What's the scale?

Philomel
03-05-14, 06:35 AM
I am assuming you mean the Eskallic lands, the last one... its for a D and D game I help run.
I think the largest version was a 4K by 4K pixel version, about 8MB.

Ashla
03-05-14, 06:42 AM
Okay update: I have started work on the map, got a method for putting in the steppes. I am just wondering in general about the water system? Is there any river etc flowing through the main valley?

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

The first picture type would good. Thank you, again! :) And there may be streams going around here and there, but the main water source is Lake Peaceful, which is in the valley.

Philomel
03-05-14, 07:26 AM
I totally understand, I saw your post that you are busy. I have been working on sketches and what I have so far looks pretty decent, though I say so myself.
I was just wondering about streams due to the fact that Lake Peaceful will empty out somewhere and if its through the mountains, that is a route people can go, but it could always be a really steep gorge...
Got what I need for now; I will work on this main version and post it hopefully by Friday. Then you can give me a heads up if you want a city plan or anything else.

Philomel
03-06-14, 07:38 PM
What I have so far. Sorry about the not great quality but this is supposed to just be a photo, which it is so :D.
BGoS, about Urum, where is it upon this map (I read about it in the wiki). Also I know Lake Peaceful is not as big as it should be, but this version makes sense with judging the idea about the Steppes.

Ashla
03-06-14, 07:42 PM
Phi,
I
LOVE
THIS!

And Unum is located further down in the valley. Down below the stream in the valley? Somewhere around there...

Meanwhile, I will go to the wiki and write out what I came up with for what Unum looks like (finally have a good idea for this one).

Philomel
03-07-14, 07:43 AM
So here is the final product - picture and here (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FWjWybZ_KUA/UxnMcQfrZyI/AAAAAAAAAhc/Ro-prjmEicQ/s1600/.jpg) as a thingmy on the internet. How is that? I can do a higher resolution and so on, but won't be able to until Sunday evening.