PDA

View Full Version : Whose writing do you actually follow?

Damion Shargath
09-17-06, 03:28 PM
Whose stories do you actually follow? Is there any player/writer on Althanas whose reading you really enjoy? If so, who is it - and do you actively read any new posts in RP threads he/she partakes in?

Or...do you possibly read pretty much no ones work? It's not something horrible to admit, I myself don't for example. Now and then I browse through threads, but often I can't find the motivation after writing 2-3 pages or I simply have no time. A currently active writer whose material I really enjoy would probably be Elrundir/Christina Bredith. I simply find myself very captured and mesmerized by the flow in his, and the style of his writing.

grim137
09-17-06, 03:58 PM
I don't really follow any writers in particular. Usually I'll be randomly browsing threads and a post or something in that thread will catch my eye which will cause me to read the thread, but overall there is no particular writer I like to follow.

Clown
09-17-06, 04:02 PM
I really enjoy Storm Veritas writing, as well as Cyrus the Virus. They're both pretty active so I can't really see them all, but if something gets judged and I know they're in it, I try to read it. I also enjoy reading some of Letho's stuff, but there's just so much of it. I think I've also read everything that MadGoblin wrote, though I may have missed one somewhere.

Ebivoulya
09-17-06, 05:43 PM
I read the writing of everyone I have a thread with, and that's about it. I have other boards and other responsibilities to take into account. If someone links me to a quest they think is particularly good, I'll skim it, but I don't actively ready anyone's writing just to read it. I'm an unusually impatient person, though.

Daggertail
09-17-06, 05:45 PM
I mostly follow people I consider friends because there's a personal connection that makes the reading more enjoyable. I won't name names incase I forget someone and it's unfair to them because of my absent mind.

nekoprince
09-17-06, 05:47 PM
It usually depends. I never read anything in one swing. Ever. But like I'll follow along with certain quests every once in a while to try and see how they're doing and stuff. With school though I don't do it so much, but them's the breaks.

Breaker
09-17-06, 06:08 PM
I've read everything Jess wrote with all of her characters... and I like reading Pavel's stuff to, although normally I don't have time to do much reading on here.

Ithermoss
09-17-06, 06:47 PM
I really enjoy reading the fresher characters' work. When there's a skilled writer, and the character isn't bogged down by thread after thread of established storyline that just gets recycled back into a new thread, it's really good.

Sighter Tnailog
09-17-06, 07:09 PM
I try to keep in contact with the work of Krugor, MadGoblin, and Leopold. Other than that, not a whole lot.

Ashiakin
09-17-06, 09:27 PM
I don't read anyone's stuff, unless I'm in a thread with someone else or judging something. There's people's stuff I'd like to read. I just feel like I should use my free time to do mod work. Or, you know, be lazy.

Empyrean
09-17-06, 09:32 PM
I usually read threads by people I've quested with, and I also follow the work of anyone whose writing catches my eye. Some writers whose threads I read in particular are Krugor, Chidori Draconid, and Cyrus the Virus/Izvilvin.

Alberdyne_Cormyr
09-17-06, 11:35 PM
When I joined Althanas long ago I used to read a lot of the finished quests that were on TanThanas--I had much more free time back then. I developed a huge respect for Neosaim, Ashiakin, Ithermoss, Jess, and a lot of others. I almost always at least glance through the Judge's Choice area because that material is what I consider to be my competition.

There are tons of newcomers to Althanas that I would love to rp with. I never got a chance to rp with Storm and I like his writing a lot.

Stormy dude, we gotta do something together soon man.

AdventWings
09-18-06, 04:37 AM
If it's less than 30 posts, I'll read it all in a single hour.

Well, ya gotta have my attention as well - that's the rule if you want me to read something.

So far, I've read a heck too much for my own good. Most of them on Althanas.

Notables are: Letho, Dissinger, Cyrus+Izzy, Empy, Krugor, Chidori and some more I couldn't quite remember. Then again, I random around the entire place. It's good, I tell you. Makes you see the overall quality of writing on Althanas.

Raelyse
09-19-06, 07:01 AM
I don't read anyone's stuff, unless I'm in a thread with someone else or judging something. There's people's stuff I'd like to read. I just feel like I should use my free time to do mod work. Or, you know, be lazy.

You're me, except about the doing work part.

streak101
09-23-06, 12:03 AM
I tend to adopt some writing skills from people I quest with. For example, if i see someone type say, a paragraph that has a neat trick to it I tend to try and sort of use it in my writing. Course it works only half the time i use it. I once heard someone say i had a writing style similar to a member of althanas...

Tainted Bushido
12-16-08, 03:37 AM
I'm actually going to bump this in interest of the ALthanas Tournament of Champions.

I'll also take it a step further, who do you look forward to see in the tournament write? We have a number of veterans returning from hiatus just to represent their realms. Who are you waiting with baited breath to see once more?

Who do you dread returning?

Shisui
12-16-08, 03:44 AM
Well, someone I dread returning is Zieg and Sorahn, just because I know how they've dominated/done well before. I'm a lot more experienced than I used to be, and as Zieg has said himself, he might be a little rusty, so I'm looking forward to see if I can hold my own against not only them, but all the others returning.

Saxon
12-16-08, 09:07 AM
Who do you dread returning?

Nobody, really. I have people in mind that I imagine will be harder to face than others, but nobody here seems to be have been completely thrown over to the deep end when it comes to power. My compliments to the RoG, by the way, they've been doing a fantastic job with this tournament and it should end up being fun for everybody.

I'll be looking forward to writing with quite a few people, although my biggest goal for this tournament will probably be to overcome what has been known to be my status quo.

BlackAndBlueEyes
12-16-08, 09:29 AM
I dread my own return, since I haven't done a post here in a good long while. Too much working on my audio drama projects has me sharp with the dialogue but sucking with everyone else.

Saxon
12-16-08, 04:27 PM
Inclusion to what I had above: The guy I want to face the most in this tournament just because it'd be really interesting to see how Brom and his character would interact, would be Shadowed. Even if I don't, I'm pretty sure I'll be following his battles closely during this tournament.

Rebellion
12-17-08, 11:42 AM
Stalked Witchblade for a while. I was the creepy guy in the black cloak.
Letho's stuff I enjoy, but where's the surprise in that?
Number's stuff, however, is what I read the most. Probably because he's the only writer I've seen to use first person narrative, but I like it.

lPulse
12-30-08, 04:11 PM
I am new to Althanas and don`t consider that I follow anyone`s writing here yet. However the more goodness a writer displays the more I`m likely to folllow that one`s writings if I`m doing any reading.

Fatina
01-03-09, 08:56 PM
I used to follow Witchblade's reading, a little bit from Temptress. But that's as far as my curiosity goes.

Rebellion
01-05-09, 02:36 PM
Let your curiosity lead you, young 'un.
It'll bring you to many amazin' places!
Just look at what happened to Alice. :D
Slayer's my gig.