PDA

View Full Version : A Steam Invention (Solo) (Invention)

The Mad Scientist
02-26-14, 12:19 PM
STREETS OF VENT
People crowd the streets and moves out of the way of the horseless carriages that is common in the city. A machine, known as a train engine, puffs it's way down a line made of two steel rods in the center of the street, pulling a line of carriages behind it. The brick buildings rise high into the sky dwarfing the people as they walk by.

NARRATOR
Ah Vent, the City of Steam. Believe it or not, ten years ago, this bustling city was nothing more then a small town. It's buildings made of wood and it's guards only carrying swords. Now look at it, a bustling city with the trains and horseless carriages, people everywhere you look, and guards carrying steam powered weapons. Believe it or not, it's all thanks to one man. Jacob Kneller, also known as Dr. Steam.

DR. Steam enters the room. He is a lean man with messy black hair and green eyes walks onto the scene He wears a white dress shirt and blue over alls. A white lab coat, stained with oil, is worn over the shirt. He has black goggles on his head, and oil stained leather boots and gloves. On his back is a metal box that has a hose that connects to a machine that is jumping forward quickly jumping through the crowd.

DR. STEAM
Excuse me, pardon me, coming through.

NARRATOR
The doctor seems to be in a hurry I wonder why?

The doctor looks towards the Narrator.

DR. STEAM
What are you talking about? I'm in no hurry?

NARRATOR
Really, then why are you riding that contraption?

DR. STEAM
I'm testin' it out of course. Now then, if you don't mind? I'm gonna to be jumpin' that fence overthere.

Dr. Steam races towards a fence and pushes a button, the machine jumps 12 feet off the ground and lands in the alleyway on the other side of the fence. However, as soon as it lands, it collapses.

DR. STEAM
Oh darn, out of steam.

Dr. Steam gets out of the machine which strangely just disappears. He then looks at his watch.

DR. STEAM
Twenty-one seconds of riding that machine. Twenty seconds in agility and 1 jump. Not bad, but of course, I could probably increase the amount of time with a built in steampack. Oh well. Something to think about.

He looks towards narrator

DR. STEAM
Well, I'm going home, you have any plans?

NARRATOR
Well actually, I planned on going home to my lovely wife.

Dr. Steam's looks down with a sad frown on his face.

DR. STEAM
Oh, of course you would. I mean, I guess even an invisible talking voice would have a significant other.

NARRATOR
Now what has got you down doctor?

Dr. Steam looks away.

DR. STEAM
Oh, nothing you need to worry about, just wish I could find my significant other is all.

NARRATOR
Hey, chin up, I'm sure you'll find your love some time. You just have to keep on looking.

Dr. Steam sighs then starts to head down the alleyway where he had finished his most recent inventions test.

DR. STEAM
Yeah, maybe some day.

Dr. Steam disappears into the darkness.

NARRATOR
(sheepishly)
Opps.