PDA

View Full Version : Relaxation...(Open)

Blue
04-01-06, 03:35 PM
(Might as well get something started...open to any who wish to join, as it states in the title.)

"This place smells of vomit..." the young man whispered under his breath as he stepped in to the musty tavern that looked as though it hadn't received activity in quite some time. A portly patron sat at the bar on the far side of the room, adjacent to Abrahm's current position. He seemed to be quite occupied with the bartender's maid, making snide remarks about her overexposure of cleavage.

Grimacing slightly as he stepped forth and heard the floorboards creak, the break of the silence caused the bartender's head to jerk up.

"Aye boy, what be yer reasonin' for steppin' into my-" he took a short pause to spit on the floor, "establishment? Ya one o' them bards or minstrels or whatever, I s'pose...judgin' by the looks of that fancy instrooment ya gots thar tied 'bout yerself. Well, I won't be stoppin' ya from playin'...haven't seen much activity 'round these parts in some time..." The man seemed to trail off, wiping is nose with his sleeve before turning to grab a rag. He then proceeded to wipe off the counter, paying Abrahm no more attention.

Deciding a response was no longer needed, he surveyed the surrounding tables. There was nothing special about how they were arranged, simply placed where they would fit so that most people could enjoy themselves. However, a thin membrane of dust looked as though it caked everything, and Abrahm thought it was almost unsanitary to even attempt to dust off one of the chairs enough to seat himself.

Finally working up the mettle to dust off one of the rickety chairs, he sat and felt as if this was not a safe position. The creaking only increased with his added weight. Standing slowly, he walked towards the bar and gently tapped it with his index finger.

"Excuse me...mister...could I get some water?" The man fixed a bewildered look on his face, and Abrahm quickly shook his head. "Er...I mean, may I have some ale? Whatever you have, really..." The bartender's face slowly returned to it's calm composure as he nodded in compliance and began filling a small tankard. He placed it on the bar where Abrahm took it and returned to his seat.

He slowly slid the lute from around his back and let it rest on his legs. The wood had a few marks in it from his travels, but was still in fairly decent condition. Resting his feet upon the table, he was praying that it was stable enough to at least hold him until he could practice a few songs. The minstrel ran his fingers along the chords and listened to the soft sound they produced, his drowsy eyes slowly drifting shut. Suddenly they shot open as he began to pluck the strings quickly and produced a catchy melody.

His head bobbed with the music as he felt energy flowing through him. He closed his eyes once again and concentrated solely on the music that was being produced. It was a wondrous sound and he couldn't help but whistle softly as he continued playing. After the long road he had traveled, it felt extremely good to finally be able to play again.

Ending the song, he felt the renewed strength fade and stretched his hand towards his tankard, listening to the individual cracking of his fingers. He tensed them for a moment to finish stretching them before taking a sip of the beer. It was sour and made him want to spew it back out, but it had been a while since he'd had much to drink, and was at least happy to have something.

Teutonic Knight
04-02-06, 04:50 AM
Godfrey slowley opened the strudy door of the tavern and realized it wasnt what he excpeted but it will have to do. As he walked in he heard a nice soft tune making him feel more like at home. He walked past the bard that had been playing the music and took a step in front of the bartender.

"Give me some ale if you dont mind" Godfrey said.
"Sure thing" the bartender replied filling up a tankard that looked almost as old as he did.

Godfrey grabed the tankard and headed over to the table where the bard was sitting. Before taking a seat he wiped off the dust from the chair wich looked rather flimsy. Godfrey sat down in the chair and took a gulp of the sour ale not realizing that the ale was older then the tavern he got it from.

"uhh...this is awful I guess I cant do anything about it know that that I already bout it" Godfrey unpleased with his cup of ale still continued to drink it for it was the closet thing to alcohol he had in a weeks.

Godfrey looked up at the bard after the song was over and smiled. Then looked down at his cup of ale and took only a sip this time because of its tart taste.

He observed the tavern and noticed it was very very old and dirty it even had a matching smell. The tavern was looked as if it were rotting away not to mention the fact that the bartender looked as if he enjoyed the place and wanted to spend as much time in here as anywere else.

Godfrey began to hum the catchy tune that the bard was playing when he walked in. Godfrey enjoyed music and liked local lore and such he also liked to tell a couple storys himself he also liked to tell a few jokes. Godfrey once again looked up at the bard waiting to see if he would play another song or start a conversation.

Blue
04-02-06, 09:19 AM
At first, the bard took little notice of the new patron. He figured that they were just like any other stranger, going to get their ale and then be on their way to drown themselves in it. This one, however, was different.

The bard had been transfixed on his lute until he heard the squeaking of the chair across from him being sat on. His head began to rise, his lazy eyes scanning upwards to see who this new listener might be. He was quite pleased to see that someone was enjoying his music, and he began to play another melody.

This one had a slower hint to it, and a very translucent blue mist even seemed to be emanating from the chords as he strung them. Soon it began to swirl around Abrahm, ridding him of a few bruises on his face. He sighed happily and whistled along with the tune. It was a slow one, yet still comforting, and made his insides warm.

Finally ending it, he then turned his attention to the stranger.

"Good day, sir. What brings you to this...tavern, if you could call it that, and is there anything I can do for you?" he asked, the corners of his mouth beginning to tighten into a boyish grin. He reached a hand up and ruffled his hair, giving a slight yawn while trying to keep focused and not give in to his sudden urge to continue playing.

He sized this man up. He seemed friendly. On the outside, the man looked to be quite a bit older than himself. However, in Althanas, Abrahm had found you could judge very little by a man's appearance. Fortunately, the minstrel was quite trusting, and did enjoy the company of a fellow man. He reached for his mug and grasped it firmly, lifting it to his mouth and taking a long gulp. It stuck his mouth slightly, making him smack his lips as he cringed ever so lightly.

Meanwhile, the bartender had been gathering up glasses and placing them loudly on the counter, listening to them clunk heavily on the wooden surface. Although this annoyed Abrahm slightly, he ignored it for the most part. It became more un-enjoyable when the bartender began to wash the individual mugs. This man seemed to care very little for the hygiene of his establishment, as he kept spitting on the floor every time he was done.

Even with the annoyance of the bartender, Abrahm knew that he must respect the man's wanting to make an honest living, regardless of how he acted. Service could have been better, but at least there was something to soften his parched throat.

The songster's attention finally turned back to the man opposite of him and awaited a response.

Teutonic Knight
04-02-06, 10:02 AM
Godfrey enjoyed the music and little magical trick the bard had preformed. And the little tune made him feel happy.

"What am I doing here well I'm just passing through I was a little weary and decided to take a break here. And no theres nothing you can do for me unless if you want to stay here and have a little chat." Godfrey replied while rubbing his scruffy beard.

"By the way the name is Godfrey whats yours if I may ask?" Godfrey said while taking another sip of the almost empty ale tankard.

Godfrey enjoyed the young brads company and liked his music he always liked talking to thoughts that were younger it remined him when he was a kid talking with his father. Godfrey had seemed to think that he had seen this boy before but was unsure it was very easy to get mixed up with all the faces in athlanas.

Godfrey took the last sip of the putried ale and was happy to see that it was gone. He looked up at the young bard.

.While observing the tavern along with the bard he relized as well that the way the bartender took care of the place was no wonder it looked like this but it did work. He had second thoughts about getting another cup of ale but just decided he rather not.

Blue
04-02-06, 10:36 AM
Standing in a fashion he'd been taught long ago, he gave a sweeping bow and strummed his lute gently. A faint melody escaped it's thin chords.

"My name is Abrahm Spiritsong, and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." He rose from his deep bow and stood straight, giving a small grin before seating himself once more. "I am always ready for a chat if there is someone amiable enough to return the favor!" he stated boldly, giving a soft chuckle before running his fingers down the chords a few more times. He was unable to stop himself, and began to play, his attention still focused on Godfrey.

His fingers twitched rhythmically as he continued playing, his love for the music encompassing all else as he let his instincts take over. The melody was unlike most he'd played, but that was to be expected. Abrahm often favored the occasional freestyle so that he could learn new techniques for his future songs. The only problem was that he did not know the correct magical incantations and enchantments that would help him to learn more magical songs. It would come with time, he would tell himself.

Gazing almost longingly onward, the small portion of his pupils that were visible under the drooping eyelids seemed to be glazing over. He blinked a few times to break his trance and looked down at his lute. He began to strum vigorously, his hands working furiously to keep his pace. He ended the song abruptly and looked up with a smile.

"I like that...perhaps I should give it a name. But not now." Abrahm would refrain from distracting his newfound company with his own love of music. The man certainly did not want to hear him play his melodies all day.

"So, my friend, what brings you to these parts? I have been traveling here and there as of late, hoping to perhaps find a place to play and make some money. I'm a-" he cut himself off abruptly and his ears turned a faint red. He looked towards the bartender and checked his pockets to find they were barren. No cold coins jingled in his pockets, only the warm emptiness.

"Er, I'm a bard. Haha, sorry, was distracted for a moment. But yes, I've been traveling for a while now, just hoping to make a living and such. Why do you travel? A man such as yourself seems to have found a purpose in life. Do you seek adventure? Riches? Maybe a maiden or two...?" he asked inquisitively. Abrahm knew he should not have been so questioning to strangers, but if the opportunity perhaps presented itself, he would have liked to learn more about this man. Maybe a story would sprout from his background.

Looking over his shoulder once more as he waited for a response, he took the opportunity to finish the rest of his ale and watch the bartender cautiously. The man looked as if he was just about finishing his cleaning and seemed a bit disgruntled for one reason or another. It became obvious when the minstrel's eyes trailed to the floor and he noticed a smashed glass. The clumsy oaf looked to have dropped one, little to Abrahm's chagrin. He wanted the bartender in the best of moods when he told the man that he was flat broke.

Teutonic Knight
04-02-06, 11:10 AM
Godfrey was amazed by the way Abrahm started playing his lute he liked the music he was playing and then ended it. Godfrey turned towards Abrahm to answer the question.

"Me well I'am over here because I was just looking for an andventure or friend or two. And no maidens for me hahaha....I had enough of them I'am getting to old for them you could say. I had a wife once she became pregnat with my child and then one day during a crusader I was away she left somewhere with my child and I have not seen him in quite some time. All I know is that his name is Aleksandeby the way have you ever heard of anyone by that name?"

Godfrey realized the broken glass and smirked because of the bartenders mistake. Then continued to the story.

"Anyway your a Bard you said that sounds nice." Godfrey replied

Godfrey noticed the expression of the Abrahm face when he reached into his pocket he could tell he had no coins so godfrey reached into his pocket and pulled out some.

"Will you help me find my son?" Godfrey asked holding onto the coins tightly waiting for a response.

Blue
04-02-06, 12:24 PM
Grimacing slightly at the man’s words, Abrahm new well enough that he would not be of much use in trying to rescue his son. Abrahm knew little about the world and even where he grew up, he was by no means prepared for a man- or boy hunt. The bard shifted uncomfortably in his chair as he noticed the coins in the man’s hand. He chewed the inside of his lip tentatively before slowly raising his head to address Godfrey’s question.

"I…I am truly sorry my friend. I have matters that must be tended to that cannot allow me to help you find your son." He knew he was lying through his teeth and he felt terrible for doing so, yet there was much more for him to learn and as such he felt unable to take on such a large task. "I have heard this name once, however…it was a while ago in a land known as Corone. I am not entirely sure of it’s direction from here, but I do know it is relatively close. I’m sure one of the townsfolk would know."

Taking charity was not something Abrahm liked to do. He stood slowly and slid the lute back over his shoulder, his full form showing his slenderness. He looked towards the barkeep and placed the empty mug upon the counter.

"My good man, I’m truly sorry, but I have no coins to pay for the ale you gave me…hence my reasoning for asking for water earlier." The keep’s eye twitched irritably as the drunken fool to Abrahm’s left pulled his attention from the barmaid to watch the struggle that was about to take place. He chuckled stupidly and took a deep gulp of his liquor.

"Boy! Ya best be jestin’, ‘cause I don’t take well ta liars and thieves who steal my ale!" he boomed, throwing a glass he had been cleaning on the ground and listening to it smash. Abrahm flinched with slight surprise as the shards separated and covered the floor behind the counter with a glimmering, razor coat. "So what say ya? Ya gonna ‘and over the gold er not!?"

Abrahm shifted his weight from one foot to the next, waiting for something to happen. When several long seconds passed, he tilted his head down and shook it in a sorrowful no.

"Well then that be too bad! Brutus! Horris! Get in here ya brutes. You bard," there was a slight twinge of poison in his words, "I’d like ya ta meet my boys!"

A loud crash was heard over his shoulder and Abrahm peeked past the bar and the disgruntled owner to see two large figures come stumbling out from behind a wooden archway that he hadn’t even noticed before. It looked to have lead outside, but the bard was having a hard time telling past the two ogres that stood in front of him. They eagerly made their way to the counter as Abrahm was frightened to find that at close proximity the strength of their smell matched that of their physical appearance.

"Woah, woah…gentlemen, can’t I just do some chores or something? Wash some di-" he was interrupted mid-sentence by a grunt, followed by the pounding of one of the ‘boy’s’ on his chest.

"Father don’t believe in dat sorta ‘ting. He believes in da crushing!" howled the slightly smaller of the two. Abrahm raised an eyebrow and backed up slowly, trying not to trip over any of the dust chairs. The men were slowly advancing upon him. The spellsong found himself backed up against the table where Godfrey was and soon was reaching for his rapier.

"Wow…I can see why this place was so deserted…" he whispered hesitantly, waiting to see if these brutes were as dumb as they looked.

Teutonic Knight
04-02-06, 12:54 PM
Dissapointed by Abrahm's answer it still did not stop Godfrey from stepping in on the what was soon to come. Godfrey stood up and steped in front of Abrahm.

"Hault you leave this man be." Godfrey said.
"Stop why should I? He did not pay we will show him why he should have paid." One of the 'boys' said
"If one of us are to die here it will serintently be you." Godfrey replied turning around giving a wink at Abrahm.
"You diee!!!" one of the orges said and swung a fist at Godfrey.

Godfrey ducked under the enourmous fist and drew his sword and hit the orge in the nose with the pommel of his sword giving him a bloody nose.

"Arrrrrggh!" the orge yelled while griping his nose.
"Watchout for the other one!" Godfrey yelled too Abrahm.

The orge now very pissed off at Godfrey swung again at Godfrey only in a downward possion Godfrey with no other choice took the blow and fliped over the table.

"Ugh." Godfrey rose from the ground and brought his sword in a upward possion.
"Fight the bishop for his love!" Cried Godfrey and brought the sword down on the orges forehead smashing the forehead in and knocking his brains out from the back of the ogres head.

Godfrey turned to the direction of Abrahm to see how he was doing.

Blue
04-02-06, 01:57 PM
Watching the events with sudden astonishment, Abrahm quickly wheeled as he noticed the second overgrown brute making a beeline for him. He spun out of the way and unsheathed his rapier in time to hear the table he had been sitting at crash. Debris cluttered the floor and he slit across the dust until he forced himself to stop. Standing and gritting his teeth, he watched as the man wheeled around to stare at him with red, angry eyes.

"Brutus smash you, your bones go CRUNCH!" he bellowed, picking up one of the table legs and swinging it ferociously. Ducking and weaving, it took everything Abrahm had to stop from being dismembered. Soon, wood met steel and the rapier flew from his hands. Diving aside to try and grab for it, he felt a quick burst of wind rush past his left arm. Looking over his shoulder, he noticed the wood was driven into the ground mere inches from him.

Finally grasping his rapier once again, he stood and circled around the beast of a man. He yelled in fury as he rushed towards Abrahm. Oblivious to how Godfrey was handling his part of the battle, Abrahm quickly dove away and spun the rapier, trying to clip the beast across the back of his calves. Brutus found this to be a small hindrance to avoid and was quickly back on the assault.

Abrahm realized there was no way he could possibly match strength with the beast. He was thin and slender, this monstrous human was toned and powerful. No, the only chance he had was to outsmart him. Unfortunately, whilst one is trying to avoid being decapitated by a wooden leg, it is not so easy to concentrate and formulate a plan.

Brutus was stumbling clumsily around like a buffoon as if he could barely keep his footing on a regular surface. Abrahm’s eyebrows perked as a strange thought suddenly crossed his mind. It would be risky, but it was a chance he would have to take. Sliding the rapier back into it’s scabbard with a quick flash of metal, Abrahm began to run circles around the beastly man.

"Hey, you stupid oaf! Look over here! No, here! Over HERE!" as the bard ran in circles, Brutus did his best to try and follow. Too slow and stupid to keep up, the man soon became dizzy and stumbled around, trying not to topple over. Yet Abrahm continued, as did Brutus, trying to catch his elusive prey. Things were going according to plan, yet there was still one more phase to enact.

The soft shink of metal being slid from it’s scabbard could be heard as Abrahm had once again chose to wield his rapier. Breaking from his path around the ogre, which had also left him slightly dazed, the songster tried to keep focused as he ran towards the kegs of beer and the counter. Catapulting himself over the bar and delivered a firm foot to the upper chest of the dirty barkeep.

"Gwarfff!!! Bru- woah, woah!" was all the bartender could muster before falling backwards and knocking a section of the rickety bar down, including the area by which the only patron had been sitting. He was now huddled close to the barmaid, a look of nervous anxiety in his eyes, seeming to hope he didn’t get involved. Grinning lightly, Abrahm looked over his shoulder to see- much to his delight- that the overgrown man was still dizzy.

Pulling his blade back, the bard brought his rapier down hard and fast and cracked the surface of a large keg. Only a small stream poured from it. Grimacing unpleasantly, Abrahm leaned back against the section of bar that was still standing and kicked the lid in, causing all the stale beer to come flowing from it. Soon the floor was covered, and Abrahm found himself struggling to remain stable. He repeated this process on the next two kegs, finding that soon the ale had soaked the floor.

By now, the large man’s confusion had warn off and he was quite angry. Giving a violent roar, he ran forward with his wooden table leg held high in the air. By the time the stupid lug had realized the floor was soaked, it was too late. Losing his balance, the beast fell backwards and crashed loudly onto the floor. Howling in pain, Abrahm gritted his teeth and ran forward. His rapier fell quick, and soon a small puddle of blood stained the ground along with the ale.

Huffing and puffing in exhaustion, Abrahm looked towards Godfrey, who seemed to have had a much easier time downing his foe.

"Well…we…this is not somewhere I wish to linger. We best go before things get out of hand once more."

The bartender was busy weeping over the loss of his sons and was pointing angrily at the two. His lips moved, yet nothing came out. Abrahm felt a twinge of deep remorse for what he had done, but tried to reassure himself that it was only in self defense.

Teutonic Knight
04-02-06, 02:32 PM
Godfrey opened the door and rushed outside he cought his breath and was standing on the road. He looked twoards Abrahm who seemed to breathing heavily.

"Well that was fun. By the way I have something for you." Godfrey said. Godfrey reached into his pocket and pulled out 20 coins.

"Here you are Abrahm this is for you and all that you done thanks for keeping me busy." Godfrey said jutting his hand out to give him the gold.
"You fight well but never go with a low guard keep your knees bent and sword straighter hold it high in the air this is known as guard of the of the hawk." Godfrey said as he was going through the motions of what he was telling him.

Godfrey was glad of this encounter with the young bard and one day may be glad to meet him again. He was always glad to meet somone new and this stranger seemed differnet and may play out more of a roll in his life. But who is to know the world decides the world always decides and with that Godfrey was ready to leave.

"I'am sorry for your troubles friend and may god be with you." And with that Godfrey started to head down the road.

Blue
04-02-06, 03:22 PM
Panting deeply as he stood outside the musty tavern, his clothes were covered in dust and spoiled beer. He listened to Godfrey’s words calmly, but felt his face grow warm when the man handed him the coins.

"Thanks…thank you," he said softly, avoiding eye contact. Lifting his head once more, he gave a small smile and ruffled his hair a bit. He was glad to have learned a bit more about the rapier and knew that this knowledge would come in handy some day. A bit shaky still from what he had just done, he gave a brief wave to Godfrey.

"We will meet again soon, my friend. Good luck to you." His voice was weak, and he knew it would not do well to accept much more charity. He had to find an odd job or at least practice his music until he was able to make a decent living off that. Stretching a bit, the sound of an angry bartender caught his ear once again and he raised an eyebrow, realizing how unsafe his current position was. Turning, he began walking from the small outpost and looked across the deep horizon.

The town was behind him, as was his newest friend, but so much more lay ahead. The light of day was turning to the dark of night, and soon he would need to find shelter so that he could rest. His muscles were weak and exhausted and he realized that even playing the lute seemed slightly unappealing- something that was not common for him. Beginning to trek down the long road, he lifted his lazy eyes to the sun.

It was beautiful. The half-orb shone like a freshly sliced orange, it’s rays casting dancing orange and purple into the lightly-dotted sky. He couldn’t help but smile and nature’s natural beauty. He was unable to help himself and slid his lute to his front and began strumming it gently. Abrahm played a gentle tune, one that fit the mood well.

The events of the song and the hero seemed to unfold before him like a storybook. It was of an older one, a man who perhaps was a bit past his prime but could still swing a mighty blade. His son was lost, but the faith kept the man proud and diligent. One day he would find him, and when he did, joy would be had by all. A man of the cross, this one was, and as such, he deserved this happiness, thought the bard.

Yes, the sky formed the picture for him of Godfrey one day finding his son Aleks. Each one’s happiness paralleled the other and it taught Abrahm a valuable lesson. Things may seem grim occasionally, but he must remember what is most important. He must learn to hold his virtues close and fight for what he wanted.

And what Abrahm wanted was to be a hero one day. Just like Godfrey would one day be a hero to Aleks.

Blue
04-02-06, 03:23 PM
(Ready to be judged- please note that this was meant to be more as an introduction to my character, and not a big, sprawling epic quest. And sorry for the double-post.)

Slayer of the Rot
04-02-06, 07:44 PM
"Aye, the one was a bard," Aeric mumbled, sounding like the spirit had been beaten out of him. The bodies of his sons still lay on the drenched floor, covered over with white sheets, wide red spots standing out prominently on them, a few barmaids mopping furiously at it. A pair of guards, dressed in steel and Underwood's standard, stood across the counter from the tender, who's face was slack, eyes red from the tears. "Wore stained and dirty clothin', like any other trav'ller, come through here. A brown vest, shirt, belt, some pretty loose pants, an' some scuffed ol' boots. Hair real messy, looked like it ha'n't seen a pair a scissors in that longest time. 'E had an old, worn lute, an' a rapier, looked like it been around for ages."

"Threadbare clothes..." muttered one of the guards as his pen scribbled furiously across his notepad, taking down the description. "All right, got it. How about the other one?" Aeric took a deep breath, interrupted by a chortled snort, mucus built up in his throat from the crying. "Other one, looked like some kind o' knight. 'E was an older one, maybe in his forties, long gray hair an' a mug what ain't seen a razor in a few months. Had on one o' them surcoats, black cross on tha front, o'er some iron chainmail, black gloves, boots, the works." The guard continued to mumble to himself as he kept writing, wandering off from Aeric to assess the damage to the bar. "I don'n' unnerstand it...tha kid couldn't pay, so I called fer the boys to toss him, and the knight just came runnin' in, smashed my boy's skull in with 'is sword. Was horrible." The remaining guard gave him a sympathetic pat on the shoulder as he watched the tender blow his nose. "Don't worry Aeric. We'll keep an eye out around Underwood for the two."

_____

Relaxation
Introduction: 6 (Blue gave me the sense of just some wandering bard looking for a place to rest, and Godfrey gave the sense of a weary soldier looking for a bit to drink, and maybe some brief company. Blue did well in introducing a shitty bar, which not a lot of people tend to be able to do.)

Setting: 4 (Just the usual old tavern in Underwood. I'd have suggested the actual Promenade, but it works. While Blue gave a good, flowing description, I seemed to trip across the simplified, stripped down "What I see" from Godfrey.)

Strategy: 7 (You took a different approach to simply stabbing at the bouncer; Blue, you actually put some tactic to it, and considered the condition the floor was in. Good job. However, Teutonic, these bouncers shouldn't have been able to simply be put down by a blow to the nose and a sword to the head. Try to consider the best way to kill the enemy before doing it. What's better; chopping a man in half, or breaking his spine over your knee?)

Writing Style: 4 (The use of the color blue was interesting, Blue, as no one actually had yet, until now, to write entirely in one color other than the standard. For the beginning, the color was suitable, since the atmosphere of the the thread was simple, quiet. However, the color isn't fit so well for battles. Blue inspires feelings of tranquility and peace, which doesn't mesh well with bloody action. Maybe you could try a different approach?

Teutonic, unfortunately, affected this field most of all. Try to slow down, take your time, and read what you're writing, just as you'd say it to someone else. Commas and apostrophes are greatly needed if your stories on Althanas are to be understood and noted.

Also, just like all of us, make sure to
proofread posts. If you don't have Microsoft Word like me, I suggest trying www.spellcheck.net)

Rising Action: 6 (A natural thing to happen, and I was hoping it would happen, instead of just suddenly bringing in some sorcerer that lays waste to the place. Sudden, sporadic introductions in threads tend to be awkward and throw off the flow. Therefore, I liked how not only did you make it a simple and usual conflict, but you made it seem to last as long as it should[I have. It's no good to simply kill your foes in one blow, unless you have ridiculous strength and are a high level. This could have been given a higher score, if Godfrey hadn't killed the one bouncer as quick as you'd blink your eye. Remember, you're only at level 0, which means you're still a novice or at most, average with your sword. Those bouncers would have had at least a few years of experience, and would have given you a little more trouble.)

Dialogue: 4 (The usual type of stuff you'd hear between someone and a musician, but it felt a little forced when Godfrey just simply spilled his life's story. His words seemed automatic and robotic, though that might be because it was hard to break without commas. Try to make it sound as though Godfrey was an actual person. Would you go and give your autobiography to the first person that says hello? Or asks what you're doing? I usually don't.)

Climax: 5 (Killing the tender's two sons and spilling all his stale beer? Man, you guys can be total bastards, but that's not always a bad thing.;) )

Character: 4 (I like a bard whose songs do more than just provide a rythm to dance too. Teutonic's knight though, feels a little too familiar to me, ground previously tred.)

Conclusion: 5 (Blue's last IC post was great. It told me that this day was over, he'd made a new friend, and he at least felt a bit bad for killing those men. Keep writing like that, and you'll do well here. Teutonic, while it's good to give advice, the guard of the hawk may not be the best idea to use with a rapier. Furthermore, the ending of your last post was abrupt and left the reader wondering. Try to add a bit of detail, because every post counts.

Wild Card: 6 (A nice change from the usual brawls and super powered bar fights that break out here. Just two guys meeting by chance and parting after...err...murdering two people.)

Total: 51

Spoils:
Blue gains 520 exp and 20 gold from Teutonic Knight. As Abrahm was leaving, a grateful patron of the tavern handed him a sack of one hundred gold peices, thanking him for the soothing music and the fantastic show.

Teutonic Knight gains 200 exp and loses twenty gold. That same patron had heard Godfrey and Abrahm's conversation, and taking pity on the knight, gives him a map of Corone if he should feel inclined to travel there and search for his son.

As an unfortunate consequence of dealing such damage to Aeric's bar, and killing his two sons, Godfrey and Abrahm are not welcome on sight in Underwood by Aeric or the Guards. They'll be quickly imprisoned if seen by the guards, but will have a chance to escape if seen by Aeric. However, the servers and patrons of Aeric's bar could care less, as they thought the man was a jerk, and the boys had it coming.

Advice:
Blue, I suggest going off to Raiaera and trying out the Istien University, it's a good place to pick up songs. Tuetonic, I suggest going though a few adventures in Scara Brae. You'll pick up a few good tips, and you'll have more of a chance to develop your writing style. I suggest signing up for something from Ran's Adventurer's Board (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=211).

Zieg dil' Tulfried
04-03-06, 11:36 AM
EXP and GP Adjusted!