PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Sighter Tnailog
03-05-14, 02:54 PM
I was asked by Lye to pop back in for some sort of reunion.

I can't say what sort of time I'll have, but I'm interested in perhaps a post or two, maybe a cameo, on whatever is being done for the get-together. Maybe more if the mood strikes, and depending on the mood the thread itself takes.

Just popping in to say hello. Ideas on what sort of form this reunion will take are more than welcome. What is happening around town these days?

Max Dirks
03-05-14, 03:21 PM
For years, Dan Aykroyd wanted to reunite the original Ghostbusters for a short cameo in the new movie to pass the torch to a new generation of Ghostbusters. While Harold Ramis' untimely death makes this nigh impossible, the idea is still sound.

I challenge you to hunt down Ashiakin, Leopold Stevens and Hybrid-Frog. Bring them here and pass the Purifiers onto the next generation of Althanians. For too long have characters like Godhand, Dan Wilmhearst, Madison Freebird, Lye, Abomination and Max Dirks plagued the land with only Sei Orlogue and the Ixian Knights around to merely suppress them. A new generation of Purifiers are needed to purge the land of these unholy scoundrals for good. In other words, bring back more oldbies!

Glad you could stop by!

Ashla
03-05-14, 03:23 PM
Welcome back! :) I hope your stay here is a pleasant one.

As for current events we have some Althanas competitions about and also an upcoming war.

Lye
03-05-14, 03:29 PM
The war is the biggest thing. A cameo in that would certainly be godly.

Aside from that, we have the Gisela coming up in a few months. There are some major canon events about to take place in every single continent. Many plans are being tossed about and many are underway to becoming a glorious crescendo.

Now if you don't have time to get involved in something like that, I'd at least like to point you toward the Vignettes. These are monthly writing prompts to keep you on your toes. Winners get EXP and Gold. Perfect for popping buy, getting your writing fix, and giving some us something to look up to.

The biggest pitch is: What can I do to get you back into Althanas? [/car salesman smile]

Silence Sei
03-05-14, 03:29 PM
I actually agree with Max, Sightr. I would -love- for there to be another Lawful Good PG to counteract the evil/neutural chaotic PGs out there.

As for an actual reunion thread, I guess we'll just all have to talk aboot it, won't we?

Lye
03-05-14, 03:42 PM
If we can get more of the oldbies together I think we should. As far as the premise, we can do some Citadel time travel mash-up. Throw all the oldbies together in settings they recall from times of old and run with it.

Ashla
03-05-14, 03:43 PM
I actually agree with Max, Sightr. I would -love- for there to be another Lawful Good PG to counteract the evil/neutural chaotic PGs out there.

Before the war started, I was actually thinking of making one. xD After the war, I might make one still. I'll just have to see where the war takes my three musketeer characters...

Sighter Tnailog
03-05-14, 03:50 PM
What I suggested to Lye on Facebook was actually having a thread where everyone is attending the funeral of Findelfin ap Fingolfin, missing and presumed dead.

I don't mind being active but running a lawful good PG sounds like a whole hell of a lot of work. And I can promise you that Leopold and Ashiakin won't be back here anytime soon. I don't know how to contact Hybrid-Frog, though I'm sure someone in my network has a contact.

Sighter Tnailog
03-05-14, 03:52 PM
Can someone give me the bullet points on the war?

BlackAndBlueEyes
03-05-14, 03:54 PM
Welcome back, Sighter!

We've recently revived the Althanas podcast, with myself, Witchblade, and Silence Sei as regular hosts. We tweaked the format to be 50% informative and thought-provoking Althanas discussion, 50% funny random bits. Everyone seems to be digging it so far; maybe it'll help you catch up just a little bit as to what's been going on lately. You can find the link to the episodes in my signature, if you wish.

Sighter Tnailog
03-05-14, 03:58 PM
Excellent, glad to see the podcast feature Leopold and I started up didn't go away! I'll check that out.

One other thought -- is there any formal procedure in place to cash in a character and start a new one? I've had a character concept bashing about in my head for some time, but would want zir to start significantly stronger than a level 0. It's a character that would be indelibly tied to Findelfin, and something of a vessel for keeping his soul alive on the earth, but it's not really a concept that would work at level 0. I know we'd had discussions aplenty about how to allow people to do something like this in the past, but I don't know if that's changed or developed since I was last about.

Lye
03-05-14, 04:04 PM
Glad you asked sir! That can happen by reincarnating (http://www.althanas.com/world/faq.php?faq=charmakefaq#faq_retiring) your character and cross over 50% of the original's EXP. I can certainly help you with that.

I'll get you the bullets on the war later today if no one else does. :)

Sighter Tnailog
03-05-14, 04:25 PM
Eh, now that I looked at those rules, I have the sudden urge to hit level 16 and get that other stuff.

So who wants to battle.

Enigmatic Immortal
03-05-14, 04:32 PM
To battle!

Sighter Tnailog
03-05-14, 04:34 PM
You're on! First post, you or I?

EDIT: I'd rather have this battle in Salvar than in the Citadel or somewhere like that. That okay with you?

Lye
03-05-14, 04:34 PM
Fight!

I'm swamped at the moment, but if a thread or two drop off, count me in. I am a bad guy after all. >:}

Enigmatic Immortal
03-05-14, 04:40 PM
Jense cannot die, so there is no fear of death for me. Salvar it is good sir. Take the wheel

Sighter Tnailog
03-05-14, 04:42 PM
I never fear death because death is a fake idea, I'll find some way around it.

Enigmatic Immortal
03-05-14, 04:44 PM
oh...i doubt i could kill you. :D

you an elf?

Ashla
03-05-14, 04:59 PM
About the war:
The PG "Misery Business" has declared war on (my) the country Eiskalt. The "Order of the Crimson Hand" have joined forces with MB and The Ixian Knights have rushed to Eiskalt's aid. No battles have started yet, just one or two starter-up threads ("Darkness Descending", "The Manipulator Game").
I hope that fills you in! :)

Xilium Rupertus
03-05-14, 05:05 PM
I just had a nerdgasm. Good to see you man, welcome back.

Sighter Tnailog
03-05-14, 05:09 PM
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?27110-The-Cottage-by-the-Bluff&p=225758#post225758

Aye, as elfy as they come. Give some thought as to why your character would be hunting down the absent general of Raiaera, who is currently hiding out in Salvar doing...something. ((Hint: he's examining old texts and legends and following rumors in an attempt to locate the Warded Wood in Salvar and discover more about Enarlin magic and why it was driven from Raiaera during the War of the Forbidden Lore.))

Enigmatic Immortal
03-05-14, 05:11 PM
Jensen is racist against elves, so fury is not hard to find, however as a member of the IXian Knights, finding you and determining if you side with the Cult or them will help some motivations. ANy thoughts you have, post em

Sighter Tnailog
03-05-14, 05:18 PM
Do you have info threads available on the Ixians? I tried to layer my posts with some suggestions that Findelfin may not have been as good at hiding as he thinks -- he takes trips outside of the area that people might notice, and his arts of espionage and ensorcelment over his appearance and so forth aren't perfect. Perhaps he was gone too long, once, and his disguise slipped ever so subtly in the wrong place and time, and word is getting out that someone strange is living in the area, someone with better bow skills than would be expected of an aged woodsman, more wealth than normal, etc. Put two and two together...

Or, Jensen might be exploring in general and stumble across this cottage, not looking for a fight. You come in to stay the night and find some sort of personal memento that indicates to you who Findelfin is...a note or a book or something. Findelfin is not an expert at hiding in plain sight.

Lye
03-05-14, 05:21 PM
EI, since you are in that Battle with Lye, you may be able to track him to Slavar for one reason or another. That should give you enough reason to bump into Findelfin. Just liquid time it with how we plan that fight to end.

Just a suggestion since The Order is out of Slavar/Skavian Wilds.

Sighter Tnailog
03-05-14, 05:23 PM
I have developed a new rule which is called I believe in liquid time for everything. Anyone want to have a battle with level one Findelfin? I'm game.

Lye
03-05-14, 05:27 PM
A helpful link for fighting a legend: Profile for Findelfin (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?24257-Exile&highlight=Findelfin)

((Hopefully that one is the most up to date.))

Sighter Tnailog
03-05-14, 05:38 PM
I should probably read that myself.

Enigmatic Immortal
03-05-14, 06:47 PM
Posted with the idea that Jensen was sent by the Ixian Knights to find a great general to assisst with the war in Erskalt. OR whatever the hell the name of that place is....

However after his run in with Lye, and the bad run of people who burned the Ixians on their way out Jensen feels a dark need to test this person before letting them in. Also, because Lye did his headgames Jensen is in a darker mood, so when you show you are indeed an elf, he'll probably just fight you for the sake of cutting loose.

Ashla
03-05-14, 07:33 PM
posted with the idea that jensen was sent by the ixian knights to find a great general to assisst with the war in erskalt. Or whatever the hell the name of that place is....

Eiskalt!

Lye
03-05-14, 07:59 PM
Now, for bullets on the war.

MisBiz's enigmatic owner has declared hostility with Eiskalt to bring about general chaos and occupy the nation for personal gain.
The Order of the Crimson Hand got wind of these happenings and has decided to aide in the chaos for their own reasons. They too would like to reap the benefits of an isolated headquarters equipped with a port.
The Cult of Blessed Torture has also decided to aide in the chaos for personal reasons.
The nation of Eiskalt has attempted to seek aide, thusly the Ixian Knights of Concordia have decided to heed the call. They will be seeking to liberate Eiskalt from oppression.
Steps have already been made by the hostile party to root themselves into the kingdom. This will put them in the position of defense from the Ixian Knights.
Both sides of this war have unstable members which may prove problematic during engagement.
The alliances of MizBiz, The Cult, and The Order are weak at best and all seem to have independent agendas.
At present, The Ixian Knights have numbers, rank, and experience over The Order/MizBiz/Cult.
The Order nearly takes up the entire side of the opposing faction.
Quorums are open.

Sighter Tnailog
03-05-14, 09:16 PM
Brilliant. EI, I have responded.

Hysteria
03-05-14, 09:32 PM
(Belated) Welcome back! I'll look forward to reading some of your stuff.

Torin Reahkari
03-06-14, 04:02 AM
I'm so friggin happy you're back.

Welcome back. :)

Molotov
03-06-14, 10:34 AM
Oh bloody hell, this wanker is back.

(He brought me with him)

Silence Sei
03-06-14, 10:35 AM
Oh shit.

Things just got real.

Zook Murnig
03-06-14, 10:50 AM
Holy shit! Shyam and Madison have returned!

Lye
03-06-14, 11:27 AM
Mission Accomplished.

Welcome Back Molotov/Damon Kaosi! Good to see you decided to stop by afterall.

Enigmatic Immortal
03-06-14, 12:05 PM
Well shit. Damon Kaosi...remember me? I was Zantersuken.

Molotov
03-06-14, 01:07 PM
Well shit. Damon Kaosi...remember me? I was Zantersuken.

I remember you a bit. I think we had a couple good battles in the ToW.

Enigmatic Immortal
03-06-14, 01:29 PM
perhaps. Mostly, you judged a lot of my writing. Kupo! was another account i had.

More relevant, FINDELFIN!

Posted. Regardless, the second you open your mouth Jensen is going to pull his hand back and toss a throwing dagger at you. He is fast enough to do this as one fluid motion even from the weapons resting position. So...feel free to dodge that however you would like.

Shit now that I think about it...Duffy is the only person to ever get hit by my throwing knives.

I mean...I'm legendary skilled with these things, and Talen just kinda...moved left. I need a hobby...