PDA

View Full Version : Round 1-Part Facade/Ice Reaver: Throne room

Solar Haven
03-07-14, 10:40 PM
Begins March the 8th at 12:01 am EST. The fight ends March the 23rd at 12:01 am EST.

This is the Throne room. in order to move to the Entryway one must use the Grand Hallway, unless one can teleport.

Participants:

Eiskalt:
Amber Eyes

BlueGhostofSeaside

black shadow

Hysteria

Devon Steel

Attackers:
Zack Blaze

Lady

Max Dirks

Echo_Naruga

Philomel

Ashla
03-09-14, 05:18 PM
Ashla has joined the Throne Room. Of course, now the party can start! :cool:

Ashla entered the (rather small for a) throne room. Like the halls, the ceiling was curved. A pointed dome was what was left of the ceiling, which was made of wood and was supported with steel beams. Right below, the black metal that was so unique to Eiskalt was crystal clear and reflected every speck of dust in the room. The throne room had no rugs whatsoever, but was flooded with pine tables and chairs from the various meetings King Fulgur II had recently. Even food was still on the tables. Fruit and vegetable bowls and stacks of bread on silver platters were most frequent here. The food had been set very recently, no stenches of rotting fruit or moldy bread came about. The only smell around was the smell of the cold- if cold even had a smell… All the tables and furniture were arranged so messily and randomly throughout the room… The only orderly seat around here was the throne. It was a classic gold chair with rich, red pads. Not recently had Fulgur II sat there…

Ashla sighed as she entered the room, her arms were crossed, she was cross! Whoever messed with her family and country would surely pay for their deeds…

Zack Blaze
03-09-14, 06:43 PM
"A war? What the hell is an Eiksalt?!" Zack asked as his eyes went over the field orders handed to him by Robert Uccisore. The youth had just been told that he was to represent the interests of Misery Business Incorporated ina siege of an island nation just off of Salvar's coast. The street fighter sighed as he looked to his silent superior and waited for an answer from the company's Vice President.

"Eiksalt is your target, that's all you need to know," Robert remained cryptic as ever as he pushed his black shades further up the bridge of his nose. "We have enlisted the aid of several high profile candidates for Misery Business as your allies. They are to prove themselves without knowlege that you will be looking over them. Apparently, they have already established trade negotiations with the country, so there's your in." Zack's eyes continued to scan over the paper as the higher-up talked, his eyes wide when he came across a particular name.

"No frekaing way?! Max Dirks?! Lye's-With-Men?! Jak Roth sounds like the nickname for a kroom I took last week!" Zack exclaimed as he through the papers. The white materials were sent through the air and Robert only stared at the enraged teen as he stood there. "Give me one good reason I should lead the team I've spent so long building up, perfecting to the exact set of skills I need, only to go conquer a place nobody cares about?"

Robert lowered his shades and looked at his subordinate, a devilish smile plastered on his features, "Because the ruling family of Eiskalt is the Icebreakers."

~~~~~~~~~~

Zack lounged on the throne, his legs hung over the arm of the ornate chair while his upper back was slung over the other end. He lazily threw an inivisble ball up and down into the air and caught it with 'precision timing'. The monarchy had left the throne to respond to the 'attack' of the Ixian Knights, do-good heroes that hoped to ruin any plans Misery Business had of taking over the kingdom. Zack sat up as the door fully opened and in walked Ashla Icebreaker.

Ashla and Zack had dueled once before, in a song of fire and ice in which the boys skills proved to be the better vocal. It was the opportunity to once again embarass this lass that had motivated Zack to participate in the war at all. Asla Icebreaker lost physically to the element imbued street fighter, but now he wanted to take both her kingdom and her family away from her. He would bring true misery to the Icebreaker clan.

"well hiya there, Assla" Zack spoke with a smile as his right fist caught fire, "I barely recognized you without the skin melting off of your bones! Hope you don't mind if I have a seat." Zack gestured to the throne and bowed down as if he were accepting a crown upon his head. He slung his fist into the air and sent a large flame through the throne room. The fires burned through the ground like a shark that homed in on a smaller fish, and slammed violently into one of the pine tables. The wood quickly caught fire and heated up the temperature of the room immensely.

"Lets redecorate and see if we can't put you back into that look I love so much!"

Ashla
03-09-14, 06:59 PM
Ashla was angry before, but this had her going...

"Hi there, Z-Shark Bl-ait." She growled, "Funny how we re-met at a time like this." Then her eyes glowed ice blue. "I'll let you know," Ashla coolly spoke, "Things will be different than last time."

She'd met Zack Blaze before, a scrawny street fighter who she had met in the Althanas Leagues. Bad memories resolved around the Leagues and Blaze was included. He had underestimated the Icebreaker and killed her (it was a Citadel fight, so that's why Ashla was here). Ashla loathed him still - and he just made her hate him even more.

Her eyes with still glowing in her rage as she stepped closer to him, drawing her damascus broadsword. "Now get off my freaking cousin's darn throne, you idiot!!" The blade had been drawn in a quick swipe which echoed across the black and now burning room. The food burned with the oak table that had caught fire. The smell of smoke flew around and reminded Ashla of the Leagues... the memories that came by just fueled her. She felt her ancestors around her, forwarding the idea of killing this man who had just insulted her. She blinked once, about to race forward in her childish fashion - then she heard somebody else enter the room.

Echo_Naruga
03-09-14, 11:43 PM
"This war." Echo's mind wanders as he sits on one of the rafters of the throne room, one leg lazily hanging and swaying as he waits. " What is Master Lye's plan for us?"

Echo has been sent into conflict to stave enemy movement and take out any enemy to appear. His preference is to strike from the shadows, not revealing himself until after. Relishing the looks on the victim's faces as their last pictures are of their blood dripping off his cold steel.

Looking down below him he sees the leader of Misery Business, Zack Blaze sitting in the seat of the king. "Its only fitting." Echo lets his mind trail off, "Is ambition the only thing driving you?" Echo is hiding cleanly out of sight from Zack yet he is sure that he knows he is with him, assuming he realizes that Echo is a friend.

Moments later the door flies open and a woman walks into the room, Echo turn to look at her and readjusts how he is perched on the rafter. Keeping in mind to stay hidden from Zack and from this new person. The two below begin to speak to each other and from what he heard it seems that these two had a history.

"Ill just wait to see what happens." Echo thinks as he ponders what his plan is.

Devon Steel
03-10-14, 01:19 AM
"Misery Business.."

The white-haired bruiser growled the name, almost unheard beneath the din of the bar patrons. He had received an invitation to the group by one Mr. Robert Uccisore, months ago. An invitation he had not-so-respectfully declined.

"So you're sure Blaze will be there?"

The question came loaded with hatred so strong it was almost palpable. The simple thought of the blonde-haired member of Misery Business caused him to grind his teeth with rage.

"Of course. He'll probably be leading the assault, considering his nature. So, what do you say?"

Devon leaned forward in his chair, turning his face up to study the blue-eyed woman who had invited him here once again. Kyla Orlouge, daughter of the legendary Sei Orlouge and powerful warrior in her own right, wore a mask of steely resolve as she attempted to solicit his help. She had been hard at work from dusk 'til dawn, meeting with associates from all across Althanas. From sell-swords to honest knights, she rallied them all to her cause. Every last one of them would be needed to defend Eiskalt from Misery Business occupation. Steel was certain he would not be the last person she visited tonight.

A grim smile overtook his face, made all the more foreboding by the flickering candlelight of the inn.

"You already know my answer."

Kyla flashed a smile to rival Devon's own, obviously pleased with her success at enlisting another soldier to her growing army.

"Glad to have you, Devon. I've got work to do, so it's goodbye for now. I'll see you soon."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Devon opened the ornate doorway to the throne room, his black leather boots clicking confidently on the cold floor as he entered. His ice-blue eyes took in an unfamiliar sight. Zack Blaze sat arrogantly in the golden throne, facing Ashla Icebreaker with contempt in his eyes. A fire raged where a pine table had once stood firm, lending heat and light to the cold, black walls of the throne room. Both inhabitants of the grand chamber turned to stare at the newcomer, wondering who would dare interrupt their pathetic banter.

"Hey Zack, it's been a while." He snarled, his lip curling in disgust. "Last I recall, we had some unfinished business."

The last time Devon and Blaze had met, the blonde-haired fighter had left Steel bruised and enraged in the Citadel. Reflecting on the memory of his pitiful defeat at the hands of the scrawny teenager clouded his thoughts with fury. Devon would make sure that this time was very, very different.

He nodded at the young royal whom he had been hired to protect. Then, eager to feel the blonde bastard's pale flesh split under his fists, he rushed at Zack. His right arm cocked back as his boots thumped solidly on the ground, aiming for a powerful punch straight at the presumptuous youth's face.

Devon has joined the Throne Room.

Zack Blaze
03-10-14, 07:12 PM
Zack smiled as a second person entered the room. When the person that entered turned out to be Devon Steel, the smile of the youth grew wider. Steel was somebody Zack had personally wanted in Misery Business ever since the two had fought weeks earlier. Devon had vehemently denied his invitation to the group. Perhaps now was a better opportunity for Zack to show the like-minded brawler just how much his corporation had to offer.

The street fighter ducked as Devon came at him with a fierce punch. The wind whipped through his hair as the chair behind him smashed into several pieces. "Hope that wasn't too expensive, Assla. Seems like it was a very shoddy job. I'd get a refund!"

He snickered as he winked at Devon as if to tell him that Blaze would return the sudden attention the bezerker showed him. Zack sat back up and waved his hand with a smirk. "As for you, Steel, I wi let you play with my jester for a little while so I can cut off the royal lineage. If you'll excuse me..."

From behind and underneath Devon, the floor quickly tore apart. Debris of what was left of the ground hit Zack in light little specks and caused the fighter to cover his pretty features. The 'mole' that had come up was an eight foot ogre, his skin as black as the night yet his teeth as white as a cloud. The ogre wore a loincloth, which highlighted all the scars across his ripped, bare form. The most distinguished piece of clothing the beast wore was a yellow and green jester hat with bells that dangled off the tips.

The creature roared as he raised his fists into the air and tried to bring them down upon the much smaller Devon. Zack disappeared from sight during this brief distraction, only for his form to reappear in front of Ashla Icebreaker. The fire-fisted fighter opened his arms wide and attempted a hug on the girl, which would quickly turn into an electric shock that would leave her temporarily paralyzed if it connected. "Now how about we feed the blaze?"

Ashla
03-10-14, 07:30 PM
Ashla's reaction to anybody but Julius Tabor even laying a finger on her??

"Heck, no! Stay away from me!" Before he could grab her though, Ashla has ducked and slipped away from him. She'd rolled behind him in her elvish agility and quickly spun around. Even while she was getting up again, Ashla was forming a bright blue aurora in her hands. Two doves made of ice formed in the child's palms, one dove each. These doves were lethal, once they hit their target they would explode, sending ice shards everywhere! Alongside that, they would leave the normal damage of Ashla's particle restriction: you would feel so numb you thought you were burning.

One last unique feature of these doves was that that could track the target Ashla send them towards. Even if you could dodge them the first time, you still had to avoid them again... and again... and again... Ashla smirked, there was no way even a swift person such as Zack Shark Bait could dodge these!

"Hey, Z-Shark Bait!" Ashla smirked, "Catch!" And she let the doves loose.

For a moment, Ashla turned, picking her sword up again in the process, to see that Blaze had summoned the orge he had used in their last battle. The man who had come to her aid would face up to that thing alone. It was a relief though, that he wasn't as unlucky to have it as himself against two. Ashla had Blaze. The man who had entered could simply focus on the creature Blaze dragged around... That was, if he wasn't stubborn enough... Ashla knew anger issues when she saw them...

Ashla swiftly turned back to her opponent, her hair flying as her head turned, to see if the doves had hit him yet. She was sure that at least one would have clobbered him like she envisioned. Her eyes were their regular bright blue, but she still felt the flames of her freezing blood within. So this was the man behind it all! So this was the man who attacked her country, threatened her loved ones, and attempted to kill her! Ashla growled as she turned to face him. Surely enough, even if it wasn't by her own hand (although she hoped it would be), Zack Blaze would pay for this.

Zack Blaze
03-10-14, 08:51 PM
Zack Blaze knew two things; if ones opponent dodges, prepare to dodge as well, and if the opponent conjures animals, regardless of what they are conjured out of, escape. When Ashla had formed the birds, Zack was quick to bounce behind one of the tables in preparation. The frozen fowls were flung quickly at the ferocious fighter without hesitation. Zack growled and brought his knee up in front of him, flipping the round table he stood behind as a makeshift shield.

Luckily, the birds had gotten close enough to the youth that they merely slammed into the pine wood without any harm to the boy. Zack laughed as if he had heard the worlds funniest joke when the two 'thud' sounds entered his ears. "Is that all you got, Assla? Dumb nicknames and birds? I expected more fro--"

Zack was taken out of his taunt when the avian assailants exploded, sending splintered wood throughout the room. The street fighter was launched back and slammed into a nearby wall by the force of the explosions. He groaned as his vision realigned itself, and Zack peeled his body out of the warrior-shaped crevice in the wall that Ashla had so graciously made. His head throbbed, and his lips formed into a scowl. There was no way he would allow Ashla Icebreaker to one-up him.

He had no clue where Devon and Makai (the ogre) were with their altercation, but he did not care at the moment. His fists were once more engulfed in the fires of his hatred for the royal. He slung his fists out once more, one flame sent towards Ashla while the other quickly consumed yet another table. Smoke billowed up in the air with blackened plumes that circled the air with nowhere to go. Zack had seen the mysterious figure perched upon the rafters, and figured the stranger would use the smoke as cover to strike his target, whoever it was. As the flames started to migrate from the tables unto the floor, Zack grinned.

"If I don't get you, I'll make sure your own castle does!"

Devon Steel
03-10-14, 10:19 PM
The (apparently fake) golden throne was reduced to kindling by Steel's hit, sending splinters flying in all directions. The moment Zack dodged his easily predictable strike, Devon knew he was in trouble. Blaze's taunt had alerted Devon to an imminent attack, but the fighter with frosty hair never expected what came next. Detritus struck his face and body, bouncing harmlessly off his toned form as an immense black ogre sprung up from the ground, wearing a garish jester's cap. Devon scowled and focused his energy, tensing every muscle in his body when the beast roared. The ogre's white teeth shined brightly below his upraised arms, in stark contrast to the being's skin and the sable walls surrounding them.

Devon raised his hands as the ogre brought its clenched fists down, intercepting the mighty hammer-blow. The beast's monstrous strength forced him to his knees, eliciting a howl of rage from the tan brawler. Steel struggled admirably, fighting to stave off the ogre's ceaseless pressure. With a piercing kiai, he shoved Makai's meaty arms to the side, leaving the ebony ogre wide open to a counterattack. Without raising himself from his knees, Devon torqued his hips with might and main, sending a forceful knuckle-sandwich rocketing at the ogre's stomach.

'He sends a fool to fight me?! I'm going to make you pay for this disgrace, Blaze..' He thought with angry abhorrence at the lack of respect the Misery Business member was showing him.

Ability used - IronSkin - Novice
“My skin has turned to porcelain, to ivory, to steel.” - Sansa Stark
- Devon hardens his skin temporarily(3-5 minutes/start of post used, end of next post.), multiplying his endurance by 2x. This can be used once per thread.

Echo_Naruga
03-10-14, 11:29 PM
In the midst of the action below, Echo had been cleverly trying to decide what his first and hopefully last strike was going to be. The two new comers were being dealt with by Zack and his ogre, though it was starting to look like the enemy is holding their own. The young girl trying with all her might to take down Zack, and the man fighting the ogre. "I can't wait anymore!" Echo decides as the smoke billowing up makes a perfect cover for him to move.

Echo leaps off the rafter he had been perched on, and onto the next. Now literally running from rafter to rafter to get positioned right overhead of the girl. The smoke covering his movements from the eyes of the enemy, though his unique eyes allows him to almost see them clearly. "The Ogre is too large of an obstacle to get around, and this girl is distracted avoiding Zack's blows. Ill try to make this quick." he thinks as he get in place.

Not one to use his blade first, rather he reaches into his ninja pouch and grabs four shuriken between his fingers. Staring down threw the smoke to the girl below Echo sees she has yet to detect him above her. With one swipe of his hand all four of his shuriken fly out of his fingers. The shuriken rotating at high speeds soar towards her cutting threw the smoke as the go.

As they break through the smoke and become visible to the people below, Echo draws his blade and drops off his perch. Falling only seconds behind his projectiles Echo angles his blade to impale deep into the young girl's shoulder when he lands as a precaution if she avoids his shuriken.

Ashla
03-11-14, 08:53 AM
The doves had marked the table, and Blaze started throwing yet another insult at her. However, within that moment Ashla could only smirk, Wait for it...

BANG!

The combination of the two doves sent an explosion more powerful than even Ashla had imagined. it sent Blaze flying up against the wall, seconds later peeling off like the skin of a potato. Now it was Ashla's turn to laugh, "Is that all you got, Zhark Bait? Crude nicknames and ruining my walls? I expected more fro-" The hadn't paid any attention to her but simply looked up. Ashla was alerted by the way he glanced up, like he was depending on something... There's someone else behind me! Only second later did she heard the whispering of knives behind her. Ashla immediately applied her Frost Armor. The knives only impaled a sheet of hardcore ice that had formed around her. Th moment after, Ashla undid her frost armor... just to see that Blaze had thrown a flame ball at her.

Stop, drop, and roll.

Immediately after she dodged that one she stood up again. Just as she stood she felt something collide with the armor that covered her shoulder. She glanced over to see that yet another knife had impaled her left steel shoulder plates, leaving a dent in it. She lifted her shoulder in instinctive reaction to anything hitting her at all. I'll have to be careful... She took up one of the awkward blades and turned around, thrusting it back to the smoke and hopefully towards the hidden attacker. Only second after she did so, another kind of injury overtook her...

*Cough, cough!* The smoke from Blaze's fireballs had gathered all around the room by now, the fireball that had been intended for her had hit yet another table and the smoke was high above the ground. Ashla grasped her upper chest then started hitting it with her knuckles, it was getting harder to breathe by the second. She blinked, trying to find another attack through the smoke, but she had lost track of both of her opponents! Suddenly, she was at the disadvantage.

Echo_Naruga
03-11-14, 09:40 AM
Echo couldn't believe what he had just seen, this girl had just avoided Zack's flames and even more impressive, his own silent strikes. "My eyes must be playing tricks on me or did she just...." he replays this over and over in his head. Now the room is covered in smoke from the burning tables, now it would be comfortable for him to be on the ground and attack in close combat.

He descends to the ground behind this girl who had thwarted them just seconds before. With the cover of smoke Echo used his couple seconds look for any weak spots in he armor. Deciding to play around with her letting his increased speed determine how this ends. He arches his back and lunges forward into a full sprint directly behind her, never making a sound even as he is having to avoid the dinning area between them. Echo leans down to grab his short katana that she had carelessly thrown back, "I only have one chance!"He thinks as he draws dangerously closed to her.

Not only seconds before he would hit her, he sees a small opening in her armor. "There her neck isn't covered!" his opening was clear and his intent set in stone. As Echo had reached her covered by the smoke an movement muffled, he continues past her but had his blade angled to cut an inch and a half into her neck and rip along as he ran. Making it well past her Echo now stands next to the leader of MizBiz and waits to see what his plan is for them.

Ashla
03-11-14, 10:18 AM
After evading the triple attack - Well... actually that would be evading a double attack since the last dodge was simply out of luck, not planning...

After evading the double attack, Ashla was beginning to exhaust. So far, she had barely made it without a scratch. Hopefully, her luck wouldn't change anytime soon. However, it seemed as if her luck had finally begun to empathize with her opponents... Ashla bent down in instinctive response to another coughing fit. In that moment, without any warning, a mysterious figure zipped by her. As he sped past, silent as a mouse, the warrior left a parting gift behind. A cut was left embedded in Ashla's cheek, a deep one.

The cough from the fumes of the fire and the cry from the pain in her cheek came out at the exact same time. The sound that came out of her mouth was so weird; it was like a monkey choking on a banana peel… Ashla grasped her right cheek as it bled. Much blood fell to the floor from her wounded cheek. Ashla blinked hard, trying not to get carried away with the pain… Her enemies still lurked around.

Ashla knew that she would only be wounded more at this level. She looked beyond one of the flaming tables to see the closed door to the hallway. Ashla blinked, sweat dripping from her forehead, her instincts were screaming at her to race out, to retreat, to let her enemies win…

However, Ashla would not leave this room until Blaze was dead. She would not bow out just yet. However, Ashla had to get out of this area at least, she was practically a sitting duck! So Ashla fled. She undid the long, black shawl on her belt so she could run faster. Leaping over a turned over table with ease, Ashla raced to the door. Ashla planned on skidding to a halt at the door, then turning back to see if any enemies would have followed her. This area of the room was a tad bit clearer than the rest, but smoke still swirled everywhere none the less, and the smell of the toxic fog caused Ashla to cough up again. Ashla didn’t plan on escaping, but she knew that the door was always there if needed.

Once Ashla made it to the door, Ashla’s human side decided to do it again… She tripped over her own legs! *Plop.* She fell face first onto the black floor, blood still seeping from her cut cheek. Ashla growled, being a half-blood could be so annoying at times…

She got up again, doing as she planned in turning around to see if her enemies followed her. Good chance was, Zack Blaze most likely did.

Zack Blaze
03-11-14, 03:15 PM
As the smoke circled the room like a blackened buzzard overhead, Zack removed his jacket. He wrapped the sleeve of the leather cloth around the front of his face to cover nostrils and his mouth. Ashla began to run away from both Zack and his new partner as they tried to move her into an optimal position for death. He growled as he shifted his eyes at her, the green spheres never once left from the ground floor of the throne room.

"Not sure how she saw him," Zack mumbled to himself, "but at least now we can get rid of her quicker." The youth looked around as the rooms intense heat caused dozens of sweat beads to seep out of the boy's pores. It would soon be too hot for even Zack to survive, so he knew that he had to finish this fight, as well as the one with Devon, as quick as possible.

He looked behind him, back towards the throne so he could keep track of his iron skinned rival. Devon seemed pretty occupied with Makai, but the magic required to keep the ogre around would soon wane. "Jester! It's time for you to go, I have no more need of your service!"

"I'm going to kill you one day, Blaze," the ogre wheezed as Devon's fist slammed hard into his stomach, "You're starting to ... let this partnership go to your head." His voice sounded as if he had brushed his tongue with sandpaper, and gurgled small rocks behind it; a voice that commanded intimidation and fear. The beast fell to his knees as he hacked and coughed like a cat with a hairball.

"Yeah yeah. Just get out of here while you can," Zack waved off his servant as the ogre doubled over and fell down into his rabbit hole. If Devon wanted Zack Blaze, he had the perfect opportunity to come at him now that the beast had vanished. Zack grinned at the vague form of the fighter, his vision impaired by the smoke that was now at eye level. He raised a hand and waved for his rival to come towards him, a hope that the fellow warrior could see it (he was below the smoke at this point, whereas Zack's wave was at the boy's midsection) and think the taunt a trap.

He turned to Ashla once more, just in time to see the clumsy girl fall down and hop back up. She had stopped just short of the door, which told Zack that she wanted him there. A smile crept across the blonde man's face as he once again disappeared. He appeared as quiet as a mouse behind the girl and tried to deliver a punch with his left hand to the back of her neck. If this blow connected, it would leave a 'mark' of sorts on Ashla's form. Before Zack's brain could register whether or not he had made contact, he squeezed his fist tighter, and activated his Gravity Crush ability.

Gravity Crush would instantaneously squeeze as hard as it could on wherever the target had been marked. In this case, Ashla's neck would feel as though a boa constrictor had just tightened around her form at an exponential rate. The boy hoped to at least floor the girl so he could leave her in what would soon remain of her throne room. He wanted her to die with the knowledge that he took part of her family's castle from her as well.

Ashla
03-11-14, 05:42 PM
Ashla had fallen for the same trick twice.

The first move Blaze had made last time was the dash behind her and grab her throat. This time, he punched it. Ashla acted with the knowledge that another attack may come and raised her Frost Armor up. Seconds later, the thick armor began to crack. Ashla had raised the armor for an average attack, but an extremely hard one was a surprise. Ashla thickened the ice coatings that made up her frost armor, knowing that this would be the last time, but being too tired to think about it for long. Thus, the suit of protection was now stronger than before... Yet the ice still cracked.

Ashla couldn't believe this! Whatever Blaze was doing, was it really this powerful? Ashla could not tell where he was, as her back had been turned to him when she activated the armor; however, a plan on how to throw him off appeared in her head. If she could form an ice sickle and have it reach far enough to at least give him a scratch, he probably would react by letting go. But what if she couldn't reach him? No. Ashla made up her mind, It's too risky...

Thus, she could only hope that the armor would hold. The attack was around her throat, the ice itself tightened around her throat and cracked in the frustration. No! Ashla began to panic, This isn't possible!

Ashla had believed that all this time, she had been growing stronger. Once she found out who she truly was, she was sure that her powers were growing. She'd trained under the supervision of Adam Icebreaker, the founder of the Icebreaker family, himself. She had learned new powers, she had heightened her skills in the abilities she already had. She had found love, Julius Tabor had always convinced her to keep on going, even when it was hard; the girl had flourished on that. She had found family, Fulgur II, despite his usually cold nature, had always respected her as his older cousin and had always looked to her for advice. She had finally found herself; she was an Icebreaker! She was strong and fearless, but was still generous and noble. She was a survivor of her cursed generations, she was the one who had been chosen by her ancestors to be able to learn the special Spirit Abilities of her family. Only a little bit longer, and the Icebreaker Blade would be in her hands.

She was part elf, she had the physical gifts of her mother and was nimble and swift in combat. She was the daughter of two great warriors. Despite their sins, they were still powerful warriors who had devoted their lives to their country. Even more, they would had put that devotion aside just for that small, brunette baby who had happened to be marked as unplanned, unimportant, and traitor for simply being born to them. They were willing to cast aside everything for her. The Nixstella necklace around Ashla's neck was a parting gift from her elvish mother to just let her know that she was loved. Afterwards, her father tried the best he could for the rest of his life to take care of this little girl. After he died of some kind of illness, her uncle took her in. He had cared for as she grew up, even though no one else did. Then he died when this girl was a rebellious teenager. Then the girl was on her own... For only a short while. She had met people, friend and foe alike, who had helped her grow without the love of family. She had brought herself up, becoming stronger and stronger with every inch, and she had made it out alive. She had finally figured out who she was after wandering aimlessly around the world to find it. Ashla Rose Icebreaker, that girl, had made it up to here, she had always believed in herself and kept on pushing forwards, never giving up even in her last breath...

... Had all that time been a waste?

This had been going on for a while now. The ice had cooled Ashla down of the intense heat outside of this, but for how long would the Frost Armor remain? A second? An hour? Ashla could only wait, hoping that her ultimate defense would not give out on her just yet.

If you like, you can briefly bunny and say that the ice broke.

Amber Eyes
03-11-14, 09:36 PM
The chaos of the room forced Kyla to pause. Smoke filled the space and only silhouettes met her eyes. Two figures stood nearby, and it seemed there were more in the room. The Mystic could not tell friend from foe. It was a dangerous situation, but the laughter still reverberated in her mind. Zack Blaze would die at the tip of her blade and the world would be free of the pompous twit once and for all.

All great warriors need a rival, someone to push them to strengthen themselves. Fight Better. Move Faster. Hit Harder. If Zack Blaze thought he was good enough to fill that role, Kyla would prove him wrong today. This would be the last time he stood between her and her goals. If she could only find him.

The girl crept around the wall in an attempt to stay hidden. Sounds of battle filled the air, a parried sword, armor breaking. Her foot hit something hard and the Daughter of the Dragon reached down to see what stood in her way. Her hand hit burning wood and an Idea sprang to mind as she pulled away. She stepped on top of the half table and centered herself.

As she rose into the air on her makeshift elevator, Kyla kept her eyes focused on the smoke below. From her vantage point she was able to make out the figures in the smoke. Devon Steel stood near the remains of the throne. A strange man, no doubt a lackey of Blaze's, stood nearby. Sweet Ashla stood near the door, her cheek bloodied. This image sent fury through Kyla's bones which only grew when she laid eyes on him. Zack Blaze was in her line of sight.

From atop her floating fiery furnishing the Mystic let out a yell. "Are we picking on princesses now Blaze? Does beating up young girls make you feel tough?" A laugh left her lips as his head turned upward.

"Shall we finish this then? Winner takes Eiskalt, loser--" Kyla paused. "Well, they die."

With a flick of her wrist a blue orb appeared amidst the smoke to Zack's rear. It was a light explosive, nothing too disastrous. If the boy wasn't quick though, it would all end now.

Echo_Naruga
03-11-14, 10:08 PM
So much happening so quickly, first Echo's strike missing target only by shear miracle. The Monstrous ogre that had been keeping the iron skinned fighter occupied had now disappeared. Zack attempting to finish of the ice user, and another figure un familiar to Echo enters the room. The figure appears to be an older woman, and from the looks of her she seems to be battle ready.

"So another ones here to join us." he thinks as the smoke is beginning to get to him as well. Using his free hand Echo pulls up the collar of his shirt over his mouth, trying to filtering the air. His breathing had become more scattered, and even though is gives decent coverage it is a bother over a benefit. "This is all starting to become a pain." Echo speaks out to Zack across the room from him.

" You see her right?" Echo motions to the new fighter standing on one of the tables. Hoping that Zack noticed her and was ready to make a move if needed.

Not slipping his mind is one of the enemies pawns behind him, Echo looks over his shoulder to locate the Iron skinned warrior. Only taking a second he sees him standing waiting to see if the ogre might make a return or not. " You will be a problem if more people come. I think its about time I take this pawn." Echo says aloud for his friend to hear. But more than communication between allies he said it aloud to give himself confidence.

When this man came in he had displayed a power of harden his skin and presumably increase his strike force. He plays to all of his own weaknesses, and it will be very tasking to hurt him if he hardens his skin. Regardless he had to do something, not only to show his strength to the leader of MizBiz but to prove to himself he can do it. Turning to face the man Echo slowly raises his sword, pointing at his head with it. " Ready?" he says to the man as his stare dead into the mans eyes.

His Long black hair he been concealed tied up on his head, though now half is loose on his face. With his free hand he gently moves them out of his face and lowers his sword hand to his side. And without getting an answer Echo rushes to him his arm behind him seeming to be hiding an ace in the whole.

Devon Steel
03-12-14, 12:07 AM
Devon coughed, his head on a swivel. His hand lay over his mouth, a shield from the stinging, burning smoke. He had been waiting, biding his time until an opportune moment to strike at Zack presented itself. He bared his teeth behind his palm when the arrogant fighter taunted him beneath the smokescreen, but as he was about to rush, the blonde bastard disappeared. In his place stood a man with long black hair, brandishing a sword through the smoke in Devon's direction.

Their eyes met, and with locked gazes, the man asked Steel a single question.

"Ready?"

The white-haired fighter smiled, a wicked smirk that split his features in a display of gruesome anticipation. He had been planning on venting all of his pent-up rage and hatred on Zack Blaze's vulnerable face, but this man's would serve just as well. Steel popped his knuckles, the bubbles in the joints bursting with a noise like a firecracker. He nodded, and the shinobi dashed at him, his sword trailing slightly behind him.

Devon responded in kind, his legs pumping furiously in a desperate bid to gain momentum. The smoke parted where the two charged, creating an empty trail of air like a ship's wake. The tan brawler planted his foot solidly, five feet of thick smog providing a fragile barrier between them. Then, with a practiced motion, he pivoted on his rear foot and cocked his right fist back. The black man closed the rest of the distance with unnatural speed, and Devon let loose his wrath-filled hook, hoping to catch the long-haired ninja with demonic eyes square in the chin.

Iron Skin ended.

Echo_Naruga
03-12-14, 12:50 AM
Echo begins narrowing in on his opponent who in turn had begun to sprint towards him as well. The black smoke thickens and clearly begins to strain Echo's Sentetsu, his demon eyes. His unique eyes enhance his vision beyond that of a regular adventurer, they enable him to study the picture that is perceived quicker and more effectively. This has saved his life many times before as he can react faster to enemies than the next guy.

" He's coming, and his skin has returned to normal. This might be the opening I need to take him down." Echo thinks as they draw dangerously close to clashing. " He fights with his fists, I'll need to stay away from his hands."

Only feet away now Echo foe stops to strike him with all his momentum, he pivots on his foot and brings his arm down hard with almost perfect timing to hit Echo straight in the jaw. To any regular man this would be a deadly strike possibly strong enough to snap his neck if it were to connect.

"There!" Echo screams as he first sees his opponent start his attack. " He's going for a right hook." he deciphers as he sees his right arm pull back. Instantaneously Echo responds at the last possible second by leaning down and to the left avoiding his fist. Now only inches behind the man, echo turns around swiftly to lunge his blade aiming for back side oh his opponents lung. As if planned from the moment he had locked eyes with his opponent, Echo had determined he had to dispose of him with a single strike.

"Knight take pawn." Echo whispers solemnly to himself.

If his blade is to taste the blood of his enemy it would be over for his foe.

Hysteria
03-12-14, 07:14 AM
Enter Talen via teleport (sukkas)
A flash of darkness and Talen was standing in the throne room. It was far worse than he had expected, smoke and and fire and a conspicuously large hole in the middle of the room. The smoke was of little concern to the youth, his eyes scanning through the obscuring smoke with easy to find those in the room. The sight of Kyla caused Talen to sigh in relief. The fact that she was challenging Zack Blaze however caused a sharp inhale. Like always he bit his tongue, he would not suffer Kyla the indigence of her judgement being questioned in front of others. It was only the prone form of Ashla that the youth missed, a rookie mistake.

For now Talen had to focus on other matters. He dropped to a crouch to escape the majority of the smoke. He could see through it easy enough, but he was not immune to its choking grasp. He would keep one eye on Zach and Kyla, and the other on the other person in the room he didn't know. The thug Devon was clashing with a ninja, but one that the youth didn't recognise. The decision was made for him, by removing other opponents it would be easier to take out the leaders.

Talen moved like a blur, his legs bursting forwards as he nearly shot towards Echo. The youth's arms flashed with the burst of speed, covered by the dark metal claws from shoulder to clawed finger tips. The youth closed in on the ninja, reaching within ten metres of his mark his right hand shot forwards. The palm of his hand was turned upwards, his fingers pointed slightly upwards. It was an attack focused on someone's side. Through the soft flesh of the waist, up slightly below the ribs and into the kidneys. It wasn't pretty, but it was deadly. A normal person would have had to get within striking distance to attack, but Talen was far from normal. His hand dematerialised as he thrust, reappearing beside Echo and shooting towards his side. The attack would be quick, in and out before returning to the end of his arm.

Zack Blaze
03-12-14, 07:37 AM
Looks like the party is getting bigger and bigger.

Zack heard Kyla's words, but chose instead to ignore the Mystic for now. He turned and saw a flash of blue out of the corner of his eyes. Gsaping, Zack looked back towards Ashla and made a last second decision. He could take whatever blow the blue orb was about to unleash upon him, or he could attack one of his rage sources. He growled and jumped forward with his hands extended. His body fell out of the smoke cloud and reached for Ashla's body. While her armor seemed to be on level with Zack's own strong abilities some how, he knew that even something minor from Kyla Orlouge would possibly end the brat.

His tried to grip Ashla's hips and toss her towards the blue orb, his hope was that whatever damage was meant for him would instead be focused upon Ashla. "Is this how you treat your allies, Orlouge? Collateral damage just to sate your own selfish rage? I thought you Mystics were above all that, I guess not!"

He snickered as his body hit the ground with a thud, and he heard the explosion go off. He did not have time to see if his really powerful shove actually moved Ashla or not. He doubted it; somehow the girl seemed to be absolutely immune to almost everything all the time. It was something that really really pissed the street fighter off.

((I'll edit this later, right now, work time, and the move has been done.))

Ashla
03-12-14, 08:17 AM
Suddenly, the cracking stopped. Ashla was about the undo her Frost Armor when she felt something outside shake her. She kept it up for several more moments, hoping that whatever happened wasn't that serious. Thankfully, Ashla undid her armor to see that she was completely unharmed. She opened her eyes to see that Blaze was lying in front of her with a snicker on his face. Ashla briefly looked behind her to see that another explosion had set off. Was it a new ally? Then Ashla looked up...

There stood a familiar site which caused Ashla to beam. Kyla Orlouge stood on a... floating table? She was at least higher than everybody else. Ashla realized that maybe, it had been the new leader of the Ixian Knights who had set the recent explosion off. Ashla smirked, at last somebody would be able to help again Mr. Zark Bait. "Great timing, Kyla!" Ashla called, "While he's still down let's hit him with something else, shall we?"

Ashla's recent moment of insecurity had vanished. Now she had an ally to help her, and her Frost Armor had held. She blinked through the thick smoke as her smirk stayed where it was, a bit of the old Ashla, a carefree Fallien wanderer who happened to have joined the Althanas Leagues, appearing in her shining eyes again. As she said the last words, words that the Orlouge had hopefully heard alright, Ashla formed a Crystalline Spear in her hands. A blue light beamed through the smog as the ice formed in her palm and expanded into a messy spear. The spear was the strength of steel; if it hit Blaze, the damage of any regular spear and her Particle Restriction would take hold. Particle Restriction was the first Icebreaker ability Ashla had learned. Particle Restriction, at it's strongest could form a thin layer of ice over a small area. At the average and weakest, it would numb someone so much they thought they were burning.

Hopefully, Kyla would have heard her and was also planning an attack. If they worked together, Ashla hoped that they would be able to send this wretch down to his grave forever. Meanwhile, Ashla had already thrust the spear towards their opponent.

Devon Steel
03-12-14, 11:19 AM
'Shit!' Devon thought, anticipating the ninja's retaliation.

The dark-haired shinobi had evaded his attack cleanly, killing intent evident in his demonic eyes. Devon knew that he was screwed if he didn't act fast, as the ninja had shown speed that most men would be hard-pressed to mimic. Steel twisted his body to the right, hoping to see any counterattack coming and respond as the green-eyed ninja had, but he was too late. The blade had been aiming to pierce his lung, but Devon's turn had saved his vital organs from the shinobi's iron bite. Instead, the small katana's tip dug into the flesh and muscle covering his ribs, then sliced cleanly outward. The white-haired brawler's bones deflected the blade from scoring a lethal blow, but it still traced a line of fire across his abdomen, enraging the already-furious fighter further.

Scarlet filled his vision, clouding his sight and making the smokescreen effect worse. But Devon cared little, focused solely on ending the emerald-eyed shinobi's pitiful life. His mind raced, searching for his next attack, hoping to hit the taller man before he could strike again. Then, an answer to his internal dilemma appeared. A shadowy claw materialized next to the ninja, preparing to gut him. Devon eyes widened in sadistic pleasure, his vicious smile once again stretching across his tan face. With his enemy's possible destruction at hand, Steel decided he only needed to help the process along.

His right hand shot out through the smokescreen at the black-haired man's throat, like a viper executing it's prey. The blaze of pain spreading across his chest was forgotten momentarily, all his attention concentrated on his target. He hoped to immobilize the shinobi by grasping his unprotected neck, to ensure that Talen's claw would meet it's mark.

"Rook takes Knight.." He growled almost inaudibly, his face contorted by pure ire for the tall ninja who dared to try and end Devon Steel.

Skill Activated - Hemophobia: At the sight of his own blood, Devon will enter a berserker rage, attempting to obliterate whatever injured him. While in this state, he is impossible to communicate with and fights with the fullest extent of his abilities.

Echo_Naruga
03-12-14, 03:19 PM
"No good!" Echo cries as his blade only cuts into the mans chest instead of plunging into his lung. His blade sliced threw his skin like butter an causing bleeding almost immediately. Not a deadly blow but definitely one to scar him in the future, and hopefully leaving behind a memory of the man who had done it.

Suddenly Echo's eyes catch a blur moving extremely fast towards him, and that is it, even his eyes cannot determine what exactly it is. Instinct and reflex takes control over him as he preps to lunge backward to avoid whatever is approaching him. His blade ripped from the mans chest and now pointing in the direction of the shadow coming forth, and Echo disregarding the man he had just slashed. A grave mistake on his behalf, as the man recovers faster than anticipated and shoots a hand up and grabs Echo by the throat. Caught completely off guard Echo is over come by his grasp, all the wile a dark shadowy claw manifests in front of him with full intent to gut him alive.

With almost no time to react, Echo's free hand shoots up grabbing the mans arm as it firmly grips his neck. More than trying to choke Echo the man is clearly staling for the ghostly claw to cleave threw him effectively removing him from the equation. " Is this going to be the end for me? All the years I spent training, and running for my life from my own family. All for not." Echo's mind scattered with memories, almost seeing his life flash before his eyes. Every moment of joy and sorrow, peace and pain everything at once. "I cant let it end like this, not this early I still have so much to do." All his past memories giving him the strength to continue.

Compelled to keep fighting, Echo firms his grip on the slightly shorter man with his hand and tosses his katana aside to use his other hand to grab the mans shoulder. Being slightly taller than him gives Echo an advantage with leverage over him and with one final struggle he leans back with all he has. Either the hold around his neck would be broken leaving him out of the way of the claw slightly, or even better dragging his opponent in the way of the claw and hopefully ending him in turn.

"C'mon" he yells out as he just barley moves, to avoid the fatal strike of the claw.

Zack Blaze
03-12-14, 05:08 PM
Zack scrambled to his feet once he realized pushing Ashla was apparently akin to pushing a brick wall. How could this one feeble girl, so much weaker than Zack before, have become an inpregnable tank now? It made no sense how ashla became so overpowered and godlike. Luckily, Zack's ability to stand prevented him from a skewered fate courtesy of the girl. "Always needing help from someone else. Guess I shouldn't expect any more of you Assla. I'm going to find an opponent worthy of my time..."

It was at this time that Zack heard the sound of chaos from Devon's previous location. Zack kneeled and looked to where the mighty throne once stood, only to find Talen Shadowalker of all people prepared to deliver a decisive blow to the teens ally as well as to Devon Steel. Zack growled, his blood boiled over much more than it had against the teenage wannabe. Talen came in and did not focus his attention on the fiery fighter? Zack broke out into a full on run, his body barely under the smoke that threatened to take the entire arena of combatants out.

He hacked and wheezed, but hoped the sounds of the fires roar had drowned out his telegraphed attack. Zack jumped into the air with the speed of a gazelle as his hand reached down and tried to touch Talen's shoulder with his left hand as he flew over the shorter man's head. He landed on his feet and quickly touched the mysterious ninja who had aided him with his free right hand. "I owe you one, so now we're even!"

With that, the ninja was gone, Zack's teleport stone used to transport the ally into the hallway outside, away from the smoke. Zack Blaze was not a man who often felt indebited, so this small gesture was a token of his appreciation for the help. Zack then used his right hand to throw a punch in Devon's face. If that blow connected, the boy would simultaneously activate his last two Gravity Crush techniques on Talen's shoulder and Devon's face. It was a huge gamble, but it had the potential to cripple two of the Ixians strongest fighters. He had not seen if Talen's claw had found its mark, but Zack was sure of one thing.

If anybody would end the life of Devon Steel in this castle, it would be Zack Blaze.

((I was given permission by Echo to teleport him out into Grand Hallway. Now go get us some help!))

Amber Eyes
03-12-14, 09:46 PM
Kyla watched the scene from her perch as she looked for her opportunity to strike. Ashla's plea quickly sent Zack running and the Mystic gave a smile. Was Zack Blaze truly scared of her? His movements across the arena were quick and soon he disappeared into the flames with the would-be murderer of Devon Steel.

The girl was hardened enough to know this wasn't over, though at first glance it seemed the battle might be won. Only Ashla, Talen and the incredibly useful new addition remained. "We've won the round folks. Expect reinforcements!" Her eyes settled on the ever-lovable Ashla Icebreaker and a motherly instinct rose inside her.

Her throat was on fire now, probably due to the intense smoke. An attempt to clear it instead brought on a fit of coughing. Kyla jumped down from her safe haven and hit her knees as she choked. The Mystic quickly pulled out her canteen and twisted the top. She poured the cool liquid into her mouth and the cool water calmed her burning throat. Her head began to pound as she finally found her breath and stood as she replaced her water in a side pocket. The girl pulled her undershirt over her mouth in hopes of limiting smoke inhalation. She turned to a large window near the ceiling and focused her energy on the hinges until the window went flying outward with a thunderous boom. Smoke began to file out of the room the temperature began to drop.

The moment she could see, Zack appeared. Talen and Devon could handle the brawler so Kyla headed the opposite direction, straight for Ashla. The girl was dizzy and her head was pounding, but she fought her way forward through the smoke. When she could see the girl she closed her eyes in an effort to concentrate through her own failing body. If it worked, Ashla would be as good as new in moments, her minor injuries healed.

Hysteria
03-13-14, 07:28 AM
Talen ripped his hand backwards before it could impale Devon. The disembodied limb returned to the end of Talen's arm where it belonged. There were bigger problems caused Talen to skid to a stop in his tracks as Zack Blaze rushed passed. The youth had felt the man tap his shoulder, the ominous sign not lost on the youth. The ninja disappeared, and Zack engaged whatever magic he had imparted on Talen. His arm started to constrict, as if his armour was being sqeezed by an invisible snake. Talen turned his eyes towards Zack, he wasn't impressed with the streetfighter's magic. With a puff Talen's gauntlets disappeared, taking with it the shoulder guard that had been marked by Blaze.

The youth didn't move, his body was relaxed as he stared at Zack. Talen didn't hate the man, Blaze had not done much to warrant that level of effort. The war came close, but attacking innocences wasn't something that got the youth worked up. What this did offer however as a chance to score one up against the brawler. Darkness twisted into existence in the air around the youth, turning the thick smoke even more obscuring. As the youth watched his target he thrust his hips forwards.

In front of Zack materialised Talen's testicles, slapping forwards towards the brawler’s head before disappearing back to their normal position back in the dark youth's pants. Talen crossed his arms, and smiled.

“Eldrich t-bag you prick.”

Ashla
03-14-14, 07:59 AM
I might re-write this one... I'm not sure...

The fire seemed to be quieting down now. The heights of the flames were decreasing and many of the inflamed tables had been reduced to ashes. Now, black silt had collected all over Ashla’s body. Streaks of black smudged her other cheek – the one that was not wounded like it was. However, Ashla was due yet another surprise when her cut cheek started to heal at miraculous speeds! What is this? Ashla questioned as her right cheek had healed to the rate of which it seemed as if it never had been cut before. Ashla then noticed that through the white ashes flying around like the snow of this very country, Kyla was racing towards her. Ashla smiled as her friend skidded to a halt right up next to her. “Thanks, I needed that.” Ashla’s voice gave away enough, alongside her already weary eyes: she was reaching her limits.

The remains of the fire were bits of flames scattered here and there, and some more major fires that were still due to fail soon. Pieces of white ash fell onto Ashla’s heavy, black clothing. Asha sighed as she looked around to see what was going on. Grey smoke still corroded her senses despite how Kyla had thrown the doors open, letting the air out. However, Ashla was able to see now that an entire group of people had gained up on Zack Blaze. Ashla smirked at the site of this, and not just because of the fact that it was many against one...

When Blaze had said farewell to her, he was trying to mask his retreat by saying he was “bored” with her. However that look in his eyes, that contempt. Ashla felt the sweetest feeling of vengeance she could have ever felt when he had left her with that scowl on his face. He had finally seen Ashla’s true colors; he had finally seen that she was stronger than he had first thought. He loathed her for becoming stronger, and Ashla knew it. The smirk that had stayed on her face though had vanished when she had first observed the fire around her again.

Now, as she watched the fight going on now, Ashla wanted to join in on the fun again. She wanted to fight for her county! She wanted to prove herself… However, another coughing fit kept her from doing so. This time, Ashla almost fell to her knees in this. She surely was facing her limits. She wouldn't last in this room much longer, she knew it. Without any fresh air to appease her desperate lungs at all, Ashla hadn't one chance. However, worse was yet to come Ashla noted a flicker of movement to the way right of her. She turned her head to see that an Eiskalt soldier was racing towards her. Ashla felt relieved at first, this meant reinforcements! –However, she had judged too soon…

“M’lady!” The man cried, “I bring terrible news!”

Ashla’s eyes lost their brief spark of hope, “W-Wh-what news??”

“The Stahl Gate,” The man cried, attempting to catch his breath, “It’s been destroyed!”

The world stopped in Ashla’s mind. The ashes were now still, barely flying around her. Blaze and all the other fighting in the distance were now far away, frozen as statues. Ashla gasped, “Wh-What…” She could not believe this! Stahl Gate breached? Impossible! However, the sinking words of the solider still entered her ears, “They had explosives that blew the walls down! A-And now the livestock of the entire year up there has been destroyed! The enemy is winning!”

Now Ashla fell to her knees. The pure shock of such horrific events sank into her heart, crept into her soul. In such an event, Ashla drew in extremely large breaths, breathing extremely fast – she was hypervenalating. The panic attack only kept rising in her. Her wide, blue eyes, the way she clenched her ever beating cheat. She gasped, “No!”

The ever present gasses still floating around the room caused Ashla to cough even during this. It made her look pathetic… “No!” She then fell to the floor, “I-I was-“ she coughed again, “There- I… …”

“… That never should have happened…” *Cough, cough!*

As she lay there, even in her present state Ashla hoped and hanged on. She had to stay conscious! She had to get up and fight again! She would avenge the Stahl Gate, the Stahl planes… She would do so by killing Zack Blaze once and for all…

At least she could attempt to stand up again; her arms were violently shaking as she attempted to bring herself up, still gasping for air. Then she fell again… No! She protested, No! No! No!

Amber Eyes
03-14-14, 08:52 AM
Reality dawned on Kyla for the first time. Zack Blaze didn't have the manpower or the connections to destroy the gate so quickly. The kid was more a con artist than a true criminal. He wasn't here alone. What was she sending her men into? Who were they to find as they stood guard for the already weary citizens of Eiskalt? Fear raced through the Mystic, she alone would have to atone for lives lost in this battle. With each painful pound of her head Kyla racked her brain for information. Misery Business had been on the IK radar for quite some time, what connection had she missed?

Her eyes scanned the smoke-filled room as though the rafters or furniture remnants could give her some clue. Devon, Hysteria, and Zack were still fighting, though Kyla couldn't quite process exactly what she saw. Instead it all blurred, and the image of her last close-combat fight in the war for Corone filled her mind. Now, like then, the opponent was more than the IK bargained for. Now, like then, their leader had quite possibly led the troops into a trap. Now, like then, she was angry with her adoptive father. Then, she had hated Sei for pulling his troops in order to save their lives. Now, she was angry that he hadn't been able to instill that in her.

Men would die because of her lack of knowledge. Cities would burn because she was focused on a prepubescent brat. Who else would target the little known land? Why Eiskalt?

Her first thought was to go beat the information from the brawler, but it was a lost cause. The girl had witnessed Blaze's stubbornness again and again. No, there had to be another way.

When Ashla collapsed Kyla pushed her own thoughts from her mind and knelt beside the young royal. "Ashla, you are strong enough for this. I have troops quickly spreading throughout the country and I promise you, we will win this fight. As far as the damage, we will rebuild Eiskalt and it will be stronger and more beautiful than ever before." Kyla placed her hand upon the youth's back, rubbing small circles as she often did when Akiv was sick, "I will not fail you."

Kyla glanced upwards toward the door. Then, she froze.

Devon Steel
03-17-14, 03:12 PM
Devon watched with rising anger as Zack Blaze, the true target of all his wrath and hatred, appeared in front of him before Talen's shadowy claw could hit it's mark. The dark-haired ninja disappeared when the blonde instigator's hand tapped him, leaving only Blaze and Steel, face to face. The stocky brawler's sadistic grin faded, replaced by a grimace of loathing and pain as the gushing wound on his chest created river of blood flowing under his black hoodie. The shinobi had seriously injured Devon and put him at a severe disadvantage against Zack. This would not end well.

Blaze cocked his fist back and let loose, sending a punch tearing through the smoke towards Steel's undefended face. In tune with his instincts and surroundings, Devon prepared to easily dodge the blow. That is, until a small object appeared in front of Zack's face and slapped against his forehead. The sheer absurdity of it snapped the white-haired fighter out of his rage, almost forcing him to chuckle out loud.

'Is that a nutsa-'

His internal inquiry was interrupted by the crunch of Zack's fist smashing into his face. The initial force of the blow wasn't overwhelming, although the scrawny, blonde teenager's arms held enough force to knock Devon off his balance, weary as he was. Steel quickly brought his head back to face Zack, ready to taunt his most hated adversary for attempting such a weak attack.

"Is that all you've got, Blaze?!" He shouted at his the Misery Business member, hoping he would throw another predictable attack. Instead, Zack smirked and held the hand he had used to strike Devon up, flourishing his phalanges mockingly. Then, Blaze clutched the hand closed, and Devon screamed.

It wasn't girlish by any means. It was full-throated, piercing yell of pure agony. It resounded throughout the throne room, reaching the ears of all its inhabitants and probably some of those outside. Devon fell to the ground and writhed, as every bit of flesh and muscle around the impact point of Blaze's fist constricted. It felt as though his own skin was trying to crush and grind his bones into dust.

His vision began to fade, although his scream continued unabated. His last sight was that of the thick smoke rushing out of the throne room, and Zack Blaze standing triumphantly over him once again.

"Fuck, not again.." He reflected regretfully. It seemed that his vengeance would have to wait.

His wail finally faltered, and with it, his consciousness. His eyes closed as he lay bleeding on the floor of the throne room, another victim of the war.

Devon is unconscious. He is not bleeding severely enough to die from exsanguination within minutes, but will not be able to participate any more in this fight.

Max Dirks
03-18-14, 10:00 PM
Dirks enters the Throne RoomInstead of roaring flames and plumes of smoke, Dirks was greeted by a slight draft and a clear view of the recently ventilated throne room. He processed the room quickly and was pleased to see the scene was not as dire as Echo had just described.

Directly in front of him, near where the throne once stood, was Zack Blaze standing over an incapacitated Eiskalt defender. Good, he's still alive Dirks thought to himself, as Blaze was still a crucial part of his escape plan. To his left was Talen Shadowalker in his “child” form. The blindly obedient and oblivious drone posed the biggest thread to Dirks’ rescue attempt and caused Dirks to keep a sharp eye on his periphery. Then, to his left, he finally saw her. Kyla was hunched over a female defender, tending to her wounds. The two met each other’s gaze and he sighed in relief, but only momentarily.

Immediately thereafter, Dirks unholstered his ‘twin’ Beretta and moved into a defensive position. One gun was pointed at Zack Blaze. Even though they were on the same “side,” the brawler would not be happy to have his ‘prize’ taken from him. Talen, on the other hand, would surely misinterpret Dirks’ intentions and fly into an orc-like rage. The criminal was well aware of the planeswalker’s abilities after walking him in the Cell, and Dirks would fire at any and all appendages, extremities or weapons that materialized near anywhere near him.

You, Dirks lipped to Kyla with all the majesty and authority of her mute father. Over there, he mouthed once more while jerking his head towards an unobstructed doorway behind her. He turned and started walking backwards towards his ‘niece’ with his guns still aimed at Blaze and Shadowalker respectively. “The enemy is injured in the Grand Hallway,” Dirks lied to Talen. “Go there and you can quell this invasion before it begins.” When he was close enough to Kyla, he turned his head slightly and whispered, “I’m getting you out of here, NOW!”

Dirks has aimed guns at Zack Blaze and Talen. He intends to rescue Kyla and will attack you if you interfere

Zack Blaze
03-19-14, 10:26 PM
The street fighter smirked as Devon fell to the ground and a joy welled up in him. Unfortunately, Zack did not have long to celebrate the victory, as a pair of testicles Quickly slapped the youth upon his forehead. Zack's eyes grew wide and his mouth opened in horror as he felt the few hairs of the privates rub against his features. Given that two of his four opponents were female, and a third was now passed out on the floor, the only culprit left was Talen Shadowalker. Rage replaced the momentary joyous feeling that had filled him only seconds ago.

Electricity sizzled in the brawler's hands, and he quickly grabbed at the pair of grapes that had managed to teabag him. The boy knew that the genitals were so small, he would not feel as they popped between his hands. Maybe Talen would think twice before exposing the most dangerous area of a man to a guy who literally flowed with elemental force in the future. The smoke had cleared out of the room thanks to some interference, and Zack turned the second he heard he cock of a gun from behind. He turned with a smile upon his features, a smile that grew wider at the sight of Max Dirks.

He had heard rumors that Dirks worked for the Order of the Crimson Hand, a small fry organization that tried to constantly be in league with the more well known names. They were nothing compared to the Ixian Knights, but the addition of Max Dirks, as well as Sei Orlouge's own brother Ciato, had brought the group some slight infamy among rabble rousers. If the rumors of Dirks initiation in to the group had any semblance of truth, then Zack figured his victory was now assured. The ninja had not only done his job, but he had brought possibly the biggest gun in the entire arsenal.

Zack watched as Dirks maintained his aim, and turned towards Kyla Orlouge. This was the perfect opportunity for the boy to escape, to run away once more from Talen Shadowalker with his tail between his legs. Instead, Zack vanished in an instant, and quickly reappeared in front of Kyla once more. At this point, Zack's mind had figured out he was the underdog in this battle, but he did not care. The notoriety he would earn from a victory over both Kyla Orlouge and Talen Shadowalker were more than enough motivation to keep the hot-headed hero of Underwood on his feet. He crouched down quickly, and brought his fist up as hard as he could towards Kyla's chin. Max Dirks was not going to steal the gory from Zack, but Zack hoped to steal the the scene with a well placed uppercut.

Ashla
03-20-14, 06:09 AM
Ashla had begun to calm down at Kyla's words. Rebuilding Eiskalt... A huge, shaky sigh escaped her as she pulled herself together. However, Ashla coughed once again. The smoke had escaped the room, but the damage it had caused still remained, ravaging Ashla’s attempts to breathe. A tear fell as she looked up to Kyla and a newcomer. Ashla thought that by the way he was looking at Kyla, a protective glance, that he was a friend.

Ashla felt an okay sense come through her, she wouldn't come out too great but she would still come out alive after all. ... Then she looked in front of her again. Zack Blaze was racing towards Kyla in attempts to attack. Ashla growled, "No way!" Kyla protected me, I'll protect her! In a flash, Ashla was on her feet. Her determination was equal to always, but her real goals had met some kind of change. She was not just proving herself on behalf of her country, she was now protecting a friend.

Ashla knew that at the speed the man was at, she had no way to reach him in time. This lead Ashla to a quick idea on how to drive him back.
As the MizPiz leader came up to Kyla, Ashla readied her last Ice Dove in her hands. Hopefully, it would be able to cause some damage or at least throw Blaze back. Ashla wasted no time in sending it towards him. Ashla knew that in her current state, she most likely would not make it far against him. However, if somebody else’s life was on the line, Ashla was actually willing to take it…

Amber Eyes
03-21-14, 09:12 AM
Kyla stood the moment she realized Max wasn't just a vision. The Mystic had heard little about the gunslinger in the last few months and Sei had been tight-minded about his whereabouts leading up to the war. Had her father located him after all? Memories of their last encounter in the war for Corone filled her mind. His bravery against the Phoenix Ascendant had saved many lives.

As soon as Dirks mouthed his intent, Kyla responded like an obedient child. She took a single step backward, her eyes still focused on Ashla. The girl seemed to be on the mend, perhaps a bit shaken, but strong as ever. Her fire was back at least.

Max made his way toward her, guns drawn and pointed at Blaze and Talen. A smirk met her lips, even as leader of an army certain people would think her a child. Talen and Ashla had proven themselves capable time and time again. They had no real need for her here. The Mystic's head ached and sweat was building at her hairline. It had been a long time since the girl had felt this ill. The smoke was really getting to her. Kyla would hear Max out, if only to escape the action that seemed to be moving in slow motion.

The moment she turned to move, Zack Blaze stood in her way. His arm swung toward her. His face lit up with anticipation. It was far too late to move. Max was directly behind her. She prepared for the hit.

Suddenly her vision was all brown hair and pale skin. Ashla's body flew through the air and somehow managed to block the blow before she landed. It was a momentary reprieve though, as Ashla's bird exploded Kyla could only let out one word as the sound of cracking glass echoed through the room.

"Duck!"

Before the word left her lips she felt someone grab her waist and pull her away. Dirks. The glass exploded around two forms instead of one. Kyla's eyes met Max's for just an instant before she stepped into the shadows. In seconds the pair stood in the shadowy doorway, safely out of range. There was nothing she could do but watch as the shards shot toward friend and foe alike.

Max Dirks
03-21-14, 01:23 PM
The next few moments were a blur. When Dirks realized they were out of harm's way, he quickly holstered his patented Beretta and took Kyla's hand, pulling her through the open doorway. He had little concern for the others in the aftermath of Kyla's mystic protection spell.

Together they ran through endless hallways, corridors and side rooms, with Dirks continually tugging at Kyla's hand to direct her into a new area. The criminal did not know the layout of the castle, and his erratic course made that fact plainly clear. Eventually, Dirks stopped in large rectangular storage room. He knew it must be near an exit because the room contained several open-air windows.

Dirks let go of Kyla's hand and let out an audible "huff." He welcomed a breath of fresh air after being exposed to the smoke in the Throne Room. When he caught his breath, he yelled to Kyla, "What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

"Me?" Kyla seemed flabbergasted. "What the fuck are you doing ?" She demanded. Before Dirks could respond she continued, "My father sent you, didn't he? He didn't think I had what it took to lead the Ixians to victory. I'm the leader of a clan now and I'm still being babysat."

"What? No. No," he repeated when he finally made sense of Kyla's questioning. "I'm done doing favors for that fairy." Dirks pointed a finger at her chest. "No. I want to know why you brought the Ixian Knights here to this godforsaken island."

"Um, to help innocent people repel an invasion," she replied matter-of-factly. To her, it must have been obvious. Dirks could only shake his head at her naivety. "Why are you here?" she asked.

"To kill Madison Freebird and Jensen Ambrose," Dirks admitted.

"Why?"

"Don’t worry about it." Dirks turned the focus back on the young Mystic. "You know. I was actually excited when I heard that Sei had given you the Ixians. I thought, 'finally there would be a leader that didn't put pompous autonomy over practicality.' Clearly, I was wrong. Misery Business, the Order, the Company; they're all playing you for a fool right now."

Kyla tried to interject, but nothing came out. "Think about it, Kyla," Dirks continued. "This country and its land are worthless. We're on an island where the chief export is polar bears. What on Althanas could Misery Business gain by coming here? That's right, nothing."

"They declared war Eiskalt because they were too scared to declare war on the Ixians directly. They knew you would come to Eiskalt's aid. They knew you'd send your best people to help the innocents." Dirks fired off the facts in rapid succession before settling on his point. "With your forces so divided, I wonder what's happening in Corone right now. Do you think the Rangers can maintain peace without your lieutenants?" The realization of Misery Business' ploy weighed heavy on Kyla's face.

"Eiskalt was lost before this war even began. Leave it and Misery Business obtains control and oppresses its citizens. Protect it, and the land is still decimated and worse, your forces are divided across the sea. Corone was always the real target." Dirks took a deep breath before continuing his lecture. "Leaders must prioritize. Instead of being practical and staying where you could do the most good, you were like your father and leapt at the chance to help an innocent. Kyla, I love you and your sister, but I can't keep protecting you if you keep clinging to your father's holier than thou save the world mantra. This is real, and people will die no matter how hard you try to stop it."

There was a long awkward silence, broken only by occasional screams from outside the window. "How can I fix it," she asked, already knowing the answer.

Dirks smirked. "You can start by obliterating them. All of them..."

Amber Eyes
03-21-14, 04:11 PM
Once again Kyla trudged through the thick snow. Her head screamed with each step and her body struggled to keep the pace. Something happened in the castle, and it didn't seem to be getting any better in the clean air. Max's voice filled her thoughts. Had she truly been so blind? The sun was already turning orange in the distance, hiding behind the white landscape. How many men had been lost already? All while she played games with Zack Blaze.

She thought of Akiv, tucked away inside Ixian Castle. What horrors might come to her home while she aided Eiskalt? Kyla didn't feel like a leader. She felt like a child.

The moment she came into sight, Jones ran to her aid. "Miss Orlouge! Are you injured?" His ragged breathing matched her own as he put an arm around her middle and allowed her to lean against him.

"No," she shook her head, "Send a couple dozen troops to the castle. We have a downed man and several struggling allies. Bring them here."

Oreo nodded, shouting to a group of soldiers. "Packs on boys. Head to the castle, bring all injured back here." The boys began gathering supplies and speaking excitedly about the chance to see some action.

"There's more though Jones, send every messenger we have. Plans have changed."

The man stopped, "We can talk strategy later M'lady. Right now you need to be seen by a physician." He scanned the area, his eyes finally resting on a general. "Dunam! Where is Mistress Aislinn? Or that new guy? Kyla needs a doctor."

The general approached, his face grim. "They've been sent off. Word of a plague reached us a half hour ago. We've sent all healers to the city."

Oreo cursed under his breath, but Kyla stilled. "What type of plague?"

"It seems to be in the water ma'am." His brows lowered in frustration. "Half our troops filled their canteens in the same stream that feeds the city. It starts with a headache and a cough. Soon fever sets in. After that some have experienced dizzy spells, paralysis, and in some cases--"

Kyla stared at him hard for a moment after his words drifted off. "How many are dead?"

He shook his head, "It's impossible to say. A few hundred?"

The girl nodded. "And ill?"

"Thousands. We're doing the best we can."

She turned her back, tears reaching her eyes. She pulled the canteen from her side and stared at it for a long moment before throwing it with all her might into the nothingness. It wouldn't be Zack Blaze or the mysterious Lye that killed her. It would be a coward who tainted the water supply. She breathed deeply, holding back a cough.

"Every messenger, Jones." Her voice was little more than a whisper. "The Knight's primary goal is no longer to protect the citizens of Eiskalt."

"But Miss Or--"

"Silence!" It was a shout now. Anger filled her veins. The pair startled for a moment before remembering their good graces. "The goal now--" Her voice wavered for only a second. "is wiping every last member of Misery business and their friends from the face of Althanas."

Ashla
03-21-14, 08:11 PM
I will further add details to Ashla's actions.

The explosion from the ice dove had sent Ashla flying. However, Ashla had gotten up to see Kyla and the newcomer slip out of the room. Curious as always, Ashla followed.

However, Ashla had already lost them soon enough and was left searching for them. It took several minutes, but Ashla had raced outside the castle to see Kyla standing alone. Why was she here? Where was the other man? Whatever it was though, the Icebreaker could not fend off a sinking feeling. It was as if something terrible was about to happen.

"K-Kyla?" Ashla began to walk up to her friend and ally, "What are you do-o-oing?"

Zack Blaze
03-21-14, 08:29 PM
Zack smiled as his fist flew through the air and the wind whipped through his hair. Just before he made contact with the girl, however, something crystalline got between his blow and the girl. Zack's eyes widened as time seemed to crawl to a slow. The bird shattered into dozens of pieces, and it was almost as if Zack could see the tiny explosion as it ricocheted out towards him. There was not a thing the street fighter could do, and the shock wave from he miniature bomb slung the arrogant youth backwards. His body crumpled like a rag doll as he saw Kyla Orlouge disappear into the shadows with Max Dirks.

Either the girl had one-upped Dirks, or Zack had been deceived.

His left eye had nearly been welded shut from the intensity of the dove's heat. Last time, he had managed to minimize the damage with a table, but now he had no such luck. Ashla had managed to deal a hefty amount of damage to him while he could not return the favor in kind. Was the power of homeland love so magical that it prevented any true injuries? Zack pondered this, as well as Max Dirks' true loyalties; the man had been a puppet to Sei Orlouge for years, so perhaps the hand that was up the rear merely became Kylas. Zack's body skidded across the floor and came to a stop near a ornate wall. It was not until the boy looked up that he realized three things.

He was out of the Throne Room.

His left arm was limp.

And there was that terrible sound of shattering glass.

((Zack is blown out of the Throne Room and into the Grand Hallway))

Hysteria
03-22-14, 12:12 AM
Talen felt took a moment to account for all his appendages. Satisfied that they were where they should be he allowed himself a slight sigh of relief. It was short lived, as things darkened with the arrive of a gunslinger. Talen was shocked. He had missed the Dirks in the entryway of the castle, but now he was in full view. The youth stayed still, eyeing the gun pointed at him and waiting for the time to strike. It never came though, the smile Kyla gave Dirks stilled his hand. It wasn't one that needed to be saved, it was one that just had been. The next few moments were a blur. Zack made a rash move that quickly backfired, in Talen's opinion a key character trait. This resulted in a mystic protection, and everyone in the room showed with glass.

Talen was far enough from the explosion to be treated to the spray of glass rather than the explosion. The youth whipped both arms around in front of himself, quickly resummoning the metal gauntlet on his right arm. His hands moved like a blur in front of him, smashing around the larger glass shares that raged towards him. It was a only a second, then the youth lowering his arms. Small streams of blood ran down his chest and face from those few that he had been unable to stop. A trickle ran down the side of the youth's head, but his eyes were focused on Dirks and Kyla running from the room.

The youth lowered his gaze to the ground. He was left standing in the throne room while Kyla had made an escape. He told himself that it was because she trusted him. That she believed that he could handle the situation on his own. He tried to believe it. Talen twisted back to the hall way, his eyes burning with anger. Zack and the others were there and soon so would he.

The youth's form started to change. Darkness flooded his eyes, turning them into black obsidian orbs. Across the skin on his face darkness spread like a plague, flooding its way across his pale features. Talen's body twisted and changed two. He grew bigger, his body twisting out of proportion. His metal arms jutted forwards, their previously lithe form becoming heavy and muscled. His face similarly jutted forwards, the snarl now sprayed across a swollen face. The beast held out an arm, a huge maul appearing out of the air be caught easily. Talen moved forwards, his feet pounding across the ground in anger. With a drop of his should he smashed through what remained of the doors into the hallway.

Talen enters the hallway

Max Dirks
03-22-14, 08:03 PM
Dirks sat alone in the Ixian camp. He could hear faint coughing all around him, as proof that Misery Business had poisoned the stream as planned during his diversion. Dirks smirked. It wouldn’t be long before the Ixian army fell. It wouldn’t be long until Misery Business fell in retailation. Things were unfolding perfectly. Not for Misery Business or the Ixian Knights, but for the Order of the Crimson Hand…

A raven flew overhead with a small scroll tied to its foot. The scroll was written in code. It said:

L,

The package is safe.

The fire witnessed the flight.

The shadow is about to be unleashed.

D

This is my finale

Silence Sei
05-01-14, 09:51 AM
Thanks to Tobias Stalt for scoring this. Any questions about scores should be directed at him.

Category
Hysteria
Amber Eyes
Devon Steele
BlueGhostOfSeaside
Zack Blaze
Echo Naruga
Max Dirks
Philomel

Story

Setting

Pacing

Communication

Action

Persona

Mechanics

Clarity

Technique

Wildcard

Total
Total
59/100
73/100
67/100
44/100
73/100
54/100
76/100
61/100

Amber Eyes, Devon Steele, Max Dirks, Zack Blaze, and Philomel all move on to Round 2.

black shadow and Lady get 200 and 100 exp respectively.

Another judge will have to come in for the exp calculations.

Yay for progress!

Max Dirks
05-02-14, 12:34 PM
Amber Eyes earns 3600 EXP
Devon Steele earns 3162 EXP
Zack Blaze earns 3300 EXP
Max Dirks earns 3438 EXP
Philomel earns 3025 EXP

Hysteria earns 550 EXP
BlueGhostofSeaside earns 275 EXP
Echo Naruda earns 413 EXP
black shadow earns 200 EXP
Lady earns 100 EXP

Lye
10-22-14, 10:56 PM
This battle has had its EXP & GP added as of 5/2/14.