PDA

View Full Version : Round 1 Part A-1v1 (3)

Solar Haven
03-07-14, 10:45 PM
Begins March the 8th at 12:01 am EST. The fight ends March the 23rd at 12:01 am EST.

Participants: Wolf Oden Luka Frekad vs BlackghostofSeaside

Wolf Oden Luka Frekad
03-12-14, 02:50 PM
It was a simple enough request. Find a person and capture him. Not an unusual request although killing the person tended to be more popular and more down assassin's alley. However, this mission needed careful planning especially since a special crow delivered the message. A mistake would not be tolerated this time.

Wolf read the message again to make sure he got all the important details. The man he was after was named Julius Tabor and was apparently wanted since he was somewhat related to Eiskalt royalty. Due to this fact, he was not permitted to kill. To help his success chances, there was some helpful information on what to expect from his foe. Apparently, Julius was a fire mage although he knew how to use the sword and was an expert in archery. Also, a rough description and sketch of the enemy was also attached.

“Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Capture missions always have that chance of turning out horrible especially those that I can't cut my losses by killing the person. And worst of all, mages and archers can be my worst foe if I can't get close to them,” the assassin swore at possibility of a worst case scenario.

“Well, I can't back down now especially considering 'they' asked. I'll have to pull out every trick I know to increase my chances since who knows what 'they' will do if 'they' think I wasn't trying my hardest and failed.”

“Let's see.... Generally mages and archers are weakest if you can get close to them. So probably an ambush would be best. I hate to lose some hard earned money but keeping my life is worth more so I should hire some local thugs to improve my chances. Just need to make sure I select those that can listen to orders and not beat someone to death. Preferably, some place far away from help would be ideal but not sure if I can get this fellow into that situation.”

Finally, after tracking down the person in mind, Wolf had prepared the trap. He had hired five thugs armed with clubs and other blunt weapons that would knock a person out but probably not inflict a mortal wound in a single hit. As for the plan, it was a simple one. The most 'proper looking' thug would approach Julius and try and get him to enter the alley where the other four were hidden and waiting. If all went well, they would knock him out and Wolf would pay them in return for his prize.

As the commander of the operation, he would watch from the second story of the building making up half the dark alley. There were a few boxes near the window in case he needed to jump in to assist. However in the worst case where Julius proved to be more than he and the men could handle, he would be taking a silent exit and hopefully being able to set up a better trap if that was possible.

Just as the men had gotten into their hiding places, a person resembling the 'honored guest' began approaching. Like clockwork, the 'lure' set his course to intercept. He was dressed as a merchant and hopefully would find the right words to convince Julius to walk unknowingly into the trap.

I left it open so that the person might not be Julius... Also, the thugs are just average men with wooden clubs. The 'lure' or fifth thug is unarmed.

BlackGhostofSeaside
03-13-14, 02:29 PM
Julius crept out of the tall bounding made of the valuable black metals of his country. He kept his bow in one hand, a torch lit with flames in the other. Two guards followed his stead. The meeting that took place in Unum alongside Fulgur II may have infiltrated. Julius' close friend had asked him to go outside and search the area. Outside of the warm building, the snow fell lightly onto the always white covered ground. Many people, stuffed in their own layers of clothes to keep them warm, went by without even acknowledging the former prince of Eiskalt. For once, the lord of Eiskalt did not mind. It was better off if he and his men were left not noted so any unwanted attention was not drawn in.

One soldier scouted ahead while the other stuck close behind. They came up on an alleyway. Julius blinked and nodded to one of his men to scout ahead for any superstitious figures. The man came up to an alleyway where he was approached by an apparent merchant. The man immediately became thrilled with a vial of potion on the man's hip and forgot his post, following the man into the ally. Close behind him, Julius and the second guard followed; hoping that they could get their guard back. The first man ran up ahead, blindly following the merchant deeper into the alley. However, suddenly the second soldier pulled Julius behind a wooden barrel and told him to wait. Meanwhile, the man pulled out a pair of lenses and a crossbow. Julius also aimed his crossbow into the darkness ahead in case his first man ran into trouble. The two who hid behind the barrel would shoot any enemies from their cover behind.

Julius shivered, he had stayed in Eiskalt for two months now and he still was not used to the freezing temperatures of it. He had spent so much time in the desert Fallien that he had forgotten about how cold his home country was. He briefly glanced at his companion, his eyes asking why this man was being so cautious.

Out of the blue, the two men harshly turned their heads back to the direction of the alley when they heard their scout cry out in pain. The remaining soldier crept out of his hiding place, aiming through his advanced lenses and pointing his crossbow into the darkness. "I can see closer with my lenses," The man reported, "But it's so dark in there..."

Julius narrowed his eyes. "I'll help." The former bandit handed his torch to his companion who lowered his crossbow and took the torch without question - he could already tell what the Tabor was up to. Julius pulled a yew arrow out and pulled it back into his bow and used his bloodline gifts to pull a small bit of the fire from the torch to the tip of the arrow. "Hey," Julius asked hoarsely, "Do you see any movement in there at all?"

The soldier peered into his lenses then gave Julius some instructions on where to shoot at. With that, Julius let go of the arrow. The arrow landed on straight onto a pine barrel and a fire erupted. From there, Julius eyes widened as he could see that the man who he had sent ahead... was dead.

Julius growled, "Shoot anyone in sight, Mark!"

The remaining man, Mark, who had been equally hit up with the death of a fellow guard and a friend, immediately began shooting at anyone else he could aim at. Julius took aim to, desperately looking for the enemy that his companion had already spotted through his sniping device.

Wolf Oden Luka Frekad
03-21-14, 10:55 PM
“Idiots! Dimwits! How stupid can people be? Sure, I hired them because they weren't the brightest and thus were easier to work with but still, this goes beyond normal stupidity.” Wolf cursed under his breath as the 'merchant' lured in a common guard instead of the approaching target. “Although, I should have foreseen that an important figure might have guards with him. But why! Why would they try to lure in the scout when the target was obviously close enough to see them doing it?”

As Wolf peeked out of the second story inn window, he watched with annoyance as the thugs started beating the unfortunate soldier to death. “Well, maybe they had something against that guard... Still, thanks to them, my life is definitely on the line for this mess if that 'organization' finds out. Ugh, what to do? Should I jump down to help?”

“Count that plan out,” the werewolf thought as a flaming arrow flew towards the circle of fools. There might be five of them against two archers but there was a whole street between them. Not to mention, that Julius person could obviously use fire magic as shown by the pine barrel rapidly catching on fire. The blaze clearly illuminated the dead body and in response, more arrows and crossbow bolts flew into the group of thieves.

The mercenary could only sigh as one fell dead with a bolt through his head and another suddenly had found that his leg didn't work as well with an arrow sticking out of it. “Well, guess I'll have to think up another plan. Maybe a night assassination instead. On the bright side, those running idiots haven't seen my face or form so if they get caught, they can't reveal who hired them. But it seems like it there might not be any prisoners...” Wolf thought as he observed the scared remaining men give up any hope of beating these trained archers and instead, try their best to run out and escape.

Feel free to kill the thugs, capture them, or whatever. As for Wolf, he is observing from the inn nearby. He is smart enough to keep his face covered although that probably isn't needed since there are probably a few other people watching.

Silence Sei
04-08-14, 03:44 PM
Wolf Oden Luka Frekad advances.